Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs (39155 Views)

HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs / Customs Intercepts Man At Indian Airport With Pythons, Tortoises, Monkey (Pix) / 12 Things Nigerian Customs Service Wants You To Know About Clearing (2) (3) (4)

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 14, 2020
There is something called a garnishee order. They will just debit their account in any bank if obtained. I think that is how it works.

nairavsdollars:
Who will compel them to pay?
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 14, 2020
Organicist95:

Yes exactly!

Rest in peace to my mum

You finally crossed your boundary by mentioning my late mum

Sorry about your mom.

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Babyforever(f): 4:20pm On May 14, 2020
chuksville:
Choiii....!!!
My guy don blow for this Coro era...
Egwu...!!!
Egwu...!!!
Egwu...!!!
Everything nah blow see him mouth undecided
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by friday2011(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2020
fergie001:

He graduated from UI a few years ago.

Kehinde is the youngest lawyer in Nigeria to be SAN and works in the chambers of Afe Babalola (SAN).

His mother, Justice Helen Morenikeji Ogunwumiju is a Presiding Judge at the Court of Appeal in Benin.

She was last year promoted to the Supreme Court.

No wonder d guy get time to pursue the case...

Na insider na, i swear NCS should forget about appealing, d guy don win.

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 14, 2020
Good one, they won't remember to charge custom duties for their mallo brothers who bring gold watches and bracelets from hajj.

No charge custom duties for politicians who import stuff abroad in commercial quantities.

Cursed Toms.

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by executive12: 4:27pm On May 14, 2020
Good judgement. I hope this sends a message to the extortionists at the Customs Service.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by fergie001: 4:29pm On May 14, 2020
friday2011:

No wonder d guy get time to pursue the case...

Na insider na, i swear NCS should forget about appealing, d guy don win.
Na so nah......
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 14, 2020
drkranky:

If you need a loan hit me up

Still waiting
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by kunletexs: 4:39pm On May 14, 2020
Just hope case would not be like baba sule o.

Na my mind I talk o

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Dididrumz(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Free money grin
that's if they pay
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 14, 2020
Rudewhitelondon:

Sorry about your mom.

It's fine
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by kemii7606: 4:50pm On May 14, 2020
[color=#] 1219537[/color]
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Hassan080196(m): 4:57pm On May 14, 2020
Chatflick:
Please how can I sue Jumia? They are stupid

After paying 57k for a phone and 11k for other stuffs, other items were delivered but the phone wasn't in the package it was supposed to be in. I wan mad

General rule in contract is that time is not of essence in a contractual terms unless it’s set out by the parties that time shall be of essence. Normally Jumia do give time limits for which they will have someone’s ordered goods delivered. If they haven’t elapsed the time limit, then you can’t sue them for breach of contract. If however they failed to deliver your goods within the time limits, then you can sue them for breach of contract and seek for damages in court.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Kinematics: 4:58pm On May 14, 2020
Chatflick:

After paying 57k for a phone and 11k for other stuffs, other items were delivered but the phone wasn't in the package it was supposed to be in. I wan mad

Next time do not buy anything that's not pay on delivery from jumia.

When delivered kindly check if it's exactly what you ordered before giving them any money.

I had a nasty experience with jumia in 2014, I ordered a 40 inches samsung series 6 TV, but 40 inch series 5 was delivered. I just looked at it, showed the lady what i ordered, she tried to convince me that they are same, I had to make her understand that I'm not a regular naija buyer that goes to the shop and pick any TV because it's big and cheap.
She had to go back with the TV and my cash remained in my bank account. No time for long story.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by PortHarcourt1st: 5:05pm On May 14, 2020
Kinematics:

Next time do not buy anything that's not pay on delivery from jumia.

When delivered kindly check if it's exactly what you ordered before giving them any money.

I had a nasty experience with jumia in 2014, I ordered a 40 inches samsung series 6 TV, but 40 inch series 5 was delivered. I just looked at it, showed the lady what i ordered, she tried to convince me that they are same, I had to make her understand that I'm not a regular naija buyer that goes to the shop and pick any TV because it's big and cheap.
She had to go back with the TV and my cash remained in my bank account. No time for long story.

Can that change the shanties in PORT HARCOURT?

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by mechanics(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2020
Sweet victory.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by kemii3451: 5:06pm On May 14, 2020
[color=#] 4907266[/color]
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by luluman: 5:12pm On May 14, 2020
WeneDiali:
Journalists should find a way to follow up on court matters like this so as ensure that the matter never loses steam and keep govt officials on their toes and deter them from further insulting the sensibilities of hapless citizens.

The impunity is too much..
Unfortunately many Nigerians dont know when & how to fight for their rights.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by luluman: 5:13pm On May 14, 2020
nairavsdollars:
The court!!
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by abijaofficial(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
nairavsdollars:
There is a legal procedure to get the money directly form the Custom account ! its not a problem
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Chatflick(m): 5:24pm On May 14, 2020
Hassan080196:

General rule in contract is that time is not of essence in a contractual terms unless it’s set out by the parties that time shall be of essence. Normally Jumia do give time limits for which they will have someone’s ordered goods delivered. If they haven’t elapsed the time limit, then you can’t sue them for breach of contract. If however they failed to deliver your goods within the time limits, then you can sue them for breach of contract and seek for damages in court.
They've elapsed the time by far. I'm so angry fa 57k isn't beans in this period

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by blackboy(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2020
Very good . It was wrong . I remember the case. 1 bag they put eye on her cause of egunje.

Them customs officials at the airport should behave themselves.

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by DeRay98(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2020
WeneDiali:
Journalists should find a way to follow up on court matters like this so as ensure that the matter never loses steam and keep govt officials on their toes and deter them from further insulting the sensibilities of hapless citizens.

The impunity is too much..

The kind of journalists they breed in Nigeria nowadays are shallow in thoughts and professionalism, looking for ways impress politicians by writing bogus eulogies to massage the ego of politicians for stipends.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by beresponsible(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Garnishing order immediately. Good Attorney can freeze their account or with a bailiff seize one of their hilux
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Unrated900(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2020
Chatflick:

Lol So you saying you lost 57k and didn’t followed it up

Tuale for you

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 14, 2020
Nigeria is a Jungle.
That man is getting nothing.
As long as he is not a highly placed individual in this society, he wins such case for fun.

The one the court ordered them to pay Baba Suwe for alleging him he was carrying cocaine that was not found on him, has it been paid.
Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by Chatflick(m): 5:55pm On May 14, 2020
Unrated900:

Lol So you saying you lost 57k and didn’t followed it up

Tuale for you

Lost ke? Omo I'm following it up but they have very bad customer service. The matter tire me

Re: Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs by horlabiyi(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2020
The court
nairavsdollars:

'Ocean Dome' Indoor Beach In Japan (Pictures) / GUO Bus Plunged Into The River, 3 Rescued, Others Feared Dead (video) / Beautiful sights and pictures from IBADAN city!!!