Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:46 PM

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks (110961 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Fulcrum15: 11:24am On May 11, 2020
To make matters worse wike is a lawyer who should have known better. Its condemnable what wike did.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Cantonese: 11:25am On May 11, 2020
Georgry:
What the tyrant governor just did will discourage investment in his state.
Now the man may never build anything in Rivers state again, he will decide to invest everything he has in Lagos, so las las who loose?

And the Ipob people will be supporting him on Twitter. The reason Lagos is developing at a very fast pace is the ease of investment, a sane government should at worst take over the management of the hotel till certain obligations are met, at this rate of destruction and auctions of properties if this covid-19 linger for 1 year or more, there will be no more hotels or cars remaining in Rivers state before the vaccine is discovered

Absolutely you are wrong.
Why don't you take time to ask why the man is on the run? Knowing the levels of robbery, kidnapping, bunkering and other forms of crime in Rivers state, why has the man not made himself available?
Why are there no riots, upheavals, etc in Rivers state as we speak?
Why are the people in the affected areas and other unaffected areas complying with the lockdown?
Have you not noticed that those deslt with are just an insignificant population of the people?
No ease of investment in Rivers state and you have multinationals operating there with a lot begging to operate there?
Lagosians are quite unruly, you must agree. The reason has to do with many political interests and godfatherism. How many complied with the Lagos lockdown? Do you know that a new lockdown is imminent in Lagos? Do you know that covid19 is rapidly spreading in Lagos? We have been told that by July Lagos should expect over 120,000 cases.
With a weak governor whose political will is in the hands of godfathers how can Lagos do it?
To you Wike may have made an immoral move, but ask yourself if it was morally right for those ones to disobey the orders.
Remember the saying "if a bird learns to fly without perching, a hunter must learn to shoot without aiming". Lagos too will get there soon.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by dokie: 11:29am On May 11, 2020
Tareq1105:

Tell us the section of the constitution that the governor derived the power to demolish the hotel afterall, we're govern by the constitution.

Well not exactly? Everyone who is old enough in nigria knows that we are more or less running a modern day monarchy. The president and governors can do and undo. So when they give directives that are "obeyable", please obey, if not, you are on your own. Notwithstanding, Wike says there is an executive order in place to back up his actions.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by iamjavadem(m): 11:30am On May 11, 2020
Where in the article did you see all these fake news? Even all these is not enough justification to demolish.
seunlayi:
Next time he should try to comply with authorities after specific warning to hoteliers in the state not for you to be relying on being a pdp youth leader to defend your ills with violence against govt officials noting that the intent of this is for the good of all, the price of not complying fully is what lagos is paying for with the increasing rate of infections. I was hoping Wike will use this as a sign/warning to others and later release the property to the owner after sanctions but this came up. Well, I pray You will recover from it - AMEN

-Hosting paties during lockdown
-Belongs to a pdp youth leader
-Shot at the task force which led to fracas
-Prostitutes were in the hotel
-As a youth leader, he was expected to led by example.
-I believe he is not a stranger to the governor
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by somehow: 11:32am On May 11, 2020
Execute order to demolish the building of any erring citizen? can you show us a copy of such order?
dokie:

In this case their wont be karma for Wike. Wike says there is an Executive order in place backing up his actions. The only Karma he's going to get is karma for disobeying his oath of office as a governor.

On this case, the hotelier goofed. Simple instruction: Don't operate for the period, if you do, we bring down your hotel. The man goes ahead to open and the governor decides to fulfill his promise and you want his head for it.

Everybody who disobeys laws should be willing to face the consequence of his/her actions. I am not saying this because i Obey all the laws. But i know that if i disobey and i am caught, i wont start whining. My Christian faith wouldn't even allow me whine since i cant even take my case to God in the first instance.

When we were in the university, there was a lecturer (Reverend) who begins to wail once he catches t a student cheating in an exam hall. His reason for wailing being that the parents of the student have wasted their money thus far since he must ensure that student gets rusticated even if the student is a final year student. And he does it regardless of the pressure he faces from other lecturers. For this reason, he was considered to be a very wicked man.But the truth is that the man was simply carrying out or implementing the laws governing the university.

