Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (50251 Views)

Why Is It That Nairalanders Think I'm The Worst Liar? / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / I Think I'm In Trouble In My Compound..Nairalanders Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by ostarlink: 5:41am On May 15, 2020
I actually share exactly 1, 2 and 3 attributes with you. I have come to accept myself the ways I am. I a, not bothered about that. God never made all of us to be the same.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 6:00am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

So guys, am I normal? Do I need to see a doctor or a psychologist?

Psychologist might help you discover yourself. You have phobia for blood.

It is normal and you are not alone. It is a good thing you know you have phobia. But the question is, are you willing to damn the consequences to change this like I did?

If yes, reply and I will tell you what to do. It might come with nightmares, but I will go away with time.

You nor play atakara play when you small. But you go need visit mortuary and see dedi bodi web fresh. Especially those accident victims. You see say nothing dey there. Cos las las, everybody na bush meat.

Just say, humans na bush meat wen go school. grin
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by AmunaNo1: 6:13am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

You are not weak. You simply realize on a subconscious level that all living things are one with non greater than the other. You may become a vegetarian soon. Congrats.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Xanderlex: 6:32am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

You are not out of place to dislike animal cruelty. People are wired differently. That doesn't mean you are soft. I for one hate been present when an animal I would eat is being killed. I will lose appetite immediately.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Onlyonebuhari: 6:37am On May 15, 2020
That's what is expected of everyone....Islam says InnaLlah kataba l hisan ala kulli shayn
indeed Allah enjoin you to be good or show mercy to all creatures.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by currentbrands(m): 6:48am On May 15, 2020
Iru wahala wo leleyi?

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by frozen70(f): 7:14am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

You are normal

There is nothing wrong with you

If you can kill a mosquito then
Start by using brooms to kill cockroaches, Wall geckoes and those in house pests

Your wife can't do that for you
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Omoluabi16(m): 7:15am On May 15, 2020
VickyRotex:

In bold: What? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So na only bad people dey kill chicken? angry angry
Na valid question now? What if e peck me with that very strong beak? My threshold for pain na zsero self grin

No be only bad person dey kill chicken. I just think he's trying to wear the shoes of others before certain actions makes him a good person.
I remember in my secondary school days, if two mates want to fight I'll excuse them for fear of seeing bloody or swollen faces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by majormofor(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

Basically it's how you grew up... Look for the cause and fight it... Talk to someone that knows how to solve this kind problem but majorly it's ur childhood experience that should be causing this
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Futurejoy(f): 7:21am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

I am just that way, I can’t kill nada even with a gun to my head. I feel pity and all that , there are a lot of us.The day I saw an accident and the dead bodies I cried from Odukpani to Akwa ibom and I was in trauma. No need to see a Doctor for that,it’s absolutely normal every body doesn’t have to be hard
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mizzpat(f): 7:31am On May 15, 2020
Op, you're just like me.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by drezo(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2020
You're just one of those people who have read a few books and found a philosophy of life in your teens or twenties that values all forms of life which is just an European tactics to diminish and weaken the mindset of self défense in theirs and other populations of the world, so violence and force becomes a monopoly of the military controlled by the head of state, most white people knows this so they know how to be both gentlemen and how to be killers too, so in all, you ended up the fool because even the white man who taught you that, don't practice it... Not only does he defend himself, family and land, he even attacks to gain territory. grin cheesy grin you don't live in a peaceful world as civilization teaches, this world is full of chaos... If this is not what is wrong with you, then you're suffering from seeking perfection before God and Man, which is quite silly, because even God expects you to kill and eat and even sacrifice to him, you're obviously pampered but YOU overpampered yourself not your parents, because I know many rich kids who really grew up without their parents knowing. What you're simply telling us is that you can't defend yourself if need be and you won't and you want to know if it's normal.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Ladycewhy(f): 7:42am On May 15, 2020
I know a mean devilish sociopath who can't killl a chicken. undecided
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by drezo(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2020
You should know you're not in the best version of yourself by considering that majority of those who claim you're just like them are females whereas you claim to be a man? cheesy grin grin if they are like that, and you're like that too what is your chances of survival in an open confrontation or assault against your family.. it's ZERO bro.... cheesy
You are not living the best version of yourself... don't believe them. Did you not study biology in secondary school Did they not teach you how even lizards practice territoriality? How lions and other animals survive in the jungle? And how that relates to you too? Or have you not seen someone pointing a gun at someone in a movie before... Your behavior is good if there were no chaos or never will or if the world was never a jungle but imagine when even HEAVEN experience violence and you're on Earth expecting it to be calm and non violent cheesy grin grin start by working out and doing some exercises. I stop here...
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Khez: 8:28am On May 15, 2020
He defo does ���
MrBrownJay1:
let me guess: do you wear pink trousers and flowery shirts and/or scream like a woman when you see a needle before an injection... or better yet, do you drink coffee like the dude below?

