Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 PM

FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada (27005 Views)

Attackers Murdered 200 Nigerians In January, Renamed ‘Conquered’ Plateau Village / FG Halts South-East Road Projects, Initiates Contract Review / FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Islie: 12:29pm On May 13, 2020
By Vincent Ikuomola,

The Federal Government has cancelled the planned evacuation of 200 stranded Nigerians from Canada, The Nation has learnt.

The 200 were billed for evacuation on Wednesday.

In a statement on Monday, the Nigeria High Commission in Canada stated that an arrangement had been concluded with a local airline for the airlifting of the pasaangers.

But the exercise has been cancelled following the Federal Government announcement that subsequent evacuation of stranded Nigerians abroad would be staggered due to lack of accommodation for the mandatory 14 -day isolation of returness.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama had on Monday said the Presidential Taskforce (PTF) on Covid-19 had reached its saturation point following the evacuation of 678 Nigerians from United Arab Emirate (UAE), United Kingdom (UK) and United States ((U.S) in the last one week.

He said further airlifting would have to wait until the current returnees in isolation centre are discharged.

He said the accommodation available to PTF was 600 coupled with medical advice against overstreaching the personnel at the isolation facilities.

Owing to these, the Federal Government announced the airlifting of Nigerians from Canada has been cancelled with a new date to be announced.

The cancellation was confirmed by the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Ferdinald Nwoye.

He said: “The planned evacuation has been cancelled with no new date to be announced.”

But for the cancellation, it said the plane would have picked the prospective passengers from two locations in Toronto and Alberta.

According to the flight schedule, the aircraft was expected to pick the first set from the Pearson International Airport, Toronto.

From there, it was to fly to the Calgary International Airport, Alberta, a distance of 2,915 km, to load the second set of passengers.

The aircraft was to depart Alberta for the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja where the evacuees would be moved into isolation for 14 days.

The one-way flight will cost each prospective evacuee between $1,130 (N452,000) and $2,000 (N800,000) depending on the class.

The special evacuation exercise began on Wednesday with the return of 265 Nigerians from the United Arab Emirates.

On Friday, 253 were brought back from the United Kingdom, followed by 160 from the United States on Sunday.

This brings to 678 the total number of Nigerians evacuated by the Federal Government so far.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-halts-evacuation-of-200-nigerians-from-canada/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by helinues: 12:30pm On May 13, 2020
But the exercise has been cancelled following the Federal Government announcement that subsequent evacuation of stranded Nigerians abroad would be staggered due to lack of accommodation for the mandatory 14 -day isolation of returness

Ordinary 200 people.. undecided undecided

22 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by kkkp: 12:34pm On May 13, 2020
helinues:

Ordinary 200 people.. undecided undecided
typical IPOB. Do you know how many people have been evacuated from various parts of the world

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by helinues: 12:38pm On May 13, 2020
kkkp:
typical IPOB. Do you know how many people have been evacuated from various parts of the world

Try and be creative instead of accusing innocent Ipob On this matter

Hian

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by PapaBaby: 12:42pm On May 13, 2020
kkkp:

Confusion amongst the enemies hahaha
Afon.. accusing another Afon..

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Ubykcee(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2020
Issokay undecided. But how much does it really cost the federal government to build more isolation centers and equip them. I think we can help

4 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2020
grin grin grin

What should we call the 420+ hospitals the Catholic Church donated, Tomb? What about Public University Campuses, It can’t be converted to isolation center ?

Nigeria Policticans will make you think there’s no God or Karma

12 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by murphyibiam15(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2020
Who send them message
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Perfecttouchade: 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Ok..na wa o..lack of place for isolation, can u imagines
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by PureGoldh(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Issoryt....Nigerians wey dey Canada wey wan enter dx country...I wonder wetin dey push em.

We once read here that Canadian government dey give her citizens ogbenge palliatives dx period.

I wonder why person go wan fall from frypan enter fire

11 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Slawormir: 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by LandOwners: 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Lack of isolation centres?
Build more make shift isolation centres for this purpose.

Meanwhile we are real estate professionals.... Contact us for genuine lands and houses in choice locations across Nigeria.
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Jestin: 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Me go back to Nigeria? Never ! We die here

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
This life, if na to loot money now, that's when u will see them. Just 200 Nigerians, that means it is finish. If buhari and his tovt cannot provide isolation for 200 Nigerians, then what else can u provide.
Let's say na 200 cows now, u will see his prick standing like iroko tree. Nothing gives him joy than cow

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by segebase(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2020
Ff
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by ForeThinker: 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
Lord, my heart and prayers go out to all those being affected by the Coronavirus. Bring healing and comfort to those who have fallen ill. May they be strengthened and brought back to full health.

Bless the hands and minds of those searching for a vaccine or cure. Give them success. Guide the leaders around the world that they be filled with wisdom to lead their countries out of this medical and financial crisis.

Thank you, Lord, that your love has been poured out in my heart by the Holy Spirit who lives in me. I declare that I am blessed, made whole and set apart for your use.

This is the day You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Father, You are wonderful and glorious and through You, I am able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I ask or think or even dare to imagine according to the power that works in me.

A thousand may fall at my side, ten thousand at my right hand, but nothing will harm me. In the name of Jesus, I thank You for keeping me safe! So Be It, Amen!

9 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by VillageHead: 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
make my leg touch dat country make I see wetin go carry me come back here!

3 Likes

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Drizzy5001(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
Inside the 200 people 170 go be Yoruba

1 Like

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by duro4chang(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
North or south east or west home is the best.
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by nairaman66(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
Yet the government can spend more than half a trillion Feeding ghost children in a day.

This government is the most corrupt entity on the surface of the earth!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Sundahjoe(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
Tower Aluminum product..
we can help you supply your Aluminum roofing sheets: long span and step tiles in range of 0.45, 0.5 and 0.55mm thickness and also we have Stone coated sheet too. we have one the best in quality and we don't compromise on our standard. Apart from help you with the supply, we can also install it for you, our brand is a household name and existing over years. our prices are fair among the rest.
for more enquiries or engagement contact 08101682211 or 08035914870
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Finnese001: 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
grin
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by olazy6(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
Fg can help them na.....build more equipped isolation centre.
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by okomile(f): 12:51pm On May 13, 2020
grin
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by StubbornGENIUS: 12:52pm On May 13, 2020
Are we supposed to tremble at this news or rejoice
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by FA13(m): 12:52pm On May 13, 2020
But this people will pay the isolation centre cost themselves.

How is it now hard to provide a place even if is average cost hotel?

The total cost should be made available to the evacuees and they can decide if they can afford it.

That way everyone get airlifted without unnecessary burden to the government.

That is what China did. Anyone coming in will be placed under compulsory isolation at designated centres with cost borne by each individual for 14 days.

1 Like

Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:52pm On May 13, 2020
what about Hotels? and hospitals the catholic church promised to donate?

foolish govt
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by mytime24(f): 12:52pm On May 13, 2020
Yawn
Re: FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada by Exc2000: 12:53pm On May 13, 2020
undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Will Not Participate In Idemili Election Rerun In / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.