Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? (1342 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Ayo199(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2020
What are your beliefs about speaking in tongues?
Some denominations preach against it while to some, it is for show off and ego..
The view of the bible about it..
1Cor.14.2 - For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1Cor.14.6 - But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

1Cor.14.8 - For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?

1Cor.14.9 - So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.

1Cor.14.11 - Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me

What are your views concerning speaking in tongues??

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Righteousness89(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2020
Speaking in Tongues is not just mere rabababa..

It is a Gift of GOD on Those who are Genuinely Born-again and Sanctified.

When You speak in tongues you speaking the Heavenly Language..

You confuse the kingdom of darkness..

You Awake the Host of Heaven to your Matter

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by WINDSOW(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2020
Nigeria Christians don spoil am. Some dey use am compose songs.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
Nigeria Christian's don spoil am. Some dey use am compise songs.

You can sing with it. It has happened to me before and i didnt compose it. Was just observing an hour of refreshing in the Holy Ghost. All of a sudden my tone changed to singing tune and I just let it flow. it was the most wonderful moment. So the it not fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
It hasten answers to prayers as the enemy is kept in the dark while you're praying in the Holy ghost and so before they will get what you're saying and try to hijack answers to your prayers, you have already received it.

You can only speak in tongues on your own as its between you and God for your own edification except if someone with the gift of interpretation of tongues is there to interpret then you can speak in the congregation.

Speaking in tongues helps you pray accordingly cos sometimes we run out of what to pray or how to pray. So the Holy spirit gives us utterances that enables us to pray aright. As in, hit the nail on the head to bring speedy answers. It works.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by EzeNdiAra: 10:49pm On May 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
Nigeria Christian's don spoil am. Some dey use am compise songs.

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by MasterJayJay: 11:18pm On May 13, 2020
What's the point of speaking what you can't understand?

I loved how Paul the apostle talked about the interpretation.

Some people would fabricate all sorts of gibberish in the name of speaking in tongues
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On May 13, 2020
Righteousness89:
Speaking in Tongues is not just mere rabababa..
It is a Gift of GOD on Those who are Genuinely Born-again and Sanctified.
When You speak in tongues you speaking the Heavenly Language..
You confuse the kingdom of darkness..

You Awake the Host of Heaven to your Matter

What heavenly language? Look in the book of Acts my friend. The disciples spoke languages that were understood by other men.
You confuse the kingdom of darkness, but not the kingdom of men? If men who are by definition evil are able to understand what is being spoken, then what makes you think the kingdom of darkness will be confused?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Iamemblem(m): 11:48pm On May 13, 2020
Don't do any business with @Ayo199 if you don't want to cry. I have paid him 20k naira since 2 days and yet haven't received PayPal fund I paid for. He blocked me from whatsapp for asking refunds. He is a scammer
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On May 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
Nigeria Christians don spoil am. Some dey use am compose songs.
I don't know of composing songs but those who speak in tongues (mind you not the gibberish that is glossolalia), are able to sing songs in the languages of the gifted tongue.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Iamemblem(m): 12:37am On May 14, 2020
Iamemblem:
Don't do any business with @Ayo199 if you don't want to cry. I have paid him 20k naira since 2 days and yet haven't received PayPal fund I paid for. He blocked me from whatsapp for asking refunds. He is a scammer

He will block you after getting your money
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Iamemblem(m): 12:46am On May 14, 2020
The name and Account used for scamming - EVANS ORUAMEN ELAKHE
FCMB
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Futuragetty: 6:56am On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

You can sing to it. It has happened to me before and i didn't compose it. Was just observing an hour of refreshing in the Holy Ghost. All of a sudden my tone changed to singing tune and I just let it flow. it was the most wonderful moment. So the it not fake.
I agree. It never happened to me. what has, is hotness sensation. My mum and I were praying about something we both agreed on, I felt all hyper and filled with positive thoughts, the holy spirit. I felt hot and couldn't cool myself off. Oh goodness, I was touched and I felt the heat of the Holy Spirit.