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by mvem(m): 11:34am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Wike would never have seen reason to destroy his hotel...
so why not confiscate it because you guyz says the law but I don't know of any law giving the government power to destroy property because the said person broke lockdown rules... which law is that ?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by NotComplaining: 11:36am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..

And the best way to respond is to destroy the property, property that in of itself did nothing wrong, was not crumbling or structurely weak? Think of yourself before answering. I feel your type has never owened so much as a roof, but I could be wrong.

No one is perfect, every commoner is feeling the financial pinch of the lockdown. You cant be talking so reckless until you have been put through similar pain.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Oksman(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

What if the hotel never opened for business as alleged?

There were prostitutes in the hotel and also the owner allowed partying. Let be honest to ourselves both of them messed up. If I have to put it to scale the hotel owner scored woefully.

Two wrong does not make a right.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Igahbarr: 11:37am On May 11, 2020
Even if he did, violate any law, the governor has no right to demolish the property without an order of court. The governor cannot be a judge in his our case.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Bimpe29: 11:38am On May 11, 2020
Suffice to conclude that we are our own problem.

When will it be the appropriate time to be our brothers keepers?

Governments here are the populace tormentors.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by urchcoded(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Reason before you respond, the virus can stay active on items for so many hours (24hrs - 48hrs) as well as cold temperatures..

How many user do hotels get in a day or two day for its rooms, utensils, mattress, beds, couches, ac switch, remotes, wardrobes etc...
the chances of Corona virus spreading from infected items is far far lower than the chances of catching it directly from droplets of an infected person. Common sense and medical proof should tell us that. That's the reason we are strongly advised to avoid crowded places and wear nose masks. You can't tell me that a hotel of all places is the fastest way to spread Corona virus. Na leprosy?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 11:54am On May 11, 2020
urchcoded:
the chances of Corona virus spreading from infected items is far far lower than the chances of catching it directly from droplets of an infected person. Common sense and medical proof should tell us that. That's the reason we are strongly advised to avoid crowded places and wear nose masks. You can't tell me that a hotel of all places is the fastest way to spread Corona virus. Na leprosy?

A hotel embodies all you and I have said including lack of social distancing..

Moreover chances being far far lower and chances being far higher seems equal to me as long as both categories get infected and has same tendency to infect others.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Beetobee(f): 11:54am On May 11, 2020
Wike is just a simple definition of the word 'asshole'. There are many other punishments that could have been employed such as locking up the hotels and holding on to the padlocks. He could even convert to a temporary isolation center. But of course he thinks with his ass...
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Willy123(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-violate-any-law-hotel-owner/
Oga you didn't tell us anything. Did you operate your hotel during lockdown or you did not?! Na Wetin we want to hear for us to judge
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Alanpoza007: 11:56am On May 11, 2020
seunlayi:
Next time he should try to comply with authorities after specific warning to hoteliers in the state not for you to be relying on being a pdp youth leader to defend your ills with violence against govt officials noting that the intent of this is for the good of all, the price of not complying fully is what lagos is paying for with the increasing rate of infections. I was hoping Wike will use this as a sign/warning to others and later release the property to the owner after sanctions but this came up. Well, I pray You will recover from it - AMEN

-Hosting paties during lockdown
-Belongs to a pdp youth leader
-Shot at the task force which led to fracas
-Prostitutes were in the hotel
-As a youth leader, he was expected to led by example.
-I believe he is not a stranger to the governor
Stop spreading the lies of the hotel belonging to a PDP youth leader. The owner of the hotel is Promise as shown in this thread and he's based in Lagos as said here. The PDP youth leader who's wanted is Princewill. How can you be a PDP youth leader in Eleme and be residing in Lagos? Secondly, no task force member was shot at. They were confrontations though and it was claimed that led to injuries. Since at least two of the points you put up there are lies, how are we to believe the remaining? Can you share evidence of them hosting parties? Someone who's a PH resident alleged the other time that Presidential hotel which is operated by the State govt has been in operation all along during the lockdown. What do you have to say to that?

