Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help (84055 Views)

COVID-19 Has Turned Everything Upside Down In Nigeria – PTF / Corona Virus: See What Nigerians Have Turned Our Currency Into [PHOTOS] / Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Devops: 10:23am On May 20, 2020
You're a fool if a scar like this on your hand is what is making you an introvert.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Reucy(f): 10:23am On May 20, 2020
I don't think the scar calls for having insecurities.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by AnanseK(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2020
Felyyaks:
If you had taken the tetanus injection,you wouldn't have gone through all the stress.
Anyways you shouldn't feel inferior because of the scar,with the right medication it will disappear though gradually.

This has nothing to do with tetanus injection.

Tetanus injection is to prevent tetanus and the man did not have tetanus. He had an infected wound which healed with a hypertrophied scar. ( I don’t think it is keloid). That’s all.

The guy should think positive. This was an accident and he was lucky he did not lose his arm. People lose arms and sometimes even lives in accidents , a scar is not a life sentence , it is just a cosmetic issue.

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by freshkpomo(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington those Oyibo when dey form say we Africans nor get sense na them mumu pass cos we don get cure for many things before them come our land.. I will give you two things that worked for for my sister (her once swollen knee flattened and I still wonder if it was a magic). You have to be consistent with it cos this story happened when we were still kids and today the scar matches her skin.
1. Boar oil (this is not always easy to come bye so she never really used it cos it's common in villages and you have to book for it so we had to rely on relatives who visited our village frequently, but it was still difficult to lay our hands on it)
2. That oil-like substance that comes out of fire wood each time you cooking with it, at times it's foamy and red ( this was the ones she used back to back cos my grandmum was always giving us that amazing dish prepared with clay pots, missing those good old days lol).

Bro use these stuffs and you will be OK, trust me it has been tested. Though result is not immediate but it works, good luck.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Shabaleo19: 10:27am On May 20, 2020
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by chizzy2019(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2020
My people pls help a brother. My family was hit badly by Covid 19 pandemic. I have a young family of 2 little kids & was placed on compulsory leave without pay at my workplace since march. I have been doing different menial jobs to put food on our table. It hasn't been easy. Pls help me. No amount is too small. 6051847446, Fidelity bank. God bless
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Chimaobison(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2020
Go to any Longrich distributor office use my Code to buy yourself Snake Oil, it is between 1200 as you are using my code but 1600 as non member.this is my code NGO2124691. rob on the surface of the scar.Relax your mind it will be over.thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Carloslehder: 10:28am On May 20, 2020
Mumu,I have like 5 of this type of scars all over my body and the girls still chase me around like fly does sugar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Anyahuruagu: 10:28am On May 20, 2020
Bros don't make excuses for your nature of person, move around, acquire value and garner respect from people.

Infact my girlfriend after reading this with me said you no be serious person o..

Omo gather ur mojo package urself wella... Dat scar na moi moi.... If u sight my nigga CJ with face scar u go run but nigga d excort life steady o...

Life's actually short to worry yourself as you do...
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by AlphaStorm: 10:33am On May 20, 2020
U should have taken the Tetanus Injection
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by cocococo: 10:35am On May 20, 2020
This one nor be scar na. Go to plastic burns/surgery wad or clinicand you will have an idea what a scar is. You will be fine. I’m talking as a burn survivor too. Your scars are infinitesimal, compared to mine.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by adedehinbo(m): 10:37am On May 20, 2020
Op be thankful,I had mine on the face which has totally made me loss my confidence,you should be lucky bro,I beg anyone to pls recommend what I can use to clear this off,it has made me loss so many opportunities
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:40am On May 20, 2020
Not a big deal , not as the caption suggest.

looks like a customized tattoo.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by dominique(f): 10:47am On May 20, 2020
Although your refusal of taking the tetanus toxoid injection did not lead to the infection and scar, you should not have rejected the injection except if have taken all the five shots of tetanus toxoid that makes you immune for life. Trust me if the wound had gotten infected with tetanus, that tiny blob of a scar would have been the least of your problems
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Mayor21(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2020
DenreleDave:

What do u need subscribtion for when u have 50mb opera...

I don't understand. Begging MB for spill thrash on Twitter or u am do Mumu things.. I don't get..

If you can explain what u need MB for, I will share u 200mb..