Tbh, I wish I had that gift but I don't. maybe I'd grow to get there. and Y'all need to know that it's not for everybody.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 14, 2020
Futuragetty:

I agree. It never happened to me. what has, is hotness sensation. My mum and I were praying about something we both agreed on, I felt all hyper and filled with positive thoughts, the holy spirit. I felt hot and couldn't cool myself off. Oh goodness, I was touched and I felt the heat of the Holy Spirit. Wow that's great!

Tbh, I wish I had that gift but I don't. maybe I'd grow to get there. and Y'all need to know that it's not for everybody.

The gift of speaking in tongues is for every genuine born again child of God. In fact, it's a must for all believers. Please seek to have it cos its a powerful tool that gives believers the boldness and victory over situations.

According to Mark 16:16-17b Jesus says " He that believeth and is baptized ( of the Holy Ghost) shall be saved but he that believeth not shall be damned" he went onto say in 17b
"And These signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall speak with new tongues."

So its a must to be baptized in the Holy spirit if you are truly a believer.

Hunger and thirst for it and you shall receive it. It may take time, it may not even take time but you'll surely receive it if you sincerely hunger for it.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Futuragetty: 9:30am On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

The gift of speaking in tongues is for every genuine born again child of God. In fact, it's a must for all believers. Please seek to have it cos its a powerful tool that gives believers the boldness and victory over situations.

According to Mark 16:16-17b Jesus says " He that believeth and is baptized ( of the Holy Ghost) shall be saved but he that believeth not shall be damned" he went onto say in 17b
"And These signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall speak with new tongues."

So its a must to be baptized in the Holy spirit if you are truly a believer.

Hunger and thirst for it and you shall receive it. It may take time, it may not even take time but you'll surely receive it if you sincerely hunger for it.

Shalom.

Amen! Sister, I'm inspired. may the gift of speaking in tongue find it's way to me.
Thank you for the Bible reference.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 14, 2020
Futuragetty:

Amen! Sister, I'm inspired. may the gift of speaking in tongue find it's way to me.
Thank you for the Bible reference.

Amen dear. And you'll have it in Jesus name. smiley stay spirit-filled.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

You can sing with it. It has happened to me before and i didnt compose it. Was just observing an hour of refreshing in the Holy Ghost. All of a sudden my tone changed to singing tune and I just let it flow. it was the most wonderful moment. So the it not fake.
Are you able to record and post a song like one of those on here for us to hear please? I am quite curious
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 14, 2020
Speaking is the only way to communicate with fellow humans, but because we speak different languages it becomes a challenge to communicate with people of other races.

So for the Good News of God's Kingdom to circulate the entire inhabited earth, God enabled Christ's first century followers to speak foreign languages at Pentecost! Act 2:4

But it's just a sign of what true Christians will achieve in the end time, in fulfilment of it today Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching and teaching God's word in virtually all the Languages on planet earth!

Religionists pretending to imitate speaking in tongues but have no specific purpose were asked to stop the nonsense in the first century! 1Corinthians 14:13-19, 27-30

Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you able to record and post a song like one of those on here for us to hear please? I am quite curious

Of course not. Its a spiritual exercise and recording will cause some form of distraction or should I say make it seem more of the flesh when one is actually meant to be lost in the spirit. cheesy.

I can't record it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

Of course not. Its a spiritual exercise and recording will cause some form of distraction or should I say make it seem more of the flesh when one is actually meant to be lost in the spirit. cheesy.
I can't record it.
Are your vocal cords not engaged when you sing these songs? Is your brain and mind not tuned in when you are singing? Do you have to attain a level of concentration or something before the songs flow through your mouth? Do the songs only come through when you are thinking particular thoughts? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are your vocal cords not engaged when you sing these songs? Is your brain and mind not tuned in when you are singing? Do you have to attain a level of concentration or something before the songs flow through your mouth? Do the songs only come through when you are thinking particular thoughts? undecided undecided undecided

Look, speaking in tongue is a mystery. I can't explain and don't know how it comes cos its not premeditated. ( for those who genuinely speak in tongues) it something that just comes in between praying like a rush of wind and takes over your entire being for a moment then releases you again. Then it comes again and again like that until you're done. So how can you record such? I can't really explain it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

Look, speaking in tongue is a mystery. I can't explain and don't know how it comes cos its not premeditated. ( for those who genuinely speak in tongues) it something that just comes in between praying like a rush of wind and takes over your entire being for a moment then releases you again.
Only in between prayer? Like a rush? Paul does not suggest it has anything to do with prayer. Corinthians 14... According to paul, there are those who are able to sing and they should sing only when it is appropriate for such... meaning they have some amount of control over when they should sing. Is that how it is for you?
Eulalia:

Then it comes again and again like that until you're done. So how can you record such? I can't really explain it.
The same song or different songs?

