Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE (27328 Views)

Lagos Government Sacks Frontline Health Workers / SON Inspects Facemasks & PPE-Producing Factories In Abia And Rivers States / How People Are Thanking Coronavirus Frontline Workers Worldwide (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Demichaels: 8:22pm On May 13, 2020
1realBobby:
is anything working at all in this country??

Anyway, please patronize me for your excellent designs..
I create 3D logos for as low as #2,000 ,
complimentary/business card #1500, letterhead
#1500 also... you could even get your flyers
designs for as low as #1,000 above...

I collect money after delivery, so you don't have
to worry about getting scammed...
whatsapp me via the number on my signature

Send ur samples and contact to me at Demichaelsprints@gmail.com
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by zuchyblink(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2020
we are working without basic PPEs
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by onyxo76(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2020
passion007:
Suspected Coronavirus Patient In Ilorin Picked Up Without Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

shocked
Oh my goodness!!
Look at these men wearing a fabric mask to pick up a suspected covid case cry

Oh my god, this is the height of irresponsibility by this government. You can't even protect your first responders, but there's PPE to be wasted on burying Abba Kyari, but no PPE to protect these frontline men ignorantly putting themselves at risk to save a life.

This is really depressing!! cry

Admin and mods need to push this to front page, urgently!!

Nigerian government needs to get her response right.

These frontline staff need to be immediately tested, and quarantined. They also need to sue the government for criminal negligence.
There's need to protect all frontline care staff. A fabric mask is useless against coronavirus and it is outrageous someone okayed for these poor men to be sent out to retrieve a coronavirus patient, wearing only a fabric mask. That is criminal!

This needs to go on front page, and urgently too.

This is a public health crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y55pnUmKJTY

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=844510112709057&id=475203649639707

Please urgently push this to front page before these men return to their families tonight!!
yet you will see some dudes coming round to insult health workers who run away from patients due to lack of ppe
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by ObafemiAwoIowo: 8:44pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:
This is why I am against the state by state approach to tackling this crisis. The PTF and NCDC and president should make the rules about how things should be done at the national level, and every state must follow the rules. If some states handle the situation seriously, and other states are not serious, the serious states will have to remain under restrictions indefinitely to avoid being affected by people from the unserious states.
yes saaa
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Blackdisciple(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2020
And the people pushing that tin will lera return to their families...hmm����
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Dollabiz: 9:00pm On May 13, 2020
Really
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 13, 2020
My own observation

I don't think these are ncdc workers. I think they are just well wishers, neighbors or families of the patient. I think the driver came alone without any health workers and people around helper get the patient into the ambulance. Probably due to lack of health workers, or maybe they have called NCDC many times without response and they decided to take laws into their hands.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:23pm On May 13, 2020
na the mumu men I blame, them no fit say they can't work without PPE abi? they are stupid
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by rman: 9:29pm On May 13, 2020
That is a mentally unstable man peeps, not a covid-19 patient
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by redsun(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2020
Look at the surrounding, you will people that live like that stand little of surviving the virus. Unstructured, unshaped and unkempt.

They live like they have no brains.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 13, 2020
That's exactly how poor Nigeria is.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by passion007: 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
greenhulk:
My own observation

I don't think these are ncdc workers. I think they are just well wishers, neighbors or families of the patient. I think the driver came alone without any health workers and people around helper get the patient into the ambulance. Probably due to lack of health workers, or maybe they have called NCDC many times without response and they decided to take laws into their hands.

Whichever is the situation, this is very irresponsible, even if for sending a driver without PPE and support staff. This is horrific , however it's interpreted.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by mechanics(m): 10:24pm On May 13, 2020
They are meant to be quarantine.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by NairaMaster1(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2020
passion007:

I can't believe this is being allowed to happen. Imagine these returning to their families at the close of work today and the cycle of infection continues. People don't realise this is a highly infectious respiratory virus.

They are errant fools
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by AmDayo: 11:23pm On May 13, 2020
passion007:
Suspected Coronavirus Patient In Ilorin Picked Up Without Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

shocked
Oh my goodness!!

Oh my god, this is the height of irresponsibility by this government. You can't even protect your first responders, but there's PPE to be wasted on burying Abba Kyari, but no PPE to protect these frontline men ignorantly putting themselves at risk to save a life.

These frontline staff need to be immediately tested, and quarantined. They also need to sue the government for criminal negligence.
There's need to protect all frontline care staff. A fabric mask is useless against coronavirus and it is outrageous someone okayed for these poor men to be sent out to retrieve a coronavirus patient, wearing only a fabric mask. That is criminal!

