Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Abuse Of Women In The Bible. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abuse Of Women In The Bible. (4294 Views)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Dantedasz(m): 3:20pm On May 15, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Having a discussion with you is like trying to pour water into a basket.
The way the water escapes from the basket is the same way comprehension flows over your head.
I am done with your absurdity.

You are wasting your time trying to reason with these guys. As I always advise say your piece and leave the thread. Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall.
The Indoctrination is very deep.
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 15, 2020
Dantedasz:

You are wasting your time trying to reason with these guys. As I always advise say your piece and leave the thread. Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall.
undecided

INDOCTRINATIONS! smiley

The misinterpreted word white atheists always employ when deceiving you guys! cheesy

Doctrine connotes believe (trust) meaning the principle that you can count on all the time as what is benefitial!

So if someone is doing something that's of great benefit to all those involved what exactly is wrong in that? cheesy

You're trying to say the Bible is useless but from all indications there is proof that millions are enjoying the benefits of what they learnt in the book!

You want to say it doesn't favour females, i show you pictures of females from all over the world living like Queens with their own husbands, which no female atheists can enjoy unless she remain single for life! cheesy

And by the end of the day you concluded it's "INDOCTRINATION" well wait and see if you'll find a single female atheist who will not use her own brains to calculate the cost, lost and benefits of true FAITH without having a rethink if she truly wants to enjoy a normal life!

The bitter TRUTH is you can never have true Joy without God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 15, 2020
Maximus69:

INDOCTRINATIONS! smiley

The misinterpreted word white atheists always employ when deceiving you guys! cheesy

Doctrine connotes believe (trust) meaning the principle that you can count on all the time as what is benefitial!

So if someone is doing something that's of great benefit to all those involved what exactly is wrong in that? cheesy

You're trying to say the Bible is useless but from all indications there is proof that millions are enjoying the benefits of what they learnt in the book!

You want to say it doesn't favour females, i show you pictures of females from all over the world living like Queens with their own husbands, which no female atheists can enjoy unless she remain single for life! cheesy

And by the end of the day you concluded it's "INDOCTRINATION" well wait and see if you'll find a single female atheist who will not use her own brains to calculate the cost, lost and benefits of true FAITH without having a rethink if she truly wants to enjoy a normal life!

The bitter TRUTH is you can never have true Joy without God!

Maybe these ladies are happily married as there is nothing controlling them like JW robots!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Image123(m): 1:39am On May 16, 2020
TATIME:

Mr Imaginary789 i expected you to stand up for the defense of the book you're always arguing upon, but this time around your stupidity is silenced beyond redemption. Your Deeperlife cohort can't show up here since the accuser seems to have depicted Kumuyi's mindset.
It's just pathetic that people like you think you belong to Jesus whereas you've been totally brainwashed to hold unto man-made traditions. Instead of making indirect speeches at the one defending God's word, i thought what you supposed to be doing now is presenting your own defence for the book you always like to argue about. Now it's obvious than ever before that you're just empty, there is nothing in your brains apart from what Kumuyi and the likes infused up there.
With all the accusations of this atheist and his seemingly knowledge of what he said, you've got nothing to say in support of the book you carry every Sunday, but if it's to start criticising Jehovah's Witnesses in support of your hopeless and worthless Trinity doctrines, hell will be let loose!
The accuser has done his own findings and he has presented a case against God's word, but you have come in to stand either for the Bible or against it! Rev 3:15,16 smiley smiley smiley

Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall. Hehehehe, that's one funny truth there. Sincerely, the only plausible excuse for this drivel should be maybe you are on your period or something close. You spat in the air and left your face there.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Image123(m): 1:54am On May 16, 2020
Maximus69:
Brother Tatime, the stupid Churchgoer thought it's one of their fruitless arguments that's of no purpose is what's going on here! cheesy

He has eyes but can't see, ears but deaf, heart but unresponsive {Psalms 135:14-18} my posts have silenced all antagonists of God's word!

