Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,055 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties (95990 Views)

Americans Mock Donald Trump Over His Loss (Video) / Biden Replies Trump: 'You Can't Declare The Winner Of This Election' / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Bukden16(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2020
FirstSon01:
After causing the world pain. undecided
China is talking in the nonsense
They're talking in the rubbish cry
They're lucky he didn't even say he'll do nuclear weapons testing in Beijing.
Mofos!!

Nuclear with who..?
The chinkos are dead ready for anything.

If it will get that level, then trust me the Chinkos will unleashed what is worst than coro..
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nefort: 6:48pm On May 15, 2020
FirstSon01:
After causing the world pain. undecided
China is talking in the nonsense
They're talking in the rubbish cry
They're lucky he didn't even say he'll do nuclear weapons testing in Beijing.
Mofos!!
And you think China doesn't have nuclear weapons to use against America?

There is no concrete evidence that this virus actually started from China. It could have been imported. We are only believing it started from China because they were the first to report it.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by olioxx(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2020
valentinegibbs:

I can give you a full note of why I hate him
I have no time for all your spiritual and nonsense conspiracies
Am above that shit
I can tell you that Trump is fucking nuts
But you won't know because maybe you hardly listen to him or maybe some of his stupidity isn't affecting you directly
So don't come and say things you don't know because you think its doesn't affect you
We support people because if ideologies and behavior and you should learn to do so
It's always spiritual with Nigerians ,everything is spiritual
Mtchwwwww
Abeg make una pack well
Oga valentinegibbs leave those ignoramus alone, they keep preaching the gospel of Trump, but these guys don't know that Trump is a very unpredictable, proud, arrogant and wicked man.
Nairalanders don't know the deep secret of the USA and the West.
The USA and the West has played psychology on the world for so long and such people see the USA and the West as the good guys while Russia and China are seen as the bad guys.
All I know is if it sure for Trump, make im cut ties with China. As in if them born him grand mama mama dem well make him cut ties with China, and let us all see how it plays out.
That last year trade war na still still child play, USA go learn by force. Dier father.
Iyalaya anybody.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 15, 2020
Nefort:

If China hates you back you start screaming racism.
With the way they are treating Nigerians over there, the racism is a two way lane. I don't dislike Asians in general. But China has been a thorn in everyone's butt.
Despite the fact that their actions have cost hundred of thousand of people their lives and has crumbled the global economy, they still feel like they're being targeted.
I have every right to dislike them. Whether the virus came from a lab or their market, China messed up big time.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Investnow2017: 6:49pm On May 15, 2020
Sad, very sad. In an interesting thread such as this, instead of addressing the subject with verifiable facts, a lot of folks have resorted to unbridled name-calling.

When I read people use unwholesome vibes against one another in a bid to prove their points I instantly interprete that to mean a tacit admittance of ones inferiority. Your strength lies in your ability to knock down your opponents' arguments with facts and knowledge and not some emotionally-packed lines ladden with mediocre assumptions and unwarranted diatribe.

Much of what I have read is simply China vs Trump; that for me reduced the strength of the subject in my estimation. I have been wanting to read how China can stand with the EU, US, Japan, Taiwan, Brazil, India and indeed all of US allies merged against her. I have not said China cannot stand without the US and it's allies, but I want to be educated on how their economy will be able to hold up if that were to happen.

If you do not have a sound argument, you may well take a position in the audience with your face mask solidly fixed. This is beyond Trump. Other nations not that expressive have even worse bitterness against that Communist regime.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nefort: 6:49pm On May 15, 2020
beylinko02:
See who is asking for cooperation . Las Las the US will hold China by the balls, every evidence would be swept under the carpet, a deal would be signed and Trump and the Communist Leader will shake hands smiling at the Camera...
Just wait and see.
You are underestimating the power of China. Even the US has admitted themselves that dealing with China is difficult.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by imam07: 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:

How many free Grant's, debts, loans, bad debt has the US given and forgiven compared to china?

The Americans setup organization's and factories in host countries, just like they have done in china, same as the Indians. Do the chinese set up companies or just contract companies?..