[img]https://media1./images/a40657db5fa590afe3618ae571043d6f/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Ryocaj(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2020
If u av a military personnel as a friend.. tell him ur prob.. he will take u to the barracks to toughen u up.. if u don't av try making friends with one.. n also u need to start taking alcohol once in a while.. especially d local ones like Adonko, Akin Omo Akin, Bajinotu....
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by mekuso89(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.
then you ain't got no problems
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Palehair: 9:13am On May 15, 2020
OChimex:

No, you aren't normal.

You be mumu from birth. Na your kind their wife dey beat... Lol. joking

But on a more serious note, are you sure say you no be gay, because na gay dey behave like that...

Mr man you better start to man up or else, you might end up becoming a full blown woman inside.

T
That's quite a wrong assumption because I know of hypermasculine gay men that are 10 times more masculine than you. So in your book, all gay men are soft right? Using violence doesn't make one a strong man. Just suit up more
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by talk2aikay(m): 9:13am On May 15, 2020
You’re perfectly normal in my opinion.
By the way, when did having a sadistic thirst for killing animals and blood become a rite of passage for manhood?

I’m any case, you might want to speak with a professional to help you regain your confidence in yourself.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by khalids: 9:15am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

Bro there is nothing wrong with you, that is how God created you to be.....................lock up and live your life.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mile18(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2020
was just reading and laughing,this guy na comedian I swear.

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by SirMichael1: 9:22am On May 15, 2020
I can't kill a chicken too and I'm not less a man.
Concerning number 3, why don't you vacate your house so that the birds will occupy it?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by nwanyiugbo122(f): 9:24am On May 15, 2020
that person is you,that's how you are made,it can't change, you need to get a woman that get mind to complement you in carrying out duties of killing roaches and their likes.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Xclusiveme: 9:31am On May 15, 2020
You're normal bro. It was ur home bringing that made you that way. So don't justify yourself with these. Just be who you are, it doesn't matter to anybody but to you alone
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by shadrach77: 9:44am On May 15, 2020
CastingCrowns:
there is nothing wrong with u.. its just our African mentality that makes soft hearted men feel like losers... u are unique my dear.

Thank you! I was about to ask, when did being soft hearted become a bad thing?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by PattyMike(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

I believe I am street enough, I stubborn, I dey para, I dey kush, I dey drink. I fit wipe you stick but I no fit kill fowl, In fact in all my life I never have. I recently just overcame my fear of touching it self, even the baby fowl dey scare me sef. The most scary nah mama fowl wey just born, blood of God, I go just cross go the other side of road. I can't kill goat cus I can't cut it open, the worst is turkey those ones that use to swell up, serious phobia. Even big rat I hate, like all those bush rat wey dey enter compound. At the end it's not about being soft or not, it's just fear. Everyone feels fear, some just know how to hide it.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by VickyRotex(f): 9:48am On May 15, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Na valid question now? What if e peck me with that very strong beak? My threshold for pain na zsero self grin

No be only bad person dey kill chicken. I just think he's trying to wear the shoes of others before certain actions makes him a good person.
I remember in my secondary school days, if two mates want to fight I'll excuse them for fear of seeing bloody or swollen faces.

cheesy cheesy fear fear grin

You have a point. That the OP can't kill a chicken doesn't make him less human.

I'm with you on the blood thing. Still makes me shiver. cry cry
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by SirMichael1: 9:51am On May 15, 2020
shadrach77:

Thank you! I was about to ask, when did being soft hearted become a bad thing?
Being soft hearted isn't a crime but when I'll term it a crime is when you decide to kill a snake 'cause it posess threat to you. BE SOFT HEARTED, let the snake be.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Vivian16: 9:52am On May 15, 2020
some people are like that, me self I dey fear to even look at snake in pictures not to talk of watching any movie that has snake scene, as for cockroach I started killing it just recently but I am always careful to march on it gently so that the puss will not burst bc it irritates me and gives me goosepimples, wallgeckos are moving freely in my house I no fit kill them, even rat na insecticide I dey use. God go help me even for dream I dey fear those things.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:11am On May 15, 2020
longetivity:
are you soft in bed also??
Softness in that isn't allowed for a real man cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.
But you can eat goat meat and other meat Abi? Go and become a vegan abeg. Naa your type go like isi ewu pass cheesy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by wumi2017(f): 10:19am On May 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
let me guess: do you wear pink trousers and flowery shirts and/or scream like a woman when you see a needle before an injection... or better yet, do you drink coffee like the dude below?

[img]https://media1./images/a40657db5fa590afe3618ae571043d6f/tenor.gif[/img]

Walahi e gbadun ���

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.