Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

What Do You Bring To The Table? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Bring To The Table? (3362 Views)

Any Man Who Asks You 'what Can You Bring To The Table?' Does Not .......... / Men This Is What Women Bring To The Table. / Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by sexylassie2(f): 8:37pm On May 13, 2020
Arthur2021:
be decieving yourself!

Even a white janitor can not even wink on you
I am engaged to a typical naija woman based in Nigeria.

Stop projecting your bad luck on me

you dont have to be scared..grandma will wait for you grin

btw i cant date or marry anything not black.
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Arthur2021: 9:04pm On May 13, 2020
ibkayee:

Roles? I don’t believe the average man in a Nigerian household is the sole provider like the yesteryears. Dual income households are pretty common, forget all the sensationalism about gold digging you see online. On top of this she’ll be doing domestic work and looking after the children alone. And this same guy will be demanding sexual purity.
no!the same guy will not be demanding sexual purity...men now marry women with several body counts.
It is less likely to see both husband and wife as both earners. Even when they are,the man brings more in most cases.
Families are having house helps,washing machines etc to reduce the workload.

I am not saying such cases of equal bills but higher house chores by the woman doesn't occur,they occur,and I advice the ladies to not settle for such.

Actually this thread was about dating, broke shaming men when ladies are themselves broke.
Men that have the money dont mind to spend it,at all!(I am speaking from personal experience)
Marriage and dating are two different games. In dating the man does the toasting for months with gifts,and inputs more in the relationship but marriage may be different.

My issue is with the dragging of men online that you don't even know as broke.
People have called me broke not for having an opinion(even some of them have PMed me for financial assistance and I helped)

So I want to know ibkayee,why men are held to high standards financially and when men hold women to high standards morally/financially you ladies complain and want equality.

Do you feel it is justified?
(My concern isn't if the male or female fails to live up to their expectations as you illustrated but I am only asking if its fair that women should set their standards and when men set their standards ladies claim they don't deserve it)

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Arthur2021: 9:33pm On May 13, 2020
sexylassie2:

you dont have to be scared..grandma will wait for you grin

btw i cant date or marry anything not black.
if they find you worthy...
If the average naija man will not find you worthy that how much more "superior" white man?

The best you will get to see them is on your TV. I know they don't wink at your ilks...even the ones that work in the sewers or the masons,the hungry ones can not wave you

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by sexylassie2(f): 9:45pm On May 13, 2020
Arthur2021:
if they find you worthy...
If the average naija man will not find you worthy that how much more "superior" white man?

The best you will get to see them is on your TV. I know they don't wink at your ilks...even the ones that work in the sewers or the masons,they hungry ones can not wave you

superior white man

Lord jesus, someone is suffering from inferiority complex, so you mean a white man is superior to you, so you are his slave. that also means a white woman is superior than you..better will be not to mention me again, i hate men with inferiority complex...disgusting

Some black men sha...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by ThefemaleKing: 9:45pm On May 13, 2020
I bring the table na
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Arthur2021: 9:58pm On May 13, 2020
sexylassie2:

superior white man

Lord jesus, someone is suffering from inferiority complex, so you mean a white man is superior to you, so you are his slave.

Some black men sha...
lol,you are dumb ! If you can't get sarcasm then you are not smart...
I used quotation mark to show that my message was from your lens of seeing white men as superior to Nigeria. If you didn't get it then you are dumb.

Is it this empty head the white man will love?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by sexylassie2(f): 10:09pm On May 13, 2020
Arthur2021:
lol,you are dumb ! If you can't get sarcasm then you are not smart...
I used quotation mark to show that my message was from your lens of seeing white men as superior to Nigeria. If you didn't get it then you are dumb.

Is it this empty head the white man will love?

i dont waste time with your type, energy suckers, argue from morning to night like it is a paid job

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Arthur2021: 10:36pm On May 13, 2020
sexylassie2:

i dont waste time with your type, energy suckers, argue from morning to night like it is a paid job
lol,who doss that if not you?you that sleep on redpillers thread,stalk them,dig up information on them...

When you goof up in an argument you accuse people of playing victim.

Go get a life of yours,we are happy ,are you?

Bye!

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by EzeNdiAra: 12:49am On May 14, 2020
MissRaine69:
if you are a broke woman, you have no business telling a broke man he is is useless....

1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Godoverevery: 5:31am On May 14, 2020
sexylassie2:

Their intention was not to date broke men.

I can tell you that a woman can tolerate your brokeness in relationship but not in marriage.

