Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State (11868 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by courage9(m): 12:51pm On May 14, 2020
I hope this one is a legit Covid19 case, not like what we have in Lagos and some states.
God save our soul.

RIP to the dead...
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by andrewtosin(m): 12:56pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:
This cup shall soon pass. in Jesus name.
Amen jaree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Reference(m): 1:08pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
CNN just reported Covid 19 may never go away. We just have to live and deal with it like another strain of the seasonal flu will all get.

These lockdowns and curfews are pointless. The lockdown strategy in America was so that the virus does not overwhelm their healthcare system at once. They started reopening as soon as the number of cases reached a manageable level. What’s our own reason for lockdown when we have zero healthcare in Nigeria to begin with? We just dey do copy copy with no strategy behind it.

Let people go about their business and trust them to practice good hygiene. Those who are foolish will contract the virus and perhaps they deserve it. Experience is the best teacher after all.

Good morning.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 14, 2020
Reference:

Good morning.
Good morning.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Shedrack36(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2020
W.H.O said we should learn to live with Covid-19 just as HIV. Rip.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Bahamas95(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2020
Audio Corona don reach my state finally shebi?

Tomorrow you go hear of 10new casesgrin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by SocialJustice: 1:40pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
CNN just reported Covid 19 may never go away. We just have to live and deal with it like another strain of the seasonal flu will all get.

These lockdowns and curfews are pointless. The lockdown strategy in America was so that the virus does not overwhelm their healthcare system at once. They started reopening as soon as the number of cases reached a manageable level. What’s our own reason for lockdown when we have zero healthcare in Nigeria to begin with? We just dey do copy copy with no strategy behind it.

Let people go about their business and trust them to practice good hygiene. Those who are foolish will contract the virus and perhaps they deserve it. Experience is the best teacher after all.
Abeg shut up! Are the over 4000 infected people being treated in mechanic workshop?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by loko50(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Those who are foolish will contract the virus and perhaps they deserve it. Experience is the best teacher after all.

You are very intelligent. Foolishness must be a citeria for getting infected with the virus.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Benega9(m): 2:16pm On May 14, 2020
undecided
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by otokx(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2020
Julibet:
If only Govt Okowa was like Marshal Wike, this wouldn't have happened. Porous border with lax securities mounting them.

Marshal WIKE has 11 more cases of which he himself declared 16 in one day.

Dr Okowa is doing very well.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by NaijaTogether: 2:46pm On May 14, 2020
United We can get through this! Stand #togetherfor9ja!! Learn more @ www.naijatogether.com!!

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 14, 2020
Eziokwugbaoto:
No pictures?? Even if na doctored. Nigeria and lack of proper dissemination of detailed information are cojoined twins. Don't blame me if I don't believe this news 'cos it's possible that there was no death or if there is, it was not as a result of covid-19 or the deaths is even more than 1 as reported.

Which country’s government ever added picture to the coronavirus death reports?

You are confusing media interviews of families of dead people and social media reports with government reports. We have enough of that in Nigeria too.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Coquinoqui: 3:47pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:

I agree with you, here in Senegal the Government has reopened schools and religious gathering. The president said we must learn to live with the pandemic for a couple of months and everyone must use common sense to protect his/her self As of yesterday the positive cases are over 2189, 23 deaths, 829 recoveries
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by elonize(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2020
Which cases.OK o.Madagascar's herbs don damage evil men plans with vaccines. Dis virus will go away.SARS did,n it went.las las it will take a year
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by elonize(m): 3:53pm On May 14, 2020
Bahamas95:
Audio Corona don reach my state finally shebi?

Tomorrow you go hear of 10new casesgrin
no most mind am.anything covid for Nigeria, I no dey 1listen to am again
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Lagospikin65433: 3:59pm On May 14, 2020
see below
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 14, 2020
SocialJustice:
Abeg shut up! Are the over 4000 infected people being treated in mechanic workshop?
I just knew there will be one slowpoke to respond with a nasty comment sha.

