Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden (1412 Views)

Russian Jet Crash: Plane Carrying 71 'breaks Up' In Moscow Sky – 'no Survivors' / Emirates Airline Crew, Beat Up 71 Years Man, Tie Im Hand Like Prisoner For 8hrs / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2020
By now we've seen many instances across the world of nature reclaiming its rightful place. Free of eager tourists, the setting looks serene. Recently, when photographer Albert Dros visited the famous Keukenhof (the 'most beautiful garden in the world') in the Netherlands he was pleasantly surprised by the effect a lack of visitors had on the place. The photos tell a beautiful, too. Take a look.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 10:58pm On May 13, 2020
A Dutch photographer Albert Dros visited the world-famous Keukenhof, the most beautiful tulip garden in the world and captured some stunning images.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2020
Due to coronavirus pandemic, the empty square in front of the famous Keukenhof windmill looks so serene.

The world-famous ‘Blue River.’ A road of blue grape hyacinths zigzagging through the trees.

Water reflecting the beauty of the trees and flowers.

Patches of different kind of flowers with different colours along the paths and the trees everywhere in the park.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2020
In Keukenhof garden, you can find a bunch of classic Dutch bridges. This is one of them right at the entrance, surrounded by a sea of colourful tulips.

Photographer Albert Dros say, From the ground, I didn’t even see this, but when I flew my drone a few meters up it appeared that these were planted in the shape of a tulip flower!

Seas of tulips around my favourite area of the park: The pool with the fountain in the middle.

Seeing the water reflecting the trees and flowers gives such a calm feeling. If you look closely you can see a gardener do his work. Because even with no people visiting the garden, the work goes on.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:09pm On May 13, 2020
In some parts of the park, you can find endless seas of different coloured tulips that together make a beautiful abstract color palette.

The little paths make harmony with the trees and different flowers all around them.

A low angle perspective in the part of the park that I’d like to call ‘cherry blossom garden’ where you can find dozens of cherry blossoms combined with tulips.

An image of the white bridge near the entrance of the park showing the scale of a hill with thousands of tulips that can be seen in front of it.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:14pm On May 13, 2020
Zigzag lines of flowers, water and paths almost look like these scenes are dancing.

The combination of flowers with beautiful trees. And they all blossom at the same time. Flowers are planted in the signature design of The Keukenhof.

A white tulip with a red leaf standing out in the lot, with a viewpoint on the tulip fields in the background.

I love how you can see these lines and shapes of tulips in the park.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:18pm On May 13, 2020
Real summer vibes with green trees, blue sky, and circular shapes of tulips. This image looks like heaven.

With the small patches of different coloured hyacinth flowers carefully places on the grass between the trees.

A Japanese cherry blossom tree with a beautiful shape with a path through flowers leading up to it. It looks like a scene out of a fairytale.

The Red and Yellow carpet of tulips as seen from a drone perspective from about 10 meters up.

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Betakeshi: 11:20pm On May 13, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2020
Landscape photographer Albert Dros gained access to Keukenhof to photograph the empty park in bloom. Keukenhof is closed, for the first time in 71 years. "Sometimes people can get depressed, and with these colourful images I hope to show a little bit of color on a grey day," he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by longetivity(m): 11:22pm On May 13, 2020
i am taking my family there for vacqtion after this pandemic. SO NICE AND BEAUTIFUL
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by ojun50(m): 11:22pm On May 13, 2020
Op how is it like during dry season....... Because most flowers are not always de same during rainy season even when watering it.

1 Like

Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:25pm On May 13, 2020
ojun50:
Op how is it like during dry season....... Because most flowers are not always de same during rainy season even when watering it.

The answer is simple, they've got good maintenance culture.
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by ojun50(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2020
Solidkay:

The answer is simple, they've got good maintenance culture.
Can you share some
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Solidkay(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2020
ojun50:

Can you share some

Nah,
That's all I've got for now
Maye later.
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by ojun50(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2020
Solidkay:

Nah,
That's all I've got for now
Maye later.
Okay
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Safaxano: 11:52pm On May 13, 2020
O dear Kechenov. I actually thought I was in paradise as I walked through. Truely enchanting.
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Mannnn(m): 11:58pm On May 13, 2020
All this kind things nor go ever dey Nigeria chaiii
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Nonso92(m): 12:05am On May 14, 2020
This is so beautiful. My God! see tulips.
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Safaxano: 7:59am On May 14, 2020
ojun50:
Actually the garden is open for about 3-4 months in the year. Afterwards they are harvested and sold around the world. It’s a major foreign exchange earner for the country. And then the process of planting for the next year begins.
Re: Closed For The First Time In 71 Years, The World's 'most Beautiful Flower Garden by Denique(f): 7:59pm On May 17, 2020
Nature is bliss

(1) (Reply)

Rewilding North America / Someone Returning From Abroad: What Do Nigerians Expect? / What Would You Give To Live Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.