Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Appeal Court Affirms Douye Diri Govenor Of Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms Douye Diri Govenor Of Bayelsa (242 Views)

Govenor Matawalle Negotiated Release Of Kankara Schoolboys Without Paying Kobo / Protesters Attack Douye Diri's House, Destroy Property / INEC Bars Douye Diri From Entering Its Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms Douye Diri Govenor Of Bayelsa by LatestTori4Town: 5:26pm On May 12, 2020

The Court of Appeal sitting in Owerri, Imo state on Tuesday affirmed Douye Diri as Governor of Bayelsa State.

The court gave the ruling in a suit challenging the emergence of Diri as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

A 2019 governorship aspirant on the platform of PDP, Ndutimi Alaibe had filed a suit challenging Diri’s victory at PDP’s primary election in Bayelsa State.

Following Diri’s emergence, Alaibe had instituted a legal action against Diri and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at the Federal High Court in Owerri.

Diri’s victory at the court had led Alaibe to appeal the ruling at the Court of Appeal.

However, the Appeal Court dismissed Alaibe’s suit while affirming the judgment of the lower court.

The Court dismissed Alaibe’s suit for lacking merit.”

However, the Appeal Court dismissed Alaibe’s suit while affirming the judgment of the lower court.

The Court dismissed Alaibe’s suit for lacking merit.”

The Governor Hours shortly took to his social media accounts to celebrate his victory.

The Court of Appeal sitting in Owerri, Imo State today affirmed that I was the winner of the September 3, 2019, PDP governorship primary.

I remain grateful to God Almighty and the Judges for the sound judgment.

I also thank leaders and members of my party and YOU ALL for your continuous prayer and support.

I hope that we will see an end to the litany of litigations so that we can come together and further the development of our state. Bayelsa belongs to us all...More Details

(1) (Reply)

Video When Ifeanyi Dike Accepted Killing His Cousin,which Led To Justice At Last / Nigerians Join Extremist Political Parties Abroad / Why Lawyers Are One Of Nigeria Biggest Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.