Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? (15832 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 27, 2020
Amujale:

The benefits are in employment, fit for purpose education, commerce, economics, fit for purpose political systems, science and technology e.t.c

All the things that makes our world a better place for ourselves and the coming generations.

Politicians are working round the clock on that Sir, they will vote in, vote out and delete whoever needs to be deleted for their plans to succeed.

Meanwhile God's own duty is to ensure that there is PEACE in the midst of his own worshipers! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2020
Maximus69:

Politicians are working round the clock on that Sir, they will vote in, vote out and delete whoever needs to be deleted for their plans to succeed...

How i wish that to be true, sadly it isnt.

The colonialist arent only making use of these foreign extremist religions to brainwash innocent people, they also use education and these unfit for purpose political systems.

These extremist religions are one of the colonial systems.

The way forward is to dismantle all the colonial systems and rip up all their archaic and draconian agreements, then we can hope to make the rapid progress that we rightfully deserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 27, 2020
Amujale:

How i wish that to be true, sadly it isnt.

The colonialist arent only making use of these foreign extremist religions to brainwash innocent people, they also use education and these unfit for purpose political systems.

These extremist religions are one of the colonial systems.

The way forward is to dismantle all the colonial systems and rip up all their archaic and draconian agreements, then we can hope to make the rapid progress that we rightfully deserve.

That's why i told you we need to calm down to see clearly where the problem is not just making rash decisions! cheesy

That book (Bible) revealed many secrets behind these but since you've concluded it's not worth considering, i have zero my mind on whatever you say!

So go and do the needful as you deemed necessary, i'm sure revolutionists will join hands with you. But let me tell you that heads will roll, blood will flow many will be rendered homeless, majority of those who began the struggle will not see it's end, and still the world powers will continue to rule you.

For your information, that's what the Arab nations are trying to do but they can't come out openly, that's why they're hiding behind Islam (religion) to do their revolution thing. They had history of great ancestors but now the western culture has overthrown them so they're now trying to regain their former prestige, but it's too late now the world is in the hands of the Western powers they will crush you into pieces if you dare them.
The only way out is if all your people turn to communism, all of you must earn equally no one should aspire to be a billionaire when some in your midst will be paupers, in this way the western world won't penetrate your midst.
Apart from this, traitors will continue to rise amongst you to sabotage all your efforts, that's why most of the orientals are practicing communism!

All these are secrets we've learnt from that book (Bible) so i just keep laughing at you when you're agitating over the greatness of you dead ancestors, because now the power of money will never allow your people to stand as one, you will only end up killing your people day in day out like the Arabs are doing today! smiley
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 2:42pm On May 28, 2020
Maximus69:

That book (Bible) revealed many secrets behind these.

The bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.

All the secrets in that book are evil and malicious.

The best place for a book of that kind is inside the trashcan.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2020
Maximus69:

....because now the power of money will never allow your people to stand as one, you will only end up killing your people day in day out like the Arabs are doing today! smiley

Christianity and Islam are the worst ideologies ever to set foot on African soil.

Africans invents everything that is self fulfilling and worthy.

Since you're a brainwashed agent of chaos i dont expect you to reason well.

I wish that you will be reunited with your senses sooner than later.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2020
Maximus69:

When i read there is just one motive:-

BENEFITS

You've mentioned none so far! cheesy

You MUST be blind or perhaps you are pretending that you cannot read.

What is the benefit of hard work and dedication?

Amujale:

Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist religions and focus our concentration on reality, African history.

African history comprises of Agriculture,  Architecture, Arts, Astrounomy, Astrology, Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Medical sciences, Philosophy, Physical sciences e.t.c

https://www.nairaland.com/5795996/african-origin-civilisation

Instead of following a false and malicious doctrine that was invented by the enemy, we MUST bin them and instead concentrate our focus on making our world a better place using our God given history.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 28, 2020
Amujale:

You MUST be blind or perhaps you are pretending that you cannot read.
What is the benefit of hard work and dedication?
Instead of following a false and malicious doctrine that was invented by the enemy, we MUST bin them and instead concentrate our focus on making our world a better place using our God given history.

