Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public (47659 Views)

Garba Shehu Reacts To Ibrahim Gambari's Appointment As Chief Of Staff / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by simhosting: 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
Report to me
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by bigiyaro(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
good, looks like you know your place. Good luck to you sir.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by ecnuel: 12:20pm On May 14, 2020
Karlifate:
I agree with him on this. The CoS & the PPS report "directly" to thier employer - Mr President, NOT the public.
It is part of the responsibility of the Minister of Information or SA on Publicity & Media to report directly to the public.
The bottomline is that he should his intellectual prowess & numerous experience to the good of his employer & by extension the Nigerians.
TIME WILL TELL!
I won't say you are wrong. But you mean he doesn't owe tax payers any allegiance seeing he's paid from our common sweat?
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by lildush(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2020
C DIS 1. U never start work u don dey make mouth.... congratulations anyway use Ur time well.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by wellmax(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Isn't the Chief of Staff a public official? What is he saying?

So they are no longer public officials, being paid from the purse of the civil service? If they report only to the President, then let the President pay them from his own private pocket!

They are the President's private staff, paid by government as benefit to the president. they are not public servants.

Soon you will ask the President's cook and driver to report to the public. Nonsense
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Sleekjunior(m): 12:32pm On May 14, 2020
but isnt the president meant to report to the people, or has an elected position changed its nature?
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 14, 2020
What are u say Oga COS
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by OlujobaSamuel: 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
ecnuel:

I won't say you are wrong. But you mean he doesn't owe tax payers any allegiance seeing he's paid from our common sweat?
No, he doesn't.
Kindly note that he swore no oath to the nation nor to the civil service commission. He can only be patriotic by serving the president in the interest of the nation, but if he chooses to serve some interest against the nation, we can't do anything, only the law can hold him accountable if it's a criminal offence.
His competence or otherwise, loyalty, allegiance, etc is to the principal.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by SexytorresE(f): 12:45pm On May 14, 2020
Oga farà bàlè Bubu once said “I’m for everybody and bla bla bla ...
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by bkool7(m): 12:48pm On May 14, 2020
ddippset:
Seriously? Did that come out of your brain?
Adesina said Buhari doesn't have to listen to Nigerians .
Maybe you Gambari and Buhari practise something else.
But we practise govt of the people and for the people.

Now, tell me what your brain tells you?
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Obakoolex(m): 12:51pm On May 14, 2020
That's how his boss said he belongs to nobody...But later belong to d north and cabals
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by afemgbosey(m): 12:52pm On May 14, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

God bless proff Agboola Gambari
God bless ovie omo-agege
God bless gbajabiamila
God bless proff osibanjo
God bless BOLA AHMED TINUBU

How about you? Don't you deserve His blessings? Oh you don't need it as long as they give you stipends
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by bkool7(m): 12:54pm On May 14, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

No, he doesn't.
Kindly note that he swore no oath to the nation nor to the civil service commission. He can only be patriotic by serving the president in the interest of the nation, but if he chooses to serve some interest against the nation, we can't do anything, only the law can hold him accountable if it's a criminal offence.
His competence or otherwise, loyalty, allegiance, etc is to the principal.
Please..

He didn't say he'll serve anyone in the interest of the nation.
He said he is here to serve the interest of Buhari.

Understand the contrast between.
He swears no oath but since he's under Buhari he is bound by the oath Buhari swore.

So far, can we all say the policies of Buhari have been 100% in the interest of Nigerians?

This man is telling us that whenever Nigerians interest comes in conflict with Buhari's he is solely here to pursue the former.

1 Like

Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Legendguru: 12:54pm On May 14, 2020
good for you
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by speedogravity(m): 12:57pm On May 14, 2020
Okay... Agbara sin gun baba. E go soo. Taya you. Iranu
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by igbowoman: 1:11pm On May 14, 2020
Because he knows there is no president
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:12pm On May 14, 2020
tomakint:
This one will be worst than Abba Kyari

I am beginning to think so from his past... one key thing 'betrayal'... hmmmm... but who are we to judge.. !!!
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by OlujobaSamuel: 1:24pm On May 14, 2020
bkool7:

Please..

He didn't say he'll serve anyone in the interest of the nation.
He said he is here to serve the interest of Buhari.

