Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks (111047 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by maimalari: 4:07am On May 11, 2020
I didn’t violate any law – Hotel owner

The owner of Prudent Hotel demolished by the Rivers State Government, Promise Gogorodari, has denied violating any law to warrant the demolition of his structure.

Gogorodari told our correspondent in a telephone interview that he built the hotel to take people off the streets.

He said the state government should have carried out proper investigation before demolishing his hotel.

He explained that apart from employment to other persons, the hotel, he had been able to help his family and other relatives.
The Lagos-based hotelier said that the demolition of two hotels would be a setback to the state in terms of investment, adding that the development was not good for investors in the state.

“I am based in Lagos, but I am not in a right frame of mind to speak now. There is nobody who will not feel bad about this. It is a hotel that I built for the past seven years. The demolition of hotels is a setback to the state in terms of investment.

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-violate-any-law-hotel-owner/

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by clevvermind(m): 4:13am On May 11, 2020
Honestly, Wike messed up.

860 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by kayusely70(m): 4:30am On May 11, 2020
so sad

26 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Babzrockman: 4:40am On May 11, 2020
There are better ways to punish lock down violators not this Madness Wike just did.

This is so sad.

523 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by maimalari: 4:50am On May 11, 2020
Am sure this man will sue the Govt.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Globad(f): 5:19am On May 11, 2020
Wike is the accuser, prosecutor and the judge.

Bring down a building just like that? What if the allegation is false?

447 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by longetivity(m): 5:21am On May 11, 2020
wike your days are numbered!!!

274 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by LibertyRep: 5:22am On May 11, 2020
I do not know how anyone will justify demolision of buildings because of mere violation of lockdown order. It's high handedness and perhaps a move to settle political scores.

Seal off the building, arrest and prosecute the offenders like Lagos is doing. Isn't that sane enough?
How can a man arrogate the power of the prosecutor, the judge and the executioner to himself?

487 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by desiredhome: 5:32am On May 11, 2020
My question is will he try this rubbish in any of the Kalabari or ikwerre of even Obio-Akpo his own LGA?
What level of wickedness is this?

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by seunlayi(m): 5:35am On May 11, 2020

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Romans 13:1-2

... Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

And to the leaders

Daniel 2:21 “He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.”

God is the One Who plucks up and puts down leaders. He is the One Who removes and sets up kings and kingdoms, including those who have authority over us. Their day of justice will come so we must trust God to execute His righteousness in time and not take it into our own hands.

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Fibonacci88: 6:23am On May 11, 2020
I regret ever supporting this guy on nairaland. Now I know how those who supported Buhari feel right now not those who sold thier conscience for 30k stipend.

218 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 6:40am On May 11, 2020
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Georgry(m): 6:51am On May 11, 2020
What the tyrant governor just did will discourage investment in his state.
Now the man may never build anything in Rivers state again, he will decide to invest everything he has in Lagos, so las las who loose?

And the Ipob people will be supporting him on Twitter. The reason Lagos is developing at a very fast pace is the ease of investment, a sane government should at worst take over the management of the hotel till certain obligations are met, at this rate of destruction and auctions of properties if this covid-19 linger for 1 year or more, there will be no more hotels or cars remaining in Rivers state before the vaccine is discovered

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by maimalari: 7:03am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to your selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

You are suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..
What if the hotel never opened for business as alleged?

228 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by sammyj: 7:08am On May 11, 2020
cool
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:09am On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

What if the hotel never opened for business as alleged?

Wike would never have seen reason to destroy his hotel...

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by sammyj: 7:11am On May 11, 2020
The Wicked emperor Wike need to check his head and mental status if this continues. The owner of the hotel should take him to court !!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by cdyfoundation(m): 7:13am On May 11, 2020
Power intoxicates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPF-UA8mmuc
Learn how to create text/Video animation on your phone.

You don’t need any prior knowledge in graphics design. All you need is your mobile phone.

It's incredibly easy. Start today and become an expert in hours.

Ps: It is FREE of charges for the early birds.
Call/Whatsapp
Zero 8 zero 604-497-97

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by helinues: 7:13am On May 11, 2020
Demolishing of those hotels is personal not because of violating any lockdown order.

The demolition of hotels is a setback to the state in terms of investment

Who will invest in such a state when the governor can wake up one morning and demolish people's property without getting court order

Na here we go dey when the Carnival don Ka for Wike's eyes

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Nobody: 7:17am On May 11, 2020
Tough measures taking against lawlessness

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:20am On May 11, 2020
helinues:
Demolishing of those hotels is personal not because of violatint lockdown order.

Who will invest in such a state when the governor can wake up one morning and demolish people's property without getting court order

Na here we go dey when the Carnival don Ka for Wike's eyes

Personal?... let's hear word abeg, you are here screaming about Kano and Lagos escalating figures, but condoning a medium which same virus could be spread.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by adadike(f): 7:23am On May 11, 2020
Forget how he used to kiss his wife on camera, that woman is not happy at all. Wike is a very wicked and evil man. I sympathise with you, hotelier , may God be your strength

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by helinues: 7:23am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Personal?... please mention the name of the owner.

If Wike can be demolishing hotels just because they violate lockdown order, he will soon introduce shoot at sight to any Rivers indigene caught outside after the lock down is back.

Na that time una eyes go clear

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:25am On May 11, 2020
adadike:
Forget how he used to kiss his wife on camera, that woman is not happy at all. Wike is a very wicked and evil man. I sympathise with you, hotelier , may God be your strength

He put his laws in action for the good of you and I, hotels are the fastest means of spread for the virus.

Why then are the big hotels shut, while this small one is trying to be greedy and smart.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:27am On May 11, 2020
helinues:

If Wike can be demolishing hotels just because they violate lockdown order, he will soon introduced shoot at sight to any Rivers indigene caught outside after the lock down is back.

Na that time una eyes go clear

And when the virus gets to alarming levels, it's still you and myself that would be shouting "cluelessness" and lack of "control"...

Obey the law and you would be fine..

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by roundman: 7:28am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..
If you were the owner of the hotel, would you be saying this? sealing up the hotel would have been better and impose a fine on them.Wike nor try.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by helinues: 7:31am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

And when the virus gets to alarming levels, it's still you and myself that would be shouting "cluelessness" and lack of "control"...

Obey the law and you would fine..

Wait, how many cases do they currently have in Rivers State?

Is head beheading the solution to an headache?

How much did his government spent wasted in demolishing those 2 hotels compared to if it was temporary sealed?

Some NL's will do so badly as ordinary class rep .

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by adadike(f): 7:31am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

He put his laws in action for the good of you and I, hotels are the fastest means of spread for the virus.

Why then are the big hotels shut, while this small one is trying to be greedy and smart.
things are hard. Demolition is not the solution

21 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:37am On May 11, 2020
adadike:
things are hard. Demolition is not the solution

Thieves make the same statement, should we open up the prisons?...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by ruggedtimi(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2020
A small guest house, but the interior is top notch compared to other guest houses in that area. So I smell jealousy and someone might have snitched on them. That hotel is hidden and coded.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 7:37am On May 11, 2020
helinues:

Wait, how many cases do they currently have in Rivers State?

Is head beheading the solution to an headache?

How much did his government spent in demolishing those 2 hotels compared to if was temporary sealed?

Some NL's will do so badly as ordinary class rep .

So corona no longer starts from one individual..

What was the law?... the law was clearly spelt out.. the only request was "obey the law".

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Generals VS Niger Army Generals. / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.