Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing (56700 Views)

How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Sweetpopcorn: 1:51am On May 11, 2020
Abuja to receive the initial shipment for testing.

Madagascar’s COVID-19 cure drugs sent to Nigeria

May 11, 2020 in Featured, News, News Update

From Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Abuja
NAFDAC, others to carry out analysis before testing

Governors seek volunteer health workers to battle virus
The Republic of Madagascar has offered its herbal drug – COVID Organics (COV) – to Nigeria and other African countries.

The drug is for prevention and cure of Coronavirus.

Nigeria’s consignment has been sent to Equatorial Guinea from where it will be airlifted to Abuja.

For ease of transportation, African countries were divided into zones leading to the freighting of Nigeria’s consignments to Equatorial Guinea.

Nigeria’s COVID-19 positive tally moved to 4,399 last night with 248 new cases announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Lagos recorded 81 cases, followed by Jigawa State 35 and Borno 26 cases to top the chart. Kano recorded 26 cases, followed by Bauchi with 20 cases.

There is pressure on the Federal Government by different medical and scientific organizations to allow the National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD) and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) to subject the drug to further analysis.

Some others are pushing for clinical trial of Covid Organics before being used in the country.

The Federal Government was yet to take a position as of weekend because the AU has mandated its Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) to review the scientific data gathered so far on the safety and efficacy of the COVID Organics.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) last week insisted that the efficacy of the drug was unproven.

Also, as part of steps to contain COVID-19, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has started negotiating with the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) on how to source volunteer doctors and health workers.

The health workers will help to assist ravaged states in the North-West and North-East especially, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Bauchi, Yobe and Borno states.

The Chairman of NGF, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, is coordinating the talks with the two professional associations with juicy welfare package.

According to a source, who spoke in confidence, the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has been notified of the offer from Madagascar and arrangements were being made to bring Nigeria’s allocation to Abuja.

The source said: “The consignments of the drug are being distributed to different countries in Africa based on zonal grouping. We have been told that Nigeria’s consignment is in Equatorial Guinea from where it will be airlifted to Abuja.

“When the herbal drink is brought into the country, we will know the next step. But some medical and scientific organisations are pressuring that the drug be subjected to clinical trial.

“Some countries like Tanzania, Congo-Brazzaville, Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea have subscribed to the drugs. Also, while South Africa has offered to conduct a scientific analysis of the drug, Senegal said it will subject it to clinical trial.

“I can assure you that the Federal Government will take the best decision on the drug in the overall interest of Nigerians.

“Before any food or drug can be administered in this country, there are certain protocols that must be followed. The government will not circumvent these protocols. We want solution; we want the best for Nigerians.”

On April 28, the Chairman of the PTF on COVID-19, Mr. Boss Mustapha said the nation was ready to give Madagascar’s herbal drink a trial.He said: “I want to assure you that whatever is happening in the world, we are mindful of it and we are keeping a tab.

“I was reading of the experiences in Madagascar– of why everybody is drinking some solutions that have been prepared. This morning I was sharing with my wife, and I told her that probably I would request that Mr. President allow us import a plane load for a trial.

“We are all navigating an unchartered cause. Nobody has ever been on this road. So, every attempt to find solution that would bring succour to our people, be rest assured that this task force is very responsible and we would do everything to ensure that we get what will benefit our people, what will help them in the processes that we find ourselves today.”

On the talks with the NMA and NANNM, Dr. Fayemi said: “We have started negotiations on how to secure the services of volunteer health workers to help contain COVID-19 challenges in the North-West and in the North-East.

“The reality is that many states in these zones have problem of manpower, we need more volunteer health workers to assist them. We know we can draw these volunteers from the private healthcare sector without hurting the Public Health Sector.

“We are ready to offer the volunteers good welfare package, including robust incentives and adequate security. Our ultimate goal is to avert trouble in the affected states; this is why we are pooling resources together.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/madagascars-covid-19-cure-drugs-sent-to-nigeria/

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by bid4rich(m): 1:54am On May 11, 2020
Airlifted to Abuja ke! Is it that Lagos airport is faulty?

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by June15(m): 2:01am On May 11, 2020
OP.. are you sure?? Nigeria wae be say them giant of Africa, u wan other countries to belittle Nigeria??

Perhaps I will be glad if the news is true

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Nobody: 2:02am On May 11, 2020
About time... I see Africa on the verge of something great!

Madagascar is definitely doing something right. 193 Cases and 0 death! Mo fọ! shocked

Instead of blaming invisible 5G, Bill Gates and the antichrist like Nigerians on social media, they developed a local solution to a global problem.... Africans wise up!

