Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan (37782 Views)

How I Sold My Brother Out To Be Killed - Lagos Cultist (Photo) / I Sold Human Head For N25,000 - Ritualist Arrested In Oyo State Confesses / Father Of Kidnapped ABU Student: I Sold My Goats, Pigs, Belongings To Pay Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Galactico4ever(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2020
I understand the plight of the mother. i think she was only ensuring the best possible future for her child...i wonder her crime here
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Beremx(f): 8:53pm On May 12, 2020
Kobojunkie? Wow!!! Welcome back. Indomie generation on nairaland will never know you are a legend. cheesy cheesy
Kobojunkie:

This has nothing to do with unemployment.

She could have chosen to do anything else. Instead she chose to make a baby, only to then sell it off for her own gain.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Tissaia(f): 8:54pm On May 12, 2020
SaintBishop:
They are the -working jews of Alabama grin grin

grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by alfarouq(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2020
With the way things are going now, I pray we wouldn't have a situation of incest marrieges where a man marry his sister without each of them knowing.
Imagine if things later turn out well for the mother who sold her child without knowing the recipient of the child later got married and gave birth to another child of opposite gender, the two children both the one that was sold and the one that was kept later grew up into responsible adults, completed their university education and went for NYSC, posted to the same state fell in love with eachother and got married.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by unmask: 8:55pm On May 12, 2020
Miracle1991:
she did not give, she SOLD.
Don't try to change the narrative
that is subject to interpretation.....if someone gives her child to a couple and the couple goes "take this money for transport and to take care of yourself" would that be termed selling the baby?
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by mohkabir15: 8:55pm On May 12, 2020
maddoo ;Dmaddoo
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by ADUKKY(f): 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
As much as selling a baby is a crime, government should work on making child adoption process easy and speedy. The bottlenecks that comes with child adoption in the country is not encouraging. So many children looking for who will love them and give them a home, same way so many homes looking for a child to love. I read on a thread here where a guy talked about a family of his that was asked to give some amount as bribe before he can be scheduled for visitation and inspection for child adoption.
Also, Nigerians need to rid themselves of the stigma associated with child adoption. My husband and I hope to adopt a child in the near future when we can afford it though we have two of our own.

This is not to support the offence committed by these people.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii4541: 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 287026[/color]
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Sunshineg5(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
unmask:
that is subject to interpretation.....if someone gives her child to a couple and the couple goes "take this money for transport and to take care of yourself" would that be termed selling the baby?
So they gave her 130k for transport?

Na flight ticket she wan book?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Poorboy41: 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
She can’t feed her own mouth, but she knows how to open legs for a man, stupid girl, stoned her to death or by hanging, simple
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Poorboy41: 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
Evil generation
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by ADUKKY(f): 8:57pm On May 12, 2020
alfarouq:
With the way things are going now, I pray we wouldn't have a situation of incest marrieges where a man marry his sister without each of them knowing.
Imagine if things later turn out well for the mother who sold her child without knowing the recipient of the child later got married and gave birth to another child of opposite gender, the two children both the one that was sold and the one that was kept later grew up into responsible adults, completed their university education and went for NYSC, posted to the same state fell in love with eachother and got married.

Like it happens in Nollywood abi �������
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by eyinjuege: 8:58pm On May 12, 2020
wearesamic:
What she did is very bad,I can't blame her,she sold the baby because she didn't have money to take care of him

You shouldn't sell a human being like you.
Give the baby up for adoption instead.
But she chose to be evil and greedy.
Perhaps she wouldn't mind to also be sold to them in Libya or whatever,

2 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Scamperlee(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
Na person wey born sell am, no be sey dem steal am from her. Wetin concern them with the trade by birth transaction wey dem do. Abeg next page. . .
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by gretblue: 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
unmask:
some people can genuinely not feed their kids......The process was wrong, even if I don't know whether there is a process for that.

It is a confusing case it is right on one hand, wrong on the other

But if the mother couldn't take care of the baby she won't be wrong giving it to someone who can ...it is the responsible thing to do
Don't rewrite the narration.. She didn't give, she sold the child. Stop promoting impunity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by NaMeAboki: 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
Imagine selling their own children like farm animals - yet they have mouth to insult others.
Lord Lugard is a bastard. cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Refatul: 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
[url]SSC Result 2020[/url] will publish in the first week in June 2020! That’s Attractive and Great news for all SSC Examinee and Their Guardians. The Secondary Education Board, Bangladesh, Technical Education Board and Madrasa board announced that they’ll publish the <a href="https://bdexamhelp.com/ssc-result/">SSC Result 2020</a> as soon as possible and it will be the first week of June. A large Number of SSC Examine and other People don’t know how to check SSC Result Fast. <a href="https://bdexamhelp.com/ssc-result-online/">SSC Result Online Checking system</a> will available on BD Exam Help Official Website, Teletalk SSC Result Website and also on <a href="https://bdexamhelp.com/ssc-result-mobile-sms/"> SSC Result 2020 By Mobile SMS</a>
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Dannyfan(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
She should have follow the baby and not leave him alone travelling, that is even bad. From her confession, she should be release and take to rehab. The buyer should be sanction, bokoharam didn't deserve better than her.

