Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin (1195 Views)

The Oba Of Benin's Palace Before 1897 British Destruction - PIC / University Of Aberdeen In Scotland To Return 1897 Stolen Bronze To Nigeria / The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2020
We are still on the issue in benin-ife connection

The yoruba belived there was no political play between the oba of benin and yorubas in the benin-ife connection but they have also failed to provide evidence of the relationship between ife and benin since 1475 to 1914.....or even with archeological findings to really support thier claim that the ife connection had nothing to do with politics and was basically history with no distortion

So i would make it easier for them especially for Moneywomen17 and lawani to point out in samuel johson book on yoruba history were johson as an oyo man wrote oromiyan came to establish benin Kingdom
We know samuel johson saw series of yoruba war in the late 1800 and wrote about them extensively with fact he was also from oyo so he knew his history than any random yoruba would claim

So i would have asked for his first edition but it would be impossible and unfair to the yorubas so atleast let it be second edition, to apoease all judgment

If you can type use voice recording please

1 Like

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2020
Moneywomen17
Lawani
gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun

Igbo moderator
MelesZenawi
RedboneSmith
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2020
Please yorubas shouldn't avoid this beautiful thrrad like plague please we need your comment
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by Moneywomen17(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2020
gregyboy:
We are still on the issue in benin-ife connection

The yoruba belived there was no political play between the oba of benin and yorubas in the benin-ife connection but they have also failed to provide evidence of the relationship between ife and benin since 1475 to 1914.....or even with archeological findings to really support thier claim that the ife connection had nothing to do with politics and was basically history with no distortion

So i would make it easier for them especially for Moneywomen17 and lawani to point out in samuel johson book on yoruba history were johson as an oyo man wrote oromiyan came to establish benin Kingdom
We know samuel johson saw series of yoruba war in the late 1800 and wrote about them extensively with fact he was also from oyo so he knew his history than any random yoruba would claim

So i would have asked for his first edition but it would be impossible and unfair to the yorubas so atleast let it be second edition, to apoease all judgment

If you can type use voice recording please
dumbass why don’t u read it.
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by RedboneSmith(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2020
Samuel Johnson links the Benin with the Yoruba (when he said Oduduwa's third child founded the kingdom of Benin). But curiously Oranmiyan isn't the link in Johnson's account.

Oranmiyan (in Johnson's account) was Oduduwa's last child who founded Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:
Samuel Johnson links the Benin with the Yoruba (when he said Oduduwa's third child founded the kingdom of Benin). But curiously Oranmiyan isn't the link in Johnson's account.

Oranmiyan (in Johnson's account) was Oduduwa's last child who founded Oyo.

Johnson as an oyo and the earliest writter who wrote at as early as 1820 from different oral account couldnt still identify oromiyan established benin.....

If an ijesha man forgot to document that, he can be excuse not an oyo man

Yoruba had always thought benins were fellow yorubas if you see from my several screenshot benin have been doing dirty works for yorubas and even hired as machineries for battles against other yorubas so they considered edo as brothers, but they were really not like they thought
I would call edo relationship with yorubas as family friend relationships

So samuel wrote out of myth when included benins as coming from ile ife

But the striking issue here is oromiyan was not mentioned in his 800 pages book to even have branched benin at any point

This leads more to my point that yorubas here disprove, that oba eweka said what he had to say for political reasons out of minority complex in the old western region

1 Like

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by YungMillionaire: 4:43am On May 16, 2020
Funny. Why do you have Igbo moderators? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 10:30am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Johnson as an oyo and the earliest writter who wrote at as early as 1820 from different oral account ...

This leads more to my point that yorubas here disprove, that oba eweka said what he had to say for political reasons out of minority complex in the old western region.

Anyone who thinks you are normal is not normal.

(1) S. Johnson was born in 1846.

But gayboy (aka gregyboy) insists that same Johnson was writting Yoruba histories in the year 1820 --- that is, more than 20 years before his own birth.

Should gayboy (aka gregyboy) still be allowed to freely roam the streets?

(2) Oba Eweka II of Benin Kingdom ruled from 1914 to 1933.

Old Western Region of Nigeria was established in the year 1967.

But gayboy (aka gregyboy) insists that same Oba Eweka time-travelled into the future to become a member of the Nigeria Western Region.

(3) Fun Fact:

Same Oba Eweka II of Benin Kingdom informed an European visitor, H.L. Ward-Price, sometimes in the 1920s that his (i.e. Oba Eweka II's) ancestor and lord lives in Ile-Ife. grin

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

But gayboy (aka gregyboy) insists that same Johnson was writting Yoruba histories in the year 1820 --- that is, more than 20 years before his own birth.

