Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan (6438 Views)

We Nigerdeltans Are The Most Foolish People In This Country... / Biafra: Ex-ipob Deputy Leader, Uche Mefor Exposes Nnamdi Kanu Secrets, Sponsors / Atiku Borrows Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan’s Statement At Peace Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by spiritmasquerad(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Any Biafra that will have ijaw and urhobo people on it ,just count Anioma people out of it.Using Delta state as a case study
What do u mean pls explain?
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by GreatChizzy: 9:56pm On May 15, 2020
Justiceleague1:

I'm Edo and you oughtta know joining hands together and getting liberated 1st and sort out ourselves later is paramount.

All these impostors "oping" threads upon threads everyday are fifth columnists out to cause division and bad blood among us SS and our SE comrades.
The entire south should infact join hands,forces together and liberate ourselves from the anti true federalism restructuring regionalism resource control internal colonialists and sort ourselves out later.

I beg to differ with you brother. Consultations, MoU, and Treaties comes first before any struggle. And this is where most concerned Niger Deltans have an issue with the IPOB

I think all of the other non-Igbo social-cultural and economic groups deserves to know in clear terms what their stakes are in the struggle. No sane individual takes a job without knowing from the onset, exactly what his take home is going to be at the end of a such job.

Going into any struggle with the mindset of "negotiating" after the struggle is not only uncivilized but puts one at disadvantage also tantamount to putting the Cart first before the Horse.

And that's exactly same reason Libya is in ruins today; because all the factions had "upsurging Ghadaffi" as their only goal and point of unification. Now after achieving that; they couldn't get common grounds anymore but different Warlords controlling different areas in the Country, the greatest being Khalifa Haftar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Bialegend(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2020
[s]Goodluck Jonathan Speaks From US- Why Niger Deltans Do not Want To Be Part Of Biafra
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebere Jonathan yesterday delivered a lecture at Texas US on why remaining indivisible with Nigeria than joining forces with Biafrans in splitting the country will pay niger deltans more.
I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I’ve written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igbo groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I’ve been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I’ve also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran struggle.
When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I’m not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.
Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed.
Please let’s set a good precedence from hereon.
1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other’s excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?
2. Where will the capital be located? If we are to follow the notion of central location, the capital of Biafra won’t be Enugu but around Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene axis. Will Igbos allow their capital to be sited in a non-Igbo location? This is a very salient issue because you don’t expect the riverine Niger Deltan in Twon-Brass, for instance, to journey all the way to Enugu to see their President. It has to be a location where ALL BIAFRANS can access easily. Enugu won’t go.
3. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:
If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I’ve seen comments such as “if you don’t like it, go and stay in Sokoto”, “all land in the South is Biafraland”, etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?
4. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn’t Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won’t get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can’t deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.
5. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.
6. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.
7. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the “heroes” of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.
8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his “oil” to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nation is formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.
9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.
10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people’s thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?
Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won’t pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals[/s]
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by JAMO84: 10:01pm On May 15, 2020
Obiobidgbo14:

The same Goodluck you people conspired and remove from office.
The office is not his father's house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 10:04pm On May 15, 2020
GreatChizzy:

I beg to differ with you brother. Consultations, MoU, and Treaties comes first before any struggle. And this is where most concerned Niger Deltans have an issue with the IPOB

I think all of the other non-Igbo social-cultural and economic groups deserves to know in clear terms what their stakes are in the struggle. No sane individual takes a job without knowing from the onset, exactly what his take home is going to be at the end of a such job.

Going into any struggle with the mindset of "negotiating" after the struggle is not only uncivilized but puts one at disadvantage also tantamount to putting the Cart first before the Horse.

And that's exactly same reason Libya is in ruins today; because all the factions had "upsurging Ghadaffi" as their only goal and point of unification. Now after achieving that; they couldn't get common grounds anymore but different Warlords controlling different areas in the Country, the greatest being Khalifa Haftar.

Are we mallams or do we have the mindset of mallams?

Who would wanna take someone that got coastline and the crude for a ride?

Time is against us. Liberation is now.
We cannot do much in the land of bondage
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by JAMO84: 10:05pm On May 15, 2020
To put this long epistle in few words, Biafraudians are dangerous land grabbers!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by GreatChizzy: 10:18pm On May 15, 2020
Justiceleague1:

What is so difficult for IPOB as a body to reach out to these non-Igbo groups in proper consultations and coming out with well written MoU and Treaties that would be binding by International laws?

