Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (67159 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks / Sanwo-olu Promises To Compensate Owners Of Demolished Buildings (2) (3) (4)

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2020
It is indeed more cos nothing was mentioned about the one demolished at Onne. All excuses abd drama surround this very one at Eleme
LibertyRep:
Is it part of the executive order that the owner will also forfeit the land even after the structure has been demolished? I refuse to believe that the matter is just about flouting the lockdown order.

Samuel Doe and Idi Amin too once had supporters.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2020
Not only that. The painful one is, no matter the cry, nothing will change. It has happened, it has happened, if we want to die we should go and die.

brunofarad:
Anything goes in this country.

The sad thing is that no matter what happens

Some people must clap
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by PortHarcourt1st: 4:54pm On May 13, 2020
Apologize:

Demon from hell. Your plan will not work today.

Pictures: The real beautiful Portharcourt

Wetin i do you? I dey post my PORT HARCOURT city

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Malawian(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2020
LibertyRep:
Is it part of the executive order that the owner will also forfeit the land even after the structure has been demolished? I refuse to believe that the matter is just about flouting the lockdown order.

Samuel Doe and Idi Amin too once had supporters.
The more provoking thing is that Wike constituted himself as Judge, Jury and Executioner. This type of individual should never be allowed into government positions ever again. This guy is actually meant to be a lawyer by profession.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by lokho(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2020
Is there no way they can convert the hotel to school without demolishing it.... Waste of resources.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by adanny01(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2020
Officialgarri:
Audio death. No name, no picture... Be deceiving your ikwere people.

Fine, the hotel flouted the lockdown order and hence should be prosecuted according to the law. But which law states the structures should be demolished?

Tyranny at state level. What if he becomes president, he would demolish opposition house

And which state Judge gave an order for demolition.

In a sane environment, the state government will pay through the court but we all know, the owner won't be getting justice especially if Wiked Wike still exist as governor.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by PortHarcourt1st: 4:56pm On May 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

You want make them call una brown roof abi?

okabilem

Isn't beautiful, when PORT HARCOURT started developing your state was still a forest. See PORT HARCOURT

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Onlyonebuhari: 4:58pm On May 13, 2020
Hypocrisy
When the authoritarian Wike bulldozed a Mosque in Port Hacourt and declared Rivers State as a Christian state people were hailing him because Muslims were affected. Same Wike is using the authoritarian power to bulldoze people's properties, seize cars from to be auction immediately. All of them are now crucifying him.
Injustice for one means injustice for all
Enjoy your hypocrisy responsibly

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by anvilpx(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2020
okoto meow meow

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by jamesbridget13(f): 5:00pm On May 13, 2020
Wow! Wike get mind o. Do you all know PDP Rivers State Chapter had new exco inauguration today?

That's d reason, Wike relaxed d lockdown for yesterday n today. N he has d mind to destroy someone's sweat. Too bad of him

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 13, 2020
How Rivers people watch out for Wike before stepping out of their homes these days.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Onlyonebuhari: 5:02pm On May 13, 2020
GeneralPula:
These two hotels, Prodest Hotel, Alode, Eleme and Etemeteh Hotel, Onne not only flouted the Executive Order, the Hotel Manager of Prodest invited the wanted PDP Eleme Youth Leader, Princewill Osaroejiji, who came with thugs to unleash mayhem on Task Force operatives on ground to close down the facility.

After knowing that they messed up, now they’re roping the guy with allegations. This is exactly what government is all about. Not the silly for the people by the people bull shiit!

The guy that was in Lagos State when his hotel was being demolished.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by mudiana(m): 5:03pm On May 13, 2020
Wike is indeed a mad man. The idiot has forgotten he won't be a governor forever. What has the world done to China? I am sure this will hunt him or his children. You can't destroy a man's sweat like dat and go free. Wike better compensate that man or else he LL get his own share of cruelty.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 13, 2020
This is a political fight, I am sure that the hotel was demolished because of flaunted law. If some one die show us, or tell us the name. The table you shaked when you are now in power will resurrect when you finally leave power.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by kemii6243: 5:05pm On May 13, 2020
[color=#] 1374591[/color]
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by infogeneral: 5:06pm On May 13, 2020
Imagine if the governor is in control of the Police in the state. The hotel employees would had been shot dead.
It's already damage beyond control!

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by adanny01(m): 5:07pm On May 13, 2020
SILVERLINES:
The terror we voted

I dedicated my time and energy campaign and voted for this terror.

I did it not becos I really love him but becos I didn't want APC to succeed in Rivers State in that case I picked Wike as a choice.

I regret

The lesson to be learnt here is that true democracy is a choice between perceived good leaders and not a perceived better party.