To record, I would simply use the app on my phone to record the song and then upload it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Only in between prayer? Like a rush? Paul does not suggest it has anything to do with prayer. Corinthians 14... According to paul, there are those who are able to sing and they should sing only when it is appropriate for such... meaning they have some amount of control over when they should sing. Is that how it is for you?

The same song or different songs?

To record, I would simply use the app on my phone to record the song and then upload it.

Sir, please I don't know about recording it. Never done it and don't plan on doing it.

As for having control, it depends on the intensity of the prayer. Sometimes you can't control but there are times it will be so overwhelming that you won't be able to control it until He leaves you.
I remember one day I was praying in the spirit and wanted to stop, I couldn't,. I tried, I couldn't. I began to cry and beg "holy spirit please, Holy spirit please". He didn't let go. I became exhausted and collapsed on my bed but it was still prompting me. I kept mute but He was still pushing. after a while, it left me. Mehn that was a memorable one.

So it depends on the intensity.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

As for having control, it depends on the intensity of the prayer. Sometimes you can't control but there are times it will be so overwhelming that you won't be able to control it until He leaves you.
What do you mean by intensity of Prayer? And by the way, what language is this prayer being carried on in? Your native tongue?
Eulalia:

I remember one day I was praying in the spirit and wanted to stop, I couldn't,.
Praying in the spirit? What do you mean by this?
Eulalia:

I tried, I couldn't. I began to cry and beg "holy spirit please, Holy spirit please". He didn't let go. I became exhausted and collapsed on my bed but it was still prompting me. I kept mute but He was still pushing. after a while, it left me. Mehn that was a memorable one.
So it depends on the intensity.
So where you "praying in the spirit" or singing in a foreign tongue? undecided
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What do you mean by intensity of Prayer?

And by the way, what language is this prayer being carried on in? Your native tongue? Not my native tongue but in strange tongues.

Praying in the spirit? What do you mean by this? Speaking in tongues

So where you "praying in the spirit" or singing in a foreign tongue? undecided
both

Why all these questions by the way?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:
both
Why all these questions by the way?
Curious !
Have you bothered to ask God what language it is you are singing in?
What happens after these "Praying/Singing in Spirit" sessions are over?
Do you get to learn what it was you were singing or talking/praying about?
Do you get all of your prayers answered as a result of the Praying/Singing in a different tongues?
When you pass out, does the singing/praying in the foreign language continue to come right out of your mouth?
Do you also pray/sing in the foreign language when you are around other people or going about your day?
Have you come across the use of the word "Abba" or "Adonai" during the times you are singing/praying in tongues?
Do you ever have an idea if you are praising God or just talking in general when speaking/praying in tongues?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Bojack(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2020
rababarezegebebegagadofomodede
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Curious !
Have you bothered to ask God what language it is you are singing in? nope. Why should I. The Holy spirit gave me utterance to speak in mystery to God a.d you want me to start asking again. I don't think it my biz yo know. Mine is to believe that God has heard me

What happens after these "Praying/Singing in Spirit" sessions are over? Im refreshed. Like a burden is lifted off me

Do you get to learn what it was you were singing or talking/praying about? Huh

Do you get all of your prayers answered as a result of the Praying/Singing in a different tongues? Glory be to God. Hes been faithful

When you pass out, does the singing/praying in the foreign language continue to come right out of your mouth?
Lol... @" pass out" I didn't pass out. I "collapsed" on my bed. More like I couldn't stand the pressure. And yes it was still coming out even though I tried suppressing it.

Do you also pray/sing in the foreign language when you are around other people or going about your day?
Have you come across the use of the word "Abba" or "Adonai" during the times you are singing/praying in tongues? Nope.