I may be born in the night but definitely not last night. IPOB downplayment of Treaties and Consultations with the non-Igbo community thus annaxed in the Biafran map, is a major red flag and I dare alleged that it forms part of the reasons the struggle hasn't gotten the momentum necessary for an International action.

Without documented Treaties; there are sections of the People and Authorities IPOB cannot influence into the Struggle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Chikpat(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2020
I dont believe Mr Jonathan write this. If he did, then he is an ungrateful bastarrd and Igbos should learn how Niger Delta used and dumped them.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 10:35pm On May 15, 2020
lukui:

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks From US- Why Niger Deltans Do not Want To Be Part Of Biafra
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebere Jonathan yesterday delivered a lecture at Texas US on why remaining indivisible with Nigeria than joining forces with Biafrans in splitting the country will pay niger deltans more.
I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I’ve written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igbo groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I’ve been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I’ve also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran struggle.
When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I’m not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.
Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed.
Please let’s set a good precedence from hereon.
1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other’s excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?
2. Where will the capital be located? If we are to follow the notion of central location, the capital of Biafra won’t be Enugu but around Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene axis. Will Igbos allow their capital to be sited in a non-Igbo location? This is a very salient issue because you don’t expect the riverine Niger Deltan in Twon-Brass, for instance, to journey all the way to Enugu to see their President. It has to be a location where ALL BIAFRANS can access easily. Enugu won’t go.
3. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:
If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I’ve seen comments such as “if you don’t like it, go and stay in Sokoto”, “all land in the South is Biafraland”, etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?
4. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn’t Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won’t get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can’t deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.
5. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.
6. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.
7. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the “heroes” of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.
8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his “oil” to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nation is formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.
9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.
10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people’s thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?
Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won’t pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals

Do you have 24/7 power where you are living?

What if you diverted this energy to put something in writing or protested against the decade long darkness in Nigeria?!

I pity you could you got a long way to go
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 10:45pm On May 15, 2020
GreatChizzy:

What is so difficult for IPOB as a body to reach out to these non-Igbo groups in proper consultations and coming out with well written MoU and Treaties that would be binding by International laws?

I may be born in the night but definitely not last night. IPOB downplayment of Treaties and Consultations with the non-Igbo community thus annaxed in the Biafran map, is a major red flag and I dare alleged that it forms part of the reasons the struggle hasn't gotten the momentum necessary for an International action.

Without documented Treaties; there are sections of the People and Authorities IPOB cannot influence into the Struggle.

Have you done any research or investigation to ascertain if such exist in a way or you are just expressing needless fear?

And is it only ipob that wants emancipation,don't we also want it,what stops us from also reaching out to similar groups for stronger ties?
Can we fight alone?
Do you want to tell the world that people like Asari Dokuboh, Edwin Clark,Ankio Briggs,and co are out in the cold in this agitation by the Igbos?
Do you think these people can't be sidelined or toyed with?
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Ojiofor: 11:22pm On May 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Its obvious you dont get the point. Let me put it like this for your understanding: imagine Nigeria's capital is Borno state or Sokoto. Situating the capital in a faraway place is the point op is trying to make.

Have you ever considered how far Lagos was from Sokoto and Bornu and yet Lagos was once our capital.
Have you also considered how far Washigton DC is from New York?
Btw,Enugu should be 3hr from PH and maybe 4to5 from Calabar at most by road.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by YungMillionaire: 12:30am On May 16, 2020
The ONLY thing that pains me about this Biafra of a thing is the constant inclusion of Itshekiri. We have told the foolish yeeboos that hell will freeze over and we will still not join their useless Biafra. They will not listen. Its like they are mentally not okay. Cursed? Confused? Misled? What exactly is the yeeboo's problem? The ONLY thing I have in common with a yeeboo is that we are currently in the same country. If Nigeria breaks, I will like to be as far away from yeeboo as possible. Remove Itshekiris from your map of madness and confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by YungMillionaire: 12:44am On May 16, 2020
KosiGee:

The Op is a Yoruba guy from Kwara state. Why is someone like him worried about Igbos?
He is a failed blogger whose blog site with a reputation of peddling lies. He has created other monikers to support and like his initial post.

It is seems you are quite dull. Your screenshots show the guy is more likely Igbo than Yoruba.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by AdaoraNK(f): 12:47am On May 16, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

Fake or not the issues that were raised were not answered

So why would a yoruba man douse up a propaganda within the eastern Nigeria?

