Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

"Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN (56524 Views)

Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor / President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Otunba2004(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2020
Useless people can't you bring your own out instead of telling Nigerians to reject it
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by OmoOduduwa01: 2:43pm On May 13, 2020
What's their take on Bill Gate's vaccine? I need to know it before I can comment
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by rotadeco27: 2:46pm On May 13, 2020
This is how this people are giving doctors problem in the health sector. They are so unreasonable in their demands.
It is not untrue that research is poorly funded in Nigeria , but we can not address that in the face of a fatal pandemic like this .
Many home grown herbs producers have claimed to have remedy for the virus, but has not undergone any clinic trial to be sure they are safe for human consumption.
The one about to be imported is said to be potent , so it will be faster to subject it to standardization and subsequent consumption.
Government should listen and finance those people so that clinical trial of the herbs will commence, then we switch to our home made medications if potent against the virus.
We need cure to go back to Norma life on time !
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 13, 2020
where is your own local solution, useless body.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by DOnlooker(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2020
Lives are at stake here. The whole country's economy is at a standstill because of this covid-19 and these ones are here writing epistles and dragging rights.
If the federal government won't import the madagascar drug as a medicine abeg they should allow igbo guys to import it as energy drink or whatever, I'm sure millions of nigerians are ready to be drinking it daily with dinner.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by smartest2020(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2020
I hate long passage! Mtsw
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by fakati(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2020
Disgraceful, 174 universities bla bla bla
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by sweetkev(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2020
peterson02:
This long epistle don kill corona already
Una try
grin
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Bahamas95(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2020
I wonder why some people find it difficult to summarize. Na person wey chop belle full or dey less busy fit settle down read that epistle.

Anyways I have gotten the message from the topic..... I wan ask one question o.
If Madagascar government nor support this project e for dey possible? These mumu so-called leaders even get brains at all sef?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Joclebs(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2020
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by postnobill705(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2020
Now is time for fast action keep pride aside first

Nevetherless it is a shame for Nigerian government
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by JBL316: 2:58pm On May 13, 2020
izzy4shizzy:
this is totally unbelievable, u want the govt not to try its use because of your fragile ego? people are dying and all angles must be tried

this is just pure bad belle..

just because we are called Giant of Africa doesnt mean we own africa...

resist the temptation to play politics with peoples lives

I do not agree with ur conclusion.
Reason: Long before the Madagascar tonic came up, several persons including notable researchers, VIPs have come up with claims of cure or being cured by local remedies but the government was silent on such claims. At best saying such claims were unproven. The government did not as much as invite such persons to investigate their claims. Even as late as last week one of such is by Prof Iwu, who said despite all he has said the government has not said anything about his claims. Now the government is quick to indicate interest in a foreign local remedy.

So i do not think it is about bad belle, ego or giant as u mentioned.

Its about doing the needful. Doing the right thing. Its a about principle. It is about being truly independent.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Farki: 2:58pm On May 13, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
All to avail.
Haven't said this, the painful part is that FG will still go ahead to import the medicine from Madagascar.
Inferiority complex coupled with covetousness. smh

Modified:
Those saying otherwise should reason this, if Madagascar Government didn't supported (funded) the research, will there be anything as this?

This man does not have the right to call himself a doctor. angry
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by omohlexy: 2:59pm On May 13, 2020
And where have u guys been? All of a sudden una don sabi. Why not secretly treat some patients who will in turn give testimony? Scam people. Madagascar has disgraced you all. Ntoor!
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by porthouse7(f): 2:59pm On May 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nonsense. Pride goes before a fall. This is not the time to form giant of Africa or the real niggarrrs of Africa. We go do that one later after corona viruse don finish
Mehnnnnn! As at the time i open this thread na only the first comment i see
Before i type my own comment
Fast niggarrrz don occupy Every where

Too many real niggarrrz on Nairaland
Imagine almost about the first ten comments na the same time "1:59pm" and 2:00pm
I can bet my balls all these people nor dey use glo

G stop all Dis shit downgrade of glo network, glo can be very fast and reliable in some places, and with good phones
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Ayomiposi001: 3:01pm On May 13, 2020
Digitalstarlite:
We wud keep on having problems in dis country if we don't accept our own products...look at Germany, Japan and other country, dey are at d top...

NIGERIA WILL KEEP ON HAVING PROBLEMS AS LONG AS THEY KEEP ELECTING DULLARDS TO PILOT HER AFFAIRS.

OR HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A SCHOOL CERT APPOINTED AS THE CEO OF A COMPANY BEFORE?

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by mulerogold(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2020
Hmmmm... I can't believe i actually read this voluminous Novel.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Dorlarphor10: 3:03pm On May 13, 2020
You people need to understand the plight of these Union, it's not pride at all. FG didn't support or show interest in local products. A lot of them have carried out research on herbal medicine as potential cure for Covid-19, but they need approval and funds to carry on. But FG has turned a deaf ear to them. What's paining them is that what they can actually do here even more than Madagascar scientists FG has deprived them of doing it.

Note: If Government of Madagascar do not support those scientists they won't have come out with CVO

2 Likes

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by postnobill705(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2020
African men have been surviving on herbs since history..even before those discovery..

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by AsawanaDgreat: 3:08pm On May 13, 2020
We must buy it ��
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Mayeldah(m): 3:12pm On May 13, 2020
chieyine:
shocked shocked
Who go read all these long stories angry

Johesu including pharmacists should stop doing bad belle.
If Madagascar drug will cure us, the FG should import a trailer load of it.

