Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,484 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:23 PM

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (50177 Views)

Why Is It That Nairalanders Think I'm The Worst Liar? / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / I Think I'm In Trouble In My Compound..Nairalanders Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mikelarteta(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2020
teeteelahyor:

Since you think it's not that bad,why aren't you partaking in it then

Because it’s just not my thing, I could be doing something worst than that who knows.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2020
ghettochild:

Wearing pink means u r gay
Yall shd stop this rubbish n not pass this idea to the lil generation...
Pink is colorful n sexy... I love pink n ain't anywhere near being gay.. Infact I love toto too much
RealMrNigerD:

Bro, don't let people like MrBrownJay1 throw you off. I was just like you when I was a kid, can't watch animals being killed. I still have some of those traits but I think the balance is I can do it if there is a necessity but will naturally avoid any form of cold-blood. I even feel for ants, can't kill them. But everyone knows I'm a really tough disciplinarian on any under my authority.

Now all these don't make you less of a man. Manliness should always be measured by your positive contributions to your world. Your ability to conquer the real challenges of life.
Even the brute men of force will end up calling you sir though you're soft inside because you make things work.
phockallmods:

You have spent all your years on nairaland gay trolling people. Not everyone Bleep men butthole like you, you sick faggotic element

i can see my post hurts a few of you... let me be clear on something: i make fun of everybody, and if you guys have a problem with that, so be it... but just because people "may" be gay, does not warrant for some kind pass where we can not make fun of you people. just like we may make fun of straight people, Chinese people or dumbaasses, we certainly shouldnt leave gays out the mix.

its called LIFE... man the fukc up!
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by ghettochild(m): 12:31am On May 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i can see my post hurts a few of you... let me be clear on something: i make fun of everybody, and if you guys have a problem with that, so be it... but just because people "may" be gay, does not warrant for some kind pass where we can not make fun of you people. just like we may make fun of straight people, Chinese people or dumbaasses, we certainly shouldnt leave gays out the mix.

its called LIFE... man the fukc up!
You my brother is a big mumu.. Keep making fun ok
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by penitential(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2020
Mamajazzzzzzzz of life. � � �
mamajaz:
@OP, I think you're normal but not just meant for naija soil.

Two days ago, I had a training somewhere in my trust, so, because of social distancing we were 4 learners in a room, our trainer was the 5th person. I happened to be the only black shaaa. Before we started I saw a bee singing at my back, I picked a clinel wipe, used it to gently hook it to a corner and pressed it, killed it and binned it.

We continued our training, to my amazement, another bee came in, the lady next to me used her book to just direct the thing to the window, and away it flew, then, came another bigger one, and the only man among us, went there with his jotter, and marched this thing away. I was now telling them it can sting, the others agreed, but chorused in one voice that oh, yeah, but not as horrible as wasps. I just dey laf in mai mind. Come to naija oohhh, our culture go shock all of una.
When a tiny bird sat on the roof at a distance, they called themselves and started saying how beautiful the poor thing was. Interestingly, these things too don't fear them, they relax and everybody lives together happily.

So, I wouldn't blame you brother. Some people were framed the way you're. My younger brother can't kill chickens too, the day my mummy asked me to kill one, she blamed herself, because, as I put knife and the thing flew its feathers, I threw the knife away and ran away, the cock started rolling the bloodied neck in the sand, momsy was angry kwa, she had to call a neighbour to help her.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Larcardii(f): 9:52am On May 16, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

So guys, am I normal? Do I need to see a doctor or a psychologist?
u are a sweet guy...u need a hug kiss
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Papadoh(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2020
Psoul:

Running away from such scene and standing against it or saving someone from such a scene are different things.

The scenario I gave earlier is when u face such a situation where u will need to inflict wound or stand face to face against someone ready to inflict wound to you and your household.

It's easy to run away when your the only one involved, but what if you must stand to save your family. With this kind of soft heart, can you still stand?
Who said anything about running away? I've never run away from a fight in my life and i also make it a point never to go looking for one. The point i was trying to make is that just because a guy has never killed a chicken doesn't mean he isn't man enough to retaliate when challenge... and i'm not soft-hearted (far from it), no one close to me would ever in a million years label me as soft.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Omoluabi16(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2020
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy fear fear grin

You have a point. That the OP can't kill a chicken doesn't make him less human.

I'm with you on the blood thing. Still makes me shiver. cry cry

Emi General brave. Na me you dey yab abi? You're not afraiding. angry
Blood isn't a pretty sight to behold, that's why I wonder why people kill others without a thought. The callousness.
I trust you're having a splendid weekend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by VickyRotex(f): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:

Emi General brave. Na me you dey yab abi? You're not afraiding. angry
Blood isn't a pretty sight to behold, that's why I wonder why people kill others without a thought. The callousness.
I trust you're having a splendid weekend?

Oshheyyy general brave cheesy grin oya dont be "annoyded" undecided

I honestly don't understand too. But the heart of man is desperately wicked anyways.

My weekend is going well. Thank God. Except for the rain that's going to linger till Tuesday. Huh! cry

Hope you're having a great one too!
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 16, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

The only thing wrong here is your definition of soft. Redefined it, you've got it all wrong, you are squeamish, meaning you don't like the sight of blood, or incidences involving blood or hurt.