1. Who gave them the rights to decide the geographycal scope of Biafra

2. Why are yoruba's troubled and envy the unity of SE/SS

3. They want Oduduwa Republic with Warri and ijaw but will die to see SE/SS become one country.

I'm yet to understand why yoruba dey carry the unity of SE/SS for head like bread a d akara.

4. If they feel they can stand on their own, why are they pock nosing into other people's affairs. They are not more related to the SS than the SS. I wonder what their game plan is? Each SE/SS is mentioned, they have heart attack and sleepness nights. I guess they need their oil for survival.

5. The Igbo race have been most accommodating and in tolerance to have mingled in every sphere of the country making friends, building bridges accreoss ethnic groups with vsat business empires spread accross the length and breath of Nigeria.

6. Despite the Civil War, igbos are the new face of modern Nigeria (in unity), marginalizing them will bring the nation to crumble.

So, the media from the west should understand that there are not.more brotherly to Niger Delta (SS) than the igbos.

Your propagandas won't work. Its too late. Those propagandas worked in 60's and early 70's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by YungMillionaire: 12:56am On May 16, 2020
Justiceleague1:

You fail to see basic logic. Are you IPOB? Because we know Igbos are very allergic to logic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by KosiGee(m): 1:23am On May 16, 2020
YungMillionaire:

It is seems you are quite dull. Your screenshots show the guy is more likely Igbo than Yoruba.

...because he says, “those Yoruba guys”...

His name is 99.99% more likely to be Yusuf Opeyemi or a Tope than Emeka Okeke.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Kinematics: 1:30am On May 16, 2020
Ojiofor:

Have you ever considered how far Lagos was from Sokoto and Bornu and yet Lagos was once our capital.
Have you also considered how far Washigton DC is from New York?
Btw,Enugu should be 3hr from PH and maybe 4to5 from Calabar at most by road.

Same reason the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja.
Washington DC is not far from New York. You should be talking about how far California is from Washington DC, mind you I'm not here to talk about America.
Both Calabar and Enugu are 4 hrs each from PH.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Pinkybush: 5:36am On May 16, 2020
Wether the above points was raised by GEJ or by the devil, the truth remains that those facts cannot be erase. As an Akwa Ibomite, Eket to be precise, I'm in full support of those points. I don't want to be a part of Biafra with Igbo. If Nigeria must be divided, it should be along the six geopolitical zones we have, NW, NE, NC, SW, SE & SS period. But as for Biafra, Akwa Abasi Ibom State will not or will never be a part of it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Collyweed: 6:55am On May 16, 2020
GreatChizzy:

While I am of the opinion that every ethnicity should work out their own salvation (with fear and trembling), I have to wonder if you guys are deliberately throwing a red herring here by the consistent focus on IPOB.

Is it possible that you guys are actually forgetting that there is another organization called the Lower Niger Congress. (LNC)? LNC has been a lot more deliberate in her approach and has actually addressed the issues you guys seem to raise consistently.

This just shows that most of denizens of this colonial prison camp are not ready for freedom. As it is now I am now against any group that is attempting to use Igbo blood, sweat and tears to again try to solve what affects everyone. Let us continue with this colonial prison camp until we all get some sense. This is freaking insane!
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by GreatChizzy: 7:47am On May 16, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Have you done any research or investigation to ascertain if such exist in a way or you are just expressing needless fear?

And is it only ipob that wants emancipation,don't we also want it,what stops us from also reaching out to similar groups for stronger ties?
Can we fight alone?
Do you want to tell the world that people like Asari Dokuboh, Edwin Clark,Ankio Briggs,and co are out in the cold in this agitation by the Igbos?

I can authoritatively tell you that there are none!!! Some of us are members/officials of social-cultural/ethnic groups headed by these people you mentioned and I can tell you for a fact; IPOB/NMK never reached out before annaxing their lands in the Biafra Map, we aren't in 1967 anymore. It is the IPOB that has a map annaxing Niger Deltans and not Niger Deltans with a map annaxing Igbos. So by common sense; who's supposed to do the reaching out?

These men you mentioned ain't men known to hide in the shadows; if their respective groups are captured in some Treaties; their voices would be at the forefront of this struggle too and not only NMK. NMK made it his war, created his own group (IPOB), attacked MASSOB and ignored every other social-cultural/ethnic groups who wouldn't adopt him as her own Supreme Leader. Such traits doesn't speak well of one who would be willing to work with others on terms not entirely his.

