Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? (2537 Views)

Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by xyzindustreet: 6:36pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Even animals express faith to a significant extent than men do.
Can u hear yourself? Do read that again!!
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On May 14, 2020
xyzindustreet:
Can u hear yourself? Read that again.
What part of EVERY MAN do you not understand?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

In as much as it is true that our government are dishing out reports of "audio covid-19 cases". let's not rule out the prevalent deaths amidst the political elites lately as well as the "mysterious death" that's ravaging some part of northern Nigeria. Covid-19 is out there. Figures might be over exaggerated though.

Government should carry out autopsy before concluding wbeey death is covid related . Firstly we have fake diagnosis going on ,secondly we have reports of faulty test equipments that can even label pawpaw covid-19 positive
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Even animals express faith to a significant extent than men do.

Faith in the word of God bu animals. Kindly show it from scripture
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On May 14, 2020
petra1:

Faith in the word of God bu animals. Kindly show it from scripture
Do animals have instincts? Just cause the Bible does not definitively speak of faith in the case of Animals, does not mean they don't have it. Afterall, God created them, or did he not? And since He is a faithful God, it is far-reaching to state that he built a piece of himself into all of his creation?? grin
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 4:01am On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Just cause the Bible does not definitively speak of faith in the case of Animals, does not mean they don't have it.

How can animals have faith ? Not even all men have faith

2 Thessalonians 3:2
. . for all men have not faith.

Do animals have instincts?

Even Plants have instinct. butt Faith is not instinct . Faith is a response to Gods word . It comes hearing Gods word .

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Nothing is being exaggerated...
Number of people who are infected are definitely a lot higher than the number of confirmed cases.

How do you know.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Environment? you make me laugh!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
You speak today of environment or health of the mother(physical, emotional and psychological), but do you know before all these cares of today, man has been birthing babies without much care given to those?
In history, babys have been birthed in even in shit-pits. grin cheesy grin

You clearly do not understand how these things work. I take you on this topic in a separate thread with scientific and historical proofs. Let's not derail this thread any further. We're here to discuss why Covid-19 Patients are not being allowed to be healed by the power of the Holy Ghost not A Comparative Analysis Infant Mortality Rates and it's causes throughout History. Shalom!
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:44pm On May 15, 2020
petra1:
Government should carry out autopsy before concluding wbeey death is covid related.

I heard they are conducting verbal autopsy in the Northern Part of the country. grin

Firstly we have fake diagnosis going on ,secondly we have reports of faulty test equipments that can even label pawpaw covid-19 positive

Very true. I'd just read Raymond Dokpesi saying that NCDC took malaria for Covid-19. grin
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On May 15, 2020
petra1:

How can animals have faith ? Not even all men have faith
2 Thessalonians 3:2
. . for all men have not faith.
But the same Paul of Tarsus wrote in one of his many letters that to all men have been given a measure of faith. Was Paul contradicting himself in his letter to the Thessalonians? Or have you conveniently taken that piece there out of context without realizing you cannot have two contrasting talks even from the same writer, and still consider his argument valid in any wise?
petra1:

Even Plants have instinct. butt Faith is not instinct . Faith is a response to Gods word . It comes hearing Gods word .
So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.

Does all faith come from hearing ALONE? Is that what Paul said or is that what you assume?
Jesus spoke of faith too. Did Jesus say that Faith comes from what is heard? Consider the case of the Centurion with the sick servant. What did Jesus suggest his faith came from? When Jesus' disciples asked him to increase their faith, did Jesus ask tell them that they would need to HEAR MORE in other to have more faith? No, faith does not come from hearing alone, my friend.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On May 15, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

You clearly do not understand how these things work. I take you on this topic in a separate thread with scientific and historical proofs. Let's not derail this thread any further. We're here to discuss why Covid-19 Patients are not being allowed to be healed by the power of the Holy Ghost not A Comparative Analysis Infant Mortality Rates and it's causes throughout History. Shalom!
Derail the thread? This thread center's around your understanding of what faith is, and how you understand it to mean another set of so-called "spiritualists" in the name of God should walk into the lions den, believing God will save them when they do even that which defies common sense(some people's idea of how faith works)?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Derail the thread? This thread center's around your understanding of what faith is, and how you understand it to mean
another set of so-called "spiritualists" in the name of God should walk into the lions den, believing God will save them when they do even that which defies common sense(some people's idea of how faith works)?

Need I remind you that you even derailed from talking about what faith is and took it to the subject of instinct? Faith is not action based on survival instinct, it is leap on the word of God. Faith is far beyond the realms of motivation and determination. These are things you simply don't want to hear but that doesn't it isn't the truth.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On May 15, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

Need I remind you that you even derailed from talking about what faith is and took it to the subject of instinct? Faith is not action based on survival instinct, it is leap on the word of God.
Nope, the subject is still on Faith. Our instincts are built in versions of Faith.... The topic has not changed at all.
Kenny4lyfe:

Faith is far beyond the realms of motivation and determination. These are things you simply don't want to hear but that doesn't it isn't the truth.
Now who is trying to derail the thread with ramblings that amount to nothing beyond the confines of his mind? undecided
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:44pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Nope, the subject is still on Faith. Our instincts are built in versions of Faith.... The topic has not changed at all.

Now who is trying to derail the thread with ramblings that amount to nothing beyond the confines of his mind? undecided

You're wrong @boldened. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."- Romans 10:17, "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost"- Jude 1:20
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On May 15, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

You're wrong @boldened. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."- Romans 10:17, "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost"- Jude 1:20
You Paulians are a scary kind of people... Paul never said hearing was the only way that you obtain faith.

