Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing (56671 Views)

How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Efe42(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2020
passion007:
You know Nigerians love to jump on the bandwagon but before you all get carried away, this herbal drink is not proven to be a cure.

Madagascar has used it on less than 200 people (a near inconsequential figure for anyone familiar with clinical trials) but have exported it to us to do a human trial on us grin. There is limited safety information at the moment, no information about trials in animals. Our only conviction is because Madagascar has zero deaths therefore covid organics works, an 'evidence' reeling in circumstantiality. Be aware Madagascar had a successful lockdown, injected billions into their economy, but have convinced you it's only the herbal drink that made all the difference.

Madagascar is trialling their drugs on Nigerians. And we are paying to be part of that trial, whereas western medicine on the other hand will pay us to be part of their trials...hmmm. With Madagascar's big tourism industry down in the dumps due to current restrictions on foreign travel, the little nation has become an exporter of pharmaceuticals. Someone is all shades of clever. wink
If it doesn't work, I hope, at least, its not poisonous.
But well played, Madagascar. Well played!

Idiot look at you.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by themaestro08(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2020
adecz:
angry

Buhari had succeeded in assembling
the dumbest & most hypocritical
cabinet in the history of this country.

They are ready to be hoodwinked or
bamboozled into anything due to their
collective low IQs..

From handling COVID-19 palliatives to
the response to the initial threat, when
they refused to shut airports .

They just jump at any rumored treatment
as if we don't have medical professionals
to consult before making medical decisions.

Bauchi governor has "ordered" that all
COVID-19 must be treated with Chloroquine
just because Trump initially recommended it.

They may soon recommend bleach.

On point!. Its not only Nigeria, most African leader's are dumb and inept. Imaging such gullibility!

The WHO has warned repeatedly that it will take 18 months at least for a reliable vaccine to be available and yet these dummies think they can Short-cut their way to a cure.

Africa, particularly Nigeria is a deep mess bro.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Sososo(f): 10:54am On May 11, 2020
Madagascar should be the new giant of africa
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Efe42(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2020
passion007:
You know Nigerians love to jump on the bandwagon but before you all get carried away, this herbal drink is not proven to be a cure.

Madagascar has used it on less than 200 people (a near inconsequential figure for anyone familiar with clinical trials) but have exported it to us to do a human trial on us grin. There is limited safety information at the moment, no information about trials in animals. Our only conviction is because Madagascar has zero deaths therefore covid organics works, an 'evidence' reeling in circumstantiality. Be aware Madagascar had a successful lockdown, injected billions into their economy, but have convinced you it's only the herbal drink that made all the difference.

Madagascar is trialling their drugs on Nigerians. And we are paying to be part of that trial, whereas western medicine on the other hand will pay us to be part of their trials...hmmm. With Madagascar's big tourism industry down in the dumps due to current restrictions on foreign travel, the little nation has become an exporter of pharmaceuticals. Someone is all shades of clever. wink

Idiot look at you. angry
passion007:

Idiot look at you.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by TheKingIsHere: 10:55am On May 11, 2020
Premiumwriter:
boss no waste your time arguing with that tony5.

Nigerians are something else. They will do anything to get in your purse and then laugh at you thinking themselves 'smart'.

I support you 100%. If he's hungry he should go meet his family, friends, church members or neighbours or at least people who can see him physically.

It was during that lockdown I discovered the hypocrisies of online begging. Suddenly every single post on NL is littered with "I'm dying of hunger" 'my family is perishing' etc due to lockdown.

Every single thread will have them on front page. That should only tell anyone that the begger just sits in front of phone waiting for the newest thread to copy and paste.

I'm just too tired of Nigerians and their deceptions.

thank you bro.

It is obvious that the guy is a scammer and mybe he thought he could intimidate me to succumb to his dubious way.

On the bolded, you are very right.

Thats what they do so that they can catch as may victims as possible.

Some will even say they dont mind receiving 1k, just to make u think that they are suffering. But in reality, he/she is targeting at least 10 people to pay him/her that 1k, making 10k or more in a swoop.

Until seun gets rid of them and ban them totally, they will never go away, just like the almajiri system in the north that is now a huge problem to them

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by bid4rich(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2020
Proffdada:
elites before commoners grin

Abi Ooooo..... Some are people while others are persons grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Priwillo: 11:02am On May 11, 2020
USA will codedly import theirs and even the seeds of the medicinal plants
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by showafrica(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2020
PUSSYHOE:
madagascar the new GIANT OF AFRICA

Madagascar don hammer... WHO no wan make the billions of dollars go there, thats why they are approving anything approvable in the western world while putting CVO on hold. If Trump try CVO and it worked perfectly, he wont care, he will just buy Madagascar and call it US extension.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Obatarhe1(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2020
June15:
OP.. are you sure?? Nigeria wae be say them giant of Africa, u wan other countries to belittle Nigeria??

