Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

I Was A Husband: My Experience - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was A Husband: My Experience (133071 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by chronique(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2020
You actually tried. Someone like me, the first cheating would have been the end of the marriage. If I'm dating you and you are playing side games and I don't bother you even when I know or I'm suspicious of it, just know that I don't really give 2 bleeps about you. If I break up with you for cheating on me, know that I got deep feelings for you and I'm hurt. You did well not to hit her at any point in time and I must commend you for being able to live under same roof with a philandering wife. I'm very sure I don't have the grace to do that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 14, 2020
zeb04:
ff

Your marriage failed not because you had constant quarrels with your husband in the second year but because you opted to punish him because he did not give you enough attention.

Marriage is about US, want we want, not ME, what I want.

You have learnt your lessons.

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by angelfallz(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
Candanyl:
Our problems stems from tradition and religion.I have gone via many comments here and have come to the conclusion that even most men dont know what they want. I hear a lot men talk about feminism and how they dont want to marry a feminist when they should be happy to even find and marry one.The reason men will praise non african women is because they are feminist(they work and contribute equally to the smooth running of the home , they see their spouses as partners,they dont v all these gender roles n they run things reasonably .For instance, the wife has a better job , she becomes the provider and the man takes care of the home front willingly without ego and so they marry for love and respect each other as earned. But its a different case here where the woman is supposed to be submissive IRRESPECTIVE. and the man is seen as a PROVIDER . so when role is reversed( when the man cant provide due to circumstances), theres a problem , the man become aggressive at the home front and the woman becomes irritable .whereas they are supposed to come together and think of how to switch the roles and run the home smoothly.An average nigerian man is not ready to take up such domestic roles so as not to be seen as weak , he's filled with ego despite the situation of things and instead of being helpful , becomes even more aggressive at home. So in Nigeria as long as the man provides, the woman must submit and home is peaceful but any deviation from this na wahala...The GENDER Roles is what is killing us here.People no longer marry for love but for these roles ( a woman seek a provider n a man seek submissive woman)

The western men are running away from feminist women, but you are here encouraging men to marry feminists?

Below is the first line of an answer in Quora, followed by a link to the write up itself.

I’m going to be 100% real with you, From my experience, men really do want this type of woman still.
https://qr.ae/pNntjU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Simbrixton(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
omonnakoda:

Yoruba women are Angels?
they are not so many are terrible sef, just like every nigerian girl but our culture no too support greed which OP wife displayed
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
faithfull18:
Hmmn, this sounds like fiction. I don't support divorce but if adultery is involved with evidences, then separation is advised. Biblically, either partners are expected not to marry again but you know in our present world, we read and act upside down.
This is what you are looking for

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

So if ur husband divorce u for adultery, u remain unclean and anybody that married u, committed adultery. Is very straight forward. Also applicable to me. Except one repent thoroughly
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:22pm On May 14, 2020
Dyt:

I was expecting all of these when I posted
Very predictable set of yumanbeans

You are finding husbands because these sets of men have chosen to be infidels.

You are finding quality husband not infidels

Hold your head up

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:23pm On May 14, 2020
INVINCIBLECSP1:
This is what you are looking for

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

When an infidel doesn't provide the he causeth her to adultery.

Bible is so complete

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by omonnakoda: 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
ronyman:
I see
What ?
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by riczy(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
God strengthen n bless all marriage n intending couples, God assist dem to undstd each other, in Jesus name. If u are led by d spirit let's say Amen!

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Simbrixton(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

All this infidels tagging me....

Women like dont want broke ass men like you
stop tagging all women say YOU specifically

11 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:25pm On May 14, 2020
Poorboy:
na today I know say you be woman before I been think say na man you be.

Do men refer to themselves as baby?

kiss kiss
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by OriOko88(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2020
tunmiluabi:

Life is strange... Turning my child against me is not an an issue for me. What I do believe is that any act of betrayal will always repeat itself no matter how hidden it might. I have seen it and I know it. The truth is that, even if my child does not see me as father in the future... I will die a happy man knowing that I had the strength to walk away.

Its high time you moved on. Remarry and have one or two more kids. Forget her. She will come back to her senses when one yahoo boy scam all her money
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 14, 2020
Prymestrr:

Haaaaa... Sister Dyt are you propositioning the man ni Nawa o...the power of money and lekki apartment embarassed
I stan cry

No use girls play where money dey.

This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by sonyoung: 2:25pm On May 14, 2020
It is unfortunate how life can turn quickly when there is no money...still some active men have not learnt.....

4 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:26pm On May 14, 2020
Simbrixton:

Shut up and sit down.

I tagged Women again!!