Where is Dantedasz and his fellow atheists now? I've posted pictures of true Christian evangelizers who are zealously preaching and teaching in their respective territories about God's Kingdom.
What Dantedasz can't figure out now is the message those beautiful ladies are carrying about that's softening people's hearts making them to drop harmful weapons and embracing PEACE everywhere they go! Isaiah 2:2-4

Dantedasz (a misinformed churchgoer) knew nothing apart from the credulous ideas of going to spend eternity in heaven. grin

So the idea of people living normal lives on planet earth forever in peace and security will sound strange to him! Psalms 37:7-11 67:6-7; Proverbs 2:20-22; Isaiah 35:5-6, 65:21-23 smiley

Your posting of pictures can only excite tatase or tumeric and your likes. Okay plus buyers of awake and the other magazine. i remember this "my book of bible story" too. You know the book? It's been a while since i saw it. Anyway, your obsession with pictures and randomized spitting of crammed bible verses obviously doesn't impress the OP. Someone is asking about bible, you are showing him a "playboyish" wedding picture and random images of smiling girls. Glo, MTN, Airtel and all the commercial banks will give you millions of pictures of smiling "happy" girls. Like he said, Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall. Very unreasonable.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 5:25am On May 16, 2020
Image123:

Your posting of pictures can only excite tatase or tumeric and your likes. Okay plus buyers of awake and the other magazine. i remember this "my book of bible story" too. You know the book? It's been a while since i saw it. Anyway, your obsession with pictures and randomized spitting of crammed bible verses obviously doesn't impress the OP. Someone is asking about bible, you are showing him a "playboyish" wedding picture and random images of smiling girls. Glo, MTN, Airtel and all the commercial banks will give you millions of pictures of smiling "happy" girls. Like he said, Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall. Very unreasonable.

STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! cheesy

Topic "Abuse of women in the Bible"

Are you a Bible believer?

If so make your own presentation period! cheesy

I'm posting pictures of beautiful ladies living their lives to the full as Bible believers so that is a big blow on the thread because himself and his cohorts thought female believers supposed to be paranoid and intimidated! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 5:55am On May 16, 2020
OP made a totally wrong accusation! cheesy

Had it been the post is about the other religion it could have made little sense, see the picture of females that their religion has reduced to nothing below.
These are real prostitutes as in COMMERCIAL SEX WORKERS!
But the religion intimidated them to the point that just expressing themselves in the public has become a big issue!

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 6:05am On May 16, 2020
TATIME:

Maybe these ladies are happily married as there is nothing controlling them like JW robots!

Of course their lifestyle will appeal better before all these hypocrites claiming atheists so far they're not Bible believers, no matter what they've become is OK! cheesy
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Image123(m): 7:24pm On May 16, 2020
Maximus69:

STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! cheesy

Topic "Abuse of women in the Bible"

Are you a Bible believer?

If so make your own presentation period! cheesy

I'm posting pictures of beautiful ladies living their lives to the full as Bible believers so that is a big blow on the thread because himself and his cohorts thought female believers supposed to be paranoid and intimidated! cheesy

Finally you get to make sense, keep it up. You see it's not a crime or bad to actually think and listen. If you had regurgitated some random bible verses and reminded us you are the new light seeing the only light nonsense, you would not have been commended by God or man. Take note.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 16, 2020
Image123:

Finally you get to make sense, keep it up. You see it's not a crime or bad to actually think and listen. If you had regurgitated some random bible verses and reminded us you are the new light seeing the only light nonsense, you would not have been commended by God or man. Take note.

The truth is there is a chasm between JWs and all other groups so no matter what we say you'll pick offences because Jehovah's Witnesses will always make it clear that members of our group are the only worshipers of our own God.

So we are ever prepared to answer you no matter what you say!

Nevertheless you've not presented what you've got on the topic, please do so and stop trailing me! cheesy
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Image123(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2020
Maximus69:

The truth is there is a chasm between JWs and all other groups so no matter what we say you'll pick offences because Jehovah's Witnesses will always make it clear that members of our group are the only worshipers of our own God.

So we are ever prepared to answer you no matter what you say!

