Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad (107158 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by henryhemon(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I AM NOT A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS NOT THE DEVIL. I HAVE JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY MEN SUFFER ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I finally succeeded and my family arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my citizenship and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

THE SITUATION IS SO MESSED UP!

UPDATE:

Divorce has now been filed. I also recently got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.

Dude the mistake you made is bringing a Nigerian woman to oversea. That's your Achilles heel. Guys don't dare do it, they all turn to something else and want your properties.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2020
etrange:

For all it's worth, I live in Canada.
audio Canada.
I live in New York, United States of America and I'm typing from there as I speak.
Nonsense

10 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by pokipoki: 2:21pm On May 23, 2020
Dude, I had similar problem in 2017. The marriage was becoming hellish. Luckily for me, the first day I started working abroad, I made it a compulsory to save money no matter what. When I got tired of the drama, I relocated back to Nigeria . My plan is to finalize the divorce and arrange my way back.
Bottom line - There are always alternatives. Dont be stuck in an unhappy life. Life is short!!!

8 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by henryhemon(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2020
Never never bring a Nigerian woman over to abroad. You will always regret it.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Vulcan24(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2020
Dear Friend

am a married man with enough experience
the handwriting has always been on the wall, but the fear and social stigma some good men feared of failed marriages kept you(us) going

you have started fighting fir your life, sanity and future, bear in mind the consequences of all your actions on your children

I am not saying and would never advise you to take such a woman under your roof again(although we haven't heard her own side) but on basis of this values you presented here and because it is a situation many of us are familiar with, we believe you might be telling the truth

please don't stop untill she's utterly destroyed, I mean rendered incapable of sabotaging you.

she's no longer your wife

She will come back with sober stories or plot bigger styles, be prepared

stay sharp

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by humilitypays(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2020
EVILFOREST:

He really messed up.
How could he have brought in such a Lady..?

The MOMENT a lady starts showing such TRAITS in NIGERIA, Please and Please keep her in Nigeria...
Even if The Roman Catholic POPE tells you how transformed your partner is, please keep her there
Don't ever BRING such a WOMAN into the UNITED STATES.
People keep saying this.
They are not FOOLS.
The disgrace we get from them on daily basis is becoming unbecoming....
KEEP them in AFRICA and send cash across to them.
If they want to Phuck in Africa, let them Phuck there.
The MOMENT a Jezebel escapes into the United States you are Finished...
most Nigerian men are deaf like their President Buhari, they don't listen, do they even believe, they will give you reasons why their own wife is different until it happens.

The op should enjoy his westernised wife and let us have peace biko angry

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Not a tale bro. This is my life right now, I swear! I am in a very messy situation and cannot reveal my identity cos a lot of people we know are on nairaland.

If this story is true, there's always a way out.

Document and record every little misdeed and misdemeanor.

Every online flirting, every domestic abuse, every irresponsible action of hers.

Pretend to be meek and humble.

Let her show her worst while you record with secret hidden camera.

Every extravagant spending, document.

Document your own part that shows you are working and providing for the family.

Because in the long run, the last fight will be in court and it will be over your assets and who gets to keep the kids.

If your documents and video recording shows that she is irresponsible, congrats. You win.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
The anger and aggression in your tone are very palpable. I can see that you're a perfect human yourself, so judge on Anty.

You're right about one thing though; "serves me right" Yeah. They warned me, everyone who knew us and our challenges did warn me "Do not marry her, she is aggressive" I did. "Do not buy her a car" I did; "Do not take her abroad she'll ruin you" I did and now paying the full price after just a few months. Forming family man has put me in trouble and my eye don finally clear now!

this is one reason I have sworn to be with my brain all the time. most of the problem people face is because they left their brain in the locker

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by lordatkinson07(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2020
You will have to exercise enough patience.
Just be looking at her.
I hope her visa is not 2, 3 or 5 years visa.
Once the visa needs renewal, just take your time to send her back to where she belongs.
Kalas!