But if u can't, sorry
I don't even do twitter ma'm, I don't go online spilling trash too please.
And I usually check my mails for job invites, same on my WhatsApp too.
And i've been learning Fx too recently
The Opera 50 mb can't access all those...
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by pacificom: 10:51am On May 20, 2020
I sympathize with you for the emotional trauma that you have been through in the cause of treating this injury. Even the Bible says in John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
Meanwhile this problem is not as critical as you have fabricate it. Although financial incapacitate can really exercerbate a minor condition. Firstly, be prayerful cause this may be a spiritual attack and the wish of enemy is for you to keep fetching water into an empty basket, secondly present your case to some NGO's or religion bodies out there who can assist you with financial support, thirdly, you should stop killing your psychological confidence because of minor scar. I know of a rich footballer named Carlos Tervez who wears a massive scar on his neck and he doesn't have issue with that. Yours even look very much like a tattoo. Wear your confidence back and move on with life brother. Most people out there have more serious problems than steering at a scar in another man's hand. Good luck !
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by BlackLaw: 10:53am On May 20, 2020
Relax bro. I've got a scar that runs from my neck to my chin, dividing the chin into 2. I grew a beard over it. Adapt!
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Mummyfour(f): 10:54am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:
Good day all. I'll try to be brief and detailed.

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

Please I need your help and contributions.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

I'd be grateful if it gets to the front page.
. Bros it's well. I just want to encourage you. God created me beautiful,but i got a medium sized scar under my right eye. This one na face o,and I am a woman. It affected me seriously,but after a while I began to overlook it and carry myself with pride, infact men were even falling over themselves to toast me o. I realise people look beyond my scar and see my unassuming and good heart. When I ask them do you see my scar some say no and some out of curiosity will start looking for a scar that I can feel with my hand o. Is it not strange?
Life is what you make out if it. Don't let it weigh you down. I can understand the expenses,but look beyond the scar and face life ahead. And Las Las you go make am so that you will refund all the money spent on the scar as well as take care of your mama. God bless

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Ytea(f): 10:55am On May 20, 2020
Op, this scar is small compared with the story behind it. You should be thankful. You shouldn't stress over it, tbh.
BTW, your friends will still know it's you, I mean, they know you and they know the scar.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Nobody: 11:00am On May 20, 2020
If you're in Lagos, go to Ojota market and locate Herbamanial organic shop. They sell original Python fat ( abuba eke). Then get lavender and tea tree essential oils and mix with the Python fat and be using on the scar. It will help diminish it.

Note: please the essential oils should be used in drops of 10 to 15 in a 50g fat.

Nice skin you've got for a man. grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Roman7(m): 11:01am On May 20, 2020
but how did that make u introverted........u guys should stop insulting us introverts pls......u had a scar and that made u introverted, how maybe you've been battling low self esteem or shyness and not introversion cuz that's not a disease please......Thank u.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Payper(m): 11:01am On May 20, 2020
What is wrong with being introverted?
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Roman7(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2020
Payper:
What is wrong with being introverted?

I tire oh!!! the post just annoy me.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Elliot2(m): 11:05am On May 20, 2020
Use python fats' oil...that's what my brother used to treat hot oil burn on his leg.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by adedehinbo(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2020
Elliot2:
Use python fats' oil...that's what my brother used to treat hot oil burn on his leg.
its not easy to find bro,I ve searched for it,its very scarce
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Ryocaj(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2020
somehelpington:
Good day all. I'll try to be brief and detailed.

I had to open a new account to stay anonymous because most of my friends come here to read news.

Pardon my english please. It all started in April of 2018. My friend told me that there was this trader nearby who needed our help to move her container shop. I think we were 6 in number or so that went to do the job. After which we were paid 400 naira each, some got 300.

While moving the container to the spot she directed us, the guy beside me left the container without informing me or should I say his hands slipped off. (Only God knows). The container gave me a deep sharp cut on my left arm.

There and then, I was rushed to a nearby chemist store to dress the wound, at the expense of the owner of the container, but I refused to take tetanus injection. For more than 6 months, the wound was taking forever to heal.

Around October 2018, My mum took me to one hospital near our house. It was when the doctor told us that the wound has already been infected, that was why it refused to heal or close up, and that the alternative was to cut off the infected surface and then stitch it up. After all and all, my mum paid 2 to 4k, (I've forgotten the exact amount). I was booked for operation on Friday morning.

