Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos (62584 Views)

Underage Girls Forced Into Prostitution Rescued From Akwa Ibom Hotel (pic) / Underaged Girls Trafficked From Rivers State Are Used As Sex Slaves In Delta / Weapons Used In Killings In Nigeria Trafficked From Libya, Turkey, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Nobody: 3:24am On May 15, 2020
We collect N1,500 from customers – 13yr old victim

Twenty-four girls who were trafficked from Akwa-Ibom State to Lagos, for prostitution, were rescued at Abbatoir, Agege area of the state, by the Police, Thursday.

Arrested, were four men suspected to have brought them.

The girls whose ages were between 13 and 22 years, lived in shanties, where their male customers patronized them. They revealed during interrogation that they collected N1,500 from their male customers but had to reduce the price because of the impact of the COVID-19.

Activities of the traffickers came to limelight, following a report of the disappearance of one of the girls, by her relatives in Akwa-Ibom state. It was gathered that during investigation, she was traced to the shanties in Agege, where she was engaged as a commercial sex worker.

Surprisingly, a team of policemen who went for her rescue, discovered that she was not the only one brought into the state by the syndicate. During profiling, one of them disclosed that she was 13 years old.

When asked what she came to do in Lagos, the teenager, boldly declared that “ I came to hustle”.

But some of them said they were tricked with employment promise by the agents, only to discover it was a prostitution job.

One of them, said, “ I am from Oron, Akwa-Ibom State. I came to Lagos in January 2020. I was told I was coming to work as a maid only to discover it was a prostitution job and I could not leave because I didn’t know anywhere in Lagos.

“At first, we were collecting N1,500 from customers. But when business became bad, especially because of the Corona Virus, we started collecting N1000. We pay N1,000 daily for accommodation. At the end of the day, the agents would collect the money realized from us.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Elkana Bala, who confirmed the rescue of the girls said the men arrested were the brothel managers. He gave identities of the managers as Okon Felix, 32; MichaelEtim, 22; Victor Asuquao, 35 and Goodness Ebiefie, 32.

Names of the rescued girls are Precious Okon Edet, 21; Offong Mary, 19; Favour Bassey, 22; Blessing Steven, 17; Success Edet, 20; Ndifreky Okoh, 24; Queen Odoh, 21; Alice Edet, 20; Blessing Esin, 21; Mary Etim, 20; Faith Sunday, 25; Sonaj Beauty, 23 and John Agnes, 13.

Others are: Miracle Effiong, 23; Oriong Patience, 20; Effiong Blessing,20; Vivian Edet, 23; Amanda Effiong, 14; Joy Timothy, 21; Edet Patience, 20; Sunday Glory, 20; Goodness Effiong, 19; Sandra Okon Effiong, 20; Gift Emmanuel, 27; Precious Okon Edet, 21, among others.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/24-girls-trafficked-from-akwa-ibom-for-prostitution-rescued-in-lagos/amp/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by donbachi(m): 3:57am On May 15, 2020
See wetin human beings dey force human beings like dem into...all for the riches..nawao!.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by SoNature(m): 4:03am On May 15, 2020
While infrastructure is very important to state revenue generation and improving the lots of people, the governments of Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi States must take steps to improve the living conditions of their peoples (human capital development)

People from those two states do lots of pitiful and degrading jobs, so their governments must take expedient measures to address it

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Nobody: 4:44am On May 15, 2020
So who are those who patronize the 13 year old?

This life sha

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by longetivity(m): 5:01am On May 15, 2020
They av come again oo
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by dingbang(m): 5:13am On May 15, 2020
Aaaaaah....

1 Like

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by funmijoyb(f): 7:30am On May 15, 2020
When will these people stop trafficking southern minorities for prostitution?

Very bad thing

5 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Futurejoy(f): 7:30am On May 15, 2020
STORM21:
We collect N1,500 from customers – 13yr old victim

Twenty-four girls who were trafficked from Akwa-Ibom State to Lagos, for prostitution, were rescued at Abbatoir, Agege area of the state, by the Police, Thursday.
Arrested, were four men suspected to have brought them. The girls whose ages were between 13 and 22 years, lived in shanties, where their male customers patronized them. They revealed during interrogation that they collected N1,500 from their male customers but had to reduce the price because of the impact of the COVID-19. Activities of the traffickers came to limelight, following a report of the disappearance of one of the girls, by her relatives in Akwa-Ibom state. It was gathered that during investigation, she was traced to the shanties in Agege, where she was engaged as a commercial sex worker. Surprisingly, a team of policemen who went for her rescue, discovered that she was not the only one brought into the state by the syndicate. During profiling, one of them disclosed that she was 13 years old.