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by SenecaTheYonger: 2:26pm On May 23, 2020
Mindlog:
Newly registered username, another tale.
this mumu expect OP to give up his real ID just so he can please a no-faced-10MB-2 meals a day scum. Lmfao.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I AM NOT A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS NOT THE DEVIL. I HAVE JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY MEN SUFFER ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I finally succeeded and my family arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my citizenship and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

UPDATE:

Divorce has now been filed. I also recently got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.
runaway from her oh ehen
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by sisisioge: 2:27pm On May 23, 2020
Oh my goodness! What has marriage turned to? Isn't she aware that if you're sent packing, you all return home? Thank God you've gotten a hang on the matter. Na wa o.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Unfortunately, She is determined not to visit Naija for any reason until she gets her citizenship.

She played a long game there. She made up her mind to fùck you up abroad, even before she left Nigeria.

You better start think ahead too, that woman has sworn in her heart to destroy you. Can't imagine what you did to make an enemy out of her, but that's what she now is to you bro. So be wise...

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Dshocker(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

If she loses everything,she will come begging you back and i hope you don't accept her back...Even if it was possible for you to make the authority depot her back to Nigeria
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by stonecoldcafe: 2:27pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

Be careful. We know these tactics. She wants you to leave the house for her. She is in the West so she stands to get a lot from the courts (probably along with the kids) at the end of the day. Document what you are going through secretly for your own sake. Goodluck. it is well with you
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by humilitypays(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2020
luvmijeje:
Thank God you are now getting a divorce. This life is too short for you to be in an unhappy marriage. Your mental health is too important.
on threads like this, I hate to read comments from female monikers sounding like good or different women showing fake pity for men, you all are the same once you cross over, you all are ticking ticking time bomb waiting for the right time to explode and destroy, you maybe a good girl now just because you have not gotten the opportunity to show your true color, so don't even pity the op, continue to be who you and your sisters are - wicked! Don't you dare pretend to be a good or different Nigerian lady online, stay to your color angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Hathor5(f): 2:28pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
[b]
UPDATE:

So the law enforcement is also useful to men abroad and not always blindly pro-women? Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by SaintBishop: 2:28pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

Eyhaaa.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by etrange: 2:28pm On May 23, 2020
Truthspoon1:

1. You are not married
2. You have never lived with married couples
3. Learn to not comment on threads like this.

You can make as many assumptions as you want, it's your right. You just don't tell me where or when to comment. If you don't like my contribution, well, that's your headache. As for me, I'm not buying into a long one-sided epistle written from top to bottom to present a party as the devil. The bias is alarming. No objectivity.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by ismoney: 2:28pm On May 23, 2020
I can’t imagine this wickedness by some women. Never had a girl friend nor into any relationship till I was 32. Entered into one with one I know but the hell broke out since she felt she has honesty and I can’t do anything considering my Christian convictions and family . Wanted just someone that would enable me meet up with my destiny demand even if she is not working. The family used all that to conspire against me in different ways irrespective of the sacrifices I kept showing that all I demanded was honesty especially in financial matters. They said I will be the loser considering all I spent and the strong love for her.

But God is very Faithful, quite higher. The truth will always be manifest with time. God have mercy on all innocent men in marital challenges.

Victory is sure.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Lewist(m): 2:28pm On May 23, 2020
Bro pls let her go,all her aim is to use you to get to abroad.remember you brought her and dont forget you can send her back but dont ask me how.

quote author=LinLinGentle post=89543812]

UPDATE:

Divorce has now been filed. I also recently got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by perryy(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
You are right bro, I had plenty gra gra back in Naija and I think she has psychologically programmed herself before arrival to come take her pound of flesh here. There is complete breakdown of communication with her family as they are on her side, always encouraging her to call the police on me. All they say is ''No gree for am o, he think say na Naija he dey. Show am well well, you have rights there and the govt. would support you''

Useless family. They thought the law over there only protects women . Ensure you divorce her and have her sent back to her useless parents. If she ever loved u, she will never pay u back for your mistake let alone planning to send u to jail. Whole you were away, many men have bleeped her and she can never be faithful to u again . Will you now run or wait till u meet a man on top of her ? The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Socialproject: 2:29pm On May 23, 2020
God will help you my brother
Some Nigerian women are terrible.