Nevertheless you've not presented what you've got on the topic, please do so and stop trailing me! cheesy

Of course, you are the only worshippers of your own god. The true worshippers of God are not bound in kingdom halls. You must have missed where i said "Dante on the other hand is convulsing about the Bible but he and his crew abuse women every day. Their main hope of happiness remains thinking of, talking of, and physically abusing women who could pass off for their daughters, sisters and mothers. Bunch of condemned ignoramuses." That's my response or opening response to the OP. Your friend is apparently awestruck still.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 3:33am On May 17, 2020
Image123:

Of course, you are the only worshippers of your own God . The true worshippers of God are not bound in kingdom halls. You must have missed where i said "Dante on the other hand is convulsing about the Bible but he and his crew abuse women every day. Their main hope of happiness remains thinking of, talking of, and physically abusing women who could pass off for their daughters, sisters and mothers. Bunch of condemned ignoramuses." That's my response or opening response to the OP. Your friend is apparently awestruck still.

@bolded

I'm glad you know that! smiley

You'll notice how Dantedasz has continued to quote God's word out of context despite the response of Churchgoers, but notice how silent he has been since a true advocate of God's word came in!

We are Jehovah's Witnesses!

Silencing God's enemies is our heritage {Isaiah 54:17} if you carefully meditate on the final part of this quotation, there our own God JEHOVAH said

"their RIGHTEOUSNESS is from me"

So whether our ladies wear wave on, make overs, polished nails, jewelries like earrings, noserings and others {Genesis 24:22; Ezekiel 16:12} our righteousness is from JEHOVAH not religious fanatics and misinformed churchgoers who don't know how to apply God's inspired word! smiley
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Image123(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

@bolded

I'm glad you know that! smiley

You'll notice how Dantedasz has continued to quote God's word out of context despite the response of Churchgoers, but notice how silent he has been since a true advocate of God's word came in!

We are Jehovah's Witnesses!

Silencing God's enemies is our heritage {Isaiah 54:17} if you carefully meditate on the final part of this quotation, there our own God JEHOVAH said

"their RIGHTEOUSNESS is from me"

So whether our ladies wear wave on, make overs, polished nails, jewelries like earrings, noserings and others {Genesis 24:22; Ezekiel 16:12} our righteousness is from JEHOVAH not religious fanatics and misinformed churchgoers who don't know how to apply God's inspired word! smiley

Why do you like deceiving others and yourself? The OP was very clear by stating an advice to others. "You are wasting your time trying to reason with these guys. As I always advise say your piece and leave the thread. Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall.
" Stop fooling around.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 17, 2020
Image123:

Why do you like deceiving others and yourself? The OP was very clear by stating an advice to others. "You are wasting your time trying to reason with these guys. As I always advise say your piece and leave the thread. Trying to explain things to these ones is just like banging your head against a concrete wall.
" Stop fooling around.

Don't worry yourself my guy! smiley

I'm one of the followers of the guy who spoke in the public and many said about of him

"he is crazy, why listen to him" John 10:20

So if they said that to my Master, Lord and King, who am i to expect anything better from you? Matthew 10:24-25

Please make your own presentation and take your leave, at least it's a free world and nobody as in NOBODY ought to deprive anyone from airing his/her own opinion, unless if you belong to the group who always look forward to depriving others from expressing their views! Act 4:18, 5:28 wink
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Suky01(m): 9:12pm On May 22, 2020
hupernikao:

Your knowledge case seems worse than his (OP).
Point exactly to me where the OP asked questions or ask for help or are you reading another post? When you chose not to act honestly, you will end up not be able to read honestly too, that is your own case and quite worse than OPs.

It is sad that NL give voice and opinion to everyone on every discussion, that is why we can find such likes who may never have read beyond children bible story book and claim to have traveled around the world to acquired all knowledge that disprove what you never for once understood.

Like i told the OP, it is safer for you to ask questions, to know instead of sweating up your embarrassment. You dont dabble into areas that is not yours just to show knowledge, you will end up like you just did now.

Again you failed to respond to the message is the op lying or not.

What you wrote up is just gibberish please provide bible passages to show the op is lying rather than attacking my personality

You don't know me from Adam I could care less about you if you don't have a logical answer then shut up
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Xmuslim: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
hakeem4:
to bring you to your sense, that the god you worship is kinda cruel
perfect answer

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by SmartyPants(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:
18. JUDGES Chapter 19 verses 22-30. This is one of the bible passages that totally debases woman hood. It is a sick story and when I was still a Christian it really disturbed me whenever I read it. Preachers seldom touch on it because it is a freak show pure and simple but it is there in the bible.

JUDGES 19. 22-30.