Understand the contrast between.
He swears no oath but since he's under Buhari he is bound by the oath Buhari swore.

So far, can we all say the policies of Buhari have been 100% in the interest of Nigerians?

This man is telling us that whenever Nigerians interest comes in conflict with Buhari's he is solely here to pursue the former.
I'm not talking about Buhari's policy or competency. I'm referring to the statement of the CoS. Check my previous comment before the one you quoted.
CoS and PPS are not public officers, he is just like Buhari personal cleaner, the only difference is that he has more ears of the principal to that of the cleaner.
Another example, we have the state house photographer and Buhari photographer (Bayo Omoboriowo), Bayo is a personal employee of the president even though the state might be the one responsible for his pay. It's not even a political post for party might dictate the occupant if it is.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by chaloskyx: 1:37pm On May 14, 2020
you would be there speaking big grammar once you get into that office now you would join them in further ruing this country. no doubt you are an erudite scholar but since you take orders from an illiterate i guess we should expect nothing great from you.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by princenaira(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2020
He is used to the game and power play.

He was the foreign minister of Buhari as a military president in the 80's
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by orisa37: 1:43pm On May 14, 2020
HE KNOWS HIS JOB.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by orisa37: 1:46pm On May 14, 2020
MR. PRESIDENT SHOULD PAY YOUR REMUNERATION FOR HIS PURSE.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by thundafire: 2:14pm On May 14, 2020
SLAP44:
Yes, while the president reports to the cabal.
he has been part of the cabal
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by omonnakoda: 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm not talking about Buhari's policy or competency. I'm referring to the statement of the CoS. Check my previous comment before the one you quoted.
CoS and PPS are not public officers, he is just like Buhari personal cleaner, the only difference is that he has more ears of the principal to that of the cleaner.
Another example, we have the state house photographer and Buhari photographer (Bayo Omoboriowo), Bayo is a personal employee of the president even though the state might be the one responsible for his pay. It's not even a political post for party might dictate the occupant if it is.

Terminology require definition
Public officer
Personal employee
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by barrypro: 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
They've started again
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Esteejay4u(m): 2:22pm On May 14, 2020
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Dikegodspower(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
God bless proff Agboola Gambari God bless ovie omo-agege God bless gbajabiamila God bless proff osibanjo God bless BOLA AHMED TINUBU
sycophant
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by fauda49(m): 3:02pm On May 14, 2020
Hunt27:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/i-report-only-to-the-president-not-the-public-says-gambari/amp/

Funny chap . When he was being interviewed by seun of channels reminded us that its iftar time . Still pandering to religious sentiments. When are we going to senior public officials who wont want to sway public with religious sentiments? Will he die if he breaks his after 10 mins after? He had to cut the interview short cos of iftar. God knows all these people are lunatics. We dont leaders who genuinely love this country. Mtschew.
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Godons1: 3:11pm On May 14, 2020
jaxxy:

Is that anywhere in the constitution that Igbo’s can not rule now? If u don’t start now to work for it, it will never happen. U don’t start 2day and it happens 2day. And yes an Igbo man will rule this country soon. My fellow northerner.

Weldone Joseph the dreamer. grin grin grin grin

Keep dreaming. grin

1 Like

Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:18pm On May 14, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Isn't the Chief of Staff a public official? What is he saying?

So they are no longer public officials, being paid from the purse of the civil service? If they report only to the President, then let the President pay them from his own private pocket!
the COS is the domestic staff of the president, more like P.A, just with little more roles. The role is not even recognised by the constitution, nah buhari suddenly give the role some level

1 Like

Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by nobsalis: 3:23pm On May 14, 2020
Jostoman:
None of our business if you like go and report to lai Muhammed or muric

Hehehehehehehehe �
Re: Gambari: I Report Only To The President, Not The Public by jaxxy(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2020
Godons1:

Weldone Joseph the dreamer. grin grin grin grin

Keep dreaming. grin

We are all dreaming one way Or The other. Even Buhari dreamt, same as goodluck. Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Launches Movement Of The People: Government To Shut African Shrine / House Of Representative Members Visit Tinubu In London (Photos) / Benue Lawmakers Climb Fence To Stop Impeachment Plot Against Ortom (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.