Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why (987 Views)

Adventures of SOLO {Comedy Series} / David Oyelowo, Oprah Winfrey To Produce Yvonne Orji’s Comedy Series / New Comedy Series By 3 Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 9:35pm On May 13, 2020
Why is friends series so popular?

The primary reason behind the success of Friends TV Show was the connect its cast had with the audience. It’s an emotion that makes you laugh and cry; it’s something you can’t get enough of. The Friends TV Show is a show that most of my friends and family have watched more than 10 times yet everyone still watches it.
Friends is a group of 6 friends who faced life challenges together…Below link are reviews and comments about friends

Check the reviews and comments from link above, watch the Friends series and thank me later

The amazing thing about friends is that even though Life was unfair to them, they had eachother to share it with…
Friends is the best comedy series I’ve ever  watched in my life…You should watch it too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by Debbie34: 9:52pm On May 13, 2020
maxevans:

The primary reason behind the success of Friends TV Show was the connect its cast had with the audience. It’s an emotion that makes you laugh and cry; it’s something you can’t get enough of. The Friends TV Show is a show that most of my friends and family have watched more than 10 times yet everyone still watches it.
Friends is a group of 6 friends who faced life challenges together…Below link are reviews and comments about friends

https://thewildanddomestic.com/friends-is-still-the-best-comedy-series-in-the-world-heres-why/

Check the reviews and comments from link above, watch the Friends series and thank me later

The amazing thing about friends is that even though Life was unfair to them, they had eachother to share it with…
Friends is the best comedy series I’ve ever  watched in my life…You should watch it too

So true, Friends is the best ever 100% a very emotional show, the show will make you cry and laugh at the same time, the ending was completely worth it though..To all friends lover I say cheers,

2 Likes

Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by meobizy(f): 11:34pm On May 13, 2020
Meh. Every generation has theirs. It was Seinfield for the boomers, Friends for the guys a little below that and The Big Bang Theory for millennials. For black people there’s The Fresh Prince and Martin.

2 Likes

Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 12:13am On May 14, 2020
meobizy:
Meh. Every generation has theirs. It was Seinfield for the boomers, Friends for the guys a little below that and The Big Bang Theory for millennials. For black people there’s The Fresh Prince and Martin.
which of the above mentioned has a reunion long after the show ended... Friends is the only show that has a reunion 16years after it ended...it is so loved around the world, Even the big bang theory made mentioned of Jennifer Aniston movie: friends, Kaley cuoco(penny) made mention of friends in Bbt...if u doubt me watch the season 5 of Bbt again
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by meobizy(f): 12:18am On May 14, 2020
maxevans:

which of the above mentioned has a reunion long after the show ended... Friends is the only show that has a reunion 16years after it ended...it is so loved around the world, Even the big bang theory made mentioned of Jennifer Aniston movie: friends, Kaley cuoco(penny) made mention of friends in Bbt...if u doubt me watch the season 5 of Bbt again
The Fresh Prince had a virtual reunion about a week or two ago. Beverly Hills 90210 has reunions from time to time and even a modern revival of the series.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 1:24am On May 14, 2020
meobizy:

The Fresh Prince had a virtual reunion about a week or two ago. Beverly Hills 90210 has reunions from time to time and even a modern revival of the series.

hahaha...A virtual reunion, you're totally making this up, how come , I've never heard of fresh Prince before, even if you Google best comedy series, friends, how I met your mother, bbt, etc will show up, I have never seen or heard of The fresh Prince or Beverly hills comedy show.... it's clearly not a global movie
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 1:32am On May 14, 2020
meobizy:

so I Google your show about fresh Prince and found out will Smith was the lead actor, check out what will Smith himself said...

''The sitcom ended after six seasons because Will Smith felt it was losing steam, and he wanted his acting career to go full force.''
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by meobizy(f): 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
maxevans:

so I Google your show about fresh Prince and found out will Smith was the lead actor, check out what will Smith himself said...

''The sitcom ended after six seasons because Will Smith felt it was losing steam, and he wanted his acting career to go full force.''
...and? Friends was losing steam also. That a show is popular doesn't mean the cast don't tire of it after a while.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by meobizy(f): 12:40pm On May 14, 2020
maxevans:

hahaha...A virtual reunion, you're totally making this up, how come , I've never heard of fresh Prince before, even if you Google best comedy series, friends, how I met your mother, bbt, etc will show up, I have never seen or heard of The fresh Prince or Beverly hills comedy show.... it's clearly not a global movie
I've never seen a tiger in my village so they don't exist. Tigers are actually leopards which the white man artificially manipulated their spots into stripes.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 12:52pm On May 14, 2020
meobizy:

...and? Friends was losing steam also. That a show is popular doesn't mean the cast don't tire of it after a while.