It's not rocket science...
abeg go sit down.u know nothing except ur hatered for the country u have bn wishing to travel right from your birth. Hypocritical argument. What have u people gained since u have been dealing with China except d molestation u are getting from them here in Nigeria and China. Let them place China and US passport before u and lie to me u will pick China passport. Stupid hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by imam07: 6:52pm On May 15, 2020
Daddysidhan:
imam are you an illiterate
Go sit down. hypocrite.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Balance5432: 6:53pm On May 15, 2020
see below
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by gudugudumeje: 6:55pm On May 15, 2020
@melezenawi:. By the time Amotekun deports you and SLSanusi from Lagos lk Shugaba lk in 1981, ur eyes go open, shai!
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 15, 2020
imam07:
abeg go sit down.u know nothing except ur hatered for the country u have bn wishing to travel right from your birth. Hypocritical argument. What have u people gained since u have been dealing with China except d molestation u are getting from them here in Nigeria and China. Let them place China and US passport before u and lie to me u will pick China passport. Stupid hypocrite.

What are even talking about?... must everything go tribal with you guys... are you even sure you read the write up before ranting, if you dont have the patience to read, then keep quiet than look stupid.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:
The world is thinking of cutting ties with them aswell.. everyone is just waiting for who takes the first step..

The chinese Govt would ruin your factories by subsidising cost for their factories to supply you at unimaginable cost till you are addicted to chinese imports and all your forex going to them..

They would bid for contracts in your country, bring in their workers at expatriate pay and repatriate your forex on a build operate and transfer contract..

They are building free trade zones in your country to take full advantage of your populace should incase you revolt in future.. the free trade zone is bound by international laws and without custom duty for imports while they repatriate your forex

They would eventually loan you funds with massive interest tied to massive revenue income generating infrastructures in your country while repatriating your forex..

They block you gaining access to their populace with your tech apps, but sell tiktok to the world without hindrance while they repatriate your forex..

They have indirectly crashed the price of oil and have massive reservoirs while pushing up electric cars and robots to never depend on you..

They build chinese restaurants in your country and segregate you from visiting the restaurants tagging it "chinese only"...

They are the first country in the world in this current age whose "MC-Donald's" ever read "Blacks are not allowed"..

Now the question:
WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM CHINA?

Well said
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by valentinegibbs(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2020
olioxx:

Oga valentinegibbs leave those ignoramus alone, they keep preaching the gospel of Trump, but these guys don't know that Trump is a very unpredictable, proud, arrogant and wicked man.
Nairalanders don't know the deep secret of the USA and the West.
The USA and the West has played psychology on the world for so long and such people see the USA and the West as the good guys while Russia and China are seen as the bad guys.
All I know is if it sure for Trump, make im cut ties with China. As in if them born him grand mama mama dem well make him cut ties with China, and let us all see how it plays out.
That last year trade war na still still child play, USA go learn by force. Dier father.
Iyalaya anybody.
My brother ,it baffles me when I see Nigerians supporting him ooo
This guy is a racist ,arrogant and crackhead that believes in white supremacy
Imagine ,Nigerians call Obama the anti Christ and all that bullshit
Make all of them travel then they go see say racism dey real
Them go understand say no white man values you
But thats not the point sha
Only if they can see Trump for whom he is but I guess ,religion has always blinded Africa and all they believe is Trump is the savior and you wonder what he is saving them from

4 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Psoul(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2020
GeneralPula:
[b]It will deeply tell on the China's economy should Us cut the ties with them..

Most of the multinational companies that are producing stuffs in china are not own by the Chinese. For example, Apple products. You'll see design in Cali, made in china..( The company making them in china isn't own by the Chinese.) So on like that!

Google search Foxconn... They made Play stations and Xbox, blackberry, Nokia and so on! [/b

So how will this affect China?
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Faithful4real(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Hello, Am a Nigerian-American so am telling you what plays.

Good. Let me guess you are a democrat supporter right?
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 7:02pm On May 15, 2020
GeneralShepherd:

Donald trump's presidency is much more favourable than Obama's to an average Nigerian.

You said what?

undecided

Neither presidency is favorable to the Nigerian man o

Dont deceive yaself
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Staphylococcus: 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
Faithful4real:

Good. Let me guess you are a democrat supporter right?

My affiliation does not matter but facing issues squarely.

Trump is a disappointment

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by alabo1: 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
Melezenawii:
Trump can never do that, American Economy will collapse.

"China is the second-largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasurys.As of February 2020, it owned $1.09 trillion in Treasurys, more than 15% of the public debt held by foreign countries. The U.S. debt to China is lower than the record high of $1.7 trillion held in 2011.

China buys U.S. debt to support the value of the dollar. This is because China pegs its currency, the yuan, to the U.S. dollar. It devalues the currency when needed to keep its export prices competitive.