When asked what she came to do in Lagos, the teenager, boldly declared that “ I came to hustle”. But some of them said they were tricked with employment promise by the agents, only to discover it was a prostitution job. One of them, said, “ I am from Oron, Akwa-Ibom State. I came to Lagos in January 2020. I was told I was coming to work as a maid only to discover it was a prostitution job and I could not leave because I didn’t know anywhere in Lagos. “At first, we were collecting N1,500 from customers. But when business became bad, especially because of the Corona Virus, we started collecting N1000. We pay N1,000 daily for accommodation. At the end of the day, the agents would collect the money realized from us. The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Elkana Bala, who confirmed the rescue of the girls said the men arrested were the brothel managers. He gave identities of the managers as Okon Felix, 32; MichaelEtim, 22; Victor Asuquao, 35 and Goodness Ebiefie, 32. Names of the rescued girls are Precious Okon Edet, 21; Offong Mary, 19; Favour Bassey, 22; Blessing Steven, 17; Success Edet, 20; Ndifreky Okoh, 24; Queen Odoh, 21; Alice Edet, 20; Blessing Esin, 21; Mary Etim, 20; Faith Sunday, 25; Sonaj Beauty, 23 and John Agnes, 13. Others are: Miracle Effiong, 23; Oriong Patience, 20; Effiong Blessing,20; Vivian Edet, 23; Amanda Effiong, 14; Joy Timothy, 21; Edet Patience, 20; Sunday Glory, 20; Goodness Effiong, 19; Sandra Okon Effiong, 20; Gift Emmanuel, 27; Precious Okon Edet, 21, among others.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/24-girls-trafficked-from-akwa-ibom-for-prostitution-rescued-in-lagos/

Parents never learn. Giving your child out to someone you don’t know isn’t to serve as a househelp just because of empty promises isn’t right.A lot of children are trafficked this way

9 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:00am On May 15, 2020
All these trafficking is due to greed! A 13 year old went to hustle when her mates are in the classroom. What about hawking after school? I know some of these people, they only cook up stories to save face. Some went with their parents' consent! I saw this somewhere where mothers were waiting for their teenage daughters to come home from brothels and boast of who brought most money.
The government should be arresting people who give children out as housemaids. Children can hawk after school.

Watched a documentary on NTA where 12 year old children were trafficked and engine spoilt on the river, they said they were told they were going to work somewhere a year and become millionaires so they left home without anybody's consent.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Tissaia(f): 8:14am On May 15, 2020
Ndeewo

Igbo kwenu

Igbo kwenu

identities of the managers as Okon Felix, 32; MichaelEtim, 22; Victor Asuquao, 35 and Goodness Ebiefie, 32.

11 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by KanuSE: 8:14am On May 15, 2020
Where are the Islamic rulings for this Friday?

4 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by eleko1: 8:15am On May 15, 2020
sad
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by PureGoldh(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2020
The rate of crime committed in dx country is so alarming.
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Destroyerofyeeb: 8:15am On May 15, 2020
I'm very sure there must be a nyamuri involved somewhere, somehow in this. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by deepwater(f): 8:15am On May 15, 2020
lol
Nigeria police spreading them apart for the camera

wont they be cramped like sardines inside the cells thereafter?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Roon9(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2020
Even after realising that a good number of them are under age the dumb policemen still publicly display their pics

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by AudioNews(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala at it again
Na der hand work

18 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by ForeThinker: 8:16am On May 15, 2020
Nawwaoo

1 Like

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Hoodbilonia: 8:17am On May 15, 2020
Hiv zombies at it again

1 Like

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2020
Na waoo
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Carlyboi(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2020
If the guys I’m seeing in that Pic are there traffickers/Pimps then those girls must been having it extremely rough where they came from and desperate cos those boys look like they’re really struggling to get some bread how they expected those kind of people to turn their lives around and get them jobs is baffling!its simply a case of kids trafficking kids!

5 Likes

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2020
AudioNews:
Ewedu nd Amala at it again
Na der hand work

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by mjabdulk: 8:18am On May 15, 2020
Why this act is rampart in igbo side? The govt should deal with them drastically.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by kollinskollins(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2020
Freedom at last
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by ikedi205: 8:18am On May 15, 2020
The rate of trafficking in Nigeria is on the rise .
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Atayi1248: 8:18am On May 15, 2020
Dat is very barbaric and unacceptable in the society,why is it that sex trafficking is still exiting in nigeria here
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by PositiveDirect: 8:18am On May 15, 2020
sad
Re: 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos by Nobody: 8:19am On May 15, 2020
Ah ha..

You mean this five star hotel..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brazilian Gang Leader Dresses Up As His Daughter In Failed Prison Escape (Pics) / Man Steals 58 Ladies’ Pants In Anambra, Escapes Lynching / Father Of Two Steals Car, Repaints It Within 8 Hours In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.