Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Last Bus - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Bus (35289 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 9:46am On Jun 01, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

Equilibrium respect to you too..
Happy new month..

I feel you, bro.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Tominix:
ftc i must be ftc oya naw them don release me after a wk saying "bullying and harrasment of a fellow nairalander" bully who a gay. iyama. . . . I wanted to deal with him again, then i remembered the story am writing, and what you said . . . . . I left him. Buh he is still under a ban

I'm happy for you, bro.

Welcome back.
Re: The Last Bus by Kaycee9242(m): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Op pls help me call dt shola i want to whisper something to him. nice update keep it coming

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by becca2017(f): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Becca is back! Welcome dear.

Thank you sir.. thanks for update, more wisdom!!
Re: The Last Bus by Tonyspecial(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Second encounter Bless up

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kaycee9242:
Op pls help me call dt shola i want to whisper something to him. nice update keep it coming

Shola, Shola, Shola!!!! Kaycee is calling you ooooo. He has a word for you oooo.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Second encounter
Bless up

Yes oooo, Tonyspecial. Second encounter oooo.
Re: The Last Bus by damselposh(f): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
If I knock this shola on his head now, they will call me a bad person.

thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Kaycee9242(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
JamesKudooski:

Shola, Shola, Shola!!!! Kaycee is calling you ooooo. He has a word for you oooo.

I go just bite his ear commot. Heartless being

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
So Biggie survived,wow, that's good to know..

Shola is one greedy fool, it's his type that loots the country dry when given the chance..

Just when I thought they had miraculously escaped,the idiot bellowing “maggots” showed up again..

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Kaycee9242(m): 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

Shola is one greedy fool, it's his type that loots the country dry when given the chance..

Just when I thought they had miraculously escaped,the idiot bellowing “maggots” showed up again..

I counted 9 persons including Fiona and Akin in the survivors, you may need to check that again except I didn't count well..

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI

count it well Dy are 10, remember to include d small son of mother in lord

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by EkopSparoAyara(m): 2:05am On Jun 02, 2020
Kaycee9242:

You're right bro, I skipped Ubong while I was counting... Am modifying..

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
damselposh:
If I knock this shola on his head now, they will call me a bad person.

thanks boss.

In fact, he needs more than a knock.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kaycee9242:

I go just bite his ear commot. Heartless being

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI

And the commentary continues...

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kaycee9242:

On point!
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

You're right bro, I skipped Ubong will I was counting... Am modifying..

Ubong of all people? shocked

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
THE LAST BUS NOW LIVE ON BAMBOOKS!!!

Hello folks,

This is to inform you all that The Last Bus is finally live on BAMBOOKS!

What this means is that if you already have a Bambooks account, you can read the complete book FREE without having to wait for me to post updates.

And if you don't have an account with BAMBOOKS, don't worry. You can register to have access to all my books and several hundreds of other interesting books.

So what are you waiting for?

Here here to enjoy The Last Bus:

https://bambooks.io/Book/BookDetail/The-Last-Bus/12725

Thank you and stay safe.

With love,

Qudus

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
JamesKudooski:

And the commentary continues...
Lol..
Re: The Last Bus by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2020
Oga update na

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Macro231101:
Oga update na

Lol!!!!
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Caught your breath yet?

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chapter Four

I turned back and saw the don dragging one of his legs towards us. The chain of bullets he wore across his chest had significantly reduced. He had dark patches and blood clots all over his face. He tied a strip of cloth around what I suspected was a bullet wound on his left thigh. I was sure the confrontation with the soldiers had not gone well. He ground his teeth with each step he took yet he was still in control.

“Maggots! You all think you can escape me after all you made me pass through? No! Fucking maggots! Impossible!” he bared his teeth as he got closer.

We all stayed down. The way the lunatic was spraying bullets into the sky generously, not even Biggie could dare any kamikaze moves. When he got close enough, he threw a piece of rope to me. It dropped at my feet. I looked at him with raised eyeballs.

“Hey, lover boy, pick it up,” he barked.

I hesitated at first, trying to talk him out of it, but the lunatic fired several shots at my feet to reset my brain. I jumped up and down several times, and Fiona stiffened. The Ọmọ Akin in me disappeared pronto. I picked up the rope. He instructed me to tie everyone up and made it clear that he wouldn't hesitate to blow up my skull if I tried anything funny. Tried anything funny ke? Me that my Ọmọ Akin has disappeared tey tey! I complied.

“Excuse me, sir,” Shola spoke up, being careful not to trigger the don's wrath. “See, I don't trust this lover boy. The way I'm looking at his eyes, I'm not sure he will carry out your instructions very well sir.”

“What are you doing, Shola?” I tried to shut him up.

“And who made you our leader or spokesman, Akin? All man for himself,” he flared up at me.

Then he turned back to the don. “Boss, I have told these fools several times that we can't run away from you, but they wouldn't listen. Let me be your loyal servant, and you will be my master. I will do whatever you ask me to do, I promise. Moreover, you are injured. You need support, and you can count on me.”