It is no news that Asari and NMK are ain't on same page anymore.
The focus is on IPOB, because they came up with a map annaxing these other Tribes/Clans. They made it an "Igbo" Struggle but with a map containing a whole lot of non-Igbo tribes/Clans. Before you present a map annaxing my land; civility expects that you ought to have entered some treaties with me. These and many related issues, being constantly made silent and ignored by the Supreme Leader of IPOB is a major red flag to these other groups.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by valirex: 8:17am On May 16, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Can we fight alone?

I know you prefer we join hands 1st and fight for our independence b4 we decide territories, but lemme tell you that could lead to war again between the newly free people. Am not against us joining hands with IPOB but we must 1st define our territories for instance if we go by your methods a war will definitely ensue btwn Edo and Biafra over Igbanke.

Secondly GreatChizzy is correct that Kanu made it his war, never once did he contact the other regions before including them in his Biafra.

And am starting to think you're Igbo because if you're not you won't say we should not 1st define territories b4 we join hands with igbos.

GreatChizzy:

I can authoritatively tell you that there are none!!! Some of us are members/officials of social-cultural/ethnic groups headed by these people you mentioned and I can tell you for a fact; IPOB/NMK never reached out before annaxing their lands in the Biafra Map, we aren't in 1967 anymore. It is the IPOB that has a map annaxing Niger Deltans and not Niger Deltans with a map annaxing Igbos. So by common sense; who's supposed to do the reaching out?

These men you mentioned ain't men known to hide in the shadows; if their respective groups are captured in some Treaties; their voices would be at the forefront of this struggle too and not only NMK. NMK made it his war, created his own group (IPOB), attacked MASSOB and ignored every other social-cultural/ethnic groups who wouldn't adopt him as her own Supreme Leader. Such traits doesn't speak well of one who would be willing to work with others on terms not entirely his.

It is no news that Asari and NMK are ain't on same page anymore.
The focus is on IPOB, because they came up with a map annaxing these other Tribes/Clans. They made it an "Igbo" Struggle but with a map containing a whole lot of non-Igbo tribes/Clans. Before you present a map annaxing my land; civility expects that you ought to have entered some treaties with me. These and many related issues, being constantly made silent and ignored by the Supreme Leader of IPOB is a major red flag to these other groups.

Yeah they can't be on the same page, how will someone whole claims to fight for justice go ahead and systematically annex people's lands all in the name of they are also Igbos which they are not.
For instance even if they were also Igbos they still have the right to choose where they want to belong for example San Marino is a country within Italy and they speak Italian but are not Italians, we didn't hear Italy annexed them because they speak Italian

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by valirex: 8:20am On May 16, 2020
AdaoraNK:

3. They want Oduduwa Republic with Warri and ijaw but will die to see SE/SS become one country.

I'm yet to understand why yoruba dey carry the unity of SE/SS for head like bread a d akara.

4. If they feel they can stand on their own, why are they pock nosing into other people's affairs. They are not more related to the SS than the SS. I wonder what their game plan is? Each SE/SS is mentioned, they have heart attack and sleepness nights. I guess they need their oil for survival.

5. The Igbo race have been most accommodating and in tolerance to have mingled in every sphere of the country making friends, building bridges accreoss ethnic groups with vsat business empires spread accross the length and breath of Nigeria.

6. Despite the Civil War, igbos are the new face of modern Nigeria (in unity), marginalizing them will bring the nation to crumble.

So, the media from the west should understand that there are not.more brotherly to Niger Delta (SS) than the igbos.

Your propagandas won't work. Its too late. Those propagandas worked in 60's and early 70's

SS and SE will never be one country, how many times will the people of SS tell you guys they don't want your Biafra undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by willyo(m): 9:11am On May 16, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Any Biafra that will have ijaw and urhobo people on it ,just count Anioma people out of it.Using Delta state as a case study
How exactly do u rephrase the above statement. How exactly has the Urhobo done u wrong?
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by dukeprince50: 9:27am On May 16, 2020
AdaoraNK:

u deh crase ni? u better remove ijaw and Yoruba from the same statement? we ijaw are better of without the major three
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 9:32am On May 16, 2020
valirex:

I know you prefer we join hands 1st and fight for our independence b4 we decide territories, but lemme tell you that could lead to war again between the newly free people. Am not against us joining hands with IPOB but we must 1st define our territories for instance if we go by your methods a war will definitely ensue btwn Edo and Biafra over Igbanke.

