Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote (66835 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Lockdown Not Effective Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa Says / Covid-19: Lagos Lockdown Day 4 In Pictures / 2018 Osun Decides :cast Your Online Vote. Which Party Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by abbiboy: 10:37pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:
Salary earners who have not lost their jobs yet, single people who work online, essential workers, etc, will vote yes. Most others would vote no.

A lockdown is the most brainless way to fight the Coronavirus. Our leaders need to use their wits and imagination to figure out better, smarter ways.

We cannot afford to wreck the economy by locking it down. If we wreck the economy then where will we get the money needed to fight the virus?

Yet, we cannot afford to allow lots of people to get sick and be killed by the virus. The fear of being infected is enough to wreck the economy.

The only way forward is to use face-masks and enforce science-based infection minimization rules to protect lives and also protect the economy.

It is crucial to understand that, as a poor country with a large population, we don’t have the luxury of choosing between saving lives and saving the economy. We must get people back to work, and we must keep them safe.
Ur solutions or idea would've be far better than this national speech.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by edoairways: 10:37pm On May 13, 2020
Dshocker:
Definitely Lagosians will vote in their favour....Had it been that a country like Nigeria acted the way Canadian government did to her citizens,by giving them $2000,then you will see that half of the population of Lagos will vote for the lock down to continue till eternity.
Meaning those sets of Lagosians don't like work .
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by anonymuz(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2020
Onlinealaba:

The question is how long can the Lockdown be sustained till a cure or vaccine is found cos the economy is really bastardised now and any further lockdown will be very catastrophic . Well just feel so fly quoting Seun cool
same question i want answer to.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by kemii1395: 10:42pm On May 13, 2020
[color=#] 3478859[/color]
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by 1daboi: 10:43pm On May 13, 2020
chillex8:

Seun calm down.
You no dey use ears hear anything lockdown cheesy
chilex8 my man

grin
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Tapout(m): 10:43pm On May 13, 2020
yesloaded:

Well said Seun

I don't know why this government cannot reasonable for once

Governance is not all about embezzlement of funds

Government needs to enforce use of facemask like you said instead of all these useless online polls

This is government that cannot cater for citizen with common 1 cup of rice but instead collecting from us forcefully in the name of tax and stamp duty.

Large percentage of Nigerians lives from hand to mouth

Even countries with higher number of cases than Nigeria are not fully locked down

example??
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by chukzie2002: 10:43pm On May 13, 2020
KingKingKing:

You that value your life stay at home don't come out.

You are damn funny, Did you just say use facemasks? Don't you go out on the streets to see how non compliant Lagosians are? A lot of people do not value their lives thereby putting the lives of those who value their lives at risk!

The only language Nigerians understand is "Force" we gotta learn the hard way , we have sworn to be defiant and non compliant then we have to be locked up once again so as to protect those who are vulnerable from getting infected !

You also talk about the economy! Awww what a kind way to show how much you love the economy, ECONOMY MY FOOT! T
The economy u love so much is being manhandled by the ruling elits who plunder and loot from the proceeds of the economy, while the poor man on the street is left to die!

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY, WORRY ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU LOVE BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE LOST, GOVERNMENT HAS GOT NO CLUE ON HOW TO REVIVE THEM.

A HEALTHY LIFE IS A HEALTHY ECONOMY!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by chukzie2002: 10:46pm On May 13, 2020
You that value peoples life please stay at home

KingKingKing:

You are damn funny, Did you just say use facemasks? Don't you go out on the streets to see how non compliant Lagosians are? A lot of people do not value their lives thereby putting the lives of those who value their lives at risk!

The only language Nigerians understand is "Force" we gotta learn the hard way , we have sworn to be defiant and non compliant then we have to be locked up once again so as to protect those who are vulnerable from getting infected !

You also talk about the economy! Awww what a kind way to show how much you love the economy, ECONOMY MY FOOT! T
The economy u love so much is being manhandled by the ruling elits who plunder and loot from the proceeds of the economy, while the poor man on the street is left to die!

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY, WORRY ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU LOVE BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE LOST, GOVERNMENT HAS GOT NO CLUE ON HOW TO REVIVE THEM.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Alexk2(m): 10:47pm On May 13, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Mr. Health worker abi lazy government staff. No single point from all u just write now.
If covid419 happened to be d way u few persons benefiting from it were painting it, we all supposed don die by now.
I've not stopped working for one day despite lockdown..so my points isn't about work or laziness but the reality. If you don't buy my solution, tell us a better option....@ least I know that living in ignorance is definitely not an option to consider.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Jakemedg(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
Tyranny up by 200% over coronahoax
Tyranny by Gov.Sanwoolu ,Pres.Buhari or who? coronahoax ? hehe you are just daft and only know how to derail threads
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Chikelue2000(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2020
FlordFlorez:
U lack enlightment on how things like this work. Whats now the essence of sample survey? Do u expect all the populance of Lagos to vote. Even during Nigeria presidential election, despite our large population of over 200millions only handful of 20millions vote (not online o, ballot voting) despite wayo voting o, manipulation of votes, etc. What am saying in ensence is that every group of people living in lagos are well represented online, mr man.
wail all u want.....d majority of such votes won't mean what d large populace of Lagos wants....

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by FlordFlorez(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2020
Chikelue2000:
wail all u want.....d majority of such votes won't mean what d large populace of Lagos wants....
Mr man must u insult? U and i know that u are the wailer here, running to my post to quote me. I wont grant u sure honour again by quoting u back.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by huptin(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2020
sonnie10:

Did you know that influenza killed about 50 million people and affected over 500 million worldwide? Just between 1918 and 1919. The reason is because there was no lockdown and social distancing.