Surprisingly, Shola was able to talk his way into the don's heart. His betrayal pissed us off, and we yelled at him to shut his mouth. Instead of Shola, the don responded by spraying bullets right over our heads. We screamed and docked, quivering while blocking our ears with our palms. Sister Elizabeth clutched her beret to her chest as if it was the key to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Sweat dripped from her chin like water from a tap. Fiona wrapped her hands around Amitabh.

“Shut up, maggots!” the don shouted. “Here is someone with some sense after all.” He faced Shola, “take the rope from him and tie them up.”
Shola gleefully carried out the assignment, tying our hands behind us so tight that I feared the rope would eat into our flesh.

All of a sudden, there was a rumble in the sky. Dark clouds started gathering together to obscure the moonlight. A cold, howling wind swept through the forest, shaking the trees, ripping off branches, dropping leaves, and whirling dry leaves around in circles. Lightning and thunder terrorised the sky. I began to plead with the don.

“Please, don't do this. The weather is changing. You can't leave us here like this ...”

He just laughed hysterically.

“Please, I continued begging, if for nothing else, consider this little boy. You can't let him die like this.” I didn't realise when tears rolled down my cheeks.

“He would anyway. Does it matter if he dies now or later? Do you think he can survive the ordeal of this jungle? Look around you. We are in the middle of nowhere. We are fucking lost, maggot! You would be doing that little boy a whole lot of good if you pulled a trigger to his skull right now.”

“You are a devil!” I spat at him.

“That's what people call me anyway. Thanks for the compliment.” He laughed again.

“Boss, we have to leave now. The rain is upon us,” Shola urged him. “I can spot a raft at the river bank. The earlier we start going, the better. Leave them and let us go.”

“You are worse than the devil, Shola,” Biggie yelled at him.

“All man for himself, Onowvurie. All man for himself.” He smiled mischievously.

Amaka began crying and cursing as the don and Shola turned their backs to leave, “My God will punish the two of you. You will rot in—”

The don swung around and pulled the trigger. The bullet caught Amaka between her eyes, silencing her forever. She fell sideways. She died instantly; not once did she twitch.

Sister Elizabeth, Fatima, and Lilian's screams travelled far into the forest. In response, the weather became more turbulent. I looked at Amitabh. He was shaking so vigorously I thought he would slide into convulsions. I looked up at the sky. The moonlight was almost nonexistent. With tears in my eyes, I petitioned God, “Please save your children.”

God must have heard my prayer for a great calmness set in. Nonetheless, all signs showed it was only temporary. I heaved a sigh of relief, closed my eyes and thanked God from the bottom of my heart. I looked at Fiona, and she smiled at me. Oh, how much reinvigorating that smile was.

My eyes followed Shola as he provided support to the limping don. Shola pushed the raft into the river. I could see the water clearer now. It wasn't as clean as we thought earlier and I wasn't sure it was suitable for drinking. It wasn't even a river. It was a swamp. It was dark and leaves and other litters were floating on it. It had a distinct smell. I sensed something strange about that water.

Sister Elizabeth momentarily distracted me. “Chai! Na like dis dis girl head wan catch me so?” I heard her rueing.

“What are you talking about, Sister Lizzy?” Fiona inquired.

“The girl I cheated at the park. If she had been the one to get the last ticket, I wouldn't have been on that bus in the first place.”

I was sure Fiona must have been tempted to tell her it served her right but for the present situation. I hissed, and when I turned my attention back to the swamp, the don and Shola were on the abandoned raft, already sailing across the water. I squinted when I noticed a stealth movement in the water. I held my breath.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. BAMBOOKS: https://bambooks.io/Book/BookDetail/The-Last-Bus/12725

2. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_last_bus/33597

3. LITIRESO: https://litireso.com/library/B-530ykalgylh2

4. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1024020

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

5 Likes

Re: The Last Bus by EkopSparoAyara(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
The Don is obviously the only one left in the gang, anyways,he just got a new recruit in person of Shola..

That Shola of a man.. He is so opportunistic..He thinks the Don will spare him,his fate is greatly mistakened..

Stealth movement in the water, God may just be answering their Akin's prayer to save them..

BRAVO JAMESKUDOOSKI...
Re: The Last Bus by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Oga ,is there any way I can buy d full story through Airtime??

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Lilly4endu(f): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2020
Hmmmmm stealth in the water, it could be Crocodiles yeeeeap!!!!!!!
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 1:56am On Jun 05, 2020
Macro231101:
Oga ,is there any way I can buy d full story through Airtime??

Macro231101,

Okadabooks accepts airtime. I will advise you use 9mobile though.

Thanks.
Re: The Last Bus by Kaycee9242(m): 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
nice one op

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by Ann2012(f): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Can Don just shoot Shola mistakenly then we'll be rid of him angry

Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kaycee9242:
nice one op

Thanks, bro.
Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ann2012:
Can Don just shoot Shola mistakenly then we'll be rid of him angry

Thanks for the update boss

Hmmmmmm... this is deep!

1 Like

Re: The Last Bus by JamesKudooski(m): 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
FRESH EPISODES LOADING...........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Relationship Story "A Friend In Need" (Full Episode) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.