22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

23 And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light.

27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.

29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.

Are you able to understand that the Bible contains both a collection of instructions and narrations of events?

Now what do you expect a preacher to say about this particular story?
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Dantedasz(m): 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartyPants:

Are you able to understand that the Bible contains both a collection of instructions and narrations of events?

Now what do you expect a preacher to say about this particular story?

Quite frankly, I expect the preacher to call a spade,a spade and say IT IS A SICK,DISGUSTING MYSOGNYISTIC STORY THAT DEBASES WOMANHOOD!
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by SmartyPants(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

Quite frankly, I expect the preacher to call a spade,a spade and say IT IS A SICK,DISGUSTING MYSOGNYISTIC STORY THAT DEBASES WOMANHOOD!

I don't think you get it. The fact is, the event happened. It's not narrated so that people will go out there and replicate it, it's simply a narration of something that actually happened. Neither is it there as an example of something positive. In fact it is told as an example of how degenerate the people of that area were. Their actions were condemned.

When you say the preacher should condemn the story and not the actions of those in the story which, are you saying it should not be included in the Bible? That some part of history is not pleasant means it should be untold?

Not sure I get your point.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Dantedasz(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartyPants:

I don't think you get it. The fact is, the event happened. It's not narrated so that people will go out there and replicate it, it's simply a narration of something that actually happened. Neither is it there as an example of something positive. In fact it is told as an example of how degenerate the people of that area were. Their actions were condemned.

When you say the preacher should condemn the story and not the actions of those in the story which, are you saying it should not be included in the Bible? That some part of history is not pleasant means it should be untold?

Not sure I get your point.

At emboldened,
Go back to the beginning of the thread and read it again. This time very slowly. If you can't comprehend what the thread is about,then I am sorry I can't help you.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by SmartyPants(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

At emboldened,
Go back to the beginning of the thread and read it again. This time very slowly. If you can't comprehend what the thread is about,then I am sorry I can't help you.

Did I ask about the thread?

I quoted a specific post and we have engaged on that so you must be feigning ignorance if you claim not to understand that I'm saying that I'm not sure what your point is with respect to why you have referenced the particular story as evidence of alleged misogyny when the story may be about misogynistic behavior without promoting but rather condemning such.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by Dantedasz(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartyPants:

Did I ask about the thread?

I quoted a specific post and we have engaged on that so you must be feigning ignorance if you claim not to understand that I'm saying that I'm not sure what your point is with respect to why you have referenced the particular story as evidence of alleged misogyny when the story may be about misogynistic behavior without promoting but rather condemning such.

I don't normally do but I will make an exception for the last time. I am the original poster of this thread and the title of the thread is about abuse of women in the Christian bible. The post you quoted is a sequence in the thread about how the Christian bible encourages abuse of women. Arguments about a particular post without taking into the bigger picture of how the Christian bible is a sexist,misogynistic and abusive book towards women will be a practical waste of my time and yours. This is why I advised you to go back and read the thread from the first page.
I do not engage in meaningless back and forth arguments. So I admonish you to do the same please. This will be my last response on this issue except you are ready to discuss the bigger picture of how the christian bible is a book that demeans women. I wish you well.
Re: Abuse Of Women In The Bible. by SmartyPants(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dantedasz:

I don't normally do but I will make an exception for the last time. I am the original poster of this thread and the title of the thread is about abuse of women in the Christian bible. The post you quoted is a sequence in the thread about how the Christian bible encourages abuse of women. Arguments about a particular post without taking into the bigger picture of how the Christian bible is a sexist,misogynistic and abusive book towards women will be a practical waste of my time and yours. This is why I advised you to go back and read the thread from the first page.
I do not engage in meaningless back and forth arguments. So I admonish you to do the same please. This will be my last response on this issue except you are ready to discuss the bigger picture of how the christian bible is a book that demeans women. I wish you well.

You seem overly emotional over what is a fairly simply and straight forward issue.

I know what your thread is about. I read through every page and every post. I am pointing out to you that this particular piece of "evidence" does not support your overall argument because the misogynistic behavior in the story has been condemned

You have refused to understand for some reason and that is your prerogtive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Powerful Prophet Of God / Atheist...this No Coincidence Pls... / I'm Establishing an Ifa Temple!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.