Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

A Word Of Advise To Nigerian Estate Agents - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Word Of Advise To Nigerian Estate Agents (756 Views)

4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Word Of Advise To Nigerian Estate Agents by playmode(m): 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
I have been holding this in for a while but today i said : what d hell, let me spill it out.

I have been studying the way Nigerian estate agents advertise property on the web and i must say your methods are extremely appalling. Many of you advertise properties without having the common sense to accompany your ads with crystal clear photos. How can you be an estate agent when you don't have a visible website in 2011 or you don’t have photos of the property you are selling or renting.

I think all you Nigerian states should start acting like professionals and do what your colleagues do in other civilized countries. With all these money you guys make ,you should all have a visible website and you should all have a personal picture on your website so  that every one can easily identify you. You guys should stop being stingy and invest in a high quality camera which you can use to take pictures of your properties. I hope Nairaland will impose a rule that all sellers should include pictures in their ads, this will help bring integrity to the trade. I am based in South Africa and this is how estate agents run their business here :

www.pamgolding.com

www.seeff.com

www.sapropertyads.com

www.lewgeffen.co.za

www.property24.com

www.iolproperty.co.za

Please dont give us any excuse about website hosting being expensive or cameras being expensive. You can host a small website for $3 a month and you can a good camera for less than N20,000.Please step up your game and stop being cheap wussies like nollywood. It is really irritating for Overseas based Nigerians like me to buy a property because you guys don’t have any pictures to show and you guys are faceless so i don’t know who i am dealing with.

I hope some of you will take my advise because it will help you become more successful in your estate agent career. If you need a website , I can point you in the right direction.
Re: A Word Of Advise To Nigerian Estate Agents by sammyelo(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2011
Your words are good and selfless. Good 1
Re: A Word Of Advise To Nigerian Estate Agents by james1(m): 3:55am On Jan 15, 2011
@poster,nice one.

(1) (Reply)

4br Fllat All Rooms Ensuite For Lease@surulere@800k Per Annum / Architect And Builder,best Of Our Services At An Affordable Price,view Designs / No Drianage In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.