Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help (2905 Views)

How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim / How To Flash Any Number Without Airtime With Your Airtel Sim / Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2020
Okay here is how it goes...

I was just using my phone to browse the internet for some images, then all of a sudden i could not open anymore webpages, i checked the notification bar and discovered that my sim card was not being detected, in slight annoyance, i opened the phone and readjusted the sim card. I resumed my browsing session only to be rudely interrupted again by the same problem, since i didn't want to open the back of the phone again, i simply rebooted the phone, but the problem still persisted i was now very angry this time because i was losing valuable time to this shit. I tried all the different sim card slots but nothing changed, my anger rapidly gave way to panic. I started sweating as i tried every other alternative solution, but all to no avail.

Please tech geeks and phone wizards in the house i really need your help cuz a lot of important accounts and information are tied to that sim. Thanks in advance.

cc: dragnet, lalasticlala.

Please i need all the help i can get, Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 3:48pm On May 13, 2020
cry please guys, any suggestion is welcome.
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2020
I have also tried putting the sim card into another phone but it still isn't being detected.
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 3:53pm On May 13, 2020
No insults please...
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by cbrezy(m): 5:47pm On May 13, 2020
wow I'm also facing same problem, after inserting my SIM card it keeps showing "No SIM card inserted"

I don't know why. shocked
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 3:06am On May 15, 2020
cbrezy:
wow I'm also facing same problem, after inserting my SIM card it keeps showing "No SIM card inserted"

I don't know why. shocked

So bro wat did you do na,
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by abbey086(m): 5:53am On May 15, 2020
There is a possibility that the SIM card is damaged. The way out is first, if the SIM is not 4G yet, use the opportunity to visit Airtel office and tell them that you want to upgrade the SIM to 4G SIM, they will upgrade it for you by giving you a new 4G SIM with all your details on the damaged SIM card intact, free of charge. (That is what I did when I experienced the same issue late last year)
Secondly, if the SIM is already 4G, just go to their office and explain the issue to them, they will replace the SIM card but it may not be free of charge this time around.

4 Likes

Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by cbrezy(m): 7:20am On May 15, 2020
KaideeGee:

So bro wat did you do na,

I've fucking abandoned the SIM I don't even know where it is now, and right now I'm using 2 MTN SIM Card. cheesy
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by africandictator(m): 10:27am On May 15, 2020
Do you use a 4g sim? Or have cut an old old sim of yours to fit into your smart phone ? You need a sim upgrade if you don’t. Well you can also retrieve your sim thanks.
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
africandictator:
Do you use a 4g sim? Or have cut an old old sim of yours to fit into your smart phone ? You need a sim upgrade if you don’t. Well you can also retrieve your sim thanks.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by bigcee(m): 6:32am On Feb 11, 2022
KaideeGee:

I was just using my phone to browse the internet for some images, then all of a sudden i could not open anymore webpages, i checked the notification bar and discovered that my sim card was not being detected, in slight annoyance, i opened the phone and readjusted the sim card. I resumed my browsing session only to be rudely interrupted again by the same problem, since i didn't want to open the back of the phone again, i simply rebooted the phone, but the problem still persisted i was now very angry this time because i was losing valuable time to this shit. I tried all the different sim card slots but nothing changed, my anger rapidly gave way to panic. I started sweating as i tried every other alternative solution, but all to no avail.

Please tech geeks and phone wizards in the house i really need your help cuz a lot of important accounts and information are tied to that sim. Thanks in advance.

Hello, pls this is happening to me right now. I bought the sim in 2020. How did you fix it? Thank you.
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by KaideeGee(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
bigcee:

Hello, pls this is happening to me right now. I bought the sim in 2020. How did you fix it? Thank you.

Retrieve it...
Re: My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help by oriewanbe: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2022
KaideeGee:

This is what is happening to my Airtel SIM card now.
Seems this Airtel people are selling to us inferior SIM

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Hot 7 Incoming Call Problem / How To Install Remix Os On Your PC [edited] / 20k Or 30k Phone Anybody.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.