Please urgently push this to front page before these men return to their families tonight!!

Good evening sir

SPREAD THE NEWS, STOP THE VIRUS PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN:
It will interest you to know that many people are ignorant about the danger of the coronavirus from the response we got so far from people in different part of Ilorin city.After observing in dismay that many people still take the ravaging virus for granted jettisoning all preventive measures announced by the government I and a friend(youth)took this upon ourselves to sensitize our people in Ilorin kwara state.

We did this for seven days before we got exhausted due to lack of support.we rented public address system did a banner and a customized T-shirt and we also shared face mask and transport ourselves to different town in Ilorin.

Please help me push this forward till it get to the right authorities.

I have videos and pictures as proof.
Thank you sir

You can contact me on
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by AmDayo: 11:26pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:
This is why I am against the state by state approach to tackling this crisis. The PTF and NCDC and president should make the rules about how things should be done at the national level, and every state must follow the rules. If some states handle the situation seriously, and other states are not serious, the serious states will have to remain under restrictions indefinitely to avoid being affected by people from the unserious states.

SPREAD THE NEWS, STOP THE VIRUS PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN:
It will interest you to know that many people are ignorant about the danger of the coronavirus from the response we got so far from people in different part of Ilorin city.After observing in dismay that many people still take the ravaging virus for granted jettisoning all preventive measures announced by the government I and a friend(youth)took this upon ourselves to sensitize our people in Ilorin kwara state.
We did this for seven days before we got exhausted due to lack of support.we rented public address system did a banner and a customized T-shirt and we also shared face mask and transport ourselves to different town in Ilorin.
Please help me push this forward till it get to the right authorities.
I have videos and pictures as proof.
Thank you sir
You can contact me on
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by echesilver: 11:39pm On May 13, 2020
Am ashamed undecided

shocked
Oh my goodness!!

Please urgently push this to front page before these men return to their families tonight!! [/quote]
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Anwons(m): 1:41am On May 14, 2020
Why would they accept to do that? Or does mean that they're immune to Covik 1, 9?
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by kunletexs: 1:43am On May 14, 2020
When are we going to get things right in this nation?

That stretcher has at least 3belts to hold down the patient. Sincerely all the time I see them in movies, I do ask why strap the patient in but it today, I saw why.

Can you imagine no ppe for first responders, I doubt if the carriers were trained in the use of that stretcher. As the way they carried him would make an American emergency personnel laugh off till....
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by kunletexs: 1:47am On May 14, 2020
Mismanagement of public funds is the main reason why government officials needs bullets into their heads
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by ofiko123(m): 2:51am On May 14, 2020
I am tired of this country..
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by linearity: 4:37am On May 14, 2020
Offpoint:
Lol, Nigeria don cast teytey...

Dey angel wey sent me here, me and him go get case for heavenly court.
Him go explain to me what he was thinking...
Which kind rough play him play like that...

Take am easy, you bi big politician for your former life, na him you come embezzle $500 billion public funds, na him vess Angel Gabriel on top say after the public come pray for your matter, na him angel dhl you come Hell Fire, Nigeria to serve your punishment.

So when you reach Heaven make you no raise the matter again, becos even vess Angel more more say you no nova learn lesson....that one na North Korea dem fit dhl you go oh.
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Offpoint: 5:50am On May 14, 2020
linearity:

Take am easy, you bi big politician for your former life, na him you come embezzle $500 billion public funds, na him vess Angel Gabriel on top say after the public come pray for your matter, na him angel dhl you come Hell Fire, Nigeria to serve your punishment.

So when you reach Heaven make you no raise the matter again, becos even vess Angel more more say you no nova learn lesson....that one na North Korea dem fit dhl you go oh.
gringrin person fit play with small $500B again?

Angel Gabriel for tender just with small mercy naw
Re: Outrage As Frontline Health Staff Sent On Duty Without PPE by Nobody: 6:48am On May 14, 2020
Biko nau if PPEs is not available t u & face mask isn't biko use a face covering, up till now I use mi bandanna & wrapped it t form face mask cos SPERIAN face mask cost lyk 4k just 4 one.. N200 Hans glove can work, then 4 PPE try t get a tailor t sew u one.. The govt isn't working ! So don't get d disease working t stop d disease!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / Women Who Sleep More Also Have More Sex, A New Study Finds / Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.