I am squeamish too, killed my first Chicken at 25 yrs old, I hate seeing blood, doesn't stop me from getting in a fight or anything.

�I killed my first Chicken for the first time cause there was no one around to do it for me, and I must chop chicken Bros.

You're not soft, you're a full fledged man, own it, nothing is wrong with you.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Omoluabi16(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2020
VickyRotex:

Oshheyyy general brave cheesy grin oya dont be "annoyded" undecided

I honestly don't understand too. But the heart of man is desperately wicked anyways.

My weekend is going well. Thank God. Except for the rain that's going to linger till Tuesday. Huh! cry

Hope you're having a great one too!
Thanks dear! Good your weekend's going great. Rain? you're still there abi.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by VickyRotex(f): 12:06am On May 17, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Thanks dear! Good your weekend's going great. Rain? you're still there abi.

Thanks. lol yea I'm still there grin

Yes o, rain. Trust me, we will take the rain over the kind of weather we've experienced in the past few months. embarassed
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Maccoy1(m): 2:39am On May 17, 2020
GUY grin grin grin HABA NA. is there anything hard in drilling grin
davillian:

You don't have mercy on bed ?
When digging or drilling someone's child
Don't you think if it was your ass someone was drilling without mercy....
I suspect cooked up stories...
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Psoul(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2020
Papadoh:
Who said anything about running away? I've never run away from a fight in my life and i also make it a point never to go looking for one. The point i was trying to make is that just because a guy has never killed a chicken doesn't mean he isn't man enough to retaliate when challenge... and i'm not soft-hearted (far from it), no one close to me would ever in a million years label me as soft

Oga, you're just contradicting urslf up and down. Check the heading of ur thread. It says that u think you are TOO SOFT for the man you are. Now you are arguing wt me that you are not soft hearted. What a contradiction.

You also told us that can't kill a chicken, can't kill a goat and even wall gecko that is embarrassing u in ur room. You also said u can't even chase away birds making nest in ur house. You can't stand seeing blood.

When u want to kill all these, you'll either think wat if it's you trying to cross road and Dangote truck crushed u or Boko boys captured u.

With the above I told you u may find it difficult to defend ur family in face of danger that may require taking up arms or even inflicting wounds to save urself and ur family.

Now, you are telling me you can fight very well and that u are not soft heart.
Me, I no understand again oo.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DabFrankNG: 10:40am On May 17, 2020
I can kill a chicken but can't stand seeing a goat/cow slaughtered as the neck is thick like a human's so it makes me feel I'm the one being slaughtered.

I can kill any other thing.

Also, I can't bear to see human blood in large quantity as it could leave me traumatized.

OP you need to grow some nerve. Google could help.

I sell/lease industrial and residential properties in Ota-.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Papadoh(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2020
Psoul:

You also told us that can't kill a chicken, can't kill a goat and even wall gecko that is embarrassing u in ur room. You also said u can't even chase away birds making nest in ur house. You can't stand seeing blood.

Yeah i think you're mistaking me for the op, I wouldn't kill a chicken(there's a difference between choosing not to do something and being incapable of doing something), same goes for the goat, i'd chase out the wall gecko (i'd crush if it bother me too much), i'd chase away the birds so fast their heads would spin.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Psoul(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Papadoh:
Yeah i think you're mistaking me for the op, I wouldn't kill a chicken(there's a difference between choosing not to do something and being incapable of doing something), same goes for the goat, i'd chase out the wall gecko (i'd crush if it bother me too much), i'd chase away the birds so fast their heads would spin.

Yeah... Sorry bro for the mix up. I mistook you for the OP. You have a different case from his. Peace bro.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Papadoh(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2020
Psoul:

Yeah... Sorry bro for the mix up. I mistook you for the OP. You have a different case from his. Peace bro.
It's cool, we're all good.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by mamajaz(f): 5:11am On May 18, 2020
penitential:

Tuale!!! Airewu losan. E ku itoju ogbeni oke Aso rock.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Psoul(m): 6:40am On May 18, 2020
Papadoh:
It's cool, we're all good.

Great : cheesy cheesy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Efiko(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2020
Let me ask you, are you also too soft when it comes to interpersonal relationships especially in business. Do you take poo from all people especially people who will push you to the wall and even spit on your face?

If your answer is a Big No then probably you are an undiscovered animal right activist!.

But how can you be an animal right activist when you still consume animal flesh? Guess you have to become a vegetarian or else become a Nigerian version of Animal Right Activist that advocates for the rights of animals while still consuming their flesh grin

evansjeff:

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by mamajaz(f): 5:09pm On May 29, 2020
penitential:

Eeyan Pataki...
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by penitential(m): 7:04am On May 30, 2020
Tuale!!!!!!!!!!
How that side now ?
mamajaz:

Eeyan Pataki...
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by mamajaz(f): 2:29pm On May 30, 2020
penitential:
Tuale!!!!!!!!!!
How that side now ?

Pure!!
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by spenzo47: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2020
This means that you are a good person.... I'm sure this was what God had in mind for all but for the devil..... Don't let anyone change or spoil ur golden heart.... We need more people like you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

An Overloaded Motocycle (photos) / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here / 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.