If you don't improve yourself, she won't blink twice if a comfortable guy comes along and he is ready for marriage. So continue living in your fairytales.
pls speak for yourself pls.....not all women are money hungry.
Some are contented with what they have....common sense is u speak for yourself...fools generalise just to feel comfortable with the rubbish they spill.thanks

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by lukui: 8:39am On May 14, 2020
Thank God I am broke, no girlfriend, no wife, happily single.

Nobody likes me, I just dey breathe air.

You said I am mean, don't worry when your relationship catch fire I pray that you don't.

1 jump from third mainland bridge.
2. Drink sniper
3. Stand in front of dangote trailer at Lagos Ibadan express way.

Ramadan Kareem!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by emmaodet: 9:28am On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:
Patriarchy, a system men created told men their value and worth lies in money and status, and women, their beauty. Therefore a broke woman can technically get away with telling a man he is useless since that isn't where her 'stock' lies

But the patriarchy as you call it, is no more there.
You people are no more inside the cage of the so called oppressors and are free to do whatever you like.
You can go to school, look for job, stay alone, buy your own land and build your house, own your own business etc. With all these, we can now technically brokeshame you if you don't perform because you have all the necessary tools to make it. You aren't different from men now my sister because we are now in a matriarchy system and not patriarchy system anymore.
Please, run your own race too

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by ibkayee(f): 9:32am On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

But the patriarchy as you call it, is no more there.
You people are no more inside the cage of the so called oppressors and are free to do whatever you like.
You can go to school, look for job, stay alone, buy your own land and build your house, own your own business etc. With all these, we can now technically brokeshame you if you don't perform because you have all the necessary tools to make it. You aren't different from men now my sister.
The patriarchy is improving, gradually, but it's a bit unrealistic to think it's 'no more there' and that such a fundamental change in the way people think has and can be undone that simply.

Both genders are still valued by those standards
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by emmaodet: 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:

The patriarchy is improving, gradually, but it's a bit unrealistic to think it's 'no more there' and that such a fundamental change in the way people think has and can be undone that simply.

Both genders are still valued by those standards

You don't need a perfect society or a highly favourable condition to make it.
So far so good, a lot of active women have taken advantage of society now and doing very very good for themselves, family and spouse.
You don't need a perfect system before you stop complaining because a Failure will always have an Excuse where there is none.
For example, years ago when i was in JSS class, i had no textbooks because my parents were poor.
Do you know what? When i get to class, the little time i have, i borrow books from people whose parents provided all textbooks for them, they hardly read or use them. I do take some home to go read and jot important things down because tomorrow, i know i may not have the grace or liberty to have it.
Guess what? I am always either the first or second best in the class despite being at a position of lack educationally, financially or time wise because when i get home, i still help my family with business like poultry or farming.
Like i said, i had all the opportunities in the world to give an excuse for failing, All - from not having textbooks to not having time to study to not having money to eat sometimes when we convert No food, no breakfast to emergency fasting.
Like i said before - A Failure will always have an Excuse no matter what even where there in None.
What most ladies have today is more than enough to make them financially comfortable without relying on a man but Unfortunately, a large percentage of them are FAILURES.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by ibkayee(f): 3:10pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

You don't need a perfect society or a highly favourable condition to make it.
So far so good, a lot of active women have taken advantage of society now and doing very very good for themselves, family and spouse.
You don't need a perfect system before you stop complaining because a Failure will always have an Excuse where there is none.
For example, years ago when i was in JSS class, i had no textbooks because my parents were poor.
Do you know what? When i get to class, the little time i have, i borrow books from people whose parents provided all textbooks for them, they hardly read or use them. I do take some home to go read and jot important things down because tomorrow, i know i may not have the grace or liberty to have it.
Guess what? I am always either the first or second best in the class despite being at a position of lack educationally, financially or time wise because when i get home, i still help my family with business like poultry or farming.
Like i said, i had all the opportunities in the world to give an excuse for failing, All - from not having textbooks to not having time to study to not having money to eat sometimes when we convert No food, no breakfast to emergency fasting.
Like i said before - A Failure will always have an Excuse no matter what even where there in None.
What most ladies have today is more than enough to make them financially comfortable without relying on a man but Unfortunately, a large percentage of them are FAILURES.
I don't even know what we're debating, men and women are valued differently because of a system of traditions passed down from generations.

No matter how much more progressive things are currently, these standards are still a core part of most of our upbringing, and are reinforced in some way everywhere we go.

