Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,638 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies (76463 Views)

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There / Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Format Of Drugs, Job & Sex Trafficking Scam Run By Nigerians In South Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Nobody: 12:28am On May 16, 2020
Icechillz:
Lol these bastard scammers never give up, that's how they called me claiming they are access bank customer care nah correct insult they chop, and the funny thing is that they called for almost 4 times, i just blacklisted their numbers, foolish people!
they now make use of females to pose as customer care cos they know most dudes will fall if they hear a female voice cheesy.just giving u heads up oo cheesy
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by CuteYvonne777: 12:58am On May 16, 2020
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by KulKid(m): 1:06am On May 16, 2020
I need help on tracking a criminal! Na the picture dey below! His real names are Micheal Enuosa! Idiot scammed me of almost 500k! I pray I don't catch him! He currently stays in Abuja! Pls if you have anyone who is into tracking criminals like this kindly quote my post! I'm ready to pay money or come up with a specific percent cut from the money recovered once this idiot is caught! Thanks!

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by tk4rd: 1:09am On May 16, 2020
KulKid:
I need help on tracking a criminal! Na the picture dey below! His real names are Micheal Enuosa! Idiot scammed me of almost 500k! I pray I don't catch him! He currently stays in Abuja! Pls if you have anyone who is into tracking criminals like this kindly quote my post! I'm ready to pay money or come up with a specific percent cut from the money recovered once this idiot is caught! Thanks!
The picture ooo, the name ooo, the current city ooo, all na scam.
The account itself and every information on it about the owner are all fake.
Your only help is, the name on his bank account.
That at least should be his real name

3 Likes

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by KulKid(m): 1:55am On May 16, 2020
tk4rd:
The picture ooo, the name ooo, the current city ooo, all na scam.
The account itself and every information on it about the owner are all fake.
Your only help is, the name on his bank account.
That at least should be his real name
Trust me I have everything! The picture I posted is his account on IG! Below is the transfer of 150K I did to his eco bank account! MICHAEL ENUOSA is his real names!

1 Like

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Seunn11: 2:11am On May 16, 2020
I have had two experiences. One like the one posted by OP and another one different.
Format 1. DOB was described as different. The guy got my three names correctly. The name of the bank was also correct. He asked me which of the DOB was correct. Then I asked him to confirm again his name and the branch of the bank where he was calling from. His department and office number. That was when the insult started. He lambasted me for not being helped. I called back and he didn't pick up the phone. Then I did what I had to do. I placed him on a curse, by text messages.

FORMAT 2. This happened earlier. Over three years ago.
On a Saturday, I received two text messages informing me that someone wanted to open a union Bank account with my BVN. And that the bank had blocked my union bank account because they suspected a fraud. I didn't reply because I couldn't be bothered. I had no union bank account. And I saw no reason why anyone would want to open an account with my details.
Then on the following day, a Sunday, i received a phone call at about 11.am. I just returned from church and I was about to eat. I picked up the call. It turned out to be a purported union Bank staff. He asked me if I got their message on the previous day to which I answered in the affirmative. He then progressed to explain that they had to temporarily suspend my union bank account. I said that was ok. Good job. He then requested for my atm card number. I questioned why. He answered that they would need it to unblock my account. I told him I was not with the card at that moment and that he could call back in some minutes for me to get the card ready.
I searched through my expired card collections and I was tempted to use one of them. But I decided against that because the cards could still be traced back to me. I even searched the internet for some sample atm card. But before I could get one, his call came in. He went straight to the point again. No security check and so on. He asked me to dictate the numbers to him. That was the instant when I could not control my laughter. I busted into a laughter. And sensing that the game was up, the little prankster started to abuse me before he hung up.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by djoe21(m): 2:42am On May 16, 2020
Icechillz:
Lol these bastard scammers never give up, that's how they called me claiming they are access bank customer care nah correct insult they chop, and the funny thing is that they called for almost 4 times, i just blacklisted their numbers, foolish people!

Why do they like using Access bank? They have called me twice pretending to be from Access bank.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Jaspernubi: 4:16am On May 16, 2020
my concern is how a fraudster used the name Adebola to scam another person. a tribal bigot will think fraud is associated with a tribe
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by anthropizzy(m): 4:58am On May 16, 2020
omimigaius:
Bankers in nairaland! Pls what do I do with scammers in Gt bank Agbara.
I never registered my account for Internet banking yet, someone registered my account with Gt bank App and used the App to transfer money out of my Account. Is this not an insider job?
It was only my account officer I spoke to about my details 24hours before the incident.
He has however denied any involvement but I want to pick him with Law Enforcement Agents.

If you are sure of what you are saying please report this matter to CBN and report to Gtbank also. Gtbank should do a further investigation.

