Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Kia Carens Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Carens Problem (1743 Views)

Sales/7 Seater Kia Carens(ac Cool) / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know / Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Carens Problem by HUMPHREY1234: 7:33am On May 14, 2020
Please I really need help.my kia carens take much fuel, bring out black smoke, oil turn black between 4 to 6dAys. I've spend money changing air flow meter, plugs, brain box but to no avail. Pls what else should I do please. My contact and WhatsApp number is 08068858771

Re: Kia Carens Problem by homeboy205: 7:47am On May 14, 2020
HUMPHREY1234:
Please I really need help.my kia carens take much fuel, bring out black smoke, oil turn black between 4 to 6dAys. I've spend money changing air flow meter, plugs, brain box but to no avail. Pls what else should I do please. My contact and WhatsApp number is 08068858771

You don try scan

Check freeze frame
Re: Kia Carens Problem by HUMPHREY1234: 8:32am On May 14, 2020
yes. I have scanned it. it says airflow meter as the man said. but I took the car to Aba and tried almost 7 of it but getting home yesterday, the car was not firing, plugs are very black..
Re: Kia Carens Problem by homeboy205: 11:55am On May 14, 2020
HUMPHREY1234:
yes. I have scanned it. it says airflow meter as the man said. but I took the car to Aba and tried almost 7 of it but getting home yesterday, the car was not firing, plugs are very black..

Take the one in the car and find the right part number
Re: Kia Carens Problem by AutoMoTech(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
HUMPHREY1234:
YOUR ENGINE MIGHT BE WEAK THEREBY REQUIRING ALOT OF FUEL TO COMPENSATE FOR WEAK COMPRESSION.
HOWEVER, IS IT ONLY THE AIR FLOW METER FAULT THAT WAS STORED?
CAN YOU CONFIRM THE O2 SENSORS ARE STILL GOOD?
WHATS THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR COOLING SYSTEM? IS IT STILL WORKING AS IT SHOULD, THERMOSTAT STILL PRESENT OR ABSENT?
FANS RUNNING DIRECTLY?
ALSO IS IT ALL THE PLUGS THAT ARE BLACK OR JUST SOME?
Re: Kia Carens Problem by kellystech(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2020
AutoMoTech:

YOUR ENGINE MIGHT BE WEAK THEREBY REQUIRING ALOT OF FUEL TO COMPENSATE FOR WEAK COMPRESSION.
WHATS THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR COOLING SYSTEM? IS IT STILL WORKING AS IT SHOULD, THERMOSTAT STILL PRESENT OR ABSENT?
FANS RUNNING DIRECTLY?
just change the engine, had similar problems with my Honda accord ended up changing d engine
Re: Kia Carens Problem by Billiebaba(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2020
kellystech:
just change the engine, had similar problems with my Honda accord ended up changing d engine
Oga how can you just change engine when the engine did not knock, or crack.
OP pls look for some one that can work with live data, to fix your car, it might actually be a wiring problem, power, ground, or signal line to the sensor might be open or short. If you need one you can hit me up,
Re: Kia Carens Problem by HUMPHREY1234: 8:36pm On May 14, 2020
AutoMoTech:

FANS RUNNING DIRECTLY?

fault that came out from the reading was airflow meter and cathalics sensor..
I'm just looking for how to stop the plugs from getting black before getting the cathalics fixed.
I don't think the engine is weak because I use acc sometimes but I've stopped using it.
thermostat is present because I complained to my mechanic about hard start in the morning sometimes. he unplugged the thermostat and fixed it back. pls I just bought it 2 weeks ago
Re: Kia Carens Problem by kellystech(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2020
Billiebaba:

Oga how can you just change engine when the engine did not knock, or crack.
OP pls look for some one that can work with live data, to fix your car, it might actually be a wiring problem, power, ground, or signal line to the sensor might be open or short. If you need one you can hit me up,
engine is weak and it's lacking compression despite the fact that your not seeing visible smoke. If you dnt change the engine u will be running in circles and making expensive repairs without results

1 Like

Re: Kia Carens Problem by AutoMoTech(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2020
HUMPHREY1234:

fault that came out from the reading was airflow meter and cathalics sensor..
I'm just looking for how to stop the plugs from getting black before getting the cathalics fixed.
I don't think the engine is weak because I use acc sometimes but I've stopped using it.
thermostat is present because I complained to my mechanic about hard start in the morning sometimes. he unplugged the thermostat and fixed it back. pls I just bought it 2 weeks ago
Ok.... Now its getting clearer.
You bought the car 2weeks ago or the thermostat?
Re: Kia Carens Problem by NaijadrivaCars: 11:11am On May 16, 2020
This engine looks like the one on my former Kia Shuma. It has no distributor (ECU does that).
Re: Kia Carens Problem by HUMPHREY1234: 3:36pm On May 17, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
This engine looks like the one on my former Kia Shuma. It has no distributor (ECU does that).
I don't think it has distributor... is it the same thing?
one electrician said it's electrical problem. but he is far...plus the lockdown.

one èlectrician just confirmed that there's too much current going to the injectors which is coming from the brain box. the problem is how to step down the flow of current. the car brain box has been tested ok. I need help please
Re: Kia Carens Problem by surrogatesng: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Sell the car to me.Is it automatic?
HUMPHREY1234:

(1) (Reply)

Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week / Golf3 Saloon / Advise on Kia Rio 2014 And Newer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.