But gayboy (aka gregyboy) insists that same Oba Eweka time-travelled into the future to become a member of the Nigeria Western Region.

(3) Fun Fact:

Same Oba Eweka II of Benin Kingdom informed an European visitor, H.L. Ward-Price, sometimes in the 1920s that his (i.e. Oba Eweka II's) ancestor and lord lives in Ile-Ife. grin

This does not change anything or answer the questions.....

Go and learn how to speak in public, you should be in romance section looking for an husband
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2020
YungMillionaire:
Funny. Why do you have Igbo moderators? grin grin grin grin grin grin

And he says he is not yoruba....

Ogun kill you

1 Like

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:45am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

This does not change anything or answer the questions.....

Go and learn how to speak in public, you should be in romance section looking for an husband

Yes it makes sane people realize that gayboy (aka gregyboy) is a mad dog. grin

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

Yes it makes sane people realize that gayboy (aka gregyboy) is a mad dog. grin

Lesbian.....

Lol e pain her...... Lol....

Still searching for husband.....

Valirex she is on the loose again.....

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:48am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Lesbian.....

You already unknowingly admitted being gay, don't you remember?

I know you're mad that I keep exposing you!
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

You already admitted being gay, don't you remember?

I pity you.... Soon we will be seeing you creating thread on nairaland adressing the search of husband
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

You already unknowingly admitted being gay, don't you remember?

I know you're mad that I keep exposing you!

Lol.... E pain her
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:52am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

I pity you.... Soon we will be seeing you creating thread on nairaland adressing the search of husband

I know you will be triggered that I'm exposing you to be a clueless dummy.
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:53am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol.... E pain her

Says the clueless one who got exposed by my humble self. grin

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:54am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

I know you will be triggered that I'm exposing you to be a clueless dummy.

Fraustrated bitch..... Lol......

This is the best you can get from me
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:54am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Johnson as an oyo and the earliest writter who wrote at as early as 1820 from different oral account ...

This leads more to my point that yorubas here disprove, that oba eweka said what he had to say for political reasons out of minority complex in the old western region.

(3) Fun Fact:

2 Likes

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:55am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

Says the clueless one who got exposed by my humble self. grin

Fake laugh.... Beneath the meme there is a flood of tears unseen
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:56am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Fraustrated bitch..... Lol......

This is the best you can get from me

You cant give what you dont have.

I will keep exposing you.

Ntor! grin cheesy

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 11:57am On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Fake laugh.... Beneath the meme there is a flood of tears unseen

Yes, I always cry after exposing you to be a clueless dvmmy.

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

(3) Fun Fact:

Worthless pussy
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

Yes, I always cry after exposing you to be a clueless gay.

I will still rather die than let my dog Bleep you
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 12:00pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Worthless pussy

Worthless gay.
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 12:01pm On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

Worthless gay.

My dog slut
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 12:01pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

I will still rather die than let my dog Bleep you

I have no problem with you committing suicide if you insist.

Afterall, the STDs you contracted from your dog will still kill you las las.
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by gregyboy(m): 12:02pm On May 18, 2020
TAO12:

Worthless gay.

Am gregyboy dummy not gayboy if you're looking for gays you can go to the search button on nairaland to find them.... You slut
Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 12:03pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

I am my dog's slut

Fixed!

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 12:07pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

Am actually a dumb gayboy if you're looking for gays you can go to the search button on nairaland to find them.... You slut

Fixed!

A gayboy be advising on how to find his folks on Nairaland.

Closet gayboys like you often try too hard to give the false impression of being straight.

For example, they follow girls exclusively and excessively on social-media to divert attention and ward-off suspicion.

For example, see attachment below.

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by TAO12: 12:13pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

(2) Oba Eweka II of Benin Kingdom ruled from 1914 until his death in 1933.

(3) Fun Fact:

Re: Post Samuel. J Article Written In 1897 Supporting Oromiyan Arrival In Benin by geosegun(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2020
TAO12:

Fixed!

A gayboy be advising on how to find his folks on Nairaland.

Closet gayboys like you often try too hard to give the false impression of being straight.

For example, they follow girls exclusively and excessively on social-media to divert attention and ward-off suspicion.

For example, see attachment below.

@TAO12, you badts gan ni o. easy on @gregyboy o, pleasssssss cheesy. I beg, no vex again. you don win. Please naaaaaa grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Are Not Hebrews For Goodness Sakes! / Live Teaching On How To Be Free From Whatever Holding You Spiritually / More Evidence That Igbos Are Descendants Of Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.