Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (59135 Views)

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by anyicash(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
What if you gey sacked after 2 months..this is Nigeria where nothing is guaranteed and remember no job security.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 10, 2020
The Company also is Wise....

Work and go Broke,waiting for retirement bonuses... Invest and Live the rest of your life in Freedom.....Robert Kiyosaki...RDPD

..That 5m would go down well,because these days you don't need millions to start up,but you can start with little and earn big.....there are a lot of SMES especially in ICT...you make cool cash in a space of months..

The Bitter truth is there are lots of investment that pays more than 100k a month.....

If the guy is not an investment type,he should go with the 100k,but if not the 5m,goes well.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by howmarket2: 10:04pm On May 10, 2020
chiefolododo:
Collect the money. Look for job elsewhere, go into ICT , TECH skills
like which ICT skill can he go into remember ICT skill is not for the dull brains.cisco, data, programming, web development or design/ WordPress, digital marketing, seo, please tell me cos me my self I want to learn an ICT skill but non is easy even when you learn any, is either non relevant like cisco or there are no jobs.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by nikjaneTAILORS(m): 10:04pm On May 10, 2020
tasceige:

Where your location?

IBEJU LEKKI AFTER AJAH LAGOS . BUT IF YU ARE ANYWHERE ON THE ISLAND WE CAN ALWAYS BE AT YOR SERVICE
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Supremecc(m): 10:04pm On May 10, 2020
Good day,pls I'm new here I don't know how to create thread.
Please I need am advice ,I have a contract job that am doing and the pay me 90k per month, but due to this corona virus we are no longer working. The problem is ,I had a friend that stay and worked in Dubai. He has ask me to come over and work in their company,according to him the are paying 800k in UAE currency. Before the Covid -19 pandemic.
Should I forget Dubai issue and focus with my job, as assistant field geologist. Which time I grow myself in the field geologist. Or should I proceed with the plan to travel to Dubai.
Your advice will go a long way ,thanks.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by rationalhuman(m): 10:05pm On May 10, 2020
Plan is perfect except , this amount is not sufficient to get you an University degree from India as Naira 5 million is just about 900k INR Indian Rupee, You can pay Tuition Fee for few Grade B / Grade C universities but what about living cost? You need to add on

dingbang:
I'd take the 5m, go to India, baptize myself with IT skills, come back... 1m salary or nothing
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by howmarket2: 10:05pm On May 10, 2020
chiefolododo:
Collect the money. Look for job elsewhere, go into ICT , TECH skills
ICT SKILLS LIKE WHICH ONE ABEG
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Burgerlomo: 10:06pm On May 10, 2020
nikjaneTAILORS:
IN MY DREAM I WILL COLLECT 3M THAN 100K JOB

I CAN PROVIDE JOB FOR MYSELF

AM A TAILOR AND I MAKE AT LEAST 150K AT LEAST B4 CORO AND MY BUSINESS IS NEW 2.5 YEARS OLD

I LOVE ANYTHING INDEPENDENT AND AM AN HARD WORKING PERSON SO I CANT AFFORD TO BE UNDER ANYONE ABEG

Bro you're a fashion designer cool
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Enoch07: 10:07pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Are some people born without brains?
I was wondering, until I saw ur comment. I think some people are actually born brainless
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by manuelreports: 10:07pm On May 10, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
5m. let's him go into frozen food in wholesale price, direct from apapa wharf to Warehouse cold room

100k job won't solve anything
How can one get contact of imoorters?

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by teegeealiu: 10:08pm On May 10, 2020
bmdmixer:
and what happens if biz doesn't scale through?
What about he dies or company liquidates or he gets sacked. Bro, be positive.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 10, 2020
5M cash and invest in business,if I get 5M now ehn I’m never going broke.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by teegeealiu: 10:10pm On May 10, 2020
tonididdy:

This advice you gave, did you just imagine it in your head or it's actually a path you have taken?

People are funny on here undecided
I do business and it fetches me 7k profit daily. On the average, I make 200k every month. I started with less than 700k yet it still allows me do my office job.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by omicpet(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls

You can be helped to get a job , you can’t be helped to keep the job ,
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by manuelreports: 10:10pm On May 10, 2020
Supremecc:
Good day,pls I'm new here I don't know how to create thread.
Please I need am advice ,I have a contract job that am doing and the pay me 90k per month, but due to this corona virus we are no longer working. The problem is ,I had a friend that stay and worked in Dubai. He has ask me to come over and work in their company,according to him the are paying 800k in UAE currency. Before the Covid -19 pandemic.
Should I forget Dubai issue and focus with my job, as assistant field geologist. Which time I grow myself in the field geologist. Or should I proceed with the plan to travel to Dubai.
Your advice will go a long way ,thanks.
Open ur own thread nah
Meanwhile Dubai is not that Rosy for black African migrant except you are ready to do menial jobs. Dubai is a place of enjoyment and tourism just like Owerri in Imo State not a place to build a better career.
My advice though

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by meetme01: 10:10pm On May 10, 2020
Myopic thinking too plenty. Before you take action or advice people, you ask questions. You ask genuine questions to ascertain the level and capacity of such individual. You just don't jump into conclusion.