Continue working on what you know best Sir, time will tell! cheesy
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 28, 2020
TATIME:
Leave all these people arguing about speaking in tongues, please preach the gospel of Spiderman, Superman and Hulk to me Sir. I think i'll love to hear that for now! grin grin grin
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin ROFLMAO!
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Myer:

The challenge with Part 1 is that it's no longer a spiritual gift if you speak a language that's already known to you even though unknown to your audience.

Also it does not line up with 1 Corinthians 14:14

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

Unknown tongue is not a tongue even the speaker understands.

The only explanation is there are 2 different tongues that can be inferred. Known tongues and Unknown tongues.

Somehow this thread was derailed by untoward elements. What a waste of six good pages thnx to...
Wonder if Acehart knew what he was inviting with Mmus6 and his seductive antichrist cult to something involving manifestations of the Spirit.
Was really interested in knowing what hoopernikao was gonna do about angel tongues and Acts2. He eventually didn't touch both aspects. I come here to learn not just to teach and one way or another, I do. Would like to see how the scripture can overturn itself on angel tongues, hooper.

Of course, Goshen360 will clearly see from Myer's reply how he's missed it and got himself in a difficult place when using his final method.

Eventually, we could all just pray and ask the Spirit to guide us into all truth. He is our ultimate Truth. Spiritual realities are best experienced rather than just spoken.

3 Likes

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Finallydead:

Somehow this thread was derailed by untoward elements. What a waste of six good pages thnx to...
Wonder if Acehart knew what he was inviting with Mmus6 and his seductive antichrist cult to something involving manifestations of the Spirit.
Was really interested in knowing what hoopernikao was gonna do about angel tongues and Acts2. He eventually didn't touch both aspects. I come here to learn not just to teach and one way or another, I do. Would like to see how the scripture can overturn itself on angel tongues, hooper.

Of course, Goshen360 will clearly see from Myer's reply how he's missed it and got himself in a difficult place when using his final method.

Eventually, we could all just pray and ask the Spirit to guide us into all truth. He is our ultimate Truth. Spiritual realities are best experienced rather than just spoken.

All things work together for good to them that love God. It was derailed - very true; but my invitation to the cultist was more like the invitation of Satan to heaven’s conference with regards to Job’s life - I wanted the topic to be driven for weeks so that many can see their error through proper biblical exposition - it achieved its aim. But I have this mentality that when one wants to hide the truth, he shrouds it around multitude of words; so I restrained myself as it would have been reprehensible if I attacked those guilty of shrouding a preconceived idea regarding tongues in many words; I learned to also respect your views as well as theirs, thank you.

I would like to know what view prevails with you presently.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
CYM, please.
Finallydead:

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by dannyyol2018: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I have just noticed that it is OP himself who introduced Isaiah 28:11. This unfortunately is a red herring which conveniently hupernikao had lashed on and to make a meal out off.

Isaiah 28:11, clearly is prophesying about the impending Assyrian assault on the Northern kingdom of Israel, where the Israelites who later became the lost tribes of Israel, would be captives and into exile under the stammering grunting commands in a foreign language they wouldn't undetstand.

Isaiah 28:11 shouldn't have featured in the OP and would expect hupernikao to ignore it and move on, if he/she has any meaningful contribution to share or make on this one out of 9 spiritual gift of the Holy Spirit

Sir, you should have taken your time to go through what the OP wrote before reacting emotionally.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
dannyyol2018:
Sir, you should have taken your time to go through what the OP wrote before reacting emotionally.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Are you for real. Smh

You better start explaining yourself how you ever mean "you should have taken your time to go through what the OP wrote before reacting emotionally"
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Finallydead what did you type that got your post thats hidden above?. You prolly got yourself banned as well

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Finallydead what did you type that got your post thats hidden above?. You prolly got yourself banned as well

I have been wondering too.