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Kennyfancy(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2020
Georgry:
Now the man may never build anything in Rivers state again, he will decide to invest everything he has in Lagos, so las las who loose?

And the Ipob people will be supporting him on Twitter. The reason Lagos is developing at a very fast pace is the ease of investment, a sane government should at worst take over the management of the hotel till certain obligations are met, at this rate of destruction and auctions of properties if this covid-19 linger for 1 year or more, there will be no more hotels or cars remaining in Rivers state before the vaccine is discovered
sorry for you, who the hotel help ?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by jp130(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2020
Una de mind all dis two year old children wher get free data enta nairaland d e comment. There is no justification as to the demolition of a private property on account of flaunting lockdown. I actually expected wike to use d plc as isolation centre or just shut it down till further notice. I cnt understand how many nigerian youths de reason justification in demolishi a property n u r still living wit ur papa for haus n de eat ur papa fud. I cnt get it
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 12:00pm On May 11, 2020
NotComplaining:

And the best way to respond is to destroy the property, property that in of itself did nothing wrong, was not crumbling or structurely weak? Think of yourself before answering. I feel your type has never owened so much as a roof, but I could be wrong.

No one is perfect, every commoner is feeling the financial pinch of the lockdown. You cant be talking so reckless until you have been put through similar pain.

Well, I had the oppurtunity of making very good money in 1 week if I could compromise to certain things this period of lockdown and restriction.. but there are far greater consequences if something goes wrong, as it involves disobeying the law and may end up loosing the assets that attracted the deal itself.

The truth is that, the hotelier felt he had powers backing him up to have endangered the lives of many just to make selfish gains.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Dogi1(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2020
desiredhome:
My question is will he try this rubbish in any of the Kalabari or ikwerre of even Obio-Akpo his own LGA?
What level of wickedness is this?

I can feel your pain bro
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by chocolatelady(f): 12:02pm On May 11, 2020
I do not understand why this governor should vent his anger on his people becos PMB has refused to give him his own billion for coronavirus. Na wah. Let’s not do what we will regret tomorrow. Why don’t he convert the hotel to isolation center or lock it up for sometime as a punishment. Why demolish someone’s sweat becos of the so called lockdown ? Have Wike obeyed the Federal Government orders. This is purely a case of pot calling kettle black. Mtcheew.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by engrjacuzzi: 12:04pm On May 11, 2020
This was a certain man who was eyeing no 2 slot with Tambuwal if opportunity came his way...will he have demolished universities, hotels, erring financial institutions if in power?
Wike is simply wicked.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by urchcoded(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

A hotel embodies all you and I have said including lack of social distancing..

Moreover chances being far far lower and chances being far higher seems equal to me as long as both categories get infected and has same tendency to infect others.
nah man a hotel is normally one person per room. Or maybe two.(a couple) the same as in a home. So I've never been a hotel And se crowd in it B4 maybe this one started during the pandemic. So how is social distancing lacking in hotels?

And secondly chances being lower is not the same as being higher. If not you shouldn't talk about fast means of spreading the virus, since it's all equal. I'm done with this conversation, argue with your common sense and conscience.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by sweerychick(f): 12:10pm On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

What if the hotel never opened for business as alleged?
the energy wike used to supervised the demolition, would have been better if he arrested every staff of the hotel, not to bring down someone's building
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Neerich1512(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2020
LibertyRep:
I do not know how anyone will justify demolision of buildings because of mere violation of lockdown order. It's high handedness and perhaps a move to settle political scores.

Seal off the building, arrest and prosecute the offenders like Lagos is doing. Isn't that sane enough?
How can a man arrogate the power of the prosecutor, the judge and the executioner to himself? .

