Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies (76235 Views)

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There / Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Format Of Drugs, Job & Sex Trafficking Scam Run By Nigerians In South Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by udy4real(m): 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I thought they said with someone's BVN, they can wipe off someone's money.
It's not possible
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by udy4real(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
KLand:

Good to know you didn't fall a victim of the scam call. Those information you mentioned that the guy have are not so sensitive.

Your name, account number, BVN number, email address. These are information you might have shared with someone, one way or another.

Real sensitive infos are your PIN, ATM debit PAN (especially the 6 middle numbers), Security no, internet banking token (from hardware or software). Those are really the sensitive details, never share them with anyone you don't trust
But if you do not collect atm card from your bank can they still scam you?
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by KLand(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
udy4real:

But if you do not collect atm card from your bank can they still scam you?

Yes you still be scammed. The phone no tied to your account can be a point of target.

If you did not request ATM card from your bank and you get defrauded via ATM, you bank is liable to refund you.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by udy4real(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
KLand:

Yes you still be scammed. The phone no tied to your account can be a point of target.

If you did not request ATM card from your bank and you get defrauded via ATM, you bank is liable to refund you.
But how possible is that?
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Crayfish09: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
KulKid:
I need help on tracking a criminal! Na the picture dey below! His real names are Micheal Enuosa! Idiot scammed me of almost 500k! I pray I don't catch him! He currently stays in Abuja! Pls if you have anyone who is into tracking criminals like this kindly quote my post! I'm ready to pay money or come up with a specific percent cut from the money recovered once this idiot is caught! Thanks!

It's most probably not his picture. My friend, let me advise you. NEVER CONDUCT AN ONLINE BUSINESS WITH A NIGERIAN especially if you don't know him
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by KLand(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
udy4real:

But how possible is that?

It's complicated. Just make sure you don't lose the phone that has your phone number tied to your bank account. It might give fraudsters an inroute to defraud you if find yourself in that situation.

So if you ever lose your SIM, immediately block the SIM and block your bank account to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by udy4real(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
KLand:

It's complicated. Just make sure you don't lose the phone that has your phone number tied to your bank account. It might give fraudsters an inroute to defraud you if find yourself in that situation.

So if you ever lose your SIM, immediately block the SIM and block your bank account to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Wow
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Mopolchi: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
This mumu 08139958950 called to scam me today. I told him that he should take all the money he can find in the account. Since he has all my details, why asking me to confirm my date of birth?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Toluige Olokoobi Babalola's Husband Was Met On Top Of Her Body / Wesley Pessano Santarem, Crypto Trader, Shot Dead In Brazil / Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.