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
dannyyol2018:

You may be referring to the wrong person. In my brief exposition on Isaiah 28:11, I tried to highlight the intention of Paul when he made reference to the verse in 1 Corinthians 14. The person you may be referring to (not MuttleyLaff) wanted us to translate it literally - this led to a lot of bickering regarding the use of the word “stammering” by the aggrieved one. He clearly showed us that the word meant “mockery” or “derogatory language”; but in a clandestine manner, he translated it to the word “gibberish” so that it can fit into his narrative. Then the next bickering concerned the meaning of the expression: “new tongues”; he insisted that “new” meant “newly created” as against the biblical meaning - novel; Muttleylaff and I tried to express this; but I guess you think he was emotional - this isn’t the case.

Let’s know your thoughts regarding the OP.

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Bodydialect57:
CYM, please.
Seen

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Acehart:

I have been wondering too.
Well, that makes three of us, Lol. Prolly cos I quoted an old post here without modifying.

Acehart:

All things work together for good to them that love God. It was derailed - very true; but my invitation to the cultist was more like the invitation of Satan to heaven’s conference with regards to Job’s life - I wanted the topic to be driven for weeks so that many can see their error through proper biblical exposition - it achieved its aim. But I have this mentality that when one wants to hide the truth, he shrouds it around multitude of words; so I restrained myself as it would have been reprehensible if I attacked those guilty of shrouding a preconceived idea regarding tongues in many words; I learned to also respect your views as well as theirs, thank you.

I would like to know what view prevails with you presently.

Brother, you know a point came in my life where I realised I can only really know the things of God by His Spirit and not my intelligence which falls far short. So I gave up on it and began to seek God with an open heart. And true to Himself, He was merciful to me and began to show me Himself. That's why I always recommend every believer does same as we all have the same Holy Spirit in us.(Jn14:26, 1Cor2:10-13)
That way we would all be edified towards unity of faith and gradually less divided.
My position remains what is consistent with my experience and Paul's exposition as in my first post.
https://www.nairaland.com/5860057/should-speak-tongues-right/4#89700832
But I picked up a few things from our scriptural exchange too. Great thread before it was derailed. Well done and God bless.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

Well, that makes three of us, Lol. Prolly cos I quoted an old post here without modifying.

Brother, you know a point came in my life where I realised I can only really know the things of God by His Spirit and not my intelligence which falls far short. So I gave up on it and began to seek God with an open heart. And true to Himself, He was merciful to me and began to show me Himself. That's why I always recommend every believer does same as we all have the same Holy Spirit in us.(Jn14:26, 1Cor2:10-13)
That way we would all be edified towards unity of faith and gradually less divided.
My position remains what is consistent with my experience and Paul's exposition as in my first post.
But I picked up a few things from our scriptural exchange too. Great thread before it was derailed. Well done and God bless.

The word new (kainos) is always used in the sense of "unprecedented" in Gk language.

There are diverse species of angels and diverse angel tongues too.

So, I believe when the Lord spoke of new tongues(Mk16:17), he wasn't referring to tongues of men but of angels because "new"(kainos) meant "never before existing" i.e. never before been in existence as huper pointed out.

These?

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

MuttleyLaff:
... I cant remember where I read that:
If a crooked stick is before you, you need not explain how crooked it is.
Lay a straight one down by the side of it, and the work is well done

I reserve any comment I might/might not have on Kenneth Hagin
as for Myles Munroe however, he was one of my best teachers,
yet everything I learned from him still has to be first vetted and okayed by my Teacher

Do you know that its a hardest thing of all, to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Open criticism is better than unexpressed love
- Proverbs 27:5

I love you more

MuttleyLaff:
Of course, your greatest Teacher, afterall is the Spirit of Truth, aka Holy Spirit, even Holy Ghost, who guides you into all truths. If anyone of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all, without finding fault, and it will be given to you. That promise, is courtesy of James 1:5 missjo.

MuttleyLaff:
From the bible, God of course and just from meditating on the word of God

The bible and God have always been right. My Teacher, of course, who happens to be the Spirit of Truth, He guides me too, into all the truth, for He doesnt speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He discloses to me.

