Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama (46637 Views)

Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace / Xenophobic Attacks : Air Peace Offers To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Wiseoldman: 11:21am On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
If I was the one there I'll never think Nigeria again

I hope you will get to the stage in life, where you statement above doesn't make sense to you anymore. I had a friend that once said same, now he travels to these country for only days at most.

Life is in stages and men in sizes...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by gnykelly(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2020
chapwiz:
But on a second thought didn't the airline knew they don't have the requirements to undertake the journey to Canada before embarking on it? I still don't get it. At least make still put ourselves in order before international embarrassment.

it's not an embarrassment.

during the peak of corona virus some airlines in USA was given permission landing in China but non of the crew disembark.

this is a humanitarian flight that gives room for compassion. not a commercial flight.

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by TrebleChamp(m): 11:26am On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
If you were the CEO of a multinational corporation in Nigeria currently stranded, you will stay back in Canada and be packing snow for a living? Those coming back aren't stupid

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by antocreative: 11:27am On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:

Poverty and inferiority complex is bad! You think abroad is heaven, huh...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2020
Miracle1991:
Canada was built by Canadians. What have you contribute to build Nigeria? Always blaming politicians but if government decided to arrest those politicians, you people will start crying. You will start bringing political,ethnical and religious colouration.
Did you just asked what I have contributed to build Nigeria? I’ll answer you.
In my own little way: I have distributed goods (food packages and materials) worth 25,000 to help people in my environment during this lockdown. I have in several years been paying my tax to the local government councils where I reside though they didn’t disturb me nor no one ever compel me to do, in my capacity; I have been able to bring a initiative (though still struggling for survival) which brings people closer to their leaders where they make their agonies known, I have helped in building Nigeria in my own way by convincing a foreign investor to consider Nigeria and it was done without me getting a dime out of it, just my little self. I have been able to convince citizens around around me to make a trackable road which lead to our district while I was responsible for their welfare. Amongst other. I can go ahead but it’s of no need doing such to someone who’s as shallow as you are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Miracle1991: 11:29am On May 15, 2020
codemaniacs:

read the comment below:

and the other just said not every body is as poor as he is. Calling someone a poor man, is it an insult.
BTW is he not poor? So if you call a poor man is an insult abi? Stop bragging on what you are not.
The guy is a poor man. Period

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 11:30am On May 15, 2020
olajizz01:
And during this time, hunger will do the job for you.
Why not face your front.
How many death has Canadian reported attributed to hunger? Use your upstairs well.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Miracle1991: 11:35am On May 15, 2020
jawalis:

In my own little way: I have distributed goods (food packages and materials) worth 25,000 to help people in my environment during this lockdown. I have in several years been paying my tax to the local government councils where I reside though they didn’t disturb me nor no one ever compel me to do, in my capacity; I have been able to bring a initiative (though still struggling for survival) which brings people closer to their leaders where they make their agonies known, I have helped in building Nigeria in my own way by convincing a foreign investor to consider Nigeria and it was done without me getting a dime out of it, just my little self. I have been able to convince citizens around around me to make a trackable road which lead to our district while I was responsible for their welfare. Amongst other. I can go ahead but it’s of no need doing such to someone who’s as shallow as you are.
good. Clapp for yourself. If everybody should do his best like you Nigeria will be great.

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by blackboy(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2020
Heard it was because no quarantine space in Nigeria. Heard all passengers are to pay a fee
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by RALPHOW(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
Because you never travel out of the country!
There is no place like home!!
Nigeria problem is just bad leadership!!!
Home is home man!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Mizwisdom(f): 11:45am On May 15, 2020
omoiyamayor:
they have Canada residence,after the pandemic they are out of Nigeria again.

How do you know?
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Mizwisdom(f): 11:46am On May 15, 2020
omoiyamayor:
very insensitive comment,let us be polite with each other, its a way of promoting unity.

But he's saying the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Antichristus: 11:51am On May 15, 2020
Kekereekun123:
let us learn to tell Nigerians the truth. Our actions and plans abroad rub off other Nigerians. Canada today rejects over 83% of Nigeria student visa applications and also visit visa. Because Nigerians would borrow money to pad account get to canada and skip the school. Some will claim they came for training or conference from there turn to asylum seeker. Lets learn to do the right thing. Even people were using usa visit visa to go give birth. Today we know wasssup

The actions of Nigerian leaders who have shortchanged Nigerians’ future underpin Nigerians’ desperation to want to get out of that sh1th0le and banana republic. Gone are the days when the Nigerian currency was stronger than the US dollars, gone are the days when you completed your degrees in the UK, USA, Canada, and the next day, you hop on the plane with your British, American, Canadian spouse and return to Nigeria with jobs lined up for you. Desperate situations call for desperate actions. As a 19 year old, I was simultaneously offered admission into NDA Kaduna and fully funded degree at UCL in the UK - both purely on merit. I knew no one, had no connections but ‘smashed’ all sorts of aptitude tests GCE, A-Level, TOEFL, SAT, Oxford MAT, etc. However, I saw the way Nigeria was going and realised it was full speed on the highway to self destruction. I opted to travel abroad. Nigeria has since then monumentally declined as a country. The problem is, because some individuals personally feel secured (socially and economically), they think (because they don’t care to look at the total picture) that things are okay and Nigeria is the place to be. It is only when the majority of Nigerians have that sense of social and economic security and can confidently claim that it is the place to be that we can truly say Nigeria has grown, not when public officials’ pockets have ballooned whilst those of the common man is empty. So, do I blame those who seek students’ visa to escape Nigeria? No. Do I blame those travelling to US so children can be born there to claim citizenship? Not at all. Pay your hospital bills if you delivered babies there. Look, Americans are in Africa for their selfish interests. European oil companies, for example, are plundering Africa’s wealth. However, when you get there seek legal and honest means of staying on. In my decades of living abroad, I’ve seen promising young men and women graduated with excellent degrees from world class universities rushing back home to achieve nothing in real terms. Nigeria wastes its talents. Don’t get wasted.