Hold the phone...Did you just say friends was loosing steam; ? Friends never lost steam; I gurantee you if you watch friends you'll be watching the show the rest of your life...read the reviews via the link I sent, the reviews about friends on quora and plz once again...Derz no comedy show like friends, i repeat Friends never lost its steam, i cannot overemphasize this show enough, so I'll let the reviews do the rest...
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 12:53pm On May 14, 2020
meobizy:

I've never seen a tiger in my village so they don't exist. Tigers are actually leopards which the white man artificially manipulated their spots into stripes.
This has no relevance here...
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by meobizy(f): 12:56pm On May 14, 2020
maxevans:

Hold the phone...Did you just say friends was loosing steam; ? Friends never lost steam; I gurantee you if you watch friends you'll be watching the show the rest of your life...read the reviews via the link I sent, the reviews about friends on quora and plz once again...Derz no comedy show like friends, i repeat Friends never lost its steam, i cannot overemphasize this show enough, so I'll let the reviews do the rest...
Okay. Good. I'll exit the thread now. I should have done so after my first comment.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 1:04pm On May 14, 2020
meobizy:

Okay. Good. I'll exit the thread now. I should have done so after my first comment.
when you made mention of The fresh Prince I did my research before commenting, please research about friends as well... read the reviews via the link, and Google it, you'll see the great difference...thanks
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by DriggityDre: 3:14am On May 15, 2020
meobizy:
You have a point, although Friends is currently regarded as the best sitcom.

maxevans:

when you made mention of The fresh Prince I did my research before commenting, please research about friends as well... read the reviews via the link, and Google it, you'll see the great difference...thanks
Guy, slow down. It might just be his opinion. Friends is the best, yes, but not everyone was into it.
Personally, I was annoyed with Rachel sometimes but I enjoyed the series. You can still express yourself without being a fanatic. It didn't sound like meobizy was trying to argue.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by VerifiedStalin: 8:24am On May 15, 2020
maxevans:

https://thewildanddomestic.com/friends-is-still-the-best-comedy-series-in-the-world-heres-why/

This is a completely subjective topic. Every reputable review out there has it's own list, and in each list, the top 5 varies.

Seinfeld is even more universally acclaimed. It made the top 5 in 9 of out 11 websites I perused, while Friends only made top 5 in 3 out of 11. Unlike you, I base my findings on a thorough internet research that's devoid of personal bias.

My top picks are Rotten Tomatoes and Rolling Stones, since they are the numerouno of aggregate websites. Wanted to include Metacritic, but they use a more complicated system;

1. On Rotten Tomatoes best TV comedy TV Shows of all time, Seinfeld topped the list. Friends is ranked 7th.

2. On Rolling Stone's 100 best TV shows of all time, Seinfeld placed 5th. Friends placed 26th.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by VerifiedStalin: 8:25am On May 15, 2020
DriggityDre:

Guy, slow down. It might just be his opinion. Friends is the best, yes, but not everyone was into it.
Personally, I was annoyed with Rachel sometimes but I enjoyed the series. You can still express yourself without being a fanatic. It didn't sound like meobizy was trying to argue.

Do your research, Seinfeld has more clout than Friends.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 8:59am On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Seinfeld series is older than friends it started in 1989 and ended in 1998, while friends started in 994 and ended in 2004, infact I think Seinfeld was mentioned in friends, if Seinfeld has more clout than friends why is there no call for reunion by Seinfeld fans... Friends fans called for a reunion, the demand was so high that the director had no choice but to do smtin for the fans... Thanks for mentioning Seinfeld, I'll go and watch the series
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 9:02am On May 15, 2020
DriggityDre:

please elaborate, why were you annoyed with Rachel..? the queen of Hollywood...and I wasn't arguing sir, I did my findings
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 9:10am On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

This is a completely subjective topic. Every reputable review out there has it's own list, and in each list, the top 5 varies.

Seinfeld is even more universally acclaimed. It made the top 5 in 9 of out 11 websites I perused, while Friends only made top 5 in 3 out of 11. Unlike you, I base my findings on a thorough internet research that's devoid of personal bias.