The situations are still the same, mankind is fighting an unseen enemy.
There is a choice to be made; good health or economic well-being?
Igbos who are know for their pursuit for economic well being still recognized that “ndu ka aku”

Why are you talking of what happened a 100 years ago, when we have current data and very goood insights into the characteristics of this virus, it is nowhere as deadly as Ebola, if it were so the proverbial corpses on the street would be taken place now, data suggests that even in the worst climes this covid 19 has a low morbidity rate, in fact according to NCDC 80 percent of infected individuals will show no symptoms while 97 per cent will recover by themselves even without any drugs... the question is “Is it worth destroying the largest economy in Africa over... THINK SOMALIA, it is when you have a full stomach that you will care about corona, have u ever seen a baby die of hunger? You will know that there are worst things than corona... in Venezuela bank managers were eating from the refuse dumps...Nigeria that cannot revive NEPA for donkey years can not revive a dead economy, the economy is not something to toy with any how!

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Biafranguy1(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2020
Loading... I will be right back!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by enemyofprogress: 11:03pm On May 13, 2020
All that one na wash Government wey fit rig election na this one dem no go rig? Abeg go prepare for an other lockdown again jo
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by kemii2505: 11:04pm On May 13, 2020
[color=#] 2089825[/color]
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by mechanics(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2020
What they should do is that, maybe they should be a partial lockdown for now, like four days lockdown and three days free movement.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by yom2(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2020
chillex8:

Seun calm down.
You no dey use ears hear anything lockdown cheesy
and u what are u gaining from it? If u know the catastrophic social economic damage the last one has done u wount call for another. Even if u are well to do how about people around u. It took the intervention of the CBN to avert another mass sack in the banking industry. U people should just stop being selfish and narrow minded. The industry u find urself may be immuned today and become unstable tomorrow

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Banky16(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2020
Sanwolu is a stupid man

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 11:11pm On May 13, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. What's covid19?

Are you serious right now?

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Seun(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2020
Alexk2:
I disagree with you on this Seun. It was so premature in the first place to ease the lockdown when we did considering these three important factors;
1. We were so far behind in the area of testing so much so that community transmission broke forth before we could manage the foreign import cases. up till now, we are still lagging before compared to where we should be by now. Just imagine how many covid 19 virus carriers are walking in the streets of Lagos and sharing it since last week Monday!

2. Due to our failure above, the number of cases will keep increasing for now; we're still far from reaching the "peak" and the only logical option for now is a total lockdown while the govt must as a matter of urgency work on testing rates, isolation and management of Victims; this isn't about just Lagos state but the whole country.

3. Locking down FCT, Lagos and Ogun state only is a disaster in it's own from the start.....even if we succeed in these three places after an effective lockdown, people will carry the virus back to Lagos and Abuja thereafter. BTW, the borders are as porus as ever even during lock down.....yes I know someone will remind me of Kogi and cross-river state but it's only a typical Ostrich story who dip her head inside the ground claiming she's fine so far she's unaware of what's going on around her...It is better we face the reality now or we all face the consequences later; the choice is ours.
It is a choice between life/health and wealth/economy. Only the living talks about money bro.
Here's the problem. Everything that needs to be done to fight the virus costs money. Test-kits, laboratories, PCR machines, and reagents cost money. Isolation centers cost money to build and to run. Qualified health experts to run the facilities and the PPE to protect them cost a lot of money. Drugs and equipment to treat the sick cost money. ICU beds, ventilators, oxygen, etc. As we have more active cases, the cost will grow. Surveillance of every community in Nigeria so that outbreaks can be detected early and squashed through aggressive testing and contact tracing costs money. Giving poor, jobless people food so that they won't revolt costs money. And the source of all this money is the economy.

If we let the economy crash, we won't be able to afford those things, and the deaths we're trying to avoid will still happen due to lack of funds.

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 13, 2020
i swear they rigged the election as usual
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by ibidapko(m): 11:15pm On May 13, 2020
I can't believe that any goverment that's worth it salt will so shamefuly abdicate it's function to the public in such a reckless manner by calling for a vote of the Lockdown issue.
Is this not an open acknowledgement that THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO?

What has the government done to alleviate the sufferings of the populace during the Covid-19 lockdown?

My suggestion:
LET THEM BEGIN BY DISTRIBUTING FREE FACE MASK AT BUS STOPS, TRAFFIC, MARKETS AND PUBLIC PLACES.

The joblessly idle LASTMA official can be effectively engaged to do this. At least they will be meaningfully engaged instead of lazing about at round-about and the traffic oggling women backsides, boobs and laps in the guise of controlling traffic.
sad
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by alphaRego01(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2020
KingKingKing:

U should be thanking God because u and ur family have enof to eat.and what u are saying now dosent represent the best for the normal nigerian.so,u are being hypocritically selfish.we know ur type

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Chikelue2000(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Mr man must u insult? U and i know that u are the wailer here, running to my post to quote me. I wont grant u sure honour again by quoting u back.
now i smell childish thoughts.....where did I insult u?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by baysol: 11:19pm On May 13, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-lagos-subjects-fresh-lockdown-to-online-vote/
Playing Russian roulette with lives. The people have no say in this since people were given the opportunity to prove themselves disciplined by social distancing but have severally flouted it.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Emmasnoop(m): 11:22pm On May 13, 2020
The jobless ones wants lockdown because they have nothing to loose.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by yom2(m): 11:24pm On May 13, 2020
KingKingKing:

so it is now that government has waking up to caring for its citizens Abi? And the only way to effect it now is a lockdown. So how do u explain all the millions of life's lost in past years do to neglect?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Jets Out To Dubai For Delivery Of Daughter, Zahra, As Agitation Con / President Buhari's Picture With Archbishop Of Canterbury: Nigerians React / Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.