Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (50253 Views)

Why Is It That Nairalanders Think I'm The Worst Liar? / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / I Think I'm In Trouble In My Compound..Nairalanders Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 9:45pm On May 14, 2020
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you! This is a clear example of toxic masculinity, expecting men to do certain things in order to be perceived as a "manly man" when in the real sense those things do not in any way determine your masculinity. Honey it's 2020, there's nothing wrong in being a sensitive, emotional man that is scared of bugs and insects.

Not being able to murder animals or witness gory sights doesn't make you less of a man.

11 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by solsticey2k3(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2020
smiley ... I think it’s normal tho. It’s a normal trait in some people.

Someone mentioned up there that a 10 year old girl can drag knife with elders during Christmas, that’s her trait as well.

It’s normal bro. Live your life and enjoy it to the fullest

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Dangrace01: 9:45pm On May 14, 2020
Imustsurvive:
so?

Naso
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
Cook yourself hard nah!
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Abusadiq01(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:
This thing really disturbs me, Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
Don't worry life will make u hard very soon, u are still young..
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Risingblue008(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
This guy is not normal,even wall gecko weyi go use sleeppers knack go one side,nna ehhh u dey fvk up
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Crixxx: 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
Eat akpu and be a strong man

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by ObafemiAwoIowo: 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
bro nothing is wrong with you
you are just among few that has clean heart

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Taiwo20(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2020
Get an insecticide, that's what I use for roaches and geckos because I dont want to stain the wall and I don't want to feel guilty.

evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

So guys, am I normal? Do I need to see a doctor or a psychologist?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Ombre(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by alasan007(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2020
Being soft hearted or being considerate doesn’t make you weak bro you r normal but to some people you r weak cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by GeneralPula: 9:47pm On May 14, 2020
Let them Chop your face like 4-5 times, you'll Man up no worry. sad

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by TSBO: 9:47pm On May 14, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
Don't feel alone as a handful of people might probably be in your shoes.
Having a "soft/tender" heart won't be considered a crime.

Had a bae that couldn't hurt a mosquito, despite spending endlessly on anti-malaria pills.

ManOfSteel will advice you extend that "brotherly love" when next you are confined with a Rattlesnake.

grin grin grin grin grin Hilarious

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by HolyTitus(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2020
Wetin be psychiatrist job for this again. Nothing do you my brother - you're very sane and sound; stop looking for what is not lost. Ire oo..

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 14, 2020
You're not too soft brother. You're just you! That's your configuration. The problem is that you think there's a problem when there isn't. If I could get a lil softer I'd be happy. But here I am hard hearted as rock. We all have our individual configurations. Don't let society tell you what is strong and what is soft.

To me seff, you strong. It takes a strong man to have d kind of heart you do. What you have is precious, don't let the world take it away from you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by MGeey(f): 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
You are not soft. You're just compassionate and sympathetic. My husband can't kill a goat too even chicken. He gets sad and moody if i beat any of our children.

But try gather small strength kill the wall gecko grin

7 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Badlimo(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
This one is strong .....lol
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by dyfaze: 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
Lol..Soft indeed. . The 95kg lady you smashed on bed will be like. ...

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by drLammy(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
That's how one bird built it's nest beside my window I always wanna chase it but sometimes I dey pity am till I noticed recently the bird has given birth and I just had to leave them..Even when the mother will go out and maybe find food...lol..the little bird wud just be there waiting.. but now they have both left sha
And sometimes I dey miss the sighting recently... I hope they are good wherever them go sha... Lol

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
longetivity:
are you soft in bed also??
What did I just read

1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 14, 2020
J
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Eniolakiite(f): 9:49pm On May 14, 2020
grin grin

ManOfSteel2:
Don't feel alone as a handful of people might probably be in your shoes.
Having a "soft/tender" heart won't be considered a crime.

Had a bae that couldn't hurt a mosquito, despite spending endlessly on anti-malaria pills.

ManOfSteel will advice you extend that "brotherly love" when next you are confined with a Rattlesnake.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by AceRoyal: 9:49pm On May 14, 2020
You're very normal, it shows you got a functioning heart and conscience with great empathy. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DropsMic(m): 9:49pm On May 14, 2020
Hmm.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by jericco1(m): 9:49pm On May 14, 2020
Is that your definition of being soft? Well I am disappointed in you! So you think killing animals will make you feel strong or manly? You need to have your mind re-evaluated undecided

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by money121(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mgada1(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2020
Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

Lol,So a herdmen are tagged Killers in Nigeria?

Dangote trucks are also highway killers ko?

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Asadujames202(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2020
Na your type dey wash woman pants and bras

Cut off ya di**k and trow it away
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by mauchiz: 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
You need the Holy ghost, He will give you spirit of boldness. When this pandemic is over, I advise you go for deliverance in any mountain of fire around you, after the fire prayers, you will change. The inner man will receive strength, you will be fine, don't worry about it, is not an issue.
With God nothing can be impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by friendl: 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
There is nothing wrong with you ,....me l can't even kill cockroach , doesn't make you any less of a man

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.