The U.S. depends heavily on China for providing the low-cost goods that enable income-constrained American consumers to make ends meet. The U.S. also depends on China to support its own exports; next to Mexico and Canada, China is America’s third largest and by far its most rapidly growing major export market.

And, of course, the U.S. depends on China to provide funding for its budget deficits. It is the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities – some $1.3 trillion in direct ownership and at least another $250 billion of quasi-government paper. A lack of Chinese buying could turn the next Treasury auction into a rout.

America depends on China because of a fundamental weakness in the structure of the U.S. economy -- a profound and worrisome lack of domestic saving. In the fourth quarter of 2017, the net domestic saving rate (depreciation-adjusted saving of households, businesses and the government sector, combined) was just 1.3% of national income.

Lacking in savings at home, and wanting to consume and grow, the U.S. must import surplus foreign saving from abroad – and run massive balance-of-payments and trade deficits to import this capital. In 2017, the United States had merchandise trade deficits with 102 nations!"

https://www.industryweek.com/the-economy/article/22025438/us-needs-china-more-than-china-needs-the-us

Finally an informed comment. A lot of comments here show that the average Nigerian is highly ignorant about how the global economy works. Currently the US needs China even more than China needs the US. To add to your points, Trump’s budget deficits will make America’s trade problems worse. A low-saving U.S. economy can't square the circle without trade deficits. With tax cuts of $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years and another $300 billion in spending increases added in by a reckless Congress in order to avert a government shutdown late last year, the net domestic saving rate is headed toward zero – or even lower – with trade deficits likely to widen sharply in response.

Currently exports make up only 20% of China GDP. While America is still Chinas largest export market, a cessation of exports to America will have minimal effect as these volumes will be distributed to other trading partners.

Peace

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
mtchewwwww....America and American companies feed china...apple,google, Microsoft,Intel, Qualcomm etc all got their hardware factories in China... relocating to factories to India or Vietnam will collapse china

secondly, slapping huge tax on Chinese exports to USA will collapse china...mind u,America isn't acting alone.....many asian nations like India,Vietnam,Japan,Korea,taiwan etc are waiting for America to sanction china as their economies will boom further
lol leave these people. Since Trump banned Huawei they've been reduced to a local champion. Huawei mate 30 pro was supposed to be one of the best phones in the world last but failed miserably outside China just because Trump decided to fúck them

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
Psoul:

So how will this affect China?

Job losses.....

Social unrest

America still has the upper hand here

There is one last koboko to flog China if they are still stubborn

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Blackfriday: 7:05pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:

For the Fact I That you Quote means you are Learning from me. I am your signboard! And I Know it!
Lol.... Keep enjoying your shallowness..... Do you know the concept of the 'Tabula rasa", (the empty skull)

Loud mouths like you, only assume to know but when put under scrutiny, ends up knowing nothing.

Empty skull.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by imam07: 7:06pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:

What are even talking about?... must everything go tribal with you guys... are you even sure you read the write up before ranting, if you dont have the patience to read, then keep quiet than look stupid.
U better go through my post again.did I mention any tribe here?
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 15, 2020
Nefort:

Black Americans in the US were attacking Asians because of the Coronavirus. I think this is what made the Chinese act that way towards those Africans. Before the event happened many Africans have been visiting China and we don't hear anything about discrimination.

Anyway, don't blame the Chinese for taking advantage of you if you aren't smart. People will always take advantage of loopholes and it is up to you to be smart and cover up those loopholes of exploitation. So don't blame the Chinese of taking advantage of opportunities when they see one.

I understand you, but there should be a balance... the US understands this balance, that is why:
They give out loans,
They give out Grant's,
They forgive debts,
They trade crude in large volumes,
They regulate crude to give a beneficial income
They support immigration policies
They give scholarships
They grant PR
They set up companies in host nations. Etc

They do these things because they know there is no way we can balance the trade with them, this is their little way if giving back... but the Chinese never do that, rather they devalue their currency so as not to ever get expensive or make you opt for other countries or even look inward. Otherwise why would a country who solely trades with the world have an almost equivalent currency with South Africa..

