Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? (60128 Views)

How Much Is Mini Bus Suzuki And Location Of Purchase? / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? / Which Of These Cars Is Best For Transport Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2020
Solatium:

GO AND BUY THAT SUZUKI AND DRIVE IT YOURSELF AROUND THAT IKORODU,YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.
E-HAILING BUSINESS A.K.A UBER IS NO LONGER PROFITABLE,SO MANY DRIVER'S IN THE SAME MARKET TRYING TO FETCH THE SAME NUMBER OF PASSENGERS.
You spend a lot on repairs and commission if you drive on Uber.
But on korope,your maintenance is not that much and you only pay agbéró Some few cash, above all you go dey always get passenger once you know you way.
I deliberately wrote some part in capital for you to understand

thanks bro
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by haiti007(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
Dear Nairalanders and car expertise in the house, I have passion for transport business but I have been contemplating on which one to settle with between Toyota corolla 2008 model for uber or Mini bus Suzuki for local transport within my jurisdiction here in Ikorodu.

Please, I need enlightenment because I don't want to engage in business I will later regret investing on.

NB: I have 750k at hand for now but I'm still expecting help to make it 1m. But with the cash at hand, is mini bus Suzuki sellable, will I gain if I'm to drive it around my jurisdiction or should I just continue saving for the Toyota corolla for uber

Your contributions will be highly appreciated. God bless y'all as you educate me

Please help me move this to front-page, let sensible Nairalanders educate me

From my experience, I think the Suzuki bus should be better. With due maintenance, it seldom gives fault.

When I was plying iyana ipaja to ayobo, from 6am to 8pm (including resting for one hour), I make about 7-8k excluding agbero and ticket fee. You can easily save 3k or moreeveryday depending on your strength ( that's after feeding, fuel and miscellaneous expenses).

I don't know the amount a tokunbo is sold for now, but when my oga bought it for my friend then it was around 750k
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wickedtruths: 2:11pm On May 11, 2020
Stewart883:
@op pls take that money sell off some of your stuff and move to Ivory coast and invest in phone accessories business. I promise, you won't regret it. That is if you're unmarried. But even if u can still move. This is my advice

Then, why are you not in Ivory Coast?
You think everyone wants to travel to another person's land and be slaving there?
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2020
OBku4:

Question & Answer. U no know wetin be google search
All these concorted stories just to get traffic.
wehdone o

bro please received sense before the middle of this year? you think being foolish is something to celebrate ba?
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by lillyontop(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2020
My 2 cent of advise is go for uber it's not a most you get a corolla there are other cars like Honda civic, city and co you can get for the uber and get a car for uber can also help you out when going out with your family... You see the uber car serve for both person and commercial

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2020
Igwerules:

Hey bro.

It's a great idea wanting to step out of your main goal to raise funds for the real deal. Nonetheless, for frozen foods, you can start small and grow the business. If you are looking to invest about 1m into the transport business, you can equally start the frozen foods and grow from there. You need to see what can work on a smaller investment that would gain traction.

The beautiful thing about starting small is it will help you understand the business more and grow your customers. Customers are the beating heart of any business if you can find who are willing to buy from you. You customers can either B2B or B2C. Nothing spoil if its the two category.

It's just a suggestion. All the best in which way you choose to grow. Greatness awaits you.

I got your point, thanks for your piece of advise. I appreciate
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:12pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
Dear Nairalanders and car expertise in the house, I have passion for transport business but I have been contemplating on which one to settle with between Toyota corolla 2008 model for uber or Mini bus Suzuki for local transport within my jurisdiction here in Ikorodu.

Please, I need enlightenment because I don't want to engage in business I will later regret investing on.

NB: I have 750k at hand for now but I'm still expecting help to make it 1m. But with the cash at hand, is mini bus Suzuki sellable, will I gain if I'm to drive it around my jurisdiction or should I just continue saving for the Toyota corolla for uber

Your contributions will be highly appreciated. God bless y'all as you educate me

Your moniker though. Is the reason for needing the car to help you actualize the reality of your moniker? Like a getaway car for rendezvous with a snatched spouse?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by KelB(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2020
I prefer the mini bus to Corolla. Mini bus tokunbo is sold at 950k
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Luxurydriverng: 2:13pm On May 11, 2020
I strongly recommend going with rideshare business, if you start the mini bus transport when you will turn to agbero u wont know. Do rideshare business and attach side hustles that you can introduce to your riders.
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2020
damoskiy:
Don't buy the corolla for the following reasons

1. People would think you have arrived financially because you own a car.

2. Cheaper to maintain a mini bus than corolla

3. Owning a corolla you are prone to thieves and Bulgars.

4. Since you don't want to work at night buying a corolla might not be really useful... The best time to make money in uber is at night.

