Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] (5504 Views)

Don't Make Excuse, Make Progress... Sign Up For Weekend Classes In Designs / Don't Make Excuse, Make Progress... Your Weekend Might Be Your Solution. Read! / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by ambitiouschap1: 8:29am On May 15, 2020
Virgo01:
This is absolutely great! Thanks Ilegendd. You've been a blessing to me. I would share why sometime later and it's big!

waiting
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by ambitiouschap1: 8:30am On May 15, 2020
I learnt this in the book richest man in Babylon " A part of what I earn is mine to keep"

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 12:21pm On May 15, 2020
ambitiouschap1:
I learnt this in the book richest man in Babylon
" A part of what I earn is mine to keep"

If you don't have a structure, you still can't keep a part.

A lot of people who read the book still don't have the discipline to keep some parts — there are too many important things for them to spend money on and before you know it, they continue living their lives without paying themselves first.

With structure, as the one I explained above, people will naturally become disciplined to distribute their money to all the accounts and spend wisely.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by OdefaGirl(f): 8:29pm On May 15, 2020
Just got to read this now.....I would have read and close the thread but that means I didn't appreciate the knowledge.... so thank you. Although I don't have ten accounts.... I have just 6, I will see what I can tag them for my own goodness sake smiley.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:45pm On May 15, 2020
OdefaGirl:
Just got to read this now.....I would have read and close the thread but that means I didn't appreciate the knowledge.... so thank you. Although I don't have ten accounts.... I have just 6, I will see what I can tag them for my own goodness sake smiley.
Thanks again.

You're welcome, dear.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 1:59am On May 16, 2020
Update

You know, at times, it's good to show practical.

The minimum for this MM (money management) technique is 10k.

Whenever you receive money from 10k and above, share it. I know there is this urge in you to use it and settle this and that or buy this and that, but please, keep those things on hold and share it.

If the money is below 10,000, let's say it's 9,500, the look for 500 to add to it and share. If you can't find 500, then put all the 9,500 in your Necessity Account and use it judiciously.

Tip: Be disciplined and strict with this. Obey it even more than you obey the 10 commandments.

Coming from a poverty-stricken country makes this kind of thing hard for most because we live from hand-to-mouth. But, if you can say no to this hand-to-mouth lifestyle for once, your life will change and you'll be ahead of your fellow countrymen and women.

So, I emptied my Wayward Account and send 10k to it — the extra 1k is miscellaneous for all the small charges that gets deducted during transfer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:00am On May 16, 2020
From this 10k

1. 1000 Naira (10% of 10k) gets sent to Till Death Do Us Path Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:01am On May 16, 2020
2. 2000 Naira (20% of 10k) gets sent to Invest Me Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:01am On May 16, 2020
3. 2000 Naira (20% of 10k) gets sent to Necessity Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2020
4. 500 Naira (5% of 10k) gets sent to Self-improvement Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2020
5. 1000 Naira (10% of 10k) gets sent to Charity/Tithe Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:05am On May 16, 2020
6. 500 Naira (5% of 10k) gets sent to Health Emergency Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:06am On May 16, 2020
7. 1000 Naira (10% of 10k) remains in your Wayward Account — the one you're using to transfer money to other accounts

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:06am On May 16, 2020
8. 500 Naira (5% of 10k) gets sent to Augmenter Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:07am On May 16, 2020
9. 1000 Naira (10% of 10k) gets sent to Relative Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:07am On May 16, 2020
10. 500 Naira (5% of 10k) gets sent to Small "Invest Me" Account

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:08am On May 16, 2020
1. 1000 +
2. 2000 +
3. 2000 +
4. 500 +
5. 1000 +
6. 500 +
7. 1000 +
8. 500 +
9. 1000 +
10. 500

Total = 10,000.

Now, transfer what is left to the Augmenter Account the second time while keeping 10% share of the Wayward Account.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 2:10am On May 16, 2020
After you've done this, it's time to spend wisely based on where what you want to spend on falls in.

If you're one of those that spend on impulse and on frivolous things, your brain will be reset to factory default.

You can open an account with some of these banks online with your BVN and other details. It doesn't get easier than this.

What are you waiting for?
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Galactico4ever(m): 2:20am On May 16, 2020
iLegendd:
After you've done this, it's time to spend wisely based on where what you want to spend on falls in.

If you're one of those that spend on impulse and on frivolous things, your brain will be reset to factory default.

You can open an account with some of these banks online with your BVN and other details. It doesn't get easier than this.

What are you waiting for?
Not sure i can manage ten different accounts so if i cant then i'll try and combine 1&2 and also 5&9. this is a priceless piece though. RESPECT
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Not sure i can manage ten different accounts so if i cant then i'll try and combine 1&2 and also 5&9. this is a priceless piece though. RESPECT

Excuse is not allowed in attaining success. Managing 10 different accounts is too easy.

Don't link any of them to you phone number to a ovoid getting too many messages and SMS deduction, but link them to your email — which is free.

Don't get a MasterCard for all of of them, except for 2 or 3 of them.

Though, activate Internet banking for all of them and your token will be sent via email whenever you're doing a transaction.