It is possible that your account officer committed the fraud. I have seen cases whereby an account officer will commit fraud on customer account such happens alot.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by anthropizzy(m): 5:04am On May 16, 2020
benebaby77:

I don't think your account is safe with Access Bank. Lost my phone last week and somebody transferred about 100K from my Access Bank account that has no active ATM card using USSD code. One's account needs to have active ATM card for the USSD to be used for transfer and the maximum daily amount is NGN 20K... Access Bank is yet to refund/recall my money

Something is definitely wrong with Access Bank. I'm considering closing my accounts with the Bank.

Report them to CBN

1 Like

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by anthropizzy(m): 5:14am On May 16, 2020
sircatherine45:

I laugh
You say?
Some better than others?
Hmm...
Don't make that mistake...
I lost $200,000 to a bank in Nigeria, so i know what i am saying...

He is right. Some banks are far better than others.

Tier 2 banks to me are better than some of these tier 1 banks.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by tk4rd: 6:18am On May 16, 2020
KulKid:
Trust me I have everything! The picture I posted is his account on IG! Below is the transfer of 150K I did to his eco bank account! MICHAEL ENUOSA is his real names!
Please what led to the transfer in the first place?
Tell us your story let us all learn from it please.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by bnbash(m): 6:37am On May 16, 2020
Icechillz:
When they get fustrated they start insulting. if you notice something like that insult shít outta them and end the call.

One also called my big sis few weeks ago from accesss bank, she knew it was them but she just played along, then she asked the idiot why is he calling her, you will be surprised at what he said

he told her that he want her money, she insulted the idiot before ending the call.
Hahaha. I also played along and dragged him for almost 15 minutes. Finally when he got me he said "Fool" and ended the call. I wonder who was the fool between me and him.
We have bunch of lazy people in this Country who want to be rich without legitimately working for it.

4 Likes

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Ensquare(m): 6:45am On May 16, 2020
It happened to me too. The level of their English eh will make you think you are dealing with a genuine staff. I told Him that I will go my bank and rectify the fault. They insisted if I don't do it now I will have to contact a lawyer . I told them I am on my way to the nearest branch. thats how they disappeared pam
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Icechillz(m): 6:45am On May 16, 2020
Talknochip:
lol. That insult no be here o. Banks wey be say with your radio frequency balance , dey go still dey courteous to u. Lol
grin
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Truthbites: 6:54am On May 16, 2020
Goodnigga:
To avoid many issues, be wise, have many bank accounts, in the following order.
1. Account 1: Mega money, no ATM, only receiving.
2. Account 2: Big money, have ATM( in case your bank already charged you). But never use it
3. Account 3: Medium money, collect ATM
4. Account 4. Small money, collect ATM

Hence, those are the two ATM you use, two in case one bank has no network.
As per PIN, he go pain them tire. Even if you give Account 4 mistakenly it is either always RED or few thousands.

Exact format to adopt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Icechillz(m): 7:00am On May 16, 2020
OdefaGirl:
Bank will tell you to kindly come to their branch for rectification of any problem.......
My own is one Emmanuel Nwachukwu that doesn't get tired of calling me. He will call to tell me how I helped him some years back and he wanna pay back..... I should be a supplier of liquid fertilizer.....(no be only "liquid fertilizer" na "liquid metal"wink.....
Trust me I will innocently waste his airtime till he gets tired.
Rubbish!!
No be sex matter
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Icechillz(m): 7:06am On May 16, 2020
SharonLoveth:
07044461508 this number called me when I was in Nigeria, I'm very sure he's a scammer.

+2348077341741 this number is even on WhatsApp chatting with me thought he or she could scam me..

Be guided guys
Where are you now
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Kayharry(m): 7:06am On May 16, 2020
kamez:

yap and u said ur bank will "NEVER" call u..never there means under no circumstance whatsoever..
they only call to know if u are still going to run ur account that is marketing it's different to calling you for something that relate to what this thread is sharing .
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Icechillz(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2020
Honeydenz:

Let me quickly say this, whatever one does has a repercussion later on. It might not be immediately but eventually it will happen. I remember back on campus i used to help my yahoo boyfriend to answer maga and reply scam chats. I was naïve. When something terrible happened to me, I knew it was a results of all those scam I was aiding. I learnt my lesson and realized that whatever u do today is a seed, be it good or bad, it will come back with it's reward when you least expect it. It's all vanity!

Let anyone that wants to defraud keep doing it, one day he/she will realize what's popping. Funny thing now is the Female folks are actively into Yahoo now also. Hehehe
Who knows if he has used your destiny, that's why i dey fear una.

3 Likes

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Midex88(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2020
betexplorer901:
I GOT SCAMMED.

How. Please share
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by omimigaius(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2020
[quote
If you are sure of what you are saying please report this matter to CBN and report to Gtbank also. Gtbank should do a further investigation.

