Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80157 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Barristter07: 7:56pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life
While I do not support his raising his hands on her , She was comparing him with other men, Can you take it if your man compare you with other more Beautiful ladies ? think about that, before you speak from both sides of your mouth

7 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by howmarket2: 7:56pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

It's good know that you work but if you're generous with her and your kid she won't insist that you should hustle for more. I don't want to believe that she's a wicked person as you paint her to be. It's because you're not giving enough and she's probably finding it hard to continue keeping quiet. Most women want their husbands around the house not outdoors all the time unless he's not doing enough financially. Let her also work to cater for her needs too but if you're the stingy type also try adjusting. Stop cautioning with your hands, she's not a Goat
let me ask you.what can a family man do with 100k.also mind you.he might be earning 80k and just spicing things up here . With 100k and a wife and a daughter also some family members or some side chicks.its hard not to be stingy.all I can say is that he should politicise it.he should get a slogan.just like my father will always say.when money comes we shall all beeeeee happyyyyyy.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by doctor306(m): 7:56pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
Dumb response , you replied for d likes and not as a man .
Explain till the last kobo of how you spent ur income, unreserved apology kill you there , yea you dont raise ur hands on a lady but when you eventually do you
Let her see reasons why she shouldn’t be foolish not unreserved apology like she was right in d first place .

If my wife is not productive she’ll seat at home or find a salary job . Dont speak like its his duty to find her a job she didnt find his ...
Remember its all about equality men and women are equal
Irani

13 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Titugirl(f): 7:57pm On May 20, 2020
Been reading a lot about marital challenges here lately

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 20, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Still on “STRUGGLE LOVE”! cheesy

A thread with a “bemoaning, god-fearing husband las las. cheesy

Callotti the Callo cheesy wink

Chai I don miss you o. How na grin
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by apexc8813: 7:58pm On May 20, 2020
[color=#] 802658[/color]
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Otiv: 7:58pm On May 20, 2020
Bro, no matter what your wife does, walk away. Take your car keys and go out or just leave the house at that point , trust me. By the time you are back home ,your anger would have subsided.

2. What kind of friends does she keep ? Or does she spend a lot of time on social media rather than family and God? These are some of the sources of sudden flamboyance from women . You need to sit your wife down and talk to her lovingly . Also, the two of you need to spend more time with God. Divorce is a lot of pain , don't do anything stupid because so-called men of God divorce , you're not them o. Divorce never a way out as it leads to a lot of pain and regret. Sit down , talk and pray together . People will day I am stupid for this comment but that's the truth. God is still the one that can hold your household together . It is well.

quote author=ademidedavid post=89481343]It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by CrentB(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2020
Insatiable has taken over her
Check if there something apart from money
You are not giving her

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by maigemuu: 7:59pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

Growing up reminds of this popular program in NTA 7 ikanikeje..."Gboromiro"...

Nairaland don turn "Gboromiro"...

People bring all sorts of problems to this platform.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by AngelUhate: 8:00pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type

You are the man. Forget what that spineless single guy who is probably 23 or 24 is saying.

Some women need that brain resetting slap once in a while.

U did great. In fact we must drink to that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by awoo47: 8:01pm On May 20, 2020
Aplaudez:
The truth is you guys ain't understanding yourselves, if truly she's your wife and she's the mother of your daughter, create a very sweet environment, you can even take her out and sit her down and talk things out!

I'm not happy you couldn't caution yourself, what's done is done, please try to caution yourself next time!

God bless your family!
baba it's not movie ok
if money no dey marriage can't reach it's peak...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by OKTolu: 8:01pm On May 20, 2020
marriage is so complicated

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Emmytrill(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2020
With all what I have been reading online since this lockdown, I can't just help but thank God for my wife o. No troubles, we manage the little we have, drink garri when there is non and smile through it all. Baba God thank u!

9 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage is highly over-rated these days.

Enter at your own risk.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by pawn89(m): 8:02pm On May 20, 2020
This is surprising, honestly; you bring in 100k+ monthly into the family and also have a side hustle going on for you, your wife asks you to make more and you raised your hands on her ?

I think you need to apologize to your wife, that your wife is asking you to do some more hustling is not an act of disrespect, if anything, she wants you to succeed and to raise financial status of your own family.

Please do the needful, swallow your pride; she's your wife, and if she wants you to hustle more and you think you are out of ideas you can just as well ask her for inputs and for you to evaluate the ideas she brings in.

Behind every successful man, there's a woman; this is because, women are attracted to wealth and people with purpose, actionable plan and visions and can translate that purpose to wealth with some help from them.

Apologize to her, mend the broken wall and save your marriage

PS: If you get very upset, just take a walk, its therapeutic, I do it and by the time you return, everyone's emotion will be on check and tempers would have cooled down smiley

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Marshalemmy(m): 8:02pm On May 20, 2020
Judging this case in the court of critical reasoning, I am afraid to tell u that if u don't control this situation now, your marriage would head to the rocks in no distance time

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by TheRedpillguy: 8:02pm On May 20, 2020
Well, she has turn you into a slave .

My solution ? Chase her out now. Let her go make money and travel abroad .nonsense !