My top picks are Rotten Tomatoes and Rolling Stones, since they are the numerouno of aggregate websites. Wanted to include Metacritic, but they use a more complicated system;

1. On Rotten Tomatoes best TV comedy TV Shows of all time, Seinfeld topped the list. Friends is ranked 7th.

2. On Rolling Stone's 100 best TV shows of all time, Seinfeld placed 5th. Friends placed 26th.

thanks so much for this, I went to IMDB to do my findings as well and it turns out..you just might be right about Seinfeld...it was termed in IMDb as the funniest comedy sitcom in the world..hmmmn, I should go and watch that show ASAP
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by charlesm91(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2020
Personally i feel it’s all about demographics and whats best is subjective. To the blacks in america, the cosby show was the holy grail- it told the story from the black man’s pov before fresh prince and martin carried the flame. And yes friends was good but to each his own. I prefer the usual black comedy sitcoms. As for reunions it’s not a must and doesn’t elevate the validity of one show being greater than the other. So many factors need to be considered before such can take place. Even Friends reunion i read they are going to be paid a staggering amount for it to happen meaning it just wasn’t for the sake of coming together- it’s business.
The fresh prince once had a reunion (not in the manner friends own will be) but it’ll always have a scar no matter what cos of the fall out between will smith and the first aunt viv; also the death of uncle phil (james avery). Besides, Will Smith has risen to a more prominent figure and is most times busy so it’s difficult for a reunion to happen (one of the casts said so)
Martin which to me is my personal fav comedy sitcom also had its problems off cameras most especially the fifth season and hence Martin decided to end it. Martin, Gina and Cole feuded for years. It took Tommy’s death for them to have a rethink and a reconciliation. There’s been talks of a reunion but with Martin coming out of break to take on more projects like the bad boys and other plans, it becomes difficult. Also Tommy is dead and so it adds a bittersweet feeling should it happen.
P.S Martin took a lot of inspiration from Seinfield. Hence Sienfield is always been revered by all.

Most Sitcoms have it’s faithful fans and nothing you say can change because people grew up and were impacted differently.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by VerifiedStalin: 10:40am On May 15, 2020
maxevans:

Seinfeld series is older than friends it started in 1989 and ended in 1998, while friends started in 994 and ended in 2004, infact I think Seinfeld was mentioned in friends, if Seinfeld has more clout than friends why is there no call for reunion by Seinfeld fans... Friends fans called for a reunion, the demand was so high that the director had no choice but to do smtin for the fans... Thanks for mentioning Seinfeld, I'll go and watch the series

Bro, period doesn't factor in when the topic denotes 'best of all time'.

Also, great comedies are not judged by reunions. In fact, every dated mediocre to decent TV shows with cult followings have had reunions. Seinfeld had it's reunion episode 14 years ago in 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' (a popular Seinfeld spinoff comedy tv show).

I like both shows, but Seinfeld was the stronger show in my opinion. It still holds up and makes me laugh whenever I see it. Friends, on the other hand, feels very dated now.

My personal top 10 comedy tv shows;

1. Faulty Towers
2. Blackadder
3. Monty Python's Flying Circus
4. Seinfeld
5. The Office (UK)
6. The Thick of It
7. Veep
8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
9. Peep Show
10. The IT Crowd.

I'm heavily into British humour, hence, the high number of British shows in my top 10.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 11:43am On May 15, 2020
charlesm91:
Personally i feel it’s all about demographics and whats best is subjective. To the blacks in america, the cosby show was the holy grail- it told the story from the black man’s pov before fresh prince and martin carried the flame. And yes friends was good but to each his own. I prefer the usual black comedy sitcoms. As for reunions it’s not a must and doesn’t elevate the validity of one show being greater than the other. So many factors need to be considered before such can take place. Even Friends reunion i read they are going to be paid a staggering amount for it to happen meaning it just wasn’t for the sake of coming together- it’s business.
The fresh prince once had a reunion (not in the manner friends own will be) but it’ll always have a scar no matter what cos of the fall out between will smith and the first aunt viv; also the death of uncle phil (james avery). Besides, Will Smith has risen to a more prominent figure and is most times busy so it’s difficult for a reunion to happen (one of the casts said so)
Martin which to me is my personal fav comedy sitcom also had its problems off cameras most especially the fifth season and hence Martin decided to end it. Martin, Gina and Cole feuded for years. It took Tommy’s death for them to have a rethink and a reconciliation. There’s been talks of a reunion but with Martin coming out of break to take on more projects like the bad boys and other plans, it becomes difficult. Also Tommy is dead and so it adds a bittersweet feeling should it happen.
P.S Martin took a lot of inspiration from Seinfield. Hence Sienfield is always been revered by all.