301 Likes 11 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Nobody: 2:04am On May 11, 2020
June15:
OP.. are you sure?? Nigeria wae be say them giant of Africa, u wan other countries to belittle Nigeria??

Perhaps I will be glad if the news is true

The "giant of africa" stuff has fooled us too much that we don't realise other countries have left Nigeria far behind.

Abeg, let them send it here so I can down it with hot eba and egusi soup. cheesy

246 Likes 14 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Burgcudi(m): 2:06am On May 11, 2020
Booked for now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:18am On May 11, 2020
That country has zero deaths from the virus

Time for Africa to look within for once

I just hope the news is true

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by longetivity(m): 5:38am On May 11, 2020
hope they are not selling it to the covid 19 patients

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by jidamsel43(m): 5:46am On May 11, 2020
This will mark the end to convid-19 in Nigeria. I don't why I believe the efficacy and effectiveness of this drug but we have nothing to lose if otherwise

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Dottore: 6:33am On May 11, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ChiefAfonja: 6:34am On May 11, 2020
Nice
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Nobody: 6:34am On May 11, 2020
That's good one!
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Nobody: 6:35am On May 11, 2020
That's good news

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by classicfrank4u(m): 6:35am On May 11, 2020
Nice one... At least make we start with this one b4 any vaccine shows up grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by PUSSYHOE(m): 6:35am On May 11, 2020
madagascar the new GIANT OF AFRICA

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by candidbabe(f): 6:35am On May 11, 2020
Thank God

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by GOFRONT(m): 6:35am On May 11, 2020
I hope Ethiopian force never think to Gun down our Plane.....what happened in Somalia is still fresh in my mind...

26 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by TheKingIsHere: 6:35am On May 11, 2020
Bill Gates and WHO will not be happy with this news.

Just watch how they will start predicting death for Africans up and down

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by fasho01(m): 6:35am On May 11, 2020
Hope we get past this pandemic sooner than later

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by thundafire: 6:36am On May 11, 2020
Ok na but we still need a vaccine for future purpose dis is temporary.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by onadana: 6:36am On May 11, 2020
longetivity:
hope they are not selling it to the covid 19 patients

Bro wait and see...fake ones will soon flood the market.

11 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by obembet(f): 6:36am On May 11, 2020
Oyedeyo once said what's essence of Doctors we have that can not invent anything. On good on paper works.

Well let blame bad leaders we get in Nigeria. We have innoson motor, our senator still go for Toyota.. President go for Benz. So if the bring out any idea. They will still go abroad to buy things in other to embezzle money.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ckmayoca: 6:37am On May 11, 2020
Hope it works
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by tonididdy(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2020
Lagos boys will get high on this shit. We know them

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by frankmoney(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2020
Nice one
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by thundafire: 6:37am On May 11, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
That country has zero deaths from the coronavirus

Time for Africa to look within for once

I just hope the news is true
it's because the where able to trace all contacts from the 1st case and started treatment immediately.

11 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by topgear(m): 6:37am On May 11, 2020
bid4rich:
Airlifted to Abuja ke! Is it that Lagos airport is faulty?
Is Lagos the seat of power?

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Bevista: 6:38am On May 11, 2020
jidamsel43:
This will mark the end to convid-19 in Nigeria. I don't why I believe the efficacy and effectiveness of this drug but we have nothing to lose if otherwise
The herbal solution is from Artemisia plant. That plant has been known to treat malaria much better than western chemo-drugs. Unfortunately, the WHO has refused to recognize the plant, probably because it stands in the way of big pharma businesses.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by jericco1(m): 6:38am On May 11, 2020
Finally the chips are down.. I already knew Abuja will hijack the shipment, the same happend to Jack Ma's shipments. Well on a lighter note I hope it is worth it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by adecz: 6:38am On May 11, 2020
angry

Buhari had succeeded in assembling
the dumbest & most hypocritical
cabinet in the history of this country.

They are ready to be hoodwinked or
bamboozled into anything due to their
collective low IQs..

From handling COVID-19 palliatives to
the response to the initial threat, when
they refused to shut airports .

They just jump at any rumored treatment
as if we don't have medical professionals
to consult before making medical decisions.

Bauchi governor has "ordered" that all
COVID-19 must be treated with Chloroquine
just because Trump initially recommended it.

They may soon recommend bleach.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years / 6 People With Extra Body Parts / 15lb Hairball Removed From Stomach Of Indian Girl Who Chews Her Hair (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.