I got to the hospital around 10 in the morning. The doctor gave me some injections on my left arm. She told me to lie down on the bed and close my eyes. tongue Before then, I think I saw one of the nurses giving her the surgical blade (very sharp). shocked shocked There and then, she proceeded to cut of the infected surface, which I think lasted roughly 1 hour. After that, she began to stitch it up. I could feel what was going on grin grin but I don't think it hurt me either, maybe it was because of the injection. When she was done, she used plaster to cover it up and told me to be coming for injections for one week.

After one week, I went back to the hospital, where one of the nurses had to remove the plaster and surgical thread after bombarding my buttocks with injections for 7 days. grin grin After some days, I noticed the surface began to inflate on a daily basis. We went back the hospital and the doctor told my mum to buy what the Igbos call Abuba Eke (snake skin) to rub on the surface. After using it for some days, I noticed it wasn't working, which means it was not the original Abuba Eke.

Fast forward to March of 2019, we went to another hospital, where we met one doctor like that, I can't remember what they called him but I think he's in charge of skin related issues. (That was not before paying 2k for card). Even after explaining our predecament to him, he still insisted we should get the card.

After that, he directed us to Orchard Pharmacy, to go get one injection like that. It's sold for 2k and the bottle is very small. He said it would be the best treatment, that after giving me the injection for like 2 or 3 times, it would flatten the scar, because it was a keloid scar and that if I should decide to operate on it, which he would advise us not to, that it might still come back after sometimes in a bigger form. All this made me scared. sad

Well, we came back with the bottle injection which he gave me 3 times right beside the scar, it was very painful but I am a man. grin grin After sometimes, I noticed the scar got inflated and was like about to get burst. When we got home, It was now flatter than it was. Due to money issues, we didn't go back to the hospital. (Chai, I must make am) sad

Now, I am very confused at this point. I don't know if I should go to the village to collect the Abuba Eke (snake skin) my grandma bought to be using on the scar or we should go back to the hospital (in search of the man, that's if he's still there) to collect the remaining injections.

I know my case is not the worst and I still have hope because I believe, My current situation is not my final destination.

Please I need your help and contributions.

NB: Please don't come here to tell me to go and make money first, as if money equals peace of mind. sad sad

I'd be grateful if it gets to the front page.
Are u normal at all.. I av a scar on my right hand .. most ppl think it's a stab wound from a fight.. u av low self esteem.. what if it was on ur face.. what of those battling Vitiligo.. That scar is nothing.. it's even in a place that can be hidden.. I av met ladies that find scars sexy sef..

2 Likes

Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by fantastic1: 11:13am On May 20, 2020
O boy, almost everyone has a scare. Physically, Psychological or otherwise. Wear it like a barge man. It reminds you of what you have been through and you are still here.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by juman(m): 11:15am On May 20, 2020
Hiss.
That is small scar.

I get scars at the wrist and on the arm since I was a boy.
I never remember anymore.
Your thread remind me.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:16am On May 20, 2020
Don't lose your self because of a scar. Live your life without limits. So many had worse yet they are living life to the fullest.
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by adedehinbo(m): 11:17am On May 20, 2020
Mummyfour:
. Bros it's well. I just want to encourage you. God created me beautiful,but i got a medium sized scar under my right eye. This one na face o,and I am a woman. It affected me seriously,but after a while I began to overlook it and carry myself with pride, infact men were even falling over themselves to toast me o. I realise people look beyond my scar and see my unassuming and good heart. When I ask them do you see my scar some say no and some out of curiosity will start looking for a scar that I can feel with my hand o. Is it not strange?
Life is what you make out if it. Don't let it weigh you down. I can understand the expenses,but look beyond the scar and face life ahead. And Las Las you go make am so that you will refund all the money spent on the scar as well as take care of your mama. God bless
thanks sis,battling with mine too,may God bless us enough to overcome this challenge
Re: I Have Turned Into An Introvert Because Of My Scar. Please Help by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2020
Akunwafor:
Just buy a topical steroidal cream.

Should ease the scaring a bit.

I understand why you feel insecure about your scar. Na mostly ruggedmen dey get scar like that and if Sars see you, dem go specially reason you because of the scar.

Anyhoo, you could make wearing long sleeve shirts a habit.

I know a Guy that has a long scar with stitch marks, like a huge centipede on his arm.

I can say he didn't get it as a "rugged" man because he was a 12 year old boy when I met him. He had an accident when he was like 7 years old.

OP should go on with his life. Scars are a sign of the past.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? / How Rivers State Lockdown Trapped Me In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.