If you too were to come from the presence of God, your face too will be shinning and others will be seeing the radiant glory of God on your face. Do you at all know what the conscious in presence of God feels like? ...

MuttleyLaff:
... You need only one Teacher that will guide you into all truths and tell you things nwanne.

MuttleyLaff:
Now I am getting a sense of why you said you took a hiatus from the Religion forum Nairaland and why I should expedite my response to your 3 questions of interest. I have started on it and hopefully you should my response before bedtime tonight. The Spirit of Truth, clearly is something worth having as a Teacher, Ally and Confidant

Jozzy\4, without doubt, correctly and clearly, right from the Page 1 start word go, had said that, there is nothing like RAPTURE and to go read the Bible to know there isnt. I'll further chip in that even the word RAPTURE is AWOL in the bible. Princewell\2012, you'll never find the word RAPTURE written up anywhere in the Bible

Fingers aren't equal in sizes and/or length, but when they come close together and touching each, they appear unified, equal and the same
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

I didn’t stop studying after our discussion was marred by dubious men.

I wanted to check if my write-up was consistent with the scriptures. Then I stretched my tentacles to chapter 15. Behold, I saw the word “Writings” appearing three times; Between the second Corinthians and second Timothy, it appeared ten times. “The scriptures“, the word used in many Bible versions is translated as “Holy writings”. “Writings” is the English translation for “Ketuvim” or “ Hagiographa“; while the Holy Writings is what is called Tanakh - The Five Books of Moses (Torah), Nevi'im ('Prophets') and Ketuvim ('Writings').

One book that is not fashioned after the traditional Writings and has been classified as an Apocrypha is The Testament of Job literature. One major deviation of this literature is the content on angelic tongues and angelic form of worship in Heaven. In this literature, Job bestows his physical assets to his sons and a supernatural gift for his daughters; three heavenly made sashes that when worn, cause his daughters to enter a different mental state where eternal ones replace the present realities. It also causes them to sing exalted hymns in the dialect of certain angels. Did the infatuation for Knowledge cause the Corinthian church to delve into this apocrypha and cause Paul to react?

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Acehart:

The word new (kainos) is always used in the sense of "unprecedented" in Gk language.

There are diverse species of angels and diverse angel tongues too.

So, I believe when the Lord spoke of new tongues(Mk16:17), he wasn't referring to tongues of men but of angels because "new"(kainos) meant "never before existing" i.e. never before been in existence as huper pointed out.

These?
Yep. The word "kainos" always referred to unprecedented.

Let's leave out the diverse species of angels else we open another can of worms. But, yeah, the Lord meant unprecedented tongues. And there are tongues of men and also of angels.
Acehart:

I wanted to check if my write-up was consistent with the scriptures. Then I stretched my tentacles to chapter 15. Behold, I saw the word “Writings” appearing three times; Between the second Corinthians and second Timothy, it appeared ten times. “The scriptures“, the word used in many Bible versions is translated as “Holy writings”. “Writings” is the English translation for “Ketuvim” or “ Hagiographa“; while the Holy Scriptures is what is called Tanakh - The Five Books of Moses (Torah), Nevi'im ('Prophets') and Ketuvim ('Writings').

One book that is not fashioned after the traditional Writing and has been classified as an Apocrypha is The Testament of Job literature. One major deviation of this literature is the content on angelic tongues and angelic form of worship in Heaven. In this literature, Job bestows his physical assets to his sons and a supernatural gift for his daughters; three heavenly made sashes that when worn, cause his daughters to enter a different mental state where eternal ones replace the present realities. It also causes them to sing exalted hymns in the dialect of certain angels. Did the infatuation for Knowledge cause the CorInthian church to delve in this apocrypha and cause Paul to react?
The thing is it's too far out the limb to believe this has anything to do with the book of Job. And there's enough evidence in the text as to what Paul meant so no need to start looking for what's not lost.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

Let's leave out the diverse species of angels else we open another can of worms. But, yeah, the Lord meant unprecedented tongues. And there are tongues of men and also of angels.
The thing is it's too far out the limb to believe this has anything to do with the book of Job. And there's enough evidence in the text as to what Paul meant so no need to start looking for what's not lost.