There was even a thread where a guy was asking, with 1.5M where can move into. Lots of advice but from experience, even the 1.5M may not be enough when he starts the process and may even he may not see the airport talkless of boarding the plane. It's not about squandering, its about the present society. Lots of uncertainties will arise, that's the end of the money.

Op,
what is your friend's age bracket?

Where does he live?

Is he married? If NO, he stays alone or what his parents?

Any entreprenual skill?

Is he a graduate?

The position to be given, is it based on his qualification or just to compensate him?

Is he aware why the company is offering such compensation? Probably his brother was a shareholder and in order to cover up tracks or evade the normal competition.

How long did his brother work in the firm before his demise?

Questions like this and many more will determine which option is the best. This is a life time opportunity that shouldn't be on hasty decision. It's a matter of future purpose. If he takes the right decision, he would forever be grateful but if otherwise, it would be hard to forgive himself later in future.

You may want to ask, what would I advice, I rarely make decisions for people even if I tend to do, I guide, I don't choose to avoid, "you said I should do this" if it boomerang.

In essence, Op, a lady on the front page said it, follow your instincts.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Justification01: 10:10pm On May 10, 2020
I will collect the money
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Orpe7(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2020
5mil sure o
100k job u might get fired before u earn up to 2mil sef

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by sonnie10: 10:12pm On May 10, 2020
Decaf:

Can u be my SA (Special Adviser)? lol..

See, what I said was being too generous because of awof money.

Personally, I won’t use #2m for the car. Just look for clean Nigeria used Camry 2004 - 2006 of about 700K. Get sound tokumbo engine for 250k. That is just #1M.

Then #1m for a plot in Ikorodu area and another #1m a plot in ibeju leakier area.

Keep the #2M remaining in a fixed deposit account until you have opportunity for another business.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by DammyGbade(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2020
Very interesting topic... In my own opinion, if the job is in a private organization, omo forget about the job and collect the 5m. Because there's no Job security when working for private organization. But if the job is federal or state, please go for the 100k, because with time you'll be promoted and be collecting up to 1m per month and most importantly is that there's job security.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Yongsiggz(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2020
fykes:
5m in this period can buy lots of things...
Collect the money. Na only person who never work before will advise him to go for the job offer.
Take 5m if u don't know what to do, fix it for monthly return with a micorfinance or cooperative society.

Or better still start applying for Germany or Canada visa
Aswr u read my mind
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by howmarket2: 10:14pm On May 10, 2020
sonnie10:
This is a no brianer! #5m.
Take the #5M and become your one boss.

Buy a Camry of #2m and use for Uber.

Do only two trips of 3k everyday for each month and your take home would be around 100k

Cash is king.
this is the best iv seen here, not all those ict skills some idiots are saying. I spent 200, 000k to learn cisco ccna last yr In aptect wuse2 abuja and I didn't learn anything. I just helped my self with YouTube videos before I could learn it now, were is the cisco network admin job na even internship in galaxy back bone is like getting a real job.ok now iv gone back to learn WordPress website development what next.oga collect the 5m by ur self a nice camry ride . early morning carry ur car go do ur uber, no body go no ur job weather na uber or office work.

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by dejolly(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2020
This is a very dare decision to make. People that advises you to collect the N5m or the Job of N100k are right. I can't advise you neither to take the job non the N5m. These are my reasons:
1. Are you a business minded person ?
2. Are you a fresh graduate?
3. Have you done any business before ?
4. What kind of life do you live and what plan have you ?
5. How old are you?
6. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

If you can answer these questions then I can boldly advise you either to take the cash or the job.

Someone like me already know what to do because of my level of experience. You need to trade with care not to regret it later. Both options are good depending on who you are.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Lotusflowerbomb: 10:18pm On May 10, 2020
Collect the 5M, invest some of the money, the rest, use it to relocate to the abroad and hustle.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Connoisseur(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2020
SweetJoystick:

It's possible, might be his brothers gratuity having worked in the company for a while and he's probably the next of kin

Not possible.

If the company ever thought they could get away with 100k/month salary, the 5 million offer will not be in play.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 10, 2020
If he have a mapped out business plan already,he should take the cash...because with 100k per month,you can hardly save up to 50 % of the salary, of which if he is able to save 50% per month, it will take him about 10 years to save up to 5million naira.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Alwaysmiling(f): 10:19pm On May 10, 2020
5M
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by ddjay: 10:19pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls
Collect 5 milla and buy a govt job if he cant start a business
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by dingbang(m): 10:21pm On May 10, 2020
rationalhuman:
Plan is perfect except , this amount is not sufficient to get you an University degree from India as Naira 5 million is just about 900k INR Indian Rupee, You can pay Tuition Fee for few Grade B / Grade C universities but what about living cost? You need to add on

did I tell you that I was going for a university degree?
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:21pm On May 10, 2020
if you believed this is real and not some cooked up story to attract traffic.. . then you can believe anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.