Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes (153846 Views)

Nigeria Airways 18 Years After It Packed Up (Pictures, Video) / Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) / Nigeria Airways: A Peek Into Its Heydays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2020
Biafrarep:
I understand where you're going but there is no need living in self denial and I will give you instances. If USSR were to be a Black nation, they would have fought a debilitating war and kill millions of people just to ensure that the country never breaks up.However,
it is not just Blacks alone that are like that, the Chinese, Indians, Arabs etc. also behave that way but the Caucasians are not like that, they are the most liberal of all races. They are relatively more selfless and hate to see others suffer even animals!

Maybe they were as bad as other races in the past but they have evolved over the ages and become more humane than any other race. There is nothing like self hating here.

Depends on what you mean by Caucasians.

I will like to know before I can hold you to any kind of argument. Because I totally disagree that any race is more humane than the others.

I have visited about 10 countries on nearly all the continents on Earth. And many natives believe Africans (Nigerians) are extremely nice and accommodating people.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 16, 2020
bigfish3k:

Give your own proof why you think that the foundation was right

One thing with wanting to find fault at anything but yourself is, it blocks intelligence!

Here you have a very positive story which emanates from the very times the foundation was laid and yet it still didn't hit home. You are still blaming the foundation undecided

Do want another example with for instance, your son who was doing well in school but later joined bad gangs undecided
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 16, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
That figure of 150 billion per year is suspect considering the naira at that point was roughly equla to the dollar. Maybe they meant to say 150 million naira.

The story doesn't draw any tears from me! The elements running Nigeria today are the same ones that ran it back then and ran it aground! The rot wasn't showing that much then because they had just started their ruinous control of power, plus the fact there was plenty of petro-dollars to cover up their mistakes at the time!

even the 1500 destinations is not just extremely suspect but a blatant lie.. I doubt Nigeria Airways had up to 50 destinations at it's peak. Even the mighty Emirates that is the busiest hub in the world has only 145 destinations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 16, 2020
GOFRONT:
These ones are now Grandmothers
That's life o,one day someone will look at your comment and say this is my ancestor
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Jameskyrian(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
That figure of 150 billion per year is suspect considering the naira at that point was roughly equla to the dollar. Maybe they meant to say 150 million naira.

The story doesn't draw any tears from me! The elements running Nigeria today are the same ones that ran it back then and ran it aground! The rot wasn't showing that much then because they had just started their ruinous control of power, plus the fact there was plenty of petro-dollars to cover up their mistakes at the time!

So your own Naira in 1973 was partly equals $1?.... Eiyaaa...... Ask Google
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 16, 2020
Jameskyrian:

So your own Naira in 1973 was partly equals $1?.... Eiyaaa...... Ask Google

Nigeria's GDP in 1973 was $24B, in 1986 it was $54B. Sometimes people need to use common sense when they see headlines.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by pacespot(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2020
Instead of the country to go the path of industrialization that would have made it the China of today, they go the path of corruption and compulsory inefficient western cultures and ideas.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Gracenetwork(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2020
If they want this to come back, they should hand the transport Ministry to Air Peace man MR Allen Onyema....
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by tunary(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2020
Where is The tears? no emotion here abeg
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 16, 2020
This is it now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Shattuck(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2020
Golan007:

Does owning oil blocks = looting?

Was Ebitu Ukiwe not 2nd in command under Babangida?

Before then didn't we have Alex Ekueme?

Was Madueke not governor under the same government?

Were Chu Okongwu and Kalu Idika Kalu not our finance ministers when Nigeria Airaays finally balked?

Abeg take your bigotry elsewhere.

The old school failed agreed.

But trying to make it seem it was just dien to a few tribes is totally unacceptable.

Everyone was involved in the destruction of the country.
true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by sirjulius232(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2020
*LAND MEASURING 100 x 100 FOR SALE AT EGBAEN COMMUNITY EKHENWAN BARRACK , FULLY DEVELOPED AND ACCESSIBLE IN BENIN CITY, EDO STATE. INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD CALL OR WHATSAPP 08162723395.*
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by tonididdy(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2020
whatever I don't care anymore since I last saw a prominent Nigerian leader eating our future yesterday and he couldn't even pinch me a bite.