Johesu should manufacture their own cure or shut the Bleep up grin

Read to understand and not to comment.

There are Nigerians who have claims to have Herbal medicines that can cure the COVID-19, they have approached the FG but no one is listening to them. Now we are running to Madagasca, if the Madagasca government had not listen to the Doctor that produced the drug and allow him have clinical trial in their country will the Africa be going there now?

How will you feel if you sell vehicles, but when your father wants to buy a car he goes elsewhere to buy the same car you sell?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Christmasdon(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2020
W.H.O NEVER APPROVED IT TO BE A CURE. W.H.O NEVER ACCEPTED IT TO BE A VACCINE OR CURE. SO LETS NOT TAKE THIS DRUG AS IT MAY CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS. IS MADAGASCAR BRAINY THAN THE WORLD SCIENTIST IN THE WORLD. WHAT IF U DRINK IT AND LATER CAUSE LIVER DAMAGE OR KIDNEY DISEASE.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2020
JBL316:

I do not agree with ur conclusion.
Reason: Long before the Madagascar tonic came up, several persons including notable researchers, VIPs have come up with claims of cure or being cured by local remedies but the government was silent on such claims. At best saying such claims were unproven. The government did not as much as invite such persons to investigate their claims. Even as late as last week one of such is by Prof Iwu, who said despite all he has said the government has not said anything about his claims. Now the government is quick to indicate interest in a foreign local remedy.

So i do not think it is about bad belle, ego or giant as u mentioned.

Its about doing the needful. Doing the right thing. Its a about principle. It is about being truly independent.

so would it be bad to try both cures? why discard one for the other? if both can work why not use it
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by seyilabi(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2020
[quote author=Roidatom post=89503573]FG should consider them, we can actually patronize the Naira in this time of dwindling FOREX reserves.

It's however unfortunate that we cannot even trust our own, which is reasonably so because of the many fake products we manufacture.

Nigeria, we need to get authentic, do things right so that our products can be acceptable. See how fast Madagascar's product became acceptable. We can be better. C'mon.

Wherever you find yourself as a Nigerian, get it right, do it right, so that we can trust ourselves and patronize ourselves and attract other nations to patronize us just like the way we are planning to patronize Madagascar ��.

Viva Nigeria.

P. S.
Congrats Prof. Gambari,
A lot of Nigerians are counting on you.
I just hope any of your loved ones get this Covid-19 so that you that you can wait for PCN drugs to cure the person because Forex for the country. Let's use what is available first or more people will die. Giant of Africa my foot.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by mukthar2000(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2020
But in a reaction yesterday, PSN rejected the plan to import
the herbal tonic from Madagascar, describing it as
“thoroughly disgraceful. ”President of PSN, Mazi Sam
Ohuabunwa, said the plan became disgraceful because:
•Nigeria has about 174 universities (43 federal, 52 state and
79 private); 20 faculties of pharmacy and about 69 Federal
Government-funded research institutes, including National
Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development
(NIPRD), Abuja and the National Institute for Medical
Research (NIMR),Yaba, Lagos while Madagascar has only
six universities, one faculty of pharmacy and nine research
centres.

Mr Nazi Sam, Nigeria and Economy was in a very seriously problems presently, for now keep all this ur story of disgraceful aside first for government to import the cov organic drink into Nigeria to save the innocent souls, that don't disturb u and and ur associations from going for ur own research. And keep number of university we are having compare to Madagascar aside to present ur own solutions to the problems
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by NaijaTogether: 3:19pm On May 13, 2020
If you're interested in making a difference in the fight against coronavirus, join us at naijatogether.com! �
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Christmasdon(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2020
WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS DRUG FROM MADAGASCAR. WHAT HAVE NIGERIAN EVER PRODUCED THAT HAVE MADE IMPACT. OH MINE. THIS IS THE TIME NIGERIANS SHOULD WAKE UP AND PUT OUR NAMES IN THE WORLD MAP FOR GOOD REASONS.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by JuanDeDios: 3:29pm On May 13, 2020
izzy4shizzy:
this is totally unbelievable, u want the govt not to try its use because of your fragile ego? people are dying and all angles must be tried

this is just pure bad belle..

just because we are called Giant of Africa doesnt mean we own africa...

resist the temptation to play politics with peoples lives
I agree. Saying we have universities and scientists is nonsense - anybody can invent the cure first and the world will accept it if it meets global standards.

But I agree with Mr Ohuabunwa that local claims should not have been ignored. It appears we're taking the cure from Maddy seriously just because their president drank it on TV. That's a shame.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by Youngzubi(m): 3:30pm On May 13, 2020
Benjaniblinks:
Abeg I never chop. Make somebody elep me summerise.

FG said that the supposed Covid19 medicine from Madagascar taste like Malta guiness
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by witworth(m): 3:33pm On May 13, 2020
Enemy of progress. Badbelle people, Madagascar don shine.
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by DaddyRochie1642: 3:37pm On May 13, 2020
Pride Indeed goeth before a Fall
Re: "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN by netflicks(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2020
If this story weak u abeg like... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Lockdown; Berger Axis In Pictures / Portuguese, Sonia Acevedo Dies 2 Days After Getting COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine / Baby Born Without Ear In A Nigerian Hospital Due To Use Of Contraceptives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.