Based on stats, men who relocate abroad with their wives end up traumatic , because the women grow wilder and the laws of those lands favour the women.

My Ex Boss is going through his second divorce now. He is known in the Information Technology and banking sector, so not poor by any means.

The first wife, he relocated to the UK , after divorce took ownership of their home , which he bought. Very sad. This was 2013
Now his second wife , which he relocated to Canada is doing the same thing . The problems started 2018.
The day I met him he was sober and called me by my first name, "don't make the mistake of relocating your wife, except you are sure". cry

If you see this my Boss's hair, it became like that of Globetrotters. Baba forgot to cut is hair oh.. I felt pity for him

There is something toxic about those lands, especially when you know your spouse has a toxic tendency.

Another, a good friend of mine who used to work for for one of the American OEM/IT companies moved to Canada in 2016.
Recently I heard from his brother , how the wife has become a thorn in his flesh and made him sleep outside the apartment. This after threatening to call 911. They are now divorce.

My wife has that bossy tendency, and I told myself If I have to live long for my children , I am not going to take any risks at all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by gtrader: 2:30pm On May 23, 2020
Install cameras in strategic places in your house asap. It will help you a lot.

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by ugreat(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

You got my prayers bro. You're in a deep one right now. God will make a way for you in all these. Add some prayers to your strategy bro, for the sake of your kids. God can do anything! I wish you well
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:
Divorce has been filed. I got lucky as I was able to secure a restraining order when she messed up again and hit me daring me to do my worst. I called the police and made a proper case and she was arrested. She has been banned from the house for a month. The police advised me to talk to my lawyer and extend indefinitely if I want to. I hope to get this done ASAP. The law here does not only protect women but also protects innocent men. All you need is patience and wisdom. Thank you all for your ideas. Still several hurdles to cross but I am on the winning side for now.

how were you able to do this?
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by liberalchick(f): 2:32pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

Nice of you to give an update.

This is for the Nigerian men that have deluded themselves with the lie “the law favor women”.

FYI for the bolded, the law as is doesn’t care about gender. You do the crime, you do the time. You can’t just lie to the police and the justice system that you were abused and because you’re a woman your alleged abuser will be prosecuted and sent to prison without evidence.

7 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by etrange: 2:32pm On May 23, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
audio Canada.
I live in New York, United States of America and I'm typing from there as I speak.
Nonsense

Lol... you are funny but you seem sad.

You'll achieve your dreams before the end of this year regardless of how impossible it might seem. You'll no longer think that living in Canada is such a big deal that people would have to lie about it. These are my prayers for you.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by LuQuLuQu(m): 2:32pm On May 23, 2020
LinLinGentle:

UPDATE:

All the shenanigans happening in your home is cos your wife didn't leave you to cheat in peace.
For her to sign up to a dating site shows the extent you've hurt her with your cheating. And trust women to want to cheat so as not to feel cheated.

Sorry I'm judging you, but believe me, I'm not far from the truth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by etrange: 2:33pm On May 23, 2020
Segzy19:
Lol! You smell fake story. Then give us the real gist since you knew what happened

I said I smell fake story and it automatically means I know what happened? Quite an impressive way of thinking.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by LONGPREEK(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2020
[s]You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media![/s] never ever allow your wife to go on social media. i know how many of her type i have bleeped
who i am happy ypu are divorcing her now. the story sweet me die. i hope she get to see the real abroad now. she go run for police tire till she them repatriate am. i am sure she is fucking some guys that are promising her heaven and earth. we know her type, we don promise them tire and Bleep them tire

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36)

Woman Batters Husband During Sex Over Huge Manhood In South Africa (Pic) / Zimbabwean Mother-in-law Demands Sex From Son-in-law / Conjoined Twins, Abby & Brittany Hensel Turned 21(story And Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.