5. The funds you have cannot buy you a good Corolla. You need atleast 1.3million.

alright bro. thanks for your contributions. God bless you

do you know how much the mini bus is sold ?
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Staro: 2:13pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

The car you displayed here is not a 2008 Corolla.
I have the 2008 Corolla for sale at 1m only.
Reply me for inspection if interested
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by buchilino(m): 2:13pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

thanks for your piece of advice bro

since I will be driving it myself, night movement is out of it. my priority is to gain enough money that will make me go fully in the establishment I have in my heart which is frozen foods in wholesales. it requires huge capital, I just want to use the transport business to sort out capital

I WILL ADVICE U TO GO FOR THE MINI BUS. EVERY BUSINESS HAS IT'S OWN RISKS. 4 NOW DEY R TELLING U THE RISKS INVOLVED IN UBER. BUT APART FROM AGBERO, U DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER PROBLEM WITH MINI BUS. I WILL ONLY ADVICE U TO BUY MANUAL NOT AUTO MINI BUS. INSTEAD OF BUY SUZUKI, BUY DATSUN OR DALIHATUS PRODUCT. SUZUKI HAS MORE SPACE BUT DALIHATUS PRODUCTS R WAY MORE CHEAP 2 MAINTAIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2020
lanrexdo:
Mini Bus Hightly profitable since you are the driver!!!

Uber is like part time job and must be night clawer to see more gain. It is either you get lucky or unlucky plus the whole recession coming into play.

[s]All people take uber to parties, club, church.[/s]

Within 4months if dedicated on your mini bus, you will get your 100% ROI

Uber takes aleast 9-18months 100%ROI

Note.. You are getting a toks min bus for 800K at most

2003 Toyota corrolla toks starts from 1.6 -2.2 for toks at most.

my 2cent advice, If you are not shy! Go for the mini bus plus you can spend your gain on the polutry business as you german german join your mini bus!

thanks bro
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
According to jiji from 500k for Nigerian used and about 1mill for tokunbo. Ofcourse they are open for negotiations

thanks bro
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 11, 2020
Olunmercy56:

I'm a lady, If I'm very sincere about my gender, may i receive divine help. But if you are here to make trouble about my request and with yourquestion, May you never receive divine help
Whats your point?
you're not even courteous, he could be your divine helper...

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2020
doggedfighter:

Op, i heard that Suzuki is problematic and has very few technicians that Hijet is better. Please make proper enquiries please

thanks sis, do you've idea how much is the Hijet
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Geopex(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2020
Uber/corolla vs mini bus/residential driver
Mehn, u will get corolla sport 1.3 above and to me I believe people are still making cash dea.
But to be sincere with u bro, no more can surpass that commercial driver if u will b driving the car by yourself. If u can work very well , and not the shy type, I would advice u to buy the mini bus and start your job asap.
But for me, and my current location and study stuffs, I am saving hardly for my corolla sport since late year. After returning from my postgraduate sch, I will switch to uber ni o., perhaps I have a bet9ja shop as my source of income in case the uber no pay o, deaby converting the car to personal use and get married asap

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by oluwasegun007(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2020
Olunmercy56:
I love that Toyota is okay and durable, I have many friends using it. I pray that God will send helpers to buy it for me.

Come to ma haz lemme buy 1 for u grin
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 11, 2020
AbujaAgent:
Toyota is better. more durable, consumes less fuel and more preferable. That China Suzuki is not durable and only few mechanic know how to fix it
Suzuki japan.
not china

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by smiliyB(f): 2:18pm On May 11, 2020
olatunjithomas:

I'll appreciate it boss if you can help with the link to the thread
I'm no boss oo...Lol

See the link below, Goodluck to you.
https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
[/b]
[s]
do you think I give a fúck about what the moniker tell about? or I look like your likes that beg people for money here?

it's obvious this idiot was birthed in market square. I don't think your mother knows she gave birth to a world class imbeciles

if you won learn how to talk, no be me you go use learn am, you here. I'm sure you read my post, I said sensible. what's sensible in this your meaningless and dumb post

imagine this 13 century ediot

[/s]
Some people self, all this because of a little banter undecided
With your level of insecurity, one would wonder how you plan to get the Ph.D in ladies management studies grin

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Stewart883(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2020
Wickedtruths:

Then, why are you not in Ivory Coast?
You think everyone wants to travel to another person's land and be slaving there?