Perhaps I will be glad if the news is true
Everyone needs help. Even the US needs help
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Horus(m): 11:22am On May 11, 2020
If tested in Africa by Africans, they will say: "This herbal drink is not proven to be a cure" shocked
If tested in Europe by white people, they will say: "This herbal drink is the most effective cure in the world" grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by passion007: 11:25am On May 11, 2020
Efe42:

Idiot look at you. angry

Idiot look at you.
I'm constantly looking at myself. What's your point Mr?
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Larryhamzy01: 11:31am On May 11, 2020
Ooopeee oooo, we Don wise at last grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by lukui: 11:32am On May 11, 2020
Chai, so we can't produce the cure by ourselves in Nigeria?

That apart, I just hope they don't turn this too in stealing and looting means.

Nigerian politicians kai!!!
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2020
Bleep WHO. Madagascar agbo does it better

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by 77up(m): 1:07pm On May 11, 2020
onadana:

Bro wait and see...fake ones will soon flood the market.
Exactly my fear sad
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ajl: 2:40pm On May 11, 2020
Finally! Someone's head is working in Abuja seat of power. I have longed for this and never thought Nigeria officials will have enough balls to go against WHO advice since some of very top health officials may be under the payroll of Bill Gate. Let us hope they won't use bureaucracy to kill the purpose of the gift from Madagascar.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ajl: 2:48pm On May 11, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

thank you bro.

It is obvious that the guy is a scammer and mybe he thought he could intimidate me to succumb to his dubious way.

On the bolded, you are very right.

Thats what they do so that they can catch as may victims as possible.

Some will even say they dont mind receiving 1k, just to make u think that they are suffering. But in reality, he/she is targeting at least 10 people to pay him/her that 1k, making 10k or more in a swoop.

Until seun gets rid of them and ban them totally, they will never go away, just like the almajiri system in the north that is now a huge problem to them

I remember I send some fund to someone with such post on Nairaland. The guy seem believable because he put his real name which is his account name in the post. Others who posted similar request did not put their account name. Of course, the only way I could send fund to someone is if I have the account name as I reside outside Nigeria. Its just a small amount and whichever way no need to feel bad.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Tywodammy90(f): 2:56pm On May 11, 2020
Surgical Face Masks (Wholesale & Retail) Medical Supplies and Medical consumables also available for sale.
Delivery within Lagos ONLY for now.
Kindly send a DM or WhatsApp on 08170081476 for enquiries and to place your orders.

Stay safe
Stay Protected
Stay Healthy
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by lifeagain22: 2:56pm On May 11, 2020
Observer1:
Nigerian government must be crazy for doing that ,if it's true.

Dogonyaro leafs and honey cooked and filtered into bottles that's what Madagascar has in there.

You are quite wrong ,Dogonyaro is Been tree Leaf .Madagascar used Artemisia leaf ,Those are two different leaves .
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ajl: 3:08pm On May 11, 2020
passion007:

I hope you are not a Bill Gate stooge. Where did you get information that Nigeria and other African countries are paying for using Madagascar herbal remedy? And what in the world will it cost you to try extracts of a herb that is widely known to be effective against Malaria. So, are you telling me you have never tasted "Agbo" (i.e. herbal extract) before? That plant is even available online and I ordered 100g of the leaves some days ago from my base in the US. And guess where the seller is based? Bulgaria! Other buyers that left review on the sellers page all seem to reside outside Africa; and here is someone who possibly have the plant in his backyard somewhere in Nigeria criticizing this great move to subject the herbal remedy to a clinical trial. And who say 200 is not a significant number to show that the drink has been effective against Covid-19 death in Madagascar? The individual that led the development of the herbal remedy is a doctor that used to work with WHO in Congo. He ran to Madagascar when malaria drug sellers attempted to take his life because he revealed herbal cure for malaria to local inhabitants who then stopped buying malaria drugs. The president of Congo has brought him back to Congo to help fight Covid-19 and he only returned after he got assurance that he will be protected from harm.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by ajl: 3:15pm On May 11, 2020
Observer1:
Nigerian government must be crazy for doing that ,if it's true.

Dogonyaro leafs and honey cooked and filtered into bottles that's what Madagascar has in there.