5 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by hopexter(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:

If you're on a Visit-Visa and you ran out of budget with no access to work or Canadian government public funds. What do you do other than get back home?

3 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Nobody: 11:51am On May 15, 2020
Realkingrex:

He made his point, you made yours... do you have to make yours with an insult Funny enough you might still be in SS1
i was in ss1 some 17 years ago. Abeg comot here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by ivolt: 12:01pm On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:

see this ajegunle beggar.. Have you every crossed the borders of your state??.. or you just sit there, eat akpu and rant..
grin
Enough said!
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by salford1: 12:02pm On May 15, 2020
dontro:
Let me guess, they want some Canadian airline to do the job and get the pay?
And properly remit taxes.
It doesn't have to be Canadian though. Air Ethiopia or Egypt Air for example would be allowed.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Getintouch2004(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Because he is Igbo.
You are a dumb tribal bigot.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeria is fight for the head Canada is talking about face cap.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by tot(f): 12:14pm On May 15, 2020
jawalis:

Having done all this - which is commendable by the way, why would you then rather die in Canada?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by habiham: 12:23pm On May 15, 2020
Those are people that have plans of coming home before the break out of covid 19 govt given them awof ticket
Crixxx:
what are Nigerians there coming back for..

Ftc tho. Let those whining in my mentions keep whining till eternity they haven't crossed their village boundary before..

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by PropertyBuying(f): 12:24pm On May 15, 2020
omoiyamayor:
very insensitive comment,let us be polite with each other, its a way of promoting unity.
Many do not plan the right value in mutual respect from our thoughts towards another person to our utterances and action.

1 Like

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2020
tot:

Having done all this - which is commendable by the way, why would you then rather die in Canada?
It is my choice. I owe no one an explanation.
But in case if you really cares, I have been reading on the internet how Canadian governments put all necessary measures to curtail the spread on Covid 19 and how the citizens abide faithfully with the law of the land. But the otherwise is Nigeria case. Even aside corona virus outbreak, we can’t in any way compare Nigeria with Canada. Not in anyway. So why will I chose to stay/die here if I have the means of moving out.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by letitrainnow(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2020
Easy case, hopefully
sad
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Mizwisdom(f): 12:38pm On May 15, 2020
tot:

Good question, but you should be able to perceive lies from afar

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Mizwisdom(f): 12:45pm On May 15, 2020
jawalis:

It is my choice. I owe no one an explanation.
But in case if you really cares, I have been reading on the internet how Canadian governments put all necessary measures to curtail the spread on Covid 19 and how the citizens abide faithfully with the law of the land. But the otherwise is Nigeria case. Even aside corona virus outbreak, we can’t in any way compare Nigeria with Canada. Not in anyway. So why will I chose to stay/die here if I have the means of moving out.

Choice bi ti bawo? so which province will they bury you or they should just throw your body inside Naigra falls?

1 Like

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by ppogba: 12:49pm On May 15, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Because he is Igbo.

Comments on this topic will NEVER be complete without one like this.

I am even surprised they have not come in torrents.

One can only imagine the comments if the Min for Foreign Aff. (G. Onyema)were to be from another tribe.

One can only imagine if NCDC were to be headed by somebody from another tribe.

We await more stupid comments from people of your class. No be today e start.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Choice bi ti bawo? so which province will they bury you or they should just throw your body inside Naigra falls?

Only the living cares about the dead.
The dead knows nothing.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2020
Mizwisdom:

But he's saying the truth!
yes but he could say it without insults.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2020
Mizwisdom:

How do you know?
the amount the are paying for said it,that evacuation is not for poor folks.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2020
Farki:

The solution is simple, pay the young people and professionals a living wage here and they won't want to run away.

A lot of people who want to leave don't do it because they so love the west, some do but most just want to provide for themselves and their families legally.
i disagree with you,young people dont need to be paid for not contributing to the economy,i say give them opportunity and people will not run.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2020
Miracle1991:
we should be polite with someone that hate our country abi? Even Niger are not condemning their country the way Nigerians do to Nigeria. In fact that was the best answer give to that buffoon.
Anybody that will come here to insult our country should be terms as enemy of Nigeria and should be treated as such.
you need to know who the enemy are,the man is not enemy of the state,the rulers and the west are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Poses With Lion In South Africa / Fatal Accident This Morning At Ikeja, Lagos (graphic Pictures) / Truck Hits Man's Car In Benue, Drags It Along The Road As Occupant Screams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.