What are you going to do about it?

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by LaJoe2: 2:26pm On May 14, 2020
If you're married, to GOD be the glory.
If you're single, don't weep, you don't know what GOD is protecting you from

10 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by SmartMen: 2:27pm On May 14, 2020
YourCoffin:
Op I sell coffins Incase you decide to go back
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by perryy(m): 2:27pm On May 14, 2020
tunmiluabi:

She will one day tell her parents herself. Her parents have sought for an amicable solution and meetings are being called. I have not doubt in my mind that I have moved on. I still have good relationship with her family because of my child..

Your wife has been fucking around since day one , the reason you have been losing your jobs and not doing the well. You see how your life turned around after u left her, that is how your life was designed from day one. An adulterous woman is a bringer of illluck . Take her back again and lose your beautiful job. Just try and see.

8 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
Simbrixton:

Women dont want broke ass men but I may be wrong sha

If you are female and you want a broke ass man pls tag this post so broke ass men can pick you

Indicate if you are happy to pay rent and feed him and pay school fees you get more points from infidels for that.

Oya o

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Yankee101: 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
Tales by moonlight
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Psoul(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
tunmiluabi:

Defending yourself does not even help. The strength to write this note is my willingness to see beyond myself, there might be need for more insight. I know love is not one directional neither is it "multi-directional", it’s usually in the eye of the one looking at you. Love has no other name but LOVE. I might not be perfect but imperfection can still be unlearned by truly appreciating the situation. There is absolutely no reason to hurt anyone. I would believe that I failed to see her expectations through her lens and she failed to notice my sincere affections towards her. I might not be happy with the way things turned out but the situation has not made me any angrier. But it’s normal to be unhappy and I know that when I don’t mind being unhappy – It won’t last and eventually all will be alright and I hold same for her. Although, with all honesty, I did not see this happening, but I would like to know what our “stupidity” and “failure” has caused us. This will help if we finally move on with our lives. Given the situation, I believe I tried my best, but was not good enough. I am inspired by opportunities life has offer. I will channel my rage, drain and pain for a renewed future without my current dilemma. I am sure it will end in PRAISE. Thank you... there might not be need to tell it all. Life is like WIND it either blows in your favour or against.. Its your choice to stay strong. For those who might not understand that its not a struggle between the MAN the WOMAN, the only existential threat couples face is LIFE itself. But if you haven't been bitten in the face by a bear before, you will not appreciate how bad it is to loose ones identity. But on a happy happier note, if my heart is broken a million times, I will still love again There are good women out there. Its just a matter of time. Telling your story to defend yourself is a waste of time... At the appointed time the truth will unleash itself but not through me

I'm just lost in what else to say.
You are a strong man. You've a larger heart and a flexible one too. You'll live long.

You're very intelligent. I love the way u pick ur words and piece them together.

May God bless your soul.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Simbrixton(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

His life changed when he stopped eatting his wife's sweat.

Eating a wife sweat keeps a husband in a broke place.
what about a woman eating a man's sweat
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by stonecoldcafe: 2:29pm On May 14, 2020
BrainArk:

nah rubbish you dey talk Sir/ma

Ok. Thanks.
Are you married?
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by OriOko88(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2020
YourCoffin:
Op I sell coffins Incase you decide to go back
Lolxzzzz. Baba werey

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:30pm On May 14, 2020
Simbrixton:
what about a woman eating a man's sweat

Stop tagging me simp

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Simbrixton(m): 2:30pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

Shut up and sit down.

I tagged Women again!!

What are you going to do about it?
I go come ask u for your husband two years down d line

U no fine u still no get sense

4 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by friendl: 2:31pm On May 14, 2020
Forgive her because of your kids ,....

We live because of our children,.. please l beg you sir ,l am begging you please
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Chatflick(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2020
Dyt:

**bookmarked**

Marriage isn't just all.about you, partner or kids.
We all need someone
You don't have to be married before you have a partner
Marriage is just a form of respect

Form of respect? Where did you get that from
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Simbrixton(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

Stop tagging me simp
why u come dey nairaland

When u know u have the tolerance of a child

8 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:32pm On May 14, 2020
Simbrixton:
I go come ask u for your husband two years down d line

U no fine u still no get sense

You fine na money you no get.

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 2:32pm On May 14, 2020
Simbrixton:
why u come dey nairaland

When u know u have the tolerance of a child

Infidel speak English

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Poorboy: 2:33pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

Do men refer to themselves as baby?

kiss kiss
I don't rate monikers here I only read contributions.... Sweetcunt here in nairaland could be male..... Prostitute here on nairaland is a guy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply)

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.