Secondly GreatChizzy is correct that Kanu made it his war, never once did he contact the other regions before including them in his Biafra.

And am starting to think you're Igbo because if you're not you won't say we should not 1st define territories b4 we join hands with igbos.

Yeah they can't be on the same page, how will someone whole claims to fight for justice go ahead and systematically annex people's lands all in the name of they are also Igbos which they are not.
For instance even if they were also Igbos they still have the right to choose where they want to belong for example San Marino is a country within Italy and they speak Italian but are not Italians, we didn't hear Italy annexed them because they speak Italian

See,it's only a bastard that denies his father's house. Only a bastard claims to be from where he/ she is not.

Please, don't ever accuse me of the bolded above again,thank you.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by dukeprince50: 9:35am On May 16, 2020
Owologbo:

I agree with you. This is not from JEG. (I can bet my left yanch).
The person that wrote this piece raise some valid points though.
As an Isoko blood, we are not/ we will not/ and can never be part of Biafra, Oduduwa or Arewa.
when the time to split Nigeria comes, it will be divided into the six different geopolitical zone.
South South will have their own republic.
thanks.
as a Kalabari blood, I share ur sentiment, those big three are better on their own, the minority will have a big problem if annexed with the majority

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by llakes4real: 9:51am On May 16, 2020
GreatChizzy:
I am from Effurun, Uvwie LGA Delta State. Born and raised in Jakpa Road to be precise. The issues thus raised in this post forms the very core of most Niger Deltans like myself.

We discuss these issues among ourselves, I never stop wondering why the IPOB shy away from addressing salient issues as these, irrespective of who is airing these.

There are concerns by the Urhrobos and other non-Igbo tribes in the Niger Delta annaxed in the Biafra map, can you enlighten me on IPOB stance on these issues intellectually? Can you put a pause on the insults for a minute and engage intellectually? Or is it part of the IPOB tenacts to deflate and ignore using insults?

Did you notice that no one that commented above you tried to answer any of the questions? The questions the op asked are very valid, regardless of the real author of the questions. Weldone, sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by GreatChizzy: 9:52am On May 16, 2020
Igbochief001:

Firstly ipob don't speak for igbos or biafrans

But the biafrans idea is simple ...strong states weak center ...all man manage their resources

Is there a document where all respective groups signed and agree to this claim? Or the speeches in the social media spaces?
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by dukeprince50: 10:01am On May 16, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Sorry if I use the wrong words I have many of ijaw and urhobo people as friends here in Delta state,I must say the truth about 60% of the youth are lazy,could you believe that two of my friends from urhobo side sold an company slot that was given to them and remain jobless,I'm from Delta state and I know what I am talking about.
u attract lazy friends. More especially, everyone won't run a business,personally in my house, I want to own my company and my brother wants to be a public speaker while my sister is a medical doctor, everyone will not own a company if he doesn't feel like. The wealthiest industrialist is an ijaw man from Kalabari, the first African miss world is an ijaw woman from Kalabari they are both doing great in their respective fields. Do not insult ijaw if u have nothing tangible to say.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by llakes4real: 10:14am On May 16, 2020
Chikpat:
I dont believe Mr Jonathan write this. If he did, then he is an ungrateful bastarrd and Igbos should learn how Niger Delta used and dumped them.

How was he ungrateful? What did you do for him that he didn't return in kind? The man did right by Igbos and you don't have the right to play victim yet again.
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by llakes4real: 10:17am On May 16, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Do you have 24/7 power where you are living?

What if you diverted this energy to put something in writing or protested against the decade long darkness in Nigeria?!

I pity you could you got a long way to go

Please, attempt to answer some the questions the op asked?
Re: Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan by valirex: 10:18am On May 16, 2020
Justiceleague1:

See,it's only a bastard that denies his father's house. Only a bastard claims to be from where he/ she is not.

Please, don't ever accuse me of the bolded above again,thank you.

And please stop going about with that idea of yours. I am not against us working together with Biafra, but territories should be defined first.

If you feel like going with Biafra it's your choice don't try deceiving to work with them blindly into freedom b4 we now define territories. If you are vast in politics then you should know that's one of the reasons why South Sudan is still in chaos after being granted their freedom.

Lemme ask you this if you won't take it personal though, the man you will marry will you walk in to the church with him before you both plan where and how to start providing for the family?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel / Northerners, Will You Vote An Igbo Man As President In 2023? / APC Allows Northern Nigeria to Make History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.