Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (59113 Views)

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Monday60655(m): 7:27am On May 11, 2020
Did the company ordered to remain in the same level of 100k forever?
Anyway, the decision depends on the calibre of individual collecting the 5m and accepting the job as well. Know ye thyself, then ascertain your strength.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by OJEEMAH(m): 7:30am On May 11, 2020
I would accept the 5M and look for a good connect that can get me FIRS job for 2M or process candian visa.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by victorjoe(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2020
phantom24:
Pls complete this phrase: A bird @ hand is better than a thousand....?

It's not "better than" anything. A bird at hand is the only bird. Collect that 5m.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by okeyfrank: 7:42am On May 11, 2020
Job security or not, pls go for the[b] N5m immediately.

Use the next 1-month to have some online basic training on Entrepreneurship.

Then start-up your money making business.

Ensure you put up a good business plan as well as a detailed financial plan.

Do not forget to buy and secure at least 1-No plot of land somewhere with not more than N2m.

Enjoy.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by PropertyBuying(f): 7:49am On May 11, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Follow your intuition.
Hmmmm.. even a #3m cash will do I tell you. If you have business idea, or you have a skill you can put to use, then your business will be okay.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by PropertyBuying(f): 7:49am On May 11, 2020
PropertyBuying:

Hmmmm.. even a #3m cash will do I tell you. If you have business idea, or you have a skill you can put to use, then your business will be okay to start.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Olusholar24(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Just wondering... Are some people born without brains?

grin grin grin.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Ginalex(f): 7:51am On May 11, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
A lump sum can only do go with an already mapped-out investment strategy that has been test-run and will most likely succeed.....

Only an investment savvy individual get to "pull weight" in an enclave littered with corruption amidst very bad economy!

If you are not a good risk taker like us,

[s]ManOfSteel will advice you choose to make regular love with your bae for 10mins anytime you so desire, than choosing to have a one time sex romp of over 15hours, if such offer is made.[/s]
Every other thing you said is spot on
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Pootle: 8:07am On May 11, 2020
5milli will go along way in starting up a business.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tulabh: 8:10am On May 11, 2020
Collect the money, play 2odds every month... your brother will later b the one asking you for money. Thank me later
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Jaspaman: 8:10am On May 11, 2020
sonnie10:
This is a no brianer! #5m.
Take the #5M and become your own boss.

Buy a Camry of #2m and use for Uber.

Do only two trips of 3k everyday for each month and your take home would be around 100k

Cash is king.

Good idea
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tasceige(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2020
nikjaneTAILORS:

IBEJU LEKKI AFTER AJAH LAGOS . BUT IF YU ARE ANYWHERE ON THE ISLAND WE CAN ALWAYS BE AT YOR SERVICE

Please share your WhatsApp contact
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tonididdy(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2020
teegeealiu:
Just say you want it broken down to you but as for the job, it's an in-laws business so I have had my office before I started the business. It's an easy business. I live in a busy area so what I did was to get a shop that was closer to my house, I got a double door chest freezer of about 500ltrs and another one of 319ltrs, I also got a generator for steady power because we hardly have constant power in the area which was my number one strength. What do I do? I buy an average of 150 bags of water everyday and resell when chilled at a difference of #50 and at times, I buy and sell more than 150 bags in a day. I also sell chilled drinks in cans and I make close to 3k in drinks every day. The water sells faster because these guys hawking on the road come to buy from me and resell plus the ones I sell to people who come to buy from me directly though their own price at which I sell is a bit higher than what I sell to the hawkers. Weekends always give mad sales because I get bookings from people who are doing events. Fuel consumption on the average a day is 1,500. The business is 4 months old and the dry season also pushed me into doing it. Now, do the math and tell me why I won't make an average of 200k a month.

Not all business require special entrepreneurial skill. The only skill you'll need is being able to identify your market and I clearly did that before I started off.
... This is a good business for you know but there is no freaking way you would maintain a profit margin of 7k daily esp in the wet season.
That being said, so far you have no competition clearly... Wait until competition comes and it must.
In Nigeria to maintain a steady business margin as you claim, your services have to be unique ( scarce or skilled business) or you must have guarded monopoly.