I don't care anymore
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by tunary(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2020
realstars:
Imagin How All This New Old People Could Die Out At Once Then We Start Afresh,
The new once are already infected with the spirit of greed so no solution unless God intervene
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Skain(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2020
Saboteur everywhere...
Everything was sabotage by our leaders. cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by OKTolu: 8:15pm On May 16, 2020
Nigeria I hail thee
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by LordShiva97(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2020
Futuragetty:
I look at the country and I laugh...then weep!
We even have a constitution, written by a few Fulani men...a perfect constitution for a homogeneous Fulani nation...imposed on a subregion of at least 10 nations of 200million People.
How could a Fulani document be meaningful or useful to the
Yoruba, the Igbo o,r any other save the Fulani? Yet, we validate that sectional document with our votes then hope that Nigeria would be better? Seriously
Whatever we do, however hard we pray, no matter the number of elections, no matter how hard we try, unless that stupid thing called constitution is burnt down, Nigeria would NEVER progress!As long as that document subsists, Nigeria shall continue to wallow in tears and misery. No messiah could save Nigeria with that nonsense called constitution!
Nigeria is a criminal tragedy!
...and shall disintegrate spectacularly unless t999
constitution wewasirst destroyed!
Call this whatever you like but it happens to be the truth! 60yrs of domination and all you could boast of is a country in ruins? Talk of stupid...you see the Caliphate! This is Nigeria, the Land of the Absurd!

You seems to know a lot about the Nigerian constitution sir, can you please be kind enough to quote a section of the constitution that gives the Fulani tribe advantage over over ethnic groups?
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by zudozz: 8:17pm On May 16, 2020
Nigerian airways making 150 Billion naira profit that year is a big lie..How much was Nigerian budget that year?
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by skyfather09(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2020
GOFRONT:
These ones are now Grandmothers
some Don even die sef
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by ninocia18(m): 8:24pm On May 16, 2020
Nigeria will rise again. This will be our story very soon.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by CHIDOHSKI: 8:29pm On May 16, 2020
What do expect when you have leaders of yesterday as today 's leaders.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by FlordFlorez(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2020
uuzba:

We spent all our money importing goods instead of building up industries and exporting goods.
The petrol we have, we refused to learn how to refine it. We export the crude oil. Oyibo will refine it, then we buy it back at the price that Oyibo says we should buy it ..
Our own oil again!?
Now all the planes have spoilt, and there's no industries to repair it. No money to even call Oyibo to come and repair it. Shey we allowed them to be dictating price for us...
Mumuness of the highest order
Now all the graduates and jobless and directionless. Kidnaping each other to make money for buy phone.
u are very correct. This is sad.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by promotervickky(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2020
Good leadership will come my people and we would get out of the mess.

Keep Calm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by aspiring44: 9:01pm On May 16, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

And we now have other countries of the world cashing out against our faulty foundation.

More than 20 airlines land at MMA almost every day and we expect the naira to be stable against the dollar. We just have think out of the box

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by Futurejoy(f): 9:04pm On May 16, 2020
sarrki:
Nigeria hostess in 1973, Nigeria leaders are among the best in the world. They have turned Nigeria airways to a super intercontinental carrier with 1500 destination across the globe, generating 150 billion naira yearly and providing jobs to 10,000 Nigerians, Kenya and Ethiopia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates have indicated interest in learning the magic industrious Nigerians, now the towering pride of the black world.
There is nothing they will tell me, I just hope they have not sold our birth right?
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by aspiring44: 9:04pm On May 16, 2020
[quote author=promotervickky post=89624572]Good leadership will come my people and we would get out of the mess.

[b]Keep Calm[/

Until when those in leadership can stick their neck out to be transparent, accountable , faithful to the allegiance made when they got mantle.

Otherwise, it's simply a vicious cycle that will cast us out as a nation.
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by JAMO84: 9:06pm On May 16, 2020
skippypo:

Sentiment will kill you. You forgot to mention the origin of the demise of Nigeria Airways with Shehu Shagari and Buhari in Power. The airways was doing well when Obasanjo was in power till 1979.
The introduction of International Monetary Fund policies, along with corruption,mismanagement and overstaffing, led to a steady decline of Nigeria Airways from the 1980s. The carrier had accumulated significant debts that outstripped its revenues from the mid-1980s, to the extent that aircraft were detained or impounded for unpaid debts.
I am only following the philosophy of you wailers. Didn't you people said we shouldn't blame the Jonathan government for anything? Same way Obasanjo and saint Atiku shouldn't blame anyone, they should have save the airline from finally dying on their watch!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes by tomdon(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

To cover up their thievery, not mistakes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.