You don't know what you are talking about. Go learn the biological name of Dogonyaro and the name of the plant that Madagascar used to make their extract. See image attached as it has the full biological name of the plant (Artemisia annua). I ordered the plant online some days ago.

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by SirWarlock: 3:24pm On May 11, 2020
WaffenSS:
And the negro bamboozling continues unabated.....

What a time to be alive to witness a pandemic and ignorant Africans turning to bottled moonshine.

Nigerians/Africans always playing 'Us against them' yet most of the systems we're employing for this pandemic are from them cheesy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by passion007: 3:45pm On May 11, 2020
ajl:

I hope you are not a Bill Gate stooge. Where did you get information that Nigeria and other African countries are paying for using Madagascar herbal remedy? And what in the world will it cost you to try extracts of a herb that is widely known to be effective against Malaria. So, are you telling me you have never tasted "Agbo" (i.e. herbal extract) before? That plant is even available online and I ordered 100g of the leaves some days ago from my base in the US. And guess where the seller is based? Bulgaria! Other buyers that left review on the sellers page all seem to reside outside Africa; and here is someone who possibly have the plant in his backyard somewhere in Nigeria criticizing this great move to subject the herbal remedy to a clinical trial. And who say 200 is not a significant number to show that the drink has been effective against Covid-19 death in Madagascar? The individual that led the development of the herbal remedy is a doctor that used to work with WHO in Congo. He ran to Madagascar when malaria drug sellers attempted to take his life because he revealed herbal cure for malaria to local inhabitants who then stopped buying malaria drugs. The president of Congo has brought him back to Congo to help fight Covid-19 and he only returned after he got assurance that he will be protected from harm.

First, I have never tasted agbo, and have no intention of ever tasting something of unclear health benefit. I have however seen people who have in hepatology and renal departments coming in with a range of issues : acute liver failure, kidney failure, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastroenteritis etc Just conceding that you order agbo online to take gives me an idea of how seriously you take your own health, so I'm not surprised you would gulp down Madagascar's herbs without the faintest concern about the product's safety.

And please, living in America is no credential and for someone who lives in America, its sad you're yet to appreciate that there can be no premium on human life. Our people in Nigeria can be excused because they haven't seen any better health systems, but you're in a position to know better, and it's sad that you don't. Safety first, because once life is gone, its gone!

Please put aside that argument that 200 people taking a medication without fatalities is enough to push it out to a population of 1 billion people. It simply shows you have no idea what clinical trials involve.
I've made my point, I don't usually care for responses. I just make my point and move on.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by tony5(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, at the end of the day i am far better of that you that have been cursed with almajiri begging all your life.

Creating multiple accounts to scam people of their money.

Once a beggar, always a beggar.

Dumb fvck criminal
Now I Know We No Get Hope For Nigeria, All You Fill Your Head With Is Tribalism, Secondly Check My Profile, I'll Never Scam People Because I Know How Hard Is To Earn In Nigeria, But Poverty Mentality Is What Is Worrying You, You Especially. For Your Info, Since This Lock Down Started, I Just Thought I Can't Start Beging,check My Signature. All The Way, I Have Been Better Off On My Own. I Pray God Heal Your Brain And Learn To Mind Your Business When You Don't Have Better Things To Say, That Way, People Will Know You Still Have Your Few Sanity Intact.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Babinski: 4:03pm On May 11, 2020
Iamundisputed:
About time... I see Africa on the verge of something great!

Madagascar is definitely doing something right. 193 Cases and 0 death! Mo fọ! shocked

Instead of blaming invisible 5G, Bill Gates and the antichrist like Nigerians on social media, they developed a local solution to a global problem.... Africans wise up!

I'm not critical of your response because it is encouraging for Africans to look inwards for solutions to their problem. But we should not premise conclusions on faulty conjectures masquarding as facts is my take on the Madagascar issue.

Madagascar has carried out less than 4,000 tests amounting to 143 tested people per 1 million in the country and has 193 confirmed cases with zero death with 1 critical case.

Rwanda on the other hand has tested 42,425 people amounting to 3,276 tested people per 1 million population and has 284 confirmed cases with zero death and zero critical case.

Vietnam has 288 confirms cases and zero death despite testing 261,004 people amounting to over 2,700 tests per 1 million people.

In fact Reunion Islands have the highest testing rate of over 19,000 tested people per million and 436 confirmed cases with zero death.

With all the above statistics, there is nothing special about Madagascar to warrant any claims ascribed to their so called organic drug! Their testing rate is horribly low as to border on the irresponsible and they seem to be more concerned with making money from the pandemic than stamping it out of their country.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by tony5(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2020
Premiumwriter:
boss no waste your time arguing with that tony5.

