Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:30 PM

COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) (5386 Views)

Nkem Chukwumobi: Apams Wife Celebrates Billionaire Funeral Undertaker At 53 / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Mohammed Sani Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by kingreign(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2020
stagger:
Carelessness.

They should have packed up everything and wrapped them up with cellophane, then spray an antifungal on the wraps and stored in a dry place. Everything has to be destroyed.

Also, camphor and some silicon stones could had prevented this.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by konkonbilo(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2020
Na to clean them.. This kind thing de happen to my shoes well.. I go just look for rag clean am n give aboki make e polish am and e become normal again

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by oluwaseyi0: 7:05am On May 13, 2020
That means if I buy their shoes leave it for two months or so the shoe will become bad or expire?
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by pesty100(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2020
konkonbilo:
Na to clean them.. This kind thing de happen to my shoes well.. I go just look for rag clean am n give aboki make e polish am and e become normal again
thank you jare. Nothing spoil na all they just have to do is polish the leather
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by SweetOlive(f): 7:39am On May 13, 2020
Whoa!
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by crackhouse(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2020
Fowl nyash don open. Fake leather.
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by SirLiquidGold: 10:03am On May 13, 2020
This is what the yoruba call
Gbesee
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by chubinwa(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2020
I presume the rate of cold induced the deterioration of those materials
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by RenaissanceGuy: 11:02am On May 13, 2020
Unless the leathers are fake, there's no cause for alarm. What they need is cleaning and polishing and everything will be back to normal. I wonder why most commenting here are already concluding they are irredeemable.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by JentuPrinz(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2020
Make naija boiz enter here na
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by VickyRotex(f): 12:07pm On May 13, 2020
Explorers:

Been a while sis.

Yes sir. Trust you're doing well, and family too?

Stay safe.
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by kevoh(m): 12:32pm On May 13, 2020
I fail to see how this is a loss. It's just mold not tear or wear. They will just clean it off and polish the ones that need polishing. The store will be back to normal in no time.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by phenzy(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2020
Make them dust everything abeg
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by NiklauseFred(m): 1:24pm On May 13, 2020
I think it was caused by cold;maybe the air conditioner was left on so that the store will remain cool but the worst came.
Smh even if the place was left without air conditioner the leathers will peal and crack dur to heat.So lets blame the lose on POOR MANAGEMENT.
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by PlaysNigeria: 2:06pm On May 13, 2020
OMG!
Cleaning would do it, but not if longer as the fungi would weaken the leather.
I have a bag that's always like this after long use, I just clean it an expose it to heat.

Sign of genuine leather wink
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Damfostopper(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2020
las las.... dem go shift am come Nigeria na
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Fajoe2020: 2:31pm On May 13, 2020
If they are made of original leather, no cause for alarm, you just clean it up, everything will be new again. O K level.
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Tolani0167(m): 4:02pm On May 13, 2020
Covid don catch the store. Pls fumigate before you send them to your dumping ground, sorry Africa
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by cybriz82(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2020
SeverusSnape:
What a waste!.
See fine fine leather shoes.

Some didn't get effected..check d 2nd pic n look at d brown shoe..
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Ishilove: 5:48pm On May 13, 2020
I'm amazed the store keepers didn't notice the damp in the air.
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by somehow: 7:47pm On May 13, 2020
I hope they insured the business!
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On May 13, 2020
Wow, this is to show how much polluted the air they have been breathing is and this is super hazardous to health, they should be thankful for this and sure they will have insurance to take care of the damages - If they are renting the unit, the insurance of the landlord should be sued as well. But most importantly, the property owner needs to clear the air pipe of that building

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by RAPMAN02(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2020
Consistent air conditioning before the pandemic...
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Hausaboy239(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2020
Zontage:
Chai!

Somebody's investment.

What have Covid19 never done? I mean what?
E never kill you..u still dey breath
Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by RealMillennial(m): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Unless the leathers are fake, there's no cause for alarm. What they need is cleaning and polishing and everything will be back to normal. I wonder why most commenting here are already concluding they are irredeemable.

The simple science behind what happened seems to elude them. It's just moisture and microbes doing their thing. Natural leather is an organic material. So with slight moisture available, fungi will grow on it.

Dessicators could have helped and the shoes should have been wrapped.
Also, the type of finishing on the leather influences the process as well. That's why some look normal and some are entirely covered in mold.

Even with all that, nothing spoil. They'll clean it up and still sell.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Inside A Leatherwear Store After 53 Days Of Lockdown In Malaysia(Pics) by Chuukwudi(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2020
segzysexy:
This is a very huge loss to the owner.

Not when he has good insurance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bulk Order: ELM327 Bluetooth OBD V2.1 Car Diagnostic Scanner (20pcs+, #1500) / Who Got Dead Or Scrap Batteries For Sale??? / Learn Data Bundle Reselling With Less Than #800 Start Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.