Most Sitcoms have it’s faithful fans and nothing you say can change because people grew up and were impacted differently.

thanks for this ... i never thought there would be any sitcom more funny than friends, I guess I was wrong, I'm currently on my way to download Seinfeld and watch, thanks for the well elaborate elightenment
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 11:44am On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Also, great comedies are not judged by reunions. In fact, every dated mediocre to decent TV shows with cult followings have had reunions. Seinfeld had it's reunion episode 14 years ago in 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' (a popular Seinfeld spinoff comedy tv show).

I like both shows, but Seinfeld was the stronger show in my opinion. It still holds up and makes me laugh whenever I see it. Friends, on the other hand, feels very dated now.

1. Faulty Towers
2. Blackadder
4. Seinfeld
5. The Office (UK)
6. The Thick of It
7. Veep
8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
9. Peep Show
10. The IT Crowd.

I'm heavily into British humour, hence, the high number of British shows in my top 10.

wow... thanks for this list, and may I ask, why is Steinfeld your no4 and not your no 1
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 11:50am On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

1. Faulty Towers
2. Blackadder
4. Seinfeld
5. The Office (UK)
6. The Thick of It
7. Veep
8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
9. Peep Show
10. The IT Crowd.

and also can you direct me to a site where I can download Seinfeld and the above mentioned shows... I'm eager to watch, thanks
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by VerifiedStalin: 3:16pm On May 15, 2020
maxevans:

and also can you direct me to a site where I can download Seinfeld and the above mentioned shows... I'm eager to watch, thanks

I use torrenting sites.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by VerifiedStalin: 3:20pm On May 15, 2020
maxevans:

wow... thanks for this list, and may I ask, why is Steinfeld your no4 and not your no 1

Faulty towers, Flying Circus and Blackadder are more acerbic and unconventional. Furthermore, they have more classic TV material.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by DriggityDre: 3:20pm On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Yes, I believe Seinfield has a bigger cult following than Friends.
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by DriggityDre: 3:24pm On May 15, 2020
maxevans:

please elaborate, why were you annoyed with Rachel..? the queen of Hollywood...and I wasn't arguing sir, I did my findings
Lol. Don't get me wrong bruh. I enjoyed the series.
Me getting annoyed was just nothing serious grin, like maybe when Rachel can't make up her mind, you know, that kind of stuff. Loved Rachel nonetheless cool

1 Like

Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by Themandalorian: 3:47pm On May 15, 2020
meobizy:

Friends never lost steam, instead it picked up madly towards its last seasons. The 6 main characters were earning 1 million dollars each per episode.
Think of that amount far back in the early 2000s.

1 Like

Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 6:08pm On May 15, 2020
DriggityDre:
Lol. Don't get me wrong bruh. I enjoyed the series.
Me getting annoyed was just nothing serious grin, like maybe when Rachel can't make up her mind, you know, that kind of stuff. Loved Rachel nonetheless cool

smiles, I understand what you mean, her constant petty fights with Ross is so funny, , the we were on a break scene and the letter scene were Ross fell asleep... the ending was so fulfilling though,... honestly, friends is a show you can't get bored of, I've watched it over 10 times, and still watching it, it's just so funny every time...it's a show for friends and family, it's a show for the world... cheer's bro
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 6:11pm On May 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

Friends never lost steam, instead it picked up madly towards its last seasons. The 6 main characters were earning 1 million dollars each per episode.
Think of that amount far back in the early 2000s.
Thanks for this...I hope people will read this, Friends never got bored, never lost steam, instead it picked up madly...100% true, love you fam
Re: Friends Is Still The Best Comedy Series Show In The World, Here's Why by maxevans: 6:12pm On May 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

I use torrenting sites.

smiles, okay thanks, I'm pretty sure you haven't watched friends, if you had, I guarantee it'll be among ur top 3....

(1) (Reply)

BIG BROTHER SEASON 5 LATEST UPDATES / [movie] Coming From Insanity – Nollywood Movie / A Must Watch Movie: Love Bane...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.