Goshen360 still owes us a class.

2 Likes

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

Not as you think. Let me just show a few verses from that Book.

The charismatic sashes

Chapter 48

1. Thus, when the one called Hermera arose, she wrapped around her own string just as her father said.

2 And she took on another heart—no longer minded toward (Pg. 866) earthly things—

3 but she spoke ecstatically in the angelic dialect, sending up a hymn to God in accord with the hymnic style of the angels. And as she spoke ecstatically, she allowed “The Spirit” to be inscribed on her garment.

Chapter 49

1 Then Kasia bound hers on and had her heart changed so that she no longer regarded worldly things.

2 And her mouth took on the dialect of the archons and she praised God for the creation of the heights.

3 So, if anyone wishes to know “The Creation of the Heavens,” he will be able to find it in “The Hymns of Kasia.”

Chapter 50

1 The the other one also, named Amaltheia’s Horn, bound on her cord. And her mouth spoke ecstatically in the dialect of those on high.

2 Since her heart also was changed, keeping aloof from worldly things. For she spoke in the dialect of the cherubim, glorifying the master of virtues by exhibiting their splendor.

3 And finally whoever wishes to grasp a trace of “The Paternal Splendor” will find it written down in the “Prayers of Amaltheia’s Horn.”

The Book didn’t make it to the Christian canons: At the end of the 5th century, the Testament of Job was relegated to the apocrypha.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Goshen360(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Acehart:

Goshen360 still owes us a class.

I know my brother but my times are tight considering work, rest before another work and family etc but I sure will do something soon....all of these so called "tongues of angels" etc will be dealt with also.

In all, with an open mind and a re visit of the doctrine of tongues, I'm now fully convinced and can teach that there's not one single person from Christ to the Apostles that spoke in "unintelligible" language or tongues in the scriptures like we see in Pentecostal churches today so where does our Pentecostal people got this from?

I believe it's from the same verse that had held me down too in the wrong doctrine for years, 1 cor. 14v2 but once that is understood with open mind, the rest of every 1 cor 14 is also understood.

Even if we say this Pentecostal "unintelligible" tongue is correct based on their understanding, Paul still said, KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE INTERPRETER OR WHEN U CAN'T INTERPRET YOURSELF, rather speak or pray to God in private BUT same Pentecostal ignore that verse and still be speaking "unintelligible" language without interpretation. Doesn't that sound confusing to they themselves?

Lastly, I asked myself, where do we in the Pentecostal church today got this intelligible language from if not one single Apostle ever spoke it? But before I come to do my class, a simple question to the pro - unintelligible tongue crew, can they give us just one example where any Apostle spoke in this unintelligible tongue in scripture such as we have in Pentecostal churches today?

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Fingers aren't equal in sizes and/or length, but when they come close together and touching each, they appear unified, equal and the same

Hmmmh...
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Finallydead: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Goshen360:

I know my brother but my times are tight considering work, rest before another work and family etc but I sure will do something soon....all of these so called "tongues of angels" etc will be dealt with also.

In all, with an open mind and a re visit of the doctrine of tongues, I'm now fully convinced and can teach that there's not one single person from Christ to the Apostles that spoke in "unintelligible" language or tongues in the scriptures like we see in Pentecostal churches today so where does our Pentecostal people got this from?

I believe it's from the same verse that had held me down too in the wrong doctrine for years, 1 cor. 14v2 but once that is understood with open mind, the rest of every 1 cor 14 is also understood.

Even if we say this Pentecostal "unintelligible" tongue is correct based on their understanding, Paul still said, KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE INTERPRETER OR WHEN U CAN'T INTERPRET YOURSELF, rather speak or pray to God in private BUT same Pentecostal ignore that verse and still be speaking "unintelligible" language without interpretation. Doesn't that sound confusing to they themselves?