With this, you'll be organized. In fact, you're not even managing any bank account — the banks are doing the managing while you do the money transfer whenever you get 10k or above.

Let me ask you a question. If you're employed in a company and your job is to be the one paying 500 other workers, will you decline the job?

What if (your uncle) a billionaire, gifts you 10 different houses in different states, will you decline because it's hard to manage? What of 10 different cars?

3 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Galactico4ever(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2020
iLegendd:

Don't link any of them to you phone number to a ovoid getting too many messages and SMS deduction, but link them to your email — which is free.

Don't get a MasterCard for all of of them, except for 2 or 3 of them.

Though, activate Internet banking for all of them and your token will be sent via email whenever you're doing a transaction.

With this, you'll be organized. In fact, you're not even managing any bank account — the banks are doing the managing while you do the money transfer whenever you get 10k or above.

Let me ask you a question. If you're employed in a company and your job is to be the one paying 500 other workers, will you decline the job?

What if (your uncle) a billionaire, gifts you 10 different houses in different states, will you decline because it's hard to manage? What of 10 different cars?

Thanks For breaking it down. I'll Start this method this month end and i'll open the necessary accounts on monday. Thanks Again

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Asuito7(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2020
This is something that few people(economists) get to pay money for before they learn in universities.

Nice thread iLegend.

But what do you invest on using no 2 and 10 accounts?
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by bennyzer(m): 2:24am On May 17, 2020
Boss you do all. God bless you with more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by jumper524(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2020
iLegendd:

Written by Joé Cléf, 2020.
bros!! Thanks for this piece oo.
Financial prudence has been my big challenge.
I need to start opening more accounts ASAP.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2020
jumper524:
bros!! Thanks for this piece oo.
Financial prudence has been my big challenge.
I need to start opening more accounts ASAP.

That's great. Riches is not about how much you make, but how you managed the little you have.

So, you're on the right path.

2 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Yemialade(f): 10:54am On May 19, 2020
ilegend,Concerning money management,my parent were advising my brother to join corporative society cause he cant save money.my question is is it necessary to join corporative society.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2020
Yemialade:
ilegend,Concerning money management,my parent were advising my brother to join corporative society cause he cant save money.my question is is it necessary to join corporative society.

It's okay, but to me, I don't like joining things — I prefer creating things or re-creating it from an already existing one.

No route is bad as long as it leads to the intended destination while keeping all legalities in check.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2020
Asuito7:
This is something that few people(economists) get to pay money for before they learn in universities.

Nice thread iLegend.

But what do you invest on using no 2 and 10 accounts?

Thank you.

For what I invest in, I love keeping them personal. Though, I have a book on 50 things I invest in / planning to invest in. Sadly, the book is just a private diary and not for public consumption.
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Asuito7(m): 11:50am On May 19, 2020
iLegendd:

Thank you.

For what I invest in, I love keeping them personal. Though, I have a book on 50 things I invest in / planning to invest in. Sadly, the book is just a private diary and not for public consumption.
why na embarassed

OK just give me a small clue abeg
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Nat404: 12:30pm On May 19, 2020
iLegendd:

It's okay, but to me, I don't like joining things — I prefer creating things or re-creating it from an already existing one.

No route is bad as long as it leads to the intended destination while keeping all legalities in check.
Playboy. grin
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by Samysearch(m): 2:24pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:

Thank you.

Good day sir.
I have been a silent reader & ur mention in the forum is legendary to say the least. I am interested in writing & making money from it. I seriously need some way out. Hope u respond.
saminusani6@gmail.com
Re: This Is the Reason I Make Progress and the Reason You Don't [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2020
Money Management Accounts

TIN SCHWARS

1. Till Death Do Us Path "Domiciliary" Account 10% Zenith Bank Site: https://www.zenithbank.com/

2. Invest Me "Current" Account 20% First Bank Site: https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/

3. Necessity "Savings" Account 20% Ecobank https://ecobank.com/

4. Self-improvement "Savings" Account 5% Access Bank Site: https://www.accessbankplc.com/

5. Charity/Tithe "Savings" Account 10% Unity Bank Site: https://www.unitybankng.com/

6. Health Emergency "Savings" Account 5% Union Bank Site: https://www.unionbankng.com/

7. Wayward "Savings" Account 10% GT Bank Site: https://www.gtbank.com/

8. Augmenter "Savings" Account 5% FCMB Site: https://www.fcmb.com/

9. Relative "Savings" Account 10% UBA Main Site: https://www.ubagroup.com/

10. Small "Invest Me" Savings Account 5% Fidelity Bank Site: https://www.fidelitybank.ng/

VT: UBA Africard | Payoneer | PayPal

Bonus: For those who want to follow it alphabetically. I doubt some of the below banks are still in operation.

1. Trust Bank (gTB)
2. Intercontinental Bank
3. Nova Merchant Bank
4. Sterling Bank
5. Citi Bank
6. Heritage Bank
7. Wema Bank
8. Access Bank
9. First Bank
10. Stanbic IBTC Bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Geological, Geotechnical, Geophysical And Geochemical Works - Discussion / TELUS International Rater Work From Home Jobs In Nigeria 2022 / When Wud Ican Release May Diet Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.