Okay, let me break it down to your level. Firstly Nigeria’s healthcare capacity, especially when it comes to dealing with a pandemic, is basically zero compared to that of developed countries like the USA. If you think our cases are only just over 4,000 then you’re a big joker. That is just another sign of our substandard healthcare system because we don’t even have the capacity to do rapid and effective testing.

I can assure you if we were able to test as many people as are being tested in the US, our confirmed cases will be at least 10 times the number we have now. Many Nigerians have contracted this thing and recovered without even knowing. Some have died without being counted officially because they were never tested.

Now if you can understand the above then you should understand the point I was trying to make. America instituted the lockdown and travel ban as part of an overall strategy to buy some time to bolster their healthcare capacity and increase testing without the virus overwhelming the system first. It was never meant to be a permanent or long lasting order. Now instituting a lockdown without an exit plan is totally pointless which is exactly what we are doing in Nigeria because once you end the lockdown, the number of cases will spike to the natural level they would have been without the lockdown and if your medical capacity was not significant improved to cope with the effects then you basically just wasted everyone’s time and damages the economy for nothing.

A country like Nigeria would have been better off following the Swedish model, let everyone go about their business hoping as many people catch it and recover on time so you can quickly reach what is called “herd immunity” which is when so many people have already contracted the virus, recovered and developed natural immunity to it that the infected cases naturally decline as the virus has less ability to move around from one host to another.

I really hope you can understand all I just wrote. Don’t sha hurt your brain if it’s too much for you to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Bahamas95(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2020
elonize:
no most mind am.anything covid for Nigeria, I no dey 1listen to am again
If e really dey like dem wan force us to believe half of Nigerians for don die finish. Even common sickness like typhoid and others you go wait tire for public hospitals before doctor attend to you. Now dem dey discharge patients everyday wey get audio Corona. I wonder who/where dem dey treat the patients.

Thunder fire all the motherfvckers wey dey take advantage of COVID-19 embezzle money for Naija!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by SocialJustice: 4:48pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
I just knew there will be one slowpoke to respond with a nasty comment sha.

Okay, let me break it down to your level. Firstly Nigeria’s healthcare capacity, especially when it comes to dealing with a pandemic, is basically zero compared to that of developed countries like the USA. If you think our cases are only just over 4,000 then you’re a big joker. That is just another sign of our substandard healthcare system because we don’t even have the capacity to do rapid and effective testing.

I can assure you if we were able to test as many people as are being tested in the US, our confirmed cases will be at least 10 times the number we have now. Many Nigerians have contracted this thing and recovered without even knowing. Some have died without being counted officially because they were never tested.

Now if you can understand the above then you should understand the point I was trying to make. America instituted the lockdown and travel ban as part of an overall strategy to buy some time to bolster their healthcare capacity and increase testing without the virus overwhelming the system first. It was never meant to be a permanent or long lasting order. Now instituting a lockdown without an exit plan is totally pointless which is exactly what we are doing in Nigeria because once you end the lockdown, the number of cases will spike to the natural level they would have been without the lockdown and if your medical capacity was not significant improved to cope with the effects then you basically just wasted everyone’s time and damages the economy for nothing.

A country like Nigeria would have been better off following the Swedish model, let everyone go about their business hoping as many people catch it and recover on time so you can quickly reach what is called “herd immunity” which is when so many people have already contracted the virus, recovered and developed natural immunity to it that the infected cases naturally decline as the virus has less ability to move around from one host to another.

I really hope you can understand all I just wrote. Don’t sha hurt your brain if it’s too much for you to comprehend.
grin grin grin grin I didnt read even one line of the rubbish you wrote. I'm not getting paid to read here.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Mrfairness: 4:49pm On May 14, 2020
I pity delta state... I think delta state is d worst state eva.. All our security officers � � are hungry and to dem it d right time for dem to hammer.. Between edo and edo ie ogan/agbor all d power line dere has become another express way for drivers.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 14, 2020
SocialJustice:
grin grin grin grin I didnt read even one line of the rubbish you wrote. I'm not getting paid to read here.
Of course you didn't read it. You just open your mouth to start arguments you don't have the mental capacity, intellect nor attention span to finish.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Eziokwugbaoto: 5:16pm On May 14, 2020
Jarus:

Which country’s government ever added picture to the coronavirus death reports?