Are men valued more for their finances than women or not? Are women valued more for their looks than men or not? When the average woman is looking for a partner, what's the common criteria compared to when a man is looking for a partner? There will be exceptions but what is the common theme across each gender?

As far as marriage is concerned, is a broke woman viewed the same way as a broke man?

Who exactly is failing? Society is changing and plenty of women are taking advantage of this, the same Naija women working, contributing to their households financially, cooking, cleaning, and raising their kids at the same time?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by emmaodet: 3:18pm On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:

I don't even know what we're debating, men and women are valued differently because of a system of traditions passed down from generations.

No matter how much more progressive things are currently, these standards are still a core part of most of our upbringing, and are reinforced in some way everywhere we go.

Are men valued more for their finances than women or not? Are women valued more for their looks than men or not? When the average woman is looking for a partner, what's the common criteria compared to when a man is looking for a partner? There will be exceptions but what is the common theme across each gender?

As far as marriage is concerned, is a broke woman viewed the same way as a broke man?

Who exactly is failing? Society is changing and plenty of women are taking advantage of this, the same Naija women working, contributing to their households financially, cooking, cleaning, and raising their kids at the same time?

Like i said, the Expectations are changing and changing very very fast.
In the next 10-15 years from now, The middle and lower class won't encourage any man to marry a jobless or broke lady and this is a FACT.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by ibkayee(f): 3:26pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Like i said, the Expectations are changing and changing very very fast.
In the next 10-15 years from now, The middle and lower class won't encourage any man to marry a jobless or broke lady and this is a FACT.
Lol sure smiley
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by emmaodet: 4:22pm On May 14, 2020
Arthur2021:
lol...even broke girls want to date rich men too...

Hypocrite!
If broke women can want rich men,non virgin men can want virgin women.

You want women to date men above their financial class,but you dont want men to marry women more sexually disciplined than them...

Word!!
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by emmaodet: 4:23pm On May 14, 2020
Arthur2021:

Non virgin men can marry virgin women.

Women are dragged for being hoes because they are comfortable sleeping with men when not married

grin grin
Nice replys bro
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by onuku: 4:48pm On May 14, 2020
Hey lady,
Dang. Where have you been? Longest time. Missed your maturity on this forum.
MissRaine69:
if you are a broke woman, you have no business telling a broke man he is is useless....
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Liposure: 7:39pm On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:

Who exactly is failing? Society is changing and plenty of women are taking advantage of this, the same Naija women working, contributing to their households financially, cooking, cleaning, and raising their kids at

i like ur point. very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by MissRaine69(f): 8:18am On May 17, 2020
Ximenez:
in Nigeria, most women don't see themselves as broke, they believe they have been born with a Public Limited company aka vagina.
Well it’s limited especially if it’s the only asset
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by MissRaine69(f): 8:21am On May 17, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
SHE'S ALIVE!!
Covid duties
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by MissRaine69(f): 8:23am On May 17, 2020
Fidelismaria:

MissRaine69 welcome back

It has been a while I saw your post here

Thank you

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by MissRaine69(f): 8:24am On May 17, 2020
onuku:
Hey lady,
Dang. Where have you been? Longest time. Missed your maturity on this forum.
It’s been awhile indeed
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Ximenez(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2020
MissRaine69:

Well it’s limited especially if it’s the only asset
Are you in a relationship?
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 17, 2020
ibkayee:
Patriarchy, a system men created told men their value and worth lies in money and status, and women, their beauty. Therefore a broke woman can technically get away with telling a man he is useless since that isn't where her 'stock' lies
so true

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 8:32am On May 17, 2020
ibkayee:
"...and women,their beauty,Chastity ,Respect AND submission"

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 17, 2020
ibkayee:

You don't really have to explain anything to him . He knows that is how the society always view men and women. Men are valued by their financial capacity and power in the society while ladies are valued by their chastity and beauty.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by pryme(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2020
MissRaine69:

Covid duties

Hope the mortality rate is not as bad as the mainstream media is making out to be,
How is your "Front-line" experience the pandemic?
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by Silentgroper(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

I just saying, anyway, broke men should not complain when broke girl do not give broke men sex.

The highest broke men can offer is sex.

I have not seen any girl that says her future ambition is to date a broke man.
.. How is dating someone suppose to be a future ambition like what da hell.. Huh .. Mehn your lots has got a warped mentality
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table? by onuku: 9:24pm On May 17, 2020
Where have you been? Hope everything is okay.

MissRaine69:

It’s been awhile indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Will You Agree?? / Are Those Sex Scenes In Hollywood Movie For Real? / Gay Man Chasing Me : My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.