Oga that's my opinion. He is free to take it or leave it angry angry
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 11, 2020
tareigns:

Some people don't just believe in them selves Sha...
Nigerian women in particular, they're always on the lookout for a man to help them without screwing them, that's their idea of a helper.
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Igwerules: 2:22pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

I got your point, thanks for your piece of advise. I appreciate
You welcome. Don't go about snatching people's wives... all the best.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by weslay: 2:23pm On May 11, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

business is all about passion plus I was once a transporter before though I worked for people then but nevertheless you can't hide the fact that success in business, passion play a vital role

I very much agree. Passion is critical for success.
Also your interest in transportation is quite understandable. I wish you all the best.
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 11, 2020
pasol4real:
Don’t make the same mistake that I made .
I bought a mini bus sometime ago n in less than a year was able to raise about 1. 5 million to buy a Toyota Corolla for uber.
This was a mistake I ended up regretting cos the Corolla I bought almost twice the mini bus made a daily delivery of 35 k where as ,the min bus paid me 30 k weekly
If I had bought 2 mini buses with that money my weekly returns would have been 60k as against the 35k the Uber guy was delivering. So guy u better invest that money on a minibus n continue to multiply it until you have made enough money to acquire a Toyota Corolla while still having your minibuses running. The corolla would then just be there for convenience.
My point is if what you want is to make money... go for the mini bus.
In terms of stress ,they are both stressful .
But the Uber looks more lucrative according to you.
what's your point?
confusion?
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Goodplace: 2:25pm On May 11, 2020
If you allow me to advice, i would say use the money to pick up 2006 thoughts sienna then the sky is your limit[Quoted author=Wiifesnatcher post=89417430]Dear Nairalanders and car expertise in the house, I have passion for transport business but I have been contemplating on which one to settle with between Toyota corolla 2008 model for uber or Mini bus Suzuki for local transport within my jurisdiction here in Ikorodu.

[/quote]
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Samfloxin(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2020
Olunmercy56:
I love that Toyota is okay and durable, I have many friends using it. I pray that God will send helpers to buy it for me.
You wan do Uber?
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by ogolad(m): 2:27pm On May 11, 2020
Baba go for that Toyota and you will thank me later, reason is that with the car clean as this ur Uber service is sure depends on state of your resident, you can also offer pick up and hire service. All the best
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 11, 2020
Wickedtruths:

You have very terrible manners.
Really terrible bro...
Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by 4teeron(m): 2:33pm On May 11, 2020
pasol4real:
Don’t make the same mistake that I made .
I bought a mini bus sometime ago n in less than a year was able to raise about 1. 5 million to buy a Toyota Corolla for uber.
This was a mistake I ended up regretting cos the Corolla I bought almost twice the mini bus made a daily delivery of 35 k where as ,the min bus paid me 30 k weekly
If I had bought 2 mini buses with that money my weekly returns would have been 60k as against the 35k the Uber guy was delivering. So guy u better invest that money on a minibus n continue to multiply it until you have made enough money to acquire a Toyota Corolla while still having your minibuses running. The corolla would then just be there for convenience.
My point is if what you want is to make money... go for the mini bus.
In terms of stress ,they are both stressful .
Kudos Bro. You're absolutely right go for mini bus I got a mini bus for myself I have business i run in LASU, was lucky to qualify for a bank loan immediately I got the loan I went for the bus now due to lockdown business in campus short down till indefinite. But my bus serves me right have been using the mini bus more than 7 months the engine still sound good and body still intact no matter how bad business u will get Urs uber drivers don't have much to gain now even V.I.O. is another issue for Uber drivers, if you are committed and determined into using your minibus u will realise your money back soon, but to enjoy your bus for long don't over stress it, when I spoke with the guy I brought mine from yesterday he said I will get my type around 1.1 to 1.2 million belt engine and non turbo with 3 plugs engine capacity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? by bestpunterever: 2:34pm On May 11, 2020
Goldencheese:
It depends on your routes or the routes you want to ply. Would you like to drive long distance because UBER customers may require that?

Two, what type of customers do you want? Do you want the regular customers or UBER customers made up mainly of the middle class upwards?

Three, what hours of operations do you want to run your business. UBER gives you the latitude to operate during the night, pick up night crawlers or club rats or night workers and all that. Although with Corvid-19, there might not be much customer traffic during the night.

Four, UBER will give you more peace of mind from Agbero disturbance than the Suzuki bus. Are you willing to put up or not to put up with their wahala?

Lastly, how much do you want to make. I think you may make more money with the car than with the bus.

But both vehicles if well managed and without accidents can give you good returns. But mind those points above and base your decision on them.

All the best and stay safe.
nice write up, but why did you fail to mentioned how many uber drivers that has been killed and how their cars has been taken away at gun point.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / United Arab Emirate Police Unveils Flying Bike(Photos) / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.