Party does not lead, people do. At the ballot, the choice should be which person not which party.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by chaloskyx: 5:08pm On May 13, 2020
what you dont know is if this kind of action is not curtailed it would serve as a precedent to other future governors and political higher ups who would take aggressive and ruthless action against the opposition or weak as they know they can get away with it.[left][/left]
Conductor261:

Go to court

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by stgift: 5:09pm On May 13, 2020
Wike did well. Why would it be only those two hotels that would flout the order. The announcement for the lock down and the consequences of flouting it was issued 3 days before the date. And the owner of the hotel feels that we are lawless like Lagos State. And even going to the extra mile of shooting the task force who came to warn them. And they feel they can go away with. Now one of the task force member has lost his life as a result of the gun shot wound and assault. The owners of the hotel should be arrested. Meanwhile the cases we have now are as a result of the virus transmission gotten in a hotel that infected over more than 17 people. And you say Gov. Wike should fold his hands and watch and extend a carrot approach to the defaulters. My dear Nigerians has learnt to eat the carrot and run, now is time to use iron hand approach.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Conductor261: 5:13pm On May 13, 2020
chaloskyx:
what you dont know is if this kind of action is not curtailed it would serve as a precedent to other future governors and political higher ups who would take aggressive and ruthless action against the opposition or weak as they know they can get away with it.[left][/left]

Shut up. All of them are PDP.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by wirinet(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2020
iLegendd:

If he becomes the president, Nigeria will be great. No nepotism. He calls a spade a spade and he doesn't care if the offender is a PDP or an APC member — all he cares about is for the citizens to be law abiding.

A country where the citizens don't obey law or the leader is a nepotist, will never move forward.

Ask Buhari for your answer — if you have any question to ask.
Are you suggesting we should throw the rule of law away, empower the executive to be the legislature and judiciary and shut down the courts?
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by olajizz01(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2020
If this guy attain president or VP of this country,he will be competing with that of kim of North Korea.

He is a confirmed tyrant.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 13, 2020
Land grabbing, i said it, all the fools supporting mad man wike, your turns will come soon.

wike will steal every lands in Rivers, in the name of covid 19. wike is an enemy of progress obviously.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by nini007(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2020
1realBobby:
medicine after death

please patronize me for your excellent designs..
I create 3D logos for as low as #2,000 ,
complimentary/business card #1500, letterhead
#1500 also... you could even get your flyers
designs for as low as #1,000 above...

I collect money after delivery, so you don't have
to worry about getting scammed...
whatsapp me via the number on my signature
pls add me on WhatsApp 08066673142
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Staphylococcus: 5:16pm On May 13, 2020
Stupidity at its peak.

If owner can afford a competent lawyer, Rivers State Government is in deep shit

What da fvck! Nigeria is truly a lawless country.

Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by West2019(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2020
God will. Punish this wike
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Staphylococcus: 5:17pm On May 13, 2020
iLegendd:

If he becomes the president, Nigeria will be great. No nepotism. He calls a spade a spade and he doesn't care if the offender is a PDP or an APC member — all he cares about is for the citizens to be law abiding.

A country where the citizens don't obey law or the leader is a nepotist, will never move forward.

Stop spewing gibberish!
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 13, 2020
iLegendd:

Yes, Wike is a great governor to you, until he comes to grab your land and accusses you of armed robbery.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 13, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Stop spewing gibberish!
Don't mind the fool, he would be the first to come on social media to cry intimidation when wike comes to grab his lands and accusses him of armed robbery.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by shiimah: 5:21pm On May 13, 2020
��� Wike is not a preacher of love...

He smiles but his smile is jengelous.
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by babasolution: 5:21pm On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

Wetin i do you? I dey post my PORT HARCOURT city
THIS DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING,EVEN LAGOS GET PLACES OR WORST THAN THIS
Re: Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School by wirinet(m): 5:25pm On May 13, 2020
stgift:
Wike did well. Why would it be only those two hotels that would flout the order. The announcement for the lock down and the consequences of flouting it was issued 3 days before the date. And the owner of the hotel feels that we are lawless like Lagos State. And even going to the extra mile of shooting the task force who came to warn them. And they feel they can go away with. Now one of the task force member has lost his life as a result of the gun shot wound and assault. The owners of the hotel should be arrested. Meanwhile the cases we have now are as a result of the virus transmission gotten in a hotel that infected over more than 17 people. And you say Gov. Wike should fold his hands and watch and extend a carrot approach to the defaulters. My dear Nigerians has learnt to eat the carrot and run, now is time to use iron hand approach.

I now know most Nigerians do not understand the meaning of democracy. See the way people are justifying a purely lawless tyrannical action. Are you now suggesting that if wike catches an armed robbery in the act, he has the powers to order his immediate execution without his day in court?

First of all wike's order can even be challenged in court. Even a law passed by the national assembly can be challenged as unconstitutional in the courts. So, wike's orders are not divine. Is there a law passed by the state assembly backing his order and his actions? Can his order lead to criminal prosecution?

If the man in question commits murder, he should be charged for such. He should be brought before a competent court for prosecution and punishment according to our laws. Murder had nothing to do with destruction of properties according to our laws.

Folashade Tinubu’s Age. / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu / Jonathan And Buhari Images In 1977: Compare And Contrast

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50