Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? (75695 Views)

Abiama: An Aro Innovation Or An Ancient Pre-Aro Igbo Name for God? / BongoMusic.NG ( Download any Igbo Music) on bongomusic.ng / Who Knows Any Yoruba Name That Starts With ''Q''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by MightySparrow: 2:35pm On May 15, 2020
Pridechukwuma pumpuseze

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 15, 2020
Papilo
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 15, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Non. What about Yoruba's name that starts with C?

C is not a yoruba alphabet
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by petitejolie(f): 2:39pm On May 15, 2020
Pompom
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by mattmogan88: 2:40pm On May 15, 2020
Facebook is your friend

Paliechi

Pasarachi

They are all igbo names

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Actuarydeji(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2020
Panachukwu

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by KweKashibu01(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2020
Pawpaw .... that one in naigerian movies

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by cbaba: 2:41pm On May 15, 2020
Hahahahahaha.

This is the most hilarious thread ever!!!

Una no go kill me!
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by chloedogie(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2020
VickyRotex:

This thread though grin

I'm not igbo but I'm 95% sure there's none that starts with "P".
I dont think there's "P" in the igbo alphabet.

Sopuruchi? Don't know about the spelling but I know one Imo girl bearing that name.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by echesilver: 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Loris576:
Who knows any igbo name that starts with Letter 'P' and the meaning
I need am
Pls lets move this to the front page

PataraChukwuOche grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by inioluwaDaniels(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Pisarachi
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Meizu: 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Pulife
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by emperorventure4(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Phinachukwu
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by VeektorStober(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2020
Piatabuchy Or Piatabuchukwu
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by YungLasaint(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2020
Promuche
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:55pm On May 15, 2020
Is there P in the Igbo alphabet?
Don't think you can find a name of such if it's not in the alphabet, just like Yoruba, we don't have C or Z
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by xavuv: 2:56pm On May 15, 2020
Pascal
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2020
Paulina
Panumuna
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by VickyRotex(f): 2:59pm On May 15, 2020
Kennydoc:

I don't know of a name that starts with P.
However, it's not only P that you can barely find a name that starts with it. Most Igbo names start with Igbo vowels (A E I Ị O Ọ U Ụ — called udaume) and a few consonants (mgbochiume) like CH, GB, M, N, NW etc. M and N are sometimes used like vowels (when they are the first letters of some words or names — called "myiriudaume" ) .
It's hard to see any Igbo name that starts with B, F, J, R, V, W, Y, Z etc.

Ah I see. That's good to know. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Very helpful.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by joepepsy(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
berryace007:

Parachute��
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by VickyRotex(f): 3:00pm On May 15, 2020
RedAlert08:

You're not igbo, what are you?

Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by happYFingers(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Is there P in the Igbo alphabet?
Don't think you can find a name of such if it's not in the alphabet, just like Yoruba, we don't have C or Z

Yes their is certainly P & KP in Igbo language
Opara, Okpara (Son)

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by alamin0506(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2020
Pastor Odumeje

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by taribojacob(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2020
PAKURUCHI......hand over to God
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by freetheking: 3:01pm On May 15, 2020
Loris576:
I need am
Patarachukwu meaning Carry it to God.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by BiyorMensarh(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
phyno
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by emmabest2000(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
Kennydoc:

Igbo alphabets:

A B CH D E F G GB GH
GW H I Ị J K KP KW L
M N Ñ NW NY O Ọ P R
S SH T U Ụ V W Y Z

Pikolo

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by VickyRotex(f): 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
Lilyexcel:

There's "P" in Igbo alphabet (we have words like puta- come out, puo-go out, hapu-leave it, etc.) but for some supernatural reasons, you'll hardly see any Igbo name that starts with P

I'm very interested in knowing what the supernatural reasons are cheesy

Btw, thanks for the reminder, I've actually heard the word "puta" before, didn't remember it was igbo.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by NAETTE: 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
For nicknames, I know

Piakasie and piasauwa
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by joepepsy(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2020
Papiluwe
Loris576:
I need am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.