Jesus talked about faith too, you know. When His disciples asked him to increase their faith, He never did tell them they would need to listen to the word of God for that to happen. Neither did he tell them to pray more? You should read up on the parable that followed this request of theirs. Would paul's testimony of his walk contradict that of Jesus'? Or would this all amount to a problem with your understanding of what was written? undecided undecided undecided
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by vickydankal(f): 7:16pm On May 15, 2020
Op God bless you, I’m happy that this is happening other places outside Abia. Because we had the same reply as you had.

At a point we started doubting if of a truth we have such cases in Abia. I believe there’s covid19 in Nigeria I also believe it is more political than what we are told. I pray God will heal everyone who had contracted this virus in Jesus name .

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

But the same Paul of Tarsus wrote in one of his many letters that to all men have been given a measure of faith

That has to do with believers , he was talking to Christian community . More like God has given to every man among us measure of faith . You have to have the word of God first to have faith in God

Consider the case of the Centurion with the sick servant. What did Jesus suggest his faith came from?

The centurion already heard the testimonies of Jesus . That’s why he came .He was rather exercising faith which has come to him by hearing

When Jesus' disciples asked him to increase their faith, did Jesus ask tell them that they would need to HEAR MORE in other to have more faith? No, faith does not come from hearing alone, my friend.

That’s what they said but did Jesus agree with them.? . They already have the word rather need to be strong in what word they heard
Foundation for faith in God is his word

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
xyzindustreet:
Can u hear yourself? Do read that again!!

I can't even begin to express my shock grin
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Do animals have instincts? Just cause the Bible does not definitively speak of faith in the case of Animals, does not mean they don't have it. Afterall, God created them, or did he not? And since He is a faithful God, it is far-reaching to state that he built a piece of himself into all of his creation?? grin

Were animals created in the image and likeness of God? undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 8:33pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You Paulians are a scary kind of people... Paul never said hearing was the only way that you obtain faith.

Jesus talked about faith too, you know. When His disciples asked him to increase their faith, He never did tell them they would need to listen to the word of God for that to happen. Neither did he tell them to pray more? You should read up on the parable that followed this request of theirs. Would paul's testimony of his walk contradict that of Jesus'? Or would this all amount to a problem with your understanding of what was written? undecided undecided undecided

What did Jesus tell them?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On May 15, 2020
Gombs:

Were animals created in the image and likeness of God? undecided
Do animals need to be created in the image and likeness of God for this to be so? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Where does that idea come from?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On May 15, 2020
Gombs:

What did Jesus tell them?
You are meant to do your research, and possibly learn of it, if you did not know of this before now. undecided
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 4:09am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Do animals need to be created in the image and likeness of God for this to be so? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Where does that idea come from?

God's a faith God. Man was created to be like him and function like him.

Animals weren't. So, Yes, animals needed to be created thus for it to be so.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 4:09am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You are meant to do your research, and possibly learn of it, if you did not know of this before now. undecided

Simply answer. What did Jesus say to them?
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On May 16, 2020
Gombs:

God's a faith God. Man was created to be like him and function like him.
Animals weren't. So, Yes, animals needed to be treated thus for it to be so.
God is faithful, yes. He created Animals and declared them good. He then created man, and also declared him good. Nothing , absolutely nothing in there suggests to you, or I, that man was created to have faith but animals were not. Get your facts right abeg!
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 6:15am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God is faithful, yes. He created Animals and declared them good. He then created man, and also declared him good. Nothing , absolutely nothing in there suggests to you, or I, that man was created to have faith but animals were not. Get your facts right abeg!

You're not answering my questions.

Now, let me ask again

We're animals created in the image and likeness of God?

A yes or no would be just fine! Thanks.

Then.. Also, what did Jesus answer his disciples.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:26am On May 16, 2020
Gombs:

You're not answering my questions. Now, let me ask again . We're animals created in the image and likeness of God?
A yes or no would be just fine! Thanks. Then.. Also, what did Jesus answer his disciples.
We are animals created in the image and likeness of God?
Kobojunkie:

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Gombs(m): 6:31am On May 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

We are animals created in the image and likeness of God?

Wrong.

Go read Genesis again.

Animals were created on a separate day from when man was created.

Man is the only one created in the image and likeness of God.

Thank you!
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On May 16, 2020
Gombs:
Wrong. Go read Genesis again.
Animals were created on a separate day from when man was created.
Thank you!
I think you should go back and read your own post, and then re-read the responses.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2020
Gombs:

Thank you!

God exercise faith
Man exercise faith
Animals cant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by triplechoice(m): 12:28pm On May 16, 2020
Anyone going to an isolation centre to pray for quarantined patient is not only ignorant but also behaving irresponsibly.

There is a reason that place is called an isolation centre

If you're not a medical personel or have been quarantined due to the virus, then you're expected to stay clear of that environment so that you don't pick up the virus in anyway and after leaving there spread it among innocent victims

People should learn to apply common sense while trying to exercise faith.
Re: COVID-19: Why Are Patients Not Allowed To Be Prayed For? by petra1(m): 12:31pm On May 16, 2020
triplechoice:
Anyone going to an isolation centre to pray for quarantined patient is not only ignorant but also behaving irresponsibly.

There is a reason that place is called an isolation centre

Tell that to jesus . Leapers were in isolation in the bible days also.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benefits Of Scent Leave To Your Spiritual Life.... / Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? / Did Allah Curse Muhammad ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.