Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers (288 Views)

Snail Farmers In Ibadan / Home For Snail Farmers Only. / I Need Help From Experienced Rice Farmers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers by rerhji(m): 12:07am On May 13, 2020
I started my snail farming a few weeks ago and barely two weeks after starting, I started recording mortalities. At first, I thought it was the termite that formed around the wooden part of the cage, I got rid of them and painted the wood with used engine oil. Two days after I found two more dead snails. Now their death follows a similar pattern;
at the first day of notice, they find it hard to come.
out of their shell properly (they might bring out the tentacles and not the whole body).
afterwards, they refuse to come out at all (probably dead but still fresh). three days after, they start decaying.
pls, what might be d cause and how do I control it. thanks
Re: Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers by aikfrank(m): 5:07am On May 13, 2020
Picture of your pen?
Re: Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers by rerhji(m): 5:11am On May 13, 2020
aikfrank:
Picture of your pen?
stocked with 70 point of lay

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers by rerhji(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2020
still awaiting reply
Re: Advice Needed From Experienced Snail Farmers by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 5:22am On May 14, 2020
Can you chart me up on WhatsApp 08120528950 or call me on 08136650972

Do you know that one of the enemy of snails is direct sunlight which result to heat,
Ant,flies
What do you feed them......
What is their feeding time table
Snails like very cool & Maoist environment
I hope you don't have a predator snail among your stock , one predator snail can kill all the rest
I need to ask you many questions to help you out

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To Become Digital Agricultural Hub In Nigeria By 2023 / Layers @ Point Of Lay Needed / 30 Tonnes Of Covered Body Truck Needed To Carry Tiles From Ajaokuta Kogi To Lago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.