Bro all am saying is business is not as easy as planned in the head.
I know you wondering which one of the picks I would go for...of course, the N5M. I am not one to take orders or wake up by the clock every morning. I love my freedom BUT instead of business, I would invest in landed properties
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Chochovini: 8:28am On May 11, 2020
sirjoggy:
Cash out Bro
.A bet9ja staker spotted!
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by alhajimikehell(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls

Take the illion and investment it.get monthly returns..I know one ,Das exponent
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Xioxing: 8:32am On May 11, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:

Another underdeveloped brain on the lose...
For your mind, you Sabi counter abi? Mr. ImbecîleVoltron.
Go fk yourself.
ok
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2020
tasceige:

I stay around majek!!
Please share your WhatsApp contact

Really, i have a property on Office Depot street opposite Fara Park Estate
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by marvelous3417: 8:37am On May 11, 2020
I will suggest in my own opinion that firstly to look at his odd and wat he tend to loose from d company
His brother who gave him that choice knows wat d company is worth.u can't just take 5milliom and leave like dar trust me come next 5momth that company will recurpuriate trust me we are in a period where 5m comes with a lot of responsibility and problem 5m is much wait until u start seeing responsibility
As a young or an already family member I will suggest you take d 100k a month and see how it goes trust me forget 5years or 4years you will not feel a thing ask bankers.. So sir I will suggest in dis country of ours to take d 100k and work ur way out from there...

3 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by megama: 8:41am On May 11, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls
very simple dear., one adage says. "a bird at hand Worths more than a million birds in the bush"
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Sheyilola(f): 8:43am On May 11, 2020
Does he have plans for the 5m already?
If non he should accept the job as head of finance.
Some little little change aside salary sef go dey show up.
Life is all about risk at times.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Biodup: 8:45am On May 11, 2020
Any rational individual should choose 5 million, 100k monthly salary will make him leave an average life for the rest of his life. Most peoplle remain poor due to fear of unknown. Accepting 100k as monthly salary will make him earn less than 4k daily. 5 million is big money to start an investment if you are disciplined intellectual sound and determined. Boys at alaba market or ladipo market can double this money in less than a year. All you need to do learn the trade for atleast 6month, remember no pain no gain. There is nothing like business if you get it right, no billionaire that became one through salary. Another option with 5 million (interest free) one can venture into uber business ( drive it yourself)at the same time establish pos terminal for fund transactions in different strategic locations especially market areas. With God all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by greenskittles: 8:46am On May 11, 2020
5 million is the obvious choice. It won't stop him from finding another job.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by oluadex99(m): 8:53am On May 11, 2020
Even with #500k i will leave this salary work to become self employment
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by ekineme: 8:59am On May 11, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

I swear. Some questions are not even worth asking. It shows stupidity.
It will take him over 4 years to make 5m. Then you have 5m once in lump sum and you ate still asking for people's opinion.
To even get a secured federal government job in a good agency, you don't need more than 1m

Guy if you know a sure link to any govt Job kindly msg me, I need one for my cousin.Thanks
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by paprika212(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2020
Let him collect the sum, I have a lucrative business that if u invest on will give you 7-8 million before December. Just send me a message if you are interested.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by lordthree(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2020
Take the 5 million

Reasons why

1. There is nothing better than being your own boss believe me

2. If you take that 100k job you’ll have to deal with transportation fare, feeding so atleast 20k every month

3. What happens if the organization gets a new management that doesn’t understand this arrangement and sacks you

4 what if the organization goes bankrupt especially in the post covid era

5. What if you have a supervisor that frustrates you

Take the money be your own boss
Fix deposit 2 million and start a business with 3 million
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2020
Hmmm, this is a serious question.
For me ooo, please collect the 5m and make sure you establish it very well in good business. And I believe in a couple of months, you will surely employ people and started paying them more than 100k. But if you accept the 100k job, how much will you save in a month after removing money for your transportation to the office, feeding [color=#000099][/color]and other things and maybe the job may not last for 3months. I rest my case.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by YungLasaint(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2020
It might takes years to get 5m if you go for the 100k job... Collect the 5m and start a business within 2-3 years you will pull in more than 100k permonth... If you are not a risk taker go for the second option...
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Counselor123: 9:11am On May 11, 2020
Collect 5M. Put yourself on 50k salary for the next two years, making 1.2M.
Learn a business and invest just 1.8 for a start and expand only after you have mastered it. Invest the remaining 2M with Microfinance bank.
With this arrangement, you may never be stranded in your life.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Counselor123: 9:16am On May 11, 2020
Collect the 5M and divide into three.
1. Put yourself on a monthly salary of 50k for the next teo years, making 1.2M
2. Learn a business and start with just 1.8M. Only expand it when you have mastered it and guaranteed success.
3. Invest the remaining 2M in Microfinance bank.
With this arrangement you may never be stranded in your life.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Princelegacy: 9:46am On May 11, 2020
Go for 5million pls.
With that you can establish business that will earn you more.

100k per month will take you 5years or even more to be able to save 5million............if you are been sack nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.