It is possible that your account officer committed the fraud. I have seen cases whereby an account officer will commit fraud on customer account such happens alot. [/quote]

I have reported this matter to the bank but nothing happened, they did not even have a designated form for frauds of that nature. The branch even rejected my intentions to present a written report/complaint on the case. They only asked me to fill a card Issue form, which does not highlight the true nature of the fraud.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by romenna: 7:51am On May 16, 2020
Xbee007:
A colleague at work using Access Bank almost fell for the same scam. They told her her birthday and asked her to call the number on her ATM card so they can rectify the issue.
Thank God I was there to stop her midway.
a colleague fell for them n They withdrew 200k
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by dbestuncle: 7:58am On May 16, 2020
The one that called me last was just so dumb, he didn't even have my account details. He said he is a customer care staff from my bank. I said which of the bank he went to call my full names and other infor he had. I asked again about the bank again, he began scoping me that I know na. Omo, I wanted his credit till he got angry and began insultinh me that since I know hIs mission y waste his credit. He was so angry and even asked God to purnish me, lols.

BluntNigerian:
Scammers are now using the “Date of Birth” Lies to Scam innocent citizens.

Once they have your account number, they can proceed to hack the systems and get your BVN, and from there, they can get your name, address, date of birth, and so on.

And every information you ask of them as confirmation, they will just give it to you, so that you would think that they are genuine.

On Thursday around 4:45pm, one Adebola called me with an ordinary number instead of the usual 0700-300-0000 that Access Bank usually call people with.

He said that he is calling me from the Access Bank Headquarters. He mentioned my correct name for me, and I concurred.

He then went ahead to tell me that the date of birth on my “account” in Access Bank is different from the DOB in my BVN (But I have more than one accounts with Access Bank, so he didn't specify which account he was referring to). He then told me that he needed to know which one out of the two dates are correct so he can correct it.

I asked him to break everything down with figures. He called out my correct DOB and said that it was the DOB on my Access Bank Account. He then called the same DOB and changed the year of birth, and said that it was the DOB on my BVN.

Habbaa!!.
I asked him to explain to me how that could ever be possible. He said that maybe the person that was entering the values made the typo error while feeding my information into the system.
He then told me not to worry, that they can correct it directly from the head-office, that a code will be sent to me to confirm that I am the one, so as to give them permission to....

I cut in immediately telling him that I will go to my bank first thing on Friday morning to rectify it.
He asked me “what sir?”, and I repeated myself again.
He dropped the call immediately.

I went to my bank on Friday to rectify the said error in the DOB, but got disappointed to discover that there was no error on the DOB.
In fact, every single information on my BVN-Page was correct.

The officer that attended to me at the bank told me that I did the right thing by coming to the bank.
That's the number that called me, and that is his name on Truecaller. (In the picture attached)
But he came across to me as Adebola.
The number is registered with fake information, just for the sake of fraud.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by BelieverDE: 8:28am On May 16, 2020
KulKid:

If you received an alert on your phone regarding the transaction, write down the REF ID and report to your bank staff or get to them via their verified social media handle and report the case. Send them them REF ID so they can block the scammer's account on your behalf.
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by fm4real2k6(m): 8:43am On May 16, 2020
I'm always excited to receive this kind of scam call but sadly I only receive one in the last 10yrs.

I'd wish I can get more. I do like the idea of me wasting their time, run them out of credit.

I like when scammers are frustrated mehn. it's a sweet thing, but sadly I don't use to get those calls lol.

Guys, If you receive any calls like this, don't be quick to insult them, please help them waste their credit, let them be frustrated out of the business.

3 Likes

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by alezzy13: 9:33am On May 16, 2020
Wow! Eye opening thread. Bottom line is NEVER RESPOND TO UNSOLICITED MESSAGES
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by KulKid(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2020
tk4rd:
Please what led to the transfer in the first place?
Tell us your story let us all learn from it please.
https://www.nairaland.com/5860814/hello-needed-tracking-scammer-reward sir please click on the link to read the full story!
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2020
rottennaija:
You have dodge their bullet. Now help others too by sharing the story.

One called me with the same date of birth issue and I just listened ... When it was my turn to speak ,I just said: Warri , Urhobo College... He replied with..bros ...ok... No shaking and dropped his calls

1 Like

Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by Nobody: 9:45am On May 16, 2020
Same thing happened to me, still Access Bank....
The same date of birth format
Re: Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies by 3kay945(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2020
mira4u:
shocked. Exactly same thing happened to me today. This is the number they used
0702 585 1596. How he got my correct date of birth I don't even know. Are these bank staff working with them

I just called this number now to tickles their fantasies.
A thick voice came up shouting hello.

True caller brought his identity as Bank Scammer but I am going to add sauces to that name. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wife Set Herself On Fire In Kano After Husband Married A Second Wife / How I Lure Ladies On Instagram To Sleep With Me, Blackmail Them - Suspect- Video / I Collect N500 For Every Killing - Ibadan Serial Killer Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.