You are confusing media interviews of families of dead people and social media reports with government reports. We have enough of that in Nigeria too.
I'm not talking about adding the picture of the dead to the column where 'deaths' is written. What harm would it do anybody if our govt. add pictures of the burial of the victims, to some of this half-baked info they are dishing out to us. We've seen pictures of New York burying their dead in stacks of three coffins per grave. Even in other saner climes we've seen pictures and videos of the burials or of those receiving threatment in their health facilities. Why can't our journalists and relevant bodies do same here. Our people listen to instructions more when they've seen pictures or videos of victims. Apart from Abba Kyari's video which other video of covid-19 burial have we seen or pictures of cases been treated in the said isolation centres. Our journalism and information dissemination na wack. Period!
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by divineappo(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
CNN just reported Covid 19 may never go away. We just have to live and deal with it like another strain of the seasonal flu we all get.

our own reason for lockdown is because, Buhari is getting bank alert from international organizations, bail out, financial support.

For Buhari, since crude oil price has fallen, lockdown financial aid, is the new source of income. we av a bambiala president

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 14, 2020
Eziokwugbaoto:
I'm not talking about adding the picture of the dead to the column where 'deaths' is written. What harm would it do anybody if our govt. add pictures of the burial of the victims, to some of this half-baked info they are dishing out to us. We've seen pictures of New York burying their dead in stacks of three coffins per grave. Even in other saner climes we've seen pictures and videos of the burials or of those receiving threatment in their health facilities. Why can't our journalists and relevant bodies do same here. Our people listen to instructions more when they've seen pictures or videos of victims. Apart from Abba Kyari's video which other video of covid-19 burial have we seen or pictures of cases been treated in the said isolation centres. Our journalism and information dissemination na wack. Period!

So all those videos and pictures of burials in Kano, Katsina and Borno do not count?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 14, 2020
SocialJustice:

This is from Doyin Okupe, a known anti-Buharist

At this is from someone in your “camp”

Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Eziokwugbaoto: 6:10pm On May 14, 2020
Jarus:

So all those videos and pictures of burials in Kano, Katsina and Borno do not count?
Maybe I missed them pls do well to share some of it here. And pls also add any from the ss/se.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 14, 2020
divineappo:
our own reason for lockdown is because, Buhari is getting bank alert from international organizations, bail out, financial support.

For Buhari, since crude oil price has fallen, lockdown financial aid, is the new source of income. we av a bambiala president
makes sense. Heartless people.
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 14, 2020
Eziokwugbaoto:
Maybe I missed them pls do well to share some of it here. And pls also add any from the ss/se.

How many cases have been reported in the SE/SS and how many deaths?
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:26pm On May 14, 2020
Jarus:

How many cases have been reported in the SE/SS and how many deaths?
If you had sent the pictures from Kano etc. like you said and then presented this your question it would have been more matured. Inquiring to know the number of cases and deaths in the ss/se is not what I expect from a fellow defending the dissemination of half-baked information. You can always go to the website or SM handles of the relevant bodies to extract that information. I might give a figure now and in the next minute they update it like livescore. Quote me when you have the pictures and videos. *busy*
Re: COVID-19 Patient Dies In Delta State by SocialJustice: 7:57pm On May 14, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Of course you didn't read it. You just open your mouth to start arguments you don't have the mental capacity, intellect nor attention span to finish.
Lol, I chose not to waste my intellectual capital on an issue that only serves my ego. I've said my own, take it or leave it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Worst Sickness You Ever Had? / Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death / Nigerian Volunteers Return From Ebola-stricken Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.