Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (59109 Views)

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by frog12: 10:46pm On May 10, 2020
stop lying.
which company go do dis??

steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by maik: 10:46pm On May 10, 2020
Collect the money Sharp Sharp...and set up a business.

With 100k salary, you cannot save 5 million in 10 years as you will need to pay for transport everyday, feeding in the office will also take part of the money.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by alfarouq(m): 10:50pm On May 10, 2020
Let him take the 5 million, if he has entrepreneurial spirit he can start something and be his own boss, if he lacks entrepreneurial spirit or is not a risk taker, he can use 1 million out of the money to buy a federal job that can guarantee security and might pay more than 100K. Abeg I no dey encourage corruption oh
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by luluosas(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2020
I see the 5m as a big trap and a temptation to overcome. I am sure the job offer is far more worth than the priced 5m. They are using the ordinary 100k job to test his maturity and thinking faculty. I will therefore advise him to accept the 100k job offer, as am very certain the offer is far more beyond that.
He should not be tempted by money because he will surely not make any meaningful investment decisions out of it because it is a free money.
My two cents. Thank you

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by bizhop01: 10:52pm On May 10, 2020
AUDIO
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by NiceMen: 10:54pm On May 10, 2020
Luckybelt:
Who is asking this type of question? 100k monthly Na money?
The number of people who live on just that alone in Nigeria are in Millions...
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Boydehot: 10:55pm On May 10, 2020
onoms4luv:
see them, destiny destroyers, una think say 5m na like 5m dollars, with the current situation of this country you won't be able to managed that fund properly to yield good result. my advice for you is to take the job and developed yourself.

forget wetin pole dey yarn here.

Only a stupid man will go for 100k job over 5million. Tell me how much do you think he can save in a month.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Dahcastro(m): 11:01pm On May 10, 2020
Collect the 5m, buy one toyota hiace, start transportation business, follow the due processes about the business, within 6 months bro, u re in money

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by bmdmixer: 11:03pm On May 10, 2020
teegeealiu:
Very positive. A wise man who has got 5m and as a last resort will not be quick to squander it. There are working investments to do with part of the cash while you pursue business with the other part.

Wisdom plus common sense should be applied.
good for u
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by ellizy(m): 11:04pm On May 10, 2020
It is just like getting an achievement of a life in one day..
100k? Kamari
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by kollinz1234(m): 11:07pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

plss advise him to collect the #5m . If he has a job, let him resign. With 5 million, there are a lot of things he can import from China and make a whole lots of cash eg light bulb.
Secondly; he can start a company of giving loans to while collar job men with collateral and have his interest.
Thirdly, he can open several POS shops in good locations. (Good locations will not be a problem because of his money, he can outpay an existing renter and collect his/her shop)
I can go on and on

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by eeddiiee(f): 11:10pm On May 10, 2020
Give me the 5million please
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by oguntola1(m): 11:11pm On May 10, 2020
5 millions
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Investnow2017: 11:15pm On May 10, 2020
rangerover:
COLLECT THE MONEY IMMEDIATELY. REMEMBER, WHAT IF THE COMPANY PACKS UP IN THE NEAR FUTURE OR FACES FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES.

What chances do you have that your own business will not flop assuming you are not a business oriented person? Not every person is business minded.

Everyone is saying 'open business' 'open biz'. What about using the N5m to upgrade himself academically and professionally!

Look, whichever choice he makes, there are inherent risks associated. It is even risky to be alive cheesy
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Temysteve(m): 11:16pm On May 10, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
A lump sum can only do go with an already mapped-out investment strategy that has been test-run and will most likely succeed.....

Only an investment savvy individual get to "pull weight" in an enclave littered with corruption amidst very bad economy!

If you are not a good risk taker like us,

ManOfSteel will advice you choose to make regular love with your bae for 10mins anytime you so desire, than choosing to have a one time sex romp of over 15hours, if such offer is made.
ur karamo sef too much, give advice and u dey manoeuvre upandan.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Advancedman(m): 11:18pm On May 10, 2020
SageMK:
If he's jobless, he should accept the job offer.
But if he's employed, he should accept the cash.

Brilliant answer.
The term jobless is unique.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Oyiboman69: 11:18pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Are some people born without brains?

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Investnow2017: 11:20pm On May 10, 2020
maik:
Collect the money Sharp Sharp...and set up a business.

With 100k salary, you cannot save 5 million in 10 years as you will need to pay for transport everyday, feeding in the office will also take part of the money.

What kind of business please? N5m
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Temysteve(m): 11:20pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

If you business oriented, I'll advice you go for the 5Milli. besides, you can get a better job Worth more than 100K per month so don't restrict urself to one position, if the company fold up or ran into dept do u think your regular 100k will be constant??
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by therealpeace: 11:20pm On May 10, 2020
He should read about prodigal son...

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Odoctor(m): 11:21pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Are some people born without brains?
That's was really worrisome. Thought I was the only one that read that. Smh
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Temysteve(m): 11:21pm On May 10, 2020
phantom24:
Pls complete this phrase: A bird @ hand is better than a thousand....?
far away...
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by chukzyfcbb: 11:22pm On May 10, 2020
Its only a fool that will take the job.

Las Las take the 5m, go find another job If you are not the enterpreneur person
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by mustaphagreens(m): 11:22pm On May 10, 2020
Lol...I had earlier suggested investing the money in a Fixed deposit. Bro or Sis, do your research o. I am not responsible for how you utilize my comment on this forum nor the result of acting based on it.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Temysteve(m): 11:24pm On May 10, 2020
fykes:
5m in this period can buy lots of things...
Collect the money. Na only person who never work before will advise him to go for the job offer.
Take 5m if u don't know what to do, fix it for monthly return with a micorfinance or cooperative society.

Or better still start applying for Germany or Canada visa
make he go canada/Germany wey he no sabi anybody, I tell you that money go quashed in 5month without remaining kobo

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by chukzyfcbb: 11:24pm On May 10, 2020
mustaphagreens:
Collect the 5m
Open a Fixed Deposit Account with GtBank and throw the money inside. It should earn you up to 250k every month while you think up a nice business idea.
NO BANK will pay you that much per month here in Nigeria on fixed deposit.

I would have said the whole world but I am just being cautious
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Temysteve(m): 11:24pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s] Complete senseless rubbish! Are some people born without brains?
Jesu mi oooo! brother why nah!!!
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by MODEXTO(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2020
5MILLION OO...! NA THE SURE WAY BE THAT.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by ospreywin(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2020
Get your tinted permit stress free and renew/register your vehicle documents hassle free 08144476474 whatsapp /2348144476474
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by nikjaneTAILORS(m): 11:26pm On May 10, 2020
Burgerlomo:

Bro you're a fashion designer cool

YES I AM
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by clericuzzio(m): 11:26pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

Tell your guy to collect the 5mil. Spend 2m jand go USA or any better country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.