Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline (45611 Views)

ECOWAS Imposes No Flight Zone On Niger Republic / Doctor Farah Dagogo Insists On Niger Delta Controling Its Oil / President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 15, 2020
It's a Pity I missed this post on Vanguard. But it's not true
The Only dead specie was Croaker.

From my discipline, oil pollution affects FISHES not some SPECIES of FISH.
Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by risos(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2020
farady:

Hmmm. Your comments therefore infers that Oil Companies have influenced this NOSDRA's report. Indeed produced water mostly comes from crude oil platforms/facilities.

So one would have expected NOSDRA trace the source of these toxic metals and include this in its report.

I live in a country where anything goes.

Infrastructures are hardly maintained in this part of the world example is the obsolete refineries, ajaokuta steel complex etc, now these are structures that are visible to everyone.
We are dealing with oil and gas wells which date back as far as 70s (this is speculative because I don't have access to accurate data).
What are the true conditions of these wells? given the corrosive nature of the environment they exist.
Can they handle the high pressure during well operations. I doubt strongly.

By the way this covid19 period is and ideal time to carry out work over operations to increase the flow of reservoir fluid since demand for crude oil is at its lowest.
Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by tbaby4u(f): 7:35pm On May 15, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
The gods sent them Dead Fish as Pallative

Funny u
Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by pato405(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2020
Interesting. Indescriminate disposal of waste to coastal waters a major problem
Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by PropertyBuying(f): 6:12am On May 16, 2020
DarlingEmojist:
Mammi Water don vex
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by Hec1: 2:23pm On May 16, 2020
Conducting tissue analysis is good but I hope they also analyzed the water to ensure the quality is fit for aquatic life. Personally, such large number of death can only be attributed to acute exposure to toxic substances or the sudden reduction in water quality. I also hope they recorded the levels of dissolved oxygen in the water as this could be a pointer to why we had such large number of dead fishes.
Re: NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline by Colynzonature: 4:00pm On May 16, 2020
What we are seeing here is government report. where is the independent report from the Civil Society Community?
This is not acceptable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Distributes Power Bikes To KAROTA (Photos) / 6 Important Things To Do For Survival As Nigeria Gets Tougher / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Storms Tel Aviv University In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.