They make their country people believe in numbers to earn so as to keep the cheap labour and people coming back, rather than take advantage of currency appreciation.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 7:09pm On May 15, 2020
alabo1:

Finally an informed comment. A lot of comments here show that the average Nigerian is highly ignorant about how the global economy works. Currently the US needs China even more than China needs the US. To add to your points, Trump’s budget deficits will make America’s trade problems worse. A low-saving U.S. economy can't square the circle without trade deficits. With tax cuts of $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years and another $300 billion in spending increases added in by a reckless Congress in order to avert a government shutdown late last year, the net domestic saving rate is headed toward zero – or even lower – with trade deficits likely to widen sharply in response.

Currently exports make up only 20% of China GDP. While America is still Chinas largest export market, a cessation of exports to America will have minimal effect as these volumes will be distributed to other trading partners.

Peace

What the hell are you saying sef?

The China needs the US of A much more than the USA needs China

Let this mad man win reelection and move to repeal PNTR with China

Let us see whose economy will collapse first

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nefort: 7:11pm On May 15, 2020
Dew04:
With the way they are treating Nigerians over there, the racism is a two way lane. I don't dislike Asians in general. But China has been a thorn in everyone's butt.
Despite the fact that their actions have cost hundred of thousand of people their lives and has crumbled the global economy, they still feel like they're being targeted.
I have every right to dislike them. Whether the virus came from a lab or their market, China messed up big time.

When the pandemic started, black Americans were attacking and discriminating against Asians in America. I strongly believe this is what pushed China to treat Africans the way they did. Before the pandemic started we never heard anything about China mistreating blacks in China. So what happened? Something must have triggered it.

China is not a thorn in anyone's flesh. They didn't unleash the virus intentionally. It was an accident because it made no sense unleashing a virus against there own citizens. A virus can come from anywhere on earth like ebola came from Africa. Viruses are not a Chinese thing. Besides, there is no concrete evidence that the virus actually came from China. We are only guessing that it actually came from there just because China discovered it first. Researchers have actually figured out that the virus was already spreading around the world as far back as December. This means the virus could have possibly being imported to China as at December before China discovered it first.

Other nations are not as smart as the Chinese who knows how to find and take advantage of opportunities when they see it. When this happens, these nations who failed to close the loopholes of exploitation will begin to complain about China for taking advantage of the situation when these nations carelessly opened up themselves from exploitation.

China hasn't done anything wrong. They are only competing and looking out for their interest. Unfortunately other nations are failing to compete with them and they bitter for losing to the Chinese.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by MrSensor(m): 7:11pm On May 15, 2020
Gander:

Any Nigerian supporting Donald Trump is indeed a slave.
goat
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by martineverest(m): 7:12pm On May 15, 2020
Nuel4:
lol leave these people. Since Trump banned Huawei they've been reduced to a local champion. Huawei mate 30 pro was supposed to be one of the best phones in the world last but failed miserably outside China just because Trump decided to fúck them
they obviously don't know what's happening in the world......china is on self destruct

Europeans that where indifferent on america banning Huawei and ZTE will now support America...the infiltration of Chinese tech in europe,Asia and South America will cease as everyone knows their ulterior motives and how untrustworthy they are...as we are speaking,India is already sweetening deals for American companies to relocate to India from China,apple and Foxconn ( world biggest manufacturing company) are already building factories in USA,India and Vietnam with the aim of moving away from China...by the time the west is done with china,china will be competing with Africa

as it is now, north Korea is the only friend of china.their allies,Russia and Iran are deeply affected by this pandemic...intact,Russia will overtake Spain as the second highest infected country after USA ,by Sunday morning

Chinese citizens in Europe and South America should start moving out of those continent ASAP cos the treatment they will get will be deadly

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Faithful4real(m): 7:13pm On May 15, 2020
Staphylococcus:

My affiliation does not matter but facing issues squarely.

Trump is a disappointment
Maybe to you but not to me.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Righteousness89(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2020
[s]
valentinegibbs:

I can give you a full note of why I hate him
I have no time for all your spiritual and nonsense conspiracies
Am above that shit
I can tell you that Trump is fucking nuts
But you won't know because maybe you hardly listen to him or maybe some of his stupidity isn't affecting you directly
So don't come and say things you don't know because you think its doesn't affect you
We support people because if ideologies and behavior and you should learn to do so
It's always spiritual with Nigerians ,everything is spiritual
Mtchwwwww
Abeg make una pack well
[/s]

Dts your Problem bro!

I am not one bit Intrested !

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

U.S President Biden Falls Off His Bike While Riding In Delaware (Photos) / SA Parliament Zoom Meeting Hacked With Porn Images, Racial Abuse / Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.