Do you ever have an idea if you are praising God or just talking in general when speaking/praying in tongues?
Did I mention specifically if I was praising God with the singing? This is best known to the Holy spirit. So cant answer that one.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On May 14, 2020
Have you bothered to ask God what language it is you are singing in?
Eulalia:

nope. Why should I. The Holy spirit gave me utterance to speak in mystery to God a.d you want me to start asking again. I don't think it my biz yo know. Mine is to believe that God has heard me
Who said anything about it being a mystery though? When the Disciples spoke in tongues, in the book of Acts, what they spoke was known by the the jews from different lands who came back to Jerusalem for the passover.

What happens after these "Praying/Singing in Spirit" sessions are over?
Eulalia:
Im refreshed. Like a burden is lifted off me
A known burden is lifted fully off of you? Or you simply imagine a burden lifted? If a known burden, is the lifting permanent or do you find yourself worrying about the same things sometime down the line?

Do you get all of your prayers answered as a result of the Praying/Singing in a different tongues?
Eulalia:
Glory be to God. Hes been faithful
Does this mean you get answers to your prayers as a result of this ?
Have you come across the use of the word "Abba" or "Adonai" during the times you are singing/praying in tongues?
Eulalia:
Nope.
Eulalia:
Did I mention specifically if I was praising God with the singing? This is best known to the Holy spirit. So cant answer that one.
Don't you worry that you could be chanting to foreign gods at all?
Do you get to learn what it was you were singing or talking/praying about? I mean do you have any idea what you were singing or talking/praying about?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Who said anything about it being a mystery though? When the Disciples spoke in tongues, in the book of Acts, what they spoke was known by the the jews from different lands who came back to Jerusalem for the passover.

There are diverse kind of tongues and which was what the deciples spoke and there is speaking in new tongues which is the strange tongues only God understands. Now the diverse kind of tongues is speaking in other people's language, which was why the people there were able to undestand what the deciples were saying because it was in their language

A known burden is lifted fully off of you? YES Or you simply imagine a burden lifted? I DONT IMAGINE, I KNOW. If a known burden, is the lifting permanent or do you find yourself worrying about the same things sometime down the line?

Does this mean you get answers to your prayers as a result of this ? YES

Don't you worry that you could be chanting to foreign gods at all?

Do you also pray/sing in the foreign language when you are around other people or going about your day? NOPE

Do you get to learn what it was you were singing or talking/praying about? I mean do you have any idea what you were singing or talking/praying about? YES.. YOU HAVE TO EXPRESS IT FIRST IN THE LANGUAGE YOU UNDERSTAND AND THEN ASK THE HOLY GHOST TO TAKE OVER OR YOU MIGHT BE PRAYING IT IN ENGLISH AND THEN SUDDENLY YOU"LL SUPERNATURALLY SWITCH TO PRAYING IT IN TONGUES
Re: Speaking In Tongues: What Are Your Views About It? by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:

There are diverse kind of tongues and which was what the deciples spoke and there is speaking in new tongues which is the strange tongues only God understands. Now the diverse kind of tongues is speaking in other people's language which was why the people were able to undestand what the deciples were saying because it was thier language
Diverse kind of tongues? The word "tongue" refers to "language". So when speaking in "tongues" even though the language may not be known to you, it is most certainly known somewhere in the world of men. What other tongue would there be?
Eulalia:
I DONT IMAGINE, I KNOW.
Give me an example please of what you mean by a burden being lifted?
Eulalia:
YES
Can you speak of a prayer that was answered the last time you experienced the speaking/singing in tongues?
Eulalia:
NOPE
It only happens when no one is around?
Eulalia:
YES.. YOU HAVE TO EXPRESS IT FIRST IN THE LANGUAGE YOU UNDERSTAND AND THEN ASK THE HOLY GHOST TO TAKE OVER OR YOU MIGHT BE PRAYING IT IN ENGLISH AND THEN YOU"LL SUPERNATURALLY SWITCH TO PRAYING IT IN TONGUES
Have you ever asked for interpretation to be given you so you know that what you speak afterwards coincides in some way with what was spoken earlier in English?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anniversary: The Boys'Brigade @137 And The Boys'Brigade Nigeria @112 / Are Atheists Smarter Than Believers? / A Comparative Analysis Of Paradise In Islam And Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.