All ikwerre pple are all the same so arrogant. They believe so much in their land and oil... Their think always is that other tribe will come to them cos of the oil so they careless about other wellbeing. Years I spent In Rivers especially ikwerre Land. What wine did they can do it to others na their nature
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 12:17pm On May 11, 2020
urchcoded:
nah man a hotel is normally one person per room. Or maybe two.(a couple) the same as in a home. So I've never been a hotel And se crowd in it B4 maybe this one started during the pandemic. So how is social distancing lacking in hotels?

And secondly chances being lower is not the same as being higher. If not you shouldn't talk about fast means of spreading the virus, since it's all equal. I'm done with this conversation, argue with your common sense and conscience.

Same hotel that guests gets swapped in hrs/days etc, room service, cleaners having access to contaminated rooms etc

hotels differs in different environments... an infected item is an infected item and has the potency of spreading the virus as long as its active.. there is no far or near. The very active patronage of hotels for different purposes and time scales makes it a potential fast means of spreading the virus..

Argue putting into consideration people that have decided to protect themselves but could get the virus due to the recklessness of others.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Alanpoza007: 12:18pm On May 11, 2020
Cantonese:

Absolutely you are wrong.
Why don't you take time to ask why the man is on the run? Knowing the levels of robbery, kidnapping, bunkering and other forms of crime in Rivers state, why has the man not made himself available?
Why are there no riots, upheavals, etc in Rivers state as we speak?
Why are the people in the affected areas and other unaffected areas complying with the lockdown?
Have you not noticed that those deslt with are just an insignificant population of the people?
No ease of investment in Rivers state and you have multinationals operating there with a lot begging to operate there?
Lagosians are quite unruly, you must agree. The reason has to do with many political interests and godfatherism. How many complied with the Lagos lockdown? Do you know that a new lockdown is imminent in Lagos? Do you know that covid19 is rapidly spreading in Lagos? We have been told that by July Lagos should expect over 120,000 cases.
With a weak governor whose political will is in the hands of godfathers how can Lagos do it?
To you Wike may have made an immoral move, but ask yourself if it was morally right for those ones to disobey the orders.
Remember the saying "if a bird learns to fly without perching, a hunter must learn to shoot without aiming". Lagos too will get there soon.
Your rantings are just empty supporting tyranny and abuse of office. You don't go about demolishing buildings because of lockdown violations in civilized societies just because you feel you have limitless powers as a governor. It's unheard of. There are standard measures like heavy fines, arrests, sealing off premises etc. With all this Wike's braggadicio and showmanship of seizing and auctioning trucks/vehicles and demolishing buildings to pass a message that he's on top of the game as far as Covid-19 containment is concerned, you'd think Rivers would be Covid-19 free by now. However, evidential data has pointed to the contrary, with new cases every now and then. In the whole of the South-South and South-East, Edo state aside, Rivers has the highest number of confirmed cases of Covid-19. We're talking about among 10 states here. These other governors of the remaining 9 states haven't gone about behaving like mad people destroying buildings in the name of fighting Covid-19 spread yet they've been to contain it fairly well especially governors of the South-East.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by dukeprince50: 12:18pm On May 11, 2020
ibiso1986:
I think it's Auto dictionary settings from his phone... He meant Kalabari
i knew it's auto correct, just wanted to catch fun. Seeing your moniker, what part of Kalabari do you come from

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Chatbot1234: 12:19pm On May 11, 2020
people are clapping for wike in the name of the law he made and we wonder why nigeria is like this smh
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2020
I think I the Federal government need to look into the excesses of this wike guy.

the worst thing you can ever do to wreck a person is to snatch his means of livelihood from him
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by dododawa1: 12:21pm On May 11, 2020
Maybe the owner supported APC then.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by afube: 12:21pm On May 11, 2020
Georgry:

what has Lagos got to do with this
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Elvisnjk(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2020
blunt2dcore:
CLEAN PS4 SLIM+GAME PAD, 1TB FOR SALE!!!
Clean Ps4 game console 1TB and game pad for sale in PortHarcourt. kindly send me whatsapp message on :08076729245. Thanks.

How much

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.