Lastly, I asked myself, where do we in the Pentecostal church today got this intelligible language from if not one single Apostle ever spoke it? But before I come to do my class, a simple question to the pro - unintelligible tongue crew, can they give us just one example where any Apostle spoke in this unintelligible tongue in scripture such as we have in Pentecostal churches today?
Lol. Myer's quote would have helped you see that your stance was impossible.
It appears your challenge is that unintelligible tongues to you is the jargons you hear in many churches today. I am totally against that. You put yourself in a position of either this or that with 1Cor14, but my stance is it's neither.
The only unintelligible tongues I speak of are tongues of angels as in 1Cor 13:1 not gibberish , jargons and senseless mantras and if you go through all my posts here with that at the back of your mind, you'd see I've done justice to every scriptural query.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Finallydead:
Hmmmh...
[img]https://s7/images/2340148986_5c4fb68096.jpg[/img]
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Goshen360(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finallydead:

Lol. Myer's quote would have helped you see that your stance was impossible.
It appears your challenge is that unintelligible tongues to you is the jargons you hear in many churches today. I am totally against that. You put yourself in a position of either this or that with 1Cor14, but my stance is it's neither.
The only unintelligible tongues I speak of are tongues of angels as in 1Cor 13:1 not gibberish , jargons and senseless mantras and if you go through all my posts here with that at the back of your mind, you'd see I've done justice to every scriptural query.

Brother, this tongues of Angels was never spoken by any man. Paul, who was caught up in the third heaven could make reference to that by his experience in 2 Cor.12v4. He himself can not express those words as he said.

So 1 cor 13v1 is hyperbolic saying, Even if, he could speak those languages of 2 cor.12v4, but still doesn't have love, he's nothing. Meaning, that languages he heard but cannot be expressed in words was needed there but love is needed here.

And btw, what's the usefulness of that so called tongues of angels if not needed here? Are you talking to Angels or to men here? Are you praying to Angels or to God? These are most questions I always ask myself and allow scriptures to answer me through the Spirit.

We have to be open minded to re examine our doctrine and there's therefore no shame in it if we're wrong all the way. Be open minded and re examine this doctrine and believe sir.

Lastly, if unintelligible tongues is not what we hear in Pentecostal churches today which I used to participate too, please you tell us what unintelligible tongues are because to the best of my knowledge that's what Pentecostals called speaking in tongues not the well understood and intelligible languages that was spoken in Acts 2.

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Acehart:

I wanted to check if my write-up was consistent with the scriptures. Then I stretched my tentacles to chapter 15. Behold, I saw the word “Writings” appearing three times; Between the second Corinthians and second Timothy, it appeared ten times. “The scriptures“, the word used in many Bible versions is translated as “Holy writings”. “Writings” is the English translation for “Ketuvim” or “ Hagiographa“; while the Holy Scriptures is what is called Tanakh - The Five Books of Moses (Torah), Nevi'im ('Prophets') and Ketuvim ('Writings').

One book that is not fashioned after the traditional Writing and has been classified as an Apocrypha is The Testament of Job literature. One major deviation of this literature is the content on angelic tongues and angelic form of worship in Heaven. In this literature, Job bestows his physical assets to his sons and a supernatural gift for his daughters; three heavenly made sashes that when worn, cause his daughters to enter a different mental state where eternal ones replace the present realities. It also causes them to sing exalted hymns in the dialect of certain angels. Did the infatuation for Knowledge cause the CorInthian church to delve in this apocrypha and cause Paul to react?

Finallydead:

A colorized and altered Testament of Job sample in Greek Minuscule
https://charlesasullivan.com/14354/the-testament-of-job-and-angelic-tongues/

One word about "kainos," is: innovate(d) or innovation (i.e. "neos" on steroids, unprecedented)
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

A colorized and altered Testament of Job sample in Greek Minuscule
https://charlesasullivan.com/14354/the-testament-of-job-and-angelic-tongues/

One word about "kainos," is: innovate(d) or innovation (i.e. "neos" on steroids, unprecedented)

You could add https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelic_tongues to Sullivan’s link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Biblical Ways Of Developing Self-control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.