Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... (380 Views)

Get Rid Of Scar And Acne! / Asherman Syndrome Is The Formation Of Scar Tissue In The Uterine Cavity / Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... by coolcentbigman(m): 5:40pm On May 11, 2020
Please famz I need help for my kid sister, she got this injury when she was little and the wound has healed but it had turned into a lump or something and keeps getting bigger as she kept growing.

I need help on what to do to make the lump go away because I personally feel embarrassed which time she take of her shirt or when she wears singlets, I would have taken her pic but she refused to let the pics here is just for illustration.
Thanks as you help out.

Re: How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 11, 2020
Keloid. A bump that forms from an injury after it has healed as a result of excess collagen. It's an over_growth of scar tissues, esp. from cuts.
It can be removed surgically, or through laser/pressure therapy, etc.
Modified: i just researched the condition, turns out it's very common. Over 1.5million Nigerians have keloids.
Re: How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... by coolcentbigman(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2020
Dew04:
Keloid. A bump that forms from an injury after it has healed as a result of excess collagen. It's an over_growth of scar tissues, esp. from cuts.
It can be removed surgically, or through laser/pressure therapy, etc.
Modified: i just researched the condition, turns out it's very common. Over 1.5million Nigerians have keloids.

Thanks for the info but is there any other way to get rid of the scar besides surgery? I need to get rid of that ugly scar because it keeps getting bigger.
Re: How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... by Nobody: 7:37am On May 12, 2020
coolcentbigman:

Thanks for the info but is there any other way to get rid of the scar besides surgery? I need to get rid of that ugly scar because it keeps getting bigger.
i'm not really sure... But from what i've heard, you can crush aspirin, mix it with water to form a paste and apply it to the keloid for an hour. Continue for a while until the scar tissue has reduced...
You can check out other home remedies online. But be careful which procedure you follow...
Re: How Can You Make This Kind Of Scar Go Away... by coolcentbigman(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2020
Dew04:
i'm not really sure... But from what i've heard, you can crush aspirin, mix it with water to form a paste and apply it to the keloid for an hour. Continue for a while until the scar tissue has reduced...
You can check out other home remedies online. But be careful which procedure you follow...

Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Home Remedy For Different Type Of Infection In The Body / 8 Warning Signs 1 Month Before Heart Attack / Uk’s New Migration Visa Lures Nigerian Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.