Marriage na scam. Una no go hear. Marriage na Scam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by verycheese: 8:02pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type

JuSt a slap at her back, I hope if she gives you Just a slap at the back of your flat head to caution you against Just slapping her, you won't run here with mucus in your nose crying that they beat you?? Answer me ó.

They are correcting you, instead to shut up and accept correction you are making excuses 'Im not the talking type yẹn yen' so not bn talking type = to slapping people?

But you have never slapped people in your office because you are not talking type? Adeke

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Naija246: 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
mumu, I for use plank break your head if you said this near me angry
Spineless man!
Shinny1:
Please apologize to her and promise her and yourself never to raise your hand on her again...make sure you don't tell her your total income again.. maybe divide it by 3 and tell her one part cos must times we might earn high but after all expenses and saves,you realize that the money is not as big as we think...
Tell her how you want her to cut away from her friends so as to face her marriage...cos they are impacting on her negatively...

10 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
What was she doing before he got married to her?? No man in his right senses will marry a liability as a wife.

My VERDICT

Op's wife got a bad influence from her fellow married friends whose husbands have been spending lavishly on them. I guess they have been encouraging her to join the league. the wife is not patient and can as well cheat on her husband.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ugofulfilled(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

Oga keep quiet if you do not have anything meaningful to say? Males like you is the reason why women assume and arrogate undue powers to themselves. OP I don't support hitting a woman but why I won't blame you is that we all are human and we err esp in situations such as this. You said her her recent attitude is recent; right? The truth is that your wife has been going out with other women who flaunt and entice her with flamboyancy. This I tell you honestly is the reason behind her recent behaviours. And funny enough none of those women are being honest to her. They deceitfully claim their husbands give them huge sums for grocery meanwhile it is all a lie.

As an engineer, if you must stop an erosion from further devastating an environment, you must tackle it from the base of the erosion. Also true is as engineer, we build to last. Divorce or break up is a no no for you. Listen to me: you can handle the situation. Find a way to stop her from meeting the people she is currently meeting for at least 2weeks. I'm not saying you should restrict her movement. No emphasis is on try to break her from her current new negative influence. Her problem is just a case of influence. May the Lord bless your union and home

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Skepticus: 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
Titi03:

How old is your wife coz I don't understand this childish mentality.

Its 2020! do people still believe everything others post or "show off" on social media?

Is like you don't know the fish-brained thinking of women. Both young and old undecided

7 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by yomi007k(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
Bola146:
O ga o, let her know your worth, and always stand on how you manage your expenses. She is physically okay, let her go and work harder so that she can lavish it anyhow sad . I don't know why some women no get sense undecided

Bola o...I dey gbadun you everytime. You get sense. wink

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Petlowalex(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
She's far gone from that relationship, but keep trying your best. I wish I could share my Boss story with you

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Charly68: 8:04pm On May 20, 2020
Why beating her when there are many ways of killing the bird without shedding the blood. You must have married a nagging woman. Better still nobody counselled both of you before marriage I think. You must let her know the reality that the woman you married have changed . She knows your worth before you married so what nonsense is she talking now. You may have to stand your feet down to cut her off from some bad friends that are influencing her life. The effect of outside influence is what you are seeing. Get firm and be in charge please .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2020
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say, if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks. I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.

If she want to live flamboyant, then let her make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round, if she doesn't seem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff.Cheers
Thank you for speaking my language....I hate bullsh*t....

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by History555: 8:04pm On May 20, 2020
Op, my wife tried such stunt with me, that see emeka is rich, he flies to and fro with his wife and kids.
i told her neva to repeat such nonsense to my ears. That the next time she does so i will kick her out of my house so that she can go and marry emeka.
Secondly i told her to go and work for her money that she's a liability and i hate liabilities. Afterall there are millions of women working abi she get she fine pass them.
But trust women she repeated it again and i gave it back to her that chika is a woman like her yet is working, earning money and not a liability she should go and find work.
This is a woman i hve never asked for a dime during dating and being married. Since then she has not tried it.
Op, in marriage dont take nonsense from your wife, taking and swallowing insult is not a sign of maturity but mumurity.
Another example during an argument my wife said she regrets getting married to me, i replied i regret marrying her too. Should we file for divorce she kept quiet.
Ooooop man up you are the king in the marriage not your wife. No time 4 nonsense

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Harmlesspill(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2020
Oluneutral:

Do you realize she's an adult?

The truth is that if she's not willing and ready to change her circle of friends, it is beyond what the husband can do, except if he wants to violently achieve that, which is not advisable.

Change comes from within.
Now listen!!!
If she can't be submissive,,, there's no meaning getting married.
If she's too big to respect the husband then they should quit the marriage.
Your kind of advice is what gives them strong wings to misbehave in their various homes.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

I was enjoying your comment until you asked him to declare 2 out of his 3 means of income.

Marriage built on lies and deception always ends in tears

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 20, 2020
Maybe she just watched a film stressing the importance of money or she just made new friends who are able to convince her in living extravagantly.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Realdeals(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2020
Some people are meant to learn the hard way, I don't know why couples should be afraid of divorce, it could be the best solution to most relationship crisis.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.