Nigerians are something else. They will do anything to get in your purse and then laugh at you thinking themselves 'smart'.

I support you 100%. If he's hungry he should go meet his family, friends, church members or neighbours or at least people who can see him physically.

It was during that lockdown I discovered the hypocrisies of online begging. Suddenly every single post on NL is littered with "I'm dying of hunger" 'my family is perishing' etc due to lockdown.

Every single thread will have them on front page. That should only tell anyone that the begger just sits in front of phone waiting for the newest thread to copy and paste.

I'm just too tired of Nigerians and their deceptions.
Leave This Things To The Mod Or If You Have Been A Victim Then Share Your Experience To Sensitize People, They Will Be Here Forming James Bond.Hypocrites
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 11, 2020
Babinski:

I'm not critical of your response because it is encouraging for Africans to look inwards for solutions to their problem. But we should not premise conclusions on faulty conjectures masquarding as facts is my take on the Madagascar issue.

Madagascar has carried out less than 4,000 tests amounting to 143 tested people per 1 million in the country and has 193 confirmed cases with zero death with 1 critical case.

Rwanda on the other hand has tested 42,425 people amounting to 3,276 tested people per 1 million population and has 284 confirmed cases with zero death and zero critical case.

Vietnam has 288 confirms cases and zero death despite testing 261,004 people amounting to over 2,700 tests per 1 million people.

In fact Reunion Islands have the highest testing rate of over 19,000 tested people per million and 436 confirmed cases with zero death.

With all the above statistics, there is nothing special about Madagascar to warrant any claims ascribed to their so called organic drug! Their testing rate is horribly low as to border on the irresponsible and they seem to be more concerned with making money from the pandemic than stamping it out of their country.

I appreciate the information and I always welcome constructive criticisms...

The only difference between these countries, even though they have zero deaths in common, is the fact that they have different ways of controlling the pandemic.

For Madagascar, they give the credits to Covid Organics and I think at this point, we need to start testing every possible option instead of just analysing. It's safe to say that if we test the Malagasy "cure" and Rwanda's approach as well as other countries' mentioned above, with our own current treatment methodology, we'd be better off...

So it's a good thing that we're accepting solutions from other countries.... As long as it works and we can incorporate it into our healthcare system against Covid-19, we're good.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by TheKingIsHere: 4:34pm On May 11, 2020
tony5:
Now I Know We No Get Hope For Nigeria, All You Fill Your Head With Is Tribalism, Secondly Check My Profile, I'll Never Scam People Because I Know How Hard Is To Earn In Nigeria, But Poverty Mentality Is What Is Worrying You, You Especially. For Your Info, Since This Lock Down Started, I Just Thought I Can't Start Beging,check My Signature. All The Way, I Have Been Better Off On My Own. I Pray God Heal Your Brain And Learn To Mind Your Business When You Don't Have Better Things To Say, That Way, People Will Know You Still Have Your Few Sanity Intact.

Lol, I should check your signature yet you create alternate monikers to beg.

And before you tell me to learn to mind my buisness, you should take that advise by minding yours first
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by TheKingIsHere: 4:34pm On May 11, 2020
tony5:
The Problem Is I'm Living In The Future Nigeria While You As An Old Generation Lives In Backwardness And Darkness. I Hope We Will Unite One Day Without All This Tribal Abuse In Nigeria But I See That Won't Happen With Your Generations Still On Earth. I Hope You Are All Wiped Out Soon And Let's Have Our Rightful Positions As Young Generations.

Living in the future?

Future of begging. LMAO

Dumb fvck are too much here on NL
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by tony5(m): 5:06pm On May 11, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, I should check your signature yet you create alternate monikers to beg.

And before you tell me to learn to mind my buisness, you should take that advise by minding yours first
Lols, I Know You Do That Alot Anyway Creating Alternate Monikers Is Your Hobby, If You Had Mind Your Business, I Would Not Have Mentioned You. Before You Claim Smart, Remember All Fingers Are Not Equal. For Some People To Be Begging On NL Is Not Something They Wish, Stop Generalising Based On Your Experience. If You Keep Thinking This Way Then Just Know You Are Not Far From Stagnancy. Best Thing, Look Away
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing by BENEFICIAL12(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2020
PLS HOW MUCH IS IT? I NEED ONE-BO BEFORE ABA GO ENTER THEIR FACTORY COME OUT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 / Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years / 6 People With Extra Body Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.