1 Like

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Brugo(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
Igbo people can sell their family members even the babies.

Maybe they are cursed or something. Who knows? tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii2520: 9:02pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2020
then these demons will be in church talking about miracles, while the baby dont even look like them...

ABSTINENCE, you no wan do!
PULL OUT TECHNIQUE, you no wan do!
WEAR CONDOM, you no wan do!
MORNING AFTER PILL. you no wan do!
ABORTION, you no wan do!

... but to sell the baby to some unknown strangers is the best thing you thought of doing!?

***spit on floor***

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by eyinjuege: 9:03pm On May 12, 2020
unmask:
some people can genuinely not feed their kids......The process was wrong, even if I don't know whether there is a process for that.

It is a confusing case it is right on one hand, wrong on the other

But if the mother couldn't take care of the baby she won't be wrong giving it to someone who can ...it is the responsible thing to do

There's nothing confusing there.
I understand she's jobless and cannot feed. That is still no excuse to engage in selling a human like you even if its your child.
If she wanted the baby cared for, she could have contacted an adoption agency and they would gladly provide a home for that child.
It was always about the money for these mums. Perhaps if she's prolific enough, she could sell 2 babies in 1 year

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Sadsoulnow: 9:04pm On May 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Left to me, I don’t see anything bad in what the lady did. Only that she didn’t follow the legitimate process. Come to think of it, is there anything so legitimate with nigerian systems?

Instead of giving birth to the southern almajiri, she opted selling her baby willingly to couple who can take care of it. The only problem is the third parties involved and the authenticity of the buyer.

Imagine them quoting me down there on my opinion. What if she chose having the baby and being unable to cater for the baby, it is these same set of people that will crucify the woman for keeping a baby she can’t cater for.
I really didn't see anything bad in it o..They didn't killed the baby
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Jakemedg(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Imagine selling their own children like farm animals - yet they have mouth to insult others.
Lord Lugard is a bastard. cheesy grin
them selling their own children like farm animals ? who are they?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Golan007: 9:07pm On May 12, 2020
unmask:

If they had given her 500 Naira for transportation works she have been happy the baby found the couple as her parents?
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Yomit71(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2020
Beremx:
Kobojunkie? Wow!!! Welcome back. Indomie generation on nairaland will never know you are a legend. cheesy cheesy
when did you join nairaland that you're calling some indomie generation

1 Like

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Golan007: 9:08pm On May 12, 2020
Sadsoulnow:

How would you see bad in it?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by gretblue: 9:08pm On May 12, 2020
Sadsoulnow:
Because they were apprehended. If they had gone free , only God could have determined the faith of the baby.Let us be upright for once

3 Likes

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
thought some of my Igbo folks here do say no hardship in Igbo land. they chest beat as if na everyone no dey travel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Beremx(f): 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
angry angry angry
Yomit71:

when did you join nairaland that you're calling some indomie generation
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Ten06(m): 9:11pm On May 12, 2020
Tissaia:
A 20-year-old lady, *Miracle Kalu* who was arrested for selling her one-month-old baby for N130,000,

couple: *Patrick Mbama*, 41,and *Ogechi Chinonso Ekwebele*, 30, were arrested alongside five other passengers.

The choosing people". I guess by Lucifer

As 16-year-old Miriam* stepped out of her tent to fetch water near the Madinatu Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Nigeria's northeastern Borno state in January last year, a middle-aged woman she knew as "Aunty Kiki" approached her.

All they could make out for sure, however, was that the two women communicated with each other and the men in Igbo, the language spoken in southeastern Nigeria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/features/survivors-nigeria-baby-factories-share-stories-200420091556574.html
That is their specialty in that region, that was how one of them also sold my daughter that was given birth to on the 28 of February 2002. Up till now I could not locate the lady and the baby. The lady is from eziama in mbakala, Abia state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Drizzy5001(m): 9:11pm On May 12, 2020
Anakhogeri sad u no say u no go fit cater for the child, yet u opened ur legs for the trader ... Mumu .. mtcheeew undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Igboka Assassinated In His Car! Death Confirmed By Anambra Police (Graphic) / Man Laments As